这个不够高雅
‘It’s not sophisticated enough’.
-就是这样 -我们就要表演这个
– There you are. – Well, we are gonna do it.
拱门下…
Underneath the arches…
我们半小时前就开始了
We started half an hour ago.
-你迟到了 -我去拿包了
– You’re late. – I had to get my bag.
你问过瑞吉了吗 他能不能唱《女人善变》
Have you asked Reggie to sing that Donna e Mobile at the gala?
-天啊 我忘了 -很好 别问了
– God. No, I forgot. – Good. Don’t.
我有个绝妙的主意
I have a brilliant idea!
是什么
What is it?
我忘了
Oh, I’ve forgotten it. Um…
你记得吧 是什么
er… You remember it. What was that?
-你没有说过 -我今早跟你说过
– You haven’t said it yet. – I told you this morning.
-不 你没有 -我早餐时告诉你了
– No, you didn’t. – I told you at breakfast!
-你没有 -还有你 我也告诉你了
– You didn’t. – And you. I’ve told you.
你跟我们一起坐在外面 当时说了什么
You were sitting outside with us. What is it?
你一定知道 天啊 你们这些痴呆
You must know… Oh, for God’s sake, you cretins.
我会想起来的 去把威尔弗找来 快去
I’ll find it eventually. Go and find Wilf. Go on.
现在 我说到哪了
Now, where was I?
找谁
Who?
威尔弗
Wilf!
吉尔伯特与沙利文:《山雀与柳树》 选自《日本天♥皇♥》
我让你们来这里
The reason I’ve asked you
是因为我想到个好主意
here is because I’ve had a brilliant idea.
抱歉 我去把”山雀与柳树”关在门外
Excuse me while I shut out Tit-Willow,
-塞德里克 -是西德里克
– Cedric. – ‘Cee-dric’.
一个绝妙的主意
A brilliant idea.
绝对妙 我解释给你听
Terrific. I can explain to you now.
抱歉 我没听清最后一个词 塞德里克
I’m sorry, I missed that last bit, Cedric.
-是西德里克 -西德里克 明白 明白
– ‘Cee-dric’. – Oh, Cee-dric. Of course, of course.
现在简也来了
Now that Jean is here
你们四个又团聚了
and the four of you are together again,
我希望你们在晚会上表演
I put it to you that you should perform at the gala
《弄臣》里的四重唱
the quartet from Rigoletto.
太棒了 我刚才就在听我们的合唱
That’s amazing! I’ve… I’ve just been listening to us.
-《弄臣》 -想想媒体的报道
– The Rigoletto. – Think of the publicity!
《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》《每日电讯报》《歌♥剧杂♥志♥》
The Times, The Telegraph, Opera Magazine.
我们有英国歌♥剧史上最好的四个歌♥唱家
We have four of the finest singers in English operatic history.
我们早就知道了 我们几乎不需要彩排
We already know the bloody thing. We’d hardly have to rehearse.
-但是简不会加入 -举手
– But Jean won’t sing it. – Put your hand up.
-要举手吗 -但你们必须让她改主意
– Put your hand up? – Oh, but you must change her mind.
她可是张王牌
She’s a huge draw.
不要为任何人举手
Don’t you put your hand up for anyone.
就像玛利亚·卡拉斯回归一样
It would be as if Maria Callas were making a comeback.
玛利亚·卡拉斯 二十世纪最伟大的歌♥剧女王
我不想和简一起合作
I don’t think I want to sing with Jean again.
为什么
Why not?
他们以前结过婚 但是分手了
They were married once, but it didn’t work out.
茜茜 别说了 我不想 这样不行
Cissy, please. I don’t want to. It wouldn’t be right.
是吗 那真可惜
Well, it’s a shame.
我数不清这些年来你登台表演的次数
I can’t count the number of galas you have graced over the years
你的声音无以伦比 我是说真的
with your incomparable voice, and I mean that sincerely.
你自己可能不知道 瑞吉
I don’t think you realise it, Reggie,
咏叹调 选自威尔第四幕歌♥剧《阿伊达》
但人们都还在谈论你
but people still talk about your
四年前唱的《圣洁的阿伊达》
Celeste Aida four years ago
还有两年前的《万福玛利亚》
and your Ave Maria two years ago.
舒伯特名曲
不管怎么说
For what it’s worth,
去年在晚会上听到你的《今夜无人入眠》时
when I heard you sing Nessun Dorma at the gala last year,
我一直在想 帕瓦罗蒂 嫉妒去吧
all I thought was, ‘Eat your heart out, Pavarotti.’
瑞吉 我知道你不是很认同我
Reggie, I know you don’t think much of me,
但是办好这场晚会
but with this one concert,
我们就能筹够钱 维持这个地方
we could get enough money to keep this place going
今年之内的运行
for the rest of the year.
-或许还能到明年 -是真的
– Or possibly even the next. – It’s true.
