根据真实故事改编
乌干达 坎帕拉
我真的能行吗
Am I ready?
相信自己
You belong here.
逐 梦 棋 缘
早安 金贝尔夫人 -早安
Morning, Mrs. Kimbale. -Morning!
布莱恩 还在睡呢
Brian, still sleeping.
菲欧娜
Phiona.
理查 我的小♥弟♥弟♥ 快起床
Richard! My little brother, get up!
走开 你走开
一个的话 是500先令
It’s only one. It’s 500 each.
5个都要
All five?
要5个吗 -是的
All five? -Yeah.
一共是2500
2,500.
嘿 你到底卖♥♥不卖♥♥
Hey, when you want bargain?
先生 一共是1000先令
Sir, pay me 1,000.
两袋 两袋 请给我们两袋
Two bags! Two bags! Two bags, please.
你们妈妈还欠我钱呢
Your mother still owes me some money.
我们明天就能还
We’ll make it up tomorrow.
好吧 告诉你们妈妈
That’s it. Now, tell your mother
快把钱还了
I need my money.
我的天啊 菲欧娜
Oh, my God, Phiona.
他开跑车带我去兜风
He rode me on his boda.
那可是最新型的 中式跑车
Latest model, Chinese roadster.
中式的 太棒了
China! Yeah!
问问你姐姐 为什么这个男人
Ask your sister why this man
这么喜欢乱带女孩 上他的跑车
takes young girls on his boda boda.
妈妈问你 “为什么他喜欢带女孩上他的跑车”
Mother asks, “Why does he take young girls on his boda?”
因为西奥很博爱
Theo has a big heart!
布莱恩
Brian.
我建议她 最好离这个男孩远点
I think she should keep this boy at a proper distance.
你必须赚够1千先令才能回来 菲欧娜
You must get 1,000, Phiona.
不行 妈妈 我太累了
No, Mama, it’s too much. I’m tired!
你以为我不累吗
So am I.
帕特丽夏的妈妈都没强迫她出去买♥♥东西 我真的很累
Patricia’s mother does not force her to sell. I’m tired.
那是因为帕特丽夏妈妈的丈夫还活着
Patricia’s mother has a husband who is alive.
你♥爸♥爸死的时候 有给我留下一分钱吗
Did your father leave me any money when he died?
西奥
Theo!
奈特 你要去哪儿
Night, where you going?
搭个顺风车
To get a ride.
啊
Ah…
你是她妈妈还是妹妹
Are you the mother or the sister?
对你来说 我两个都不是
For you I’m not either.
我能一眼就认出 一个不怀好心的人
And I know a hyena when I see it.
你离我女儿远点
You keep away from my daughter.
别这样 妈妈
Stop it, Mummy!
如果再让我看见你出现在这里
If I see you sniffing around here again…
我就把你这堆破铜烂铁给烧掉
I will burn this pile of tin to scrap!
你给我小心点
You be careful.
这辆摩托你可赔不起
This bike is worth more than everything you have.
西奥
Theo.
我走了
Me, I’m gone.
西奥
Theo!
我永远都不会原谅你的
I will never forgive you for this.
我不需要你的原谅
I don’t need your forgiveness!
我需要你好好去卖♥♥玉米 然后养活你的弟弟们
I need you to sell maize to feed your brothers!
去
Go.
快去啊
Go!
卖♥♥衣服 卖♥♥衣服 走过路过不要错过
Shirts. Shirts. Shirts is outside.
卖♥♥衣服咯
Shirts is out.
快来买♥♥啊 物美价廉的衣服
Come here. Shirts is outside you.
散开 散开
Spread out! Spread out!
约瑟夫 长传 带球突进 带球突进
Joseph! Long passes! Keep playing, keep playing.
卡滕德
Katende.
你没被录取 我很遗憾
They turned you down.
我早就警告过你
I warned you.
他们唯一在乎的就是你的背景
They don’t care about your marks.
才不是你的成绩
Only your family status.
我放弃了朋友
I surrender, my friend.
我愿意接受你们部门的邀请
I will accept the position at your ministry…
但前提是我能找到一个
but only until I’m able to find
工程师的工作
an engineering job.
你凭什么觉得我还把这个位置留着
What makes you think I still have a job for you?
也就是说 你愿意透过体育
So, you would be willing to restore hope…
来改变孩子们的生活 以及让他们重拾希望
and transform the lives of children through sports.
而且是全职的
Full time.
我愿意
I would.
欢迎你 卡推需要你这样的人才
Welcome. Katwe needs you.
要玛卡吗 -只要300先令
One maca? -Just 300.
我说了不要 谢谢 天啊
I said, no, thank you. Gosh!
谢谢 继续跳 继续跳
Thank you. Keep dancing. Keep dancing.
谢谢你 女士
Thank you, madam.
帮我拿下篮子 菲欧娜
Take my bucket, Phiona.
你每天都往哪儿跑啊
Where do you go every day?
啊
Ah!
布莱恩 我们还没赚够1千先令昵
Brian! We haven’t made 1,000 shillings yet!
嗯哼
Mmm-hmm.
开始
Let’s go!
快 快 快 快
Go! Go! Go! Go!
你们为什么不上场
Why aren’t you taking part?
踢足球容易摔断骨头
You can break bones playing football.
我妈妈不准我踢
My mother refuses.
她说受伤了没钱看病
No money for doctors.
我自己踢球的时候 也经常摔伤
Me, I have broken a few bones playing football myself.
约瑟夫 没听懂我刚刚说什么吗
Joseph, what did I just say?
但是你们可以参加另外一个游戏
There’s another game you can play.
听说过西洋棋吗
Have you heard of chess?
我知道
Me, I know.
就是亲一下别人 然后跑开 让他来抓你
You kiss a person and try to catch them.
不 西洋棋是一种棋盘游戏
No. It is a board game.
我可以教你们
I can teach you.
我不想学
I don’t want.
那真是可惜
Too bad, eh?
我还以为你们想打败城里的孩子呢
I thought you might like beating city boys.
什么意思
What do you mean?
我还在上学的时候 经常和那些戴着金表的城里的孩子打交道
When I was at school, the city boys with their gold watches,
他们超爱这个游戏
they loved this game.
甚至办比赛 来决出谁是最强的人
They had contests to see who was the best.
我准备好了
I’m ready when you’re ready.
我是一个孤儿
Me, I was an orphan.
跟你们一样 我也没有金表
So, like you, I had no gold watch…
但我刻苦练习西洋棋
but I practiced my chess.
然后打败了他们所有人
And I defeated them all.
谢谢 终于可以付学费了
Thank you. I have tuition to pay.
教教我们吧
Bring us this game.
你们真的想学西洋棋
You want to play chess?
很好
Good.
嘿 弗洛里斯
Hey, Floris
你好吗 弗洛里斯
How are you, Floris?
早安 -早安 布莱恩
Morning. -Morning, Brian.
早安 -早安 布莱恩
Morning. -Morning, Brian.
你们早安
Morning. Morning, guys!
嘿 克洛丽亚 -早安
Hi, Gloria. -Morning.
嗨 约瑟夫 -早安 伊万
Joseph, hi. -Morning, Ivan.
嘿 教练来了
Hey, here comes Coach.
早安啊 小梦想家们
Good morning, Pioneers!
早安 教练
Good morning, Coach!
杯子在哪儿
Where are the cups?
过来喝粥了
Come for porridge!
小姑娘
Young girl.
过来
Come.
快进来 来吧
Come inside. Come.