他表演起来就像是吃了兴♥奋♥剂♥一样
Watching him, he was like amphetamine person,
完全疯狂的样子
just going completely crazy.
脖子上的青筋直冒
It was just like veins bulging out of the neck.
里面有某种怒气
There was an anger there.
很明显斯特鲁默的魅力和信念
It was clear that Strummer’s charisma and conviction
慢慢超过了其余101人的成员
were set to outgrow the 101ers.
在纳什维尔的某个晚上
One night at The Nashville,
一次助演让他开始彻底改变了自己的信念
a new support act would set him on his road to Damascus.
我当时还在101人
I was working with the 101ers
然后第二天晚上
and the next night,
他们要在纳什维尔表演
they were playing The Nashville
助演是性手♥枪♥乐队
and the Sex Pistols were the support act.
101人乐队和性手♥枪♥乐队
我走进纳什维尔
I walked into Nashville
走到后台
and I got to the back
乔在看性手♥枪♥乐队的表演
and Joe was watching the Sex Pistols.
当我走进去的时候
I kind of felt this atmosphere
我能感觉到那种氛围 很不一样
when I walked in there, really different.
我记得我当时这样举着手 对他说
I remember putting my hand up like that and going to him,
“你感受到了吗”
“Do you feel that?”
他说”是啊” 我说
And he went, “Yeah.” I said,
“空气中有种不同的东西”
“There’s something different in the air.”
有段神奇的时期 大概是从76年初
There was a magical time, from maybe the beginning of ’76
一直到76年底
through to late ’76,
你能清楚地感受到有事要发生
where you genuinely felt something was going on.
你能感受到类似朋克的东西出现
You could feel something like punk coming.
你能感受到变化即将来临
You could feel a change coming.
但你不确定那是什么
You weren’t quite sure what it was.
1975年4月
April, 1975.
美国人撤离西贡
The Americans evacuate Saigon.
对我来说 就是六十年代的终结
For me, the end of the ’60s.
理查德·斯特兰奇
疯人医生乐队
尽管是在1975年 越南还是…
Although it’s 1975, Vietnam was the…
六十年代的首要号♥召力
central rallying point of the 1960s.
我们对此进行抗♥议♥
It’s what we protested against.
我们去格罗夫纳广场挥舞拳头
We went to Grosvenor Square, shook our fists.
当时有披头士乐队和滚石乐队
It was Beatles and Stones,
米克·贾格尔 塔里克·阿里
Mick Jagger and Tariq Ali
瓦妮莎·雷德格瑞夫
and Vanessa Redgrave.
我们对越战感到愤怒
We were angry about Vietnam.
越战以美国投降结束 抱歉了
Vietnam finished with the American surrender, sorry, guys,
在1975年4月
in 1975, April,
美国人从西贡大使♥馆♥经直升机撤离
evacuated by helicopter from the Embassy in Saigon.
75年11月 一支名为”性手♥枪♥”的乐队
November ’75, a band called the Sex Pistols
在圣马丁艺术学校进行了他们的第一场演出
did their first gig at St Martin’s art school.
因此在4月至11月期间
So somewhere between April and November
那一代的接力棒传递了下去
was where that generational baton was handed on.
理查德·基德·斯特兰奇是迷幻原始朋克
Richard “Kid” Strange was the cosmic leader
疯人医生乐队的重要领导者
of psychedelic proto-punks, the Doctors Of Madness.
他们有着很多后来的朋克印记
They had many of the hallmarks of what became punk
并在1976年踏上了成功之路
and were on the road to success by 1976.
经纪人给我们打电♥话♥ 应该是在76年5月
We got a call from our agent, this must have been May, ’76,
说道 “有个你们应该听说过的乐队
saying, “There’s a band you might have heard of,
他们惹了点麻烦
they’ve caused a bit of trouble.
你们知道我要说谁 就是性手♥枪♥乐队
You know who I’m going to say. It’s the Sex Pistols.
他们想给你们助演 可以吗”
They want to support you. Is that OK?”
我想着 “行啊 来吧”
I thought, “Yeah, fine, bring it on,” you know.
我们到了那 性手♥枪♥乐队正坐在观众席
We arrived and the Pistols were sitting in the auditorium.
他们很淘气 但并不过分
They were naughty, but not excessively so.
他们看起来就像逃学的孩子们
They looked like they were kids bunking off school, you know?
他们比我们年轻那么多
They were that bit younger than us.
我们甚至被引导着
We’d sort of been led to
认为他们可能带有武器
believe that they might be armed, you know!