你这是在拯救比彻姆宅 瑞吉纳德
You could help save Beecham House, Reginald.
我现在有个重要会议 失陪
But I have an important meeting now. Do excuse me.
闭嘴 行了 快闭嘴
Oh, shut up, ok, shut up.
你可以劝简合作
And you could persuade Jean to sing.
只是一场晚会 瑞吉
It’s only one gala, Reggie.
我们三个可以请她出去吃晚餐
Why don’t the three of us ask her out to dinner?
-好主意 瑞吉 -瑞吉
– Well done, Reggie. – Oh, Reggie!
-谢谢 -太棒了
– Thank you. – Excellent.
我写张便条给她
No, I’ll, uh… I’ll write her a little note,
茜茜 或许你能帮我交给她
Cissy, and perhaps you will be good enough to deliver it.
好的
Yes.
打扰了
Sorry.
-就帮两个忙 -你到底要做什么
– Just two favours. – Exactly what do you propose?
天鹅餐馆
The Swan restaurant.
就我们四个 茜茜 瑞吉和我
Just the four of us – Cissy, Reggie and me.
如果我们能说服简参加晚会
If we could convince Jean to sing at the gala,
就能帮这里筹到一大笔钱
we’re talking serious money here.
连西德里克都认为
I mean, even Cedric reckons
我们可以和柯芬园一样收费
we could charge Covent Garden prices.
柯芬园 伦敦最大的特色商品市场
十点半前回来 不许晚归
Came back 10:30. No later.
-十二点半 -不行
– 12:30. – No.
-你确定 -是的
– You sure? – Yes.
你刚才抽的是什么香烟
What kind of cigarettes is it you smoke again?
-十二点半 不能再晚了 -成交 露西
– 12:30. No later. – Done, Lucy.
-请叫我科根医生 -成交 科根医生
– Please call me Dr Cogan. – Done, Dr Cogan.
真搞不懂 威尔弗雷德
Why is it, Wilfred,
为什么你总让我觉得你不怀好意
I always get the impression you’re up to no good?
因为我本来就不怀好意
Because I’m normally up to no good.
还有 请叫我威尔弗
And please, call me Wilf.
我们试过了 记得吗 你没有扣眼
We’ve done this, remember? You don’t have a buttonhole.
为什么你总要跟我调情 威尔弗
Why do you persist in flirting with me, Wilf?
因为你很惊艳 是个美丽的东西
Because you’re a cracker, a thing of beauty.
你不是荡♥妇♥不是小妞
You’re not a bimbo or a chick
不是那些讨厌的东西
or any of those awful things.
你是最稀有的物种
You’re one of that rarest of species,
你是个女人 露西·柯根
you’re a woman, Lucy Cogan.
过奖了 但是我有职业道德要遵守
Well, I’m flattered, but I have professional ethics to uphold.
别那么小心翼翼的
Ah, throw caution to the wind.
我们一起做些美妙的音乐如何
What if we were to make beautiful music together?
你丈夫不会知道的
Your husband would never know.
那真让人安心 威尔弗
That’s reassuring, Wilf.
-考虑下吧 -不 威尔弗
– Think about it, huh? – No, Wilf.
-没人会知道的 -我会知道 威尔弗
– No-one would ever know. – I will know, Wilf.
年长的男人 醇美的佳酿 风干的木材
Older man. Vintage wine. Seasoned wood.
-你刚刚说木材 -风干的
– Did you say wood? – Seasoned.
威尔第:《赞美你 美丽的爱神》
瑞吉纳德·佩吉特 《拉美莫尔的露琪亚》
记住 等到她完全喝醉
Remember, wait until she’s totally legless
再说那件事
before we hit her with it.
对 一定要等她喝醉再说
Yes. Don’t speak till she’s legless.
-她来了 -要喝醉
– She’s coming. – Legless.
-我怎么就从了你们了 -她来了
– I should never have agreed to this. – Here she comes.
她看起来相当不错
She looks fairly alright-ish.
你真漂亮 简
You look lovely, Jean.
谢谢夸奖
Thank you.
你刷新了漂亮一词的含义
You give a whole new meaning to the word ‘chic’.
-你们真是太好了 -哪里哪里
– It’s so very, very kind of you. – It’s the least we can do.
-可以吗 简 -谢谢
– May I, Jean? – Thank you.
为了你 简 小酌一杯
For you, Jean, a little toast,
我们大家欢迎你的到来
from all of us to make you feel welcome.
可别忘了
Now, don’t forget
敬酒要看着对方 否则会有霉运的
you’ve got to make eye contact or it’s bad luck.
我这辈子可没听过这规矩
I never heard of anything like that in my life.
-是真的 -瞎说
– It’s the truth. – Nonsense.
简 你听过自己之前的专辑吗
Jean, do you ever listen to your old recordings?
-没有 -我听过
– Oh, no. No. – I do.
我常听我们的专辑
I listen to us a lot.
实际上