尽管他们表现得并无恶意
As harmless as they may have appeared,
性手♥枪♥乐队的确带着武器 这武器如此新式
the Pistols were armed with something so violently new
使得哪怕旧政♥权♥对他们吹了口气
that any act with so much as a whiff of the old regime about them
都能让他们将其认作敌人
could now consider themselves the enemy.
他们开始表演 我从旁边看着
They opened the show and I was watching from the wings
我心想 “我们完了”
and I thought, “It’s all over for us.”
他们在舞台前获得的反应就是非凡的虔诚
The reaction that they garnered was just extraordinary devotion
就如福音派教♥徒♥拜倒在前一样
to the point of evangelical prostration in front of the stage.
Sex Pistols – Pretty Vacant
*We’re so pretty*
*Oh, so pretty*
或者 “这恶心的东西是什么
Or, “What is this abomination?
这不是音乐”
It’s not music.” You know?
当然了 某种程度上 这才是重点
And, of course, in a way, that was the point.
那远胜于音乐
It was much better than music,
是某种能让父母心烦的东西
it was something to upset your parents.
*We’re so pretty. Oh, so pretty*
*Vacant*
你心里想着
You just thought…
“我真是老了”
“I’m two years too old.”
接着 事情更加严重了
And then, to compound the whole thing,
等我们出来 回到更衣室时
by the time we came off and got back into the dressing room,
性手♥枪♥乐队竟然翻遍了我们的口袋
the Pistols had been through our pockets
拿走了我们的钱
and nicked our money as well!
*And we don’t care.*
朋克时代来临了
Punk’s time had come.
冰山随着
The iceberg had cometh
76年夏季英国破纪录的高温来临了
as Britain basked in record temperatures in the summer of ’76.
形形色♥色♥的人们都深植其中
Its roots run deep and a diverse cast
扮演了各自的角色
had played their part in setting the scene,
但英伦朋克真正的诞生
but British punk’s true birth,
这粗俗 丑陋 迷人野兽的成长
the spawning of this visceral, ugly, enticing beast
对其可爱可恨 但无法忽视
to be loved or hated but impossible to ignore
只能追溯到你第一次
can only be traced back to your first time
第一次见到性手♥枪♥乐队开始
the first time you saw the Sex Pistols.
那四个人晃到舞台上
These four characters stumbled onto the stage
吉娜·波奇和安娜妲·希尔薇
雨衣合唱团
演奏了那些歌♥曲
and they played these songs
我从未见过或听过
and they were just like nothing else
任何类似的歌♥曲
I’ve ever seen or heard before.
他们唱了首丑角合唱团的歌♥ 唱了《无趣》
They played a Stooges song, they played No Fun,
演奏了《能对此做什么》
and they played Watcha Gonna Do About It,
小脸乐队的老歌♥ 但没唱
the old Small Faces song, but instead of,
“我想让你知道我爱你 宝贝” 而是唱
“I want you to know that I love you, baby,” it was,
“我想让你知道我恨你 宝贝”
“I want you to know that I fucking hate you, baby.”
我觉得 “太酷了”
I thought, “That is cool.”
实际上 他们很美
Actually, they were sort of… very beautiful.
汉弗莱·奥申
基尔伯恩公路乐队
他们就像是精灵
They were like fairies, really.
我♥操♥ 这是我唯一能使用的形容了
Fuck me. It’s the only language I can use.
多恩·莱茨
导演
这是文化归零地
I mean, it was a cultural ground zero.
像是花♥园♥底部的那种精灵们
You know, the sort of fairies at the bottom of one’s garden.
并且正年轻
And young.
实际上我听不到约翰在唱什么
I mean, I actually couldn’t hear what John was singing
但其中有着你无法否认的活力和张度
but there was an energy and an intensity that you could not deny.
性手♥枪♥乐队早期的不同在于
What was so different about the Sex Pistols early on
马克·佩里
嗅胶爱好者杂♥志♥
他们对观众非常有侵略性
was they were quite aggressive to the audience.
在于眼睛 那种看着观众的方式
It was the eyes, it was just the eyes, looking at the audience.
他眼含憎恨地注视观众
He’d look at them with such hatred.
他坐在那愁眉不展 我被其吸引住了
He was sat there, scowling, and I felt really drawn to that.
我爱着那矛盾
I just loved the contradiction
女妖苏西克
苏克西女妖乐队
我之前从未见过
and I just had never seen anything like it.
那鼓舞着我离开学校
It just inspired me to leave college,
亚当·安特
亚当和蚂蚁乐团
和我妻子分开 尽力一试
split up with my missus and go for it.
那是场盛宴
It was an event.
不是音乐盛宴 更像是文化盛宴
Not so much a musical event, but a cultural event.
尽管如此 你仍能看出这是不同的 重要的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!