宝贝 话说…
I tell you what, doll.
不如你 波莉还有我今晚一起去看电影
How about you, Polly and me go out to a movie tonight?
去有冷气的地方
Get in some refrigeration.
你想上哪儿看呢
Where do you want to go?
去马氏兄弟或者百图电影
Maybe the marbro or the biograph.
吉米要带我们去看电影呢
Jimmy’s taking us to the picture show.
那我等会儿去商店 做些炸鸡当晚餐
I’ll go to the store later and make fried chicken for dinner.
你去哪儿
Where you going?
搭电车
Streetcar.
我要去市区拿我的侍应生执照
I gotta go downtown to get my waitressing license.
等会 我载你去 屋子里太他妈热了
Hang on a minute. I’ll take you. It’s too damn hot in here.
真的
Yeah?
珀维斯先生 安娜·塞奇打来的
Mr. Purvis. Anna Sage.
午安 塞奇小姐
Afternoon, Miss Sage.
今晚行动
It is tonight!
安娜·塞奇会跟他在一起
Anna sage will be with him
她会穿一件橙色裙子 白色外套
And will wear a white blouse over an orange skirt.
我们凭这个认出他
That is how we will know it is him.
他可能会易容
He may have changed his appearance.
我们还不知道他会去马氏兄弟
And we have not learned if he will go to the marbro
还是去百图电影
or the biograph.
-两家电影院 -没错
– Two theaters? – That’s right.
上映什么
What’s playing?
恩
Excuse me?
马氏兄弟上映什么 百图电影上映什么
What’s playing at the marbro? what’s playing at the biograph?
马氏兄弟播秀兰·邓波儿演的小麻烦
A shirley temple movie called little miss marker is at the marbro.
百图电影在播一警♥匪♥片
The biograph is playing a gangster picture
大腕克拉克·盖博演的男人世界
Starring clark gable, manhattan melodrama.
强·迪林杰肯定不会去看
John Dillinger ain’t going to
秀兰·邓波儿的电影
a shirley temple movie.
芝加哥东区警署的札库维奇和奥尼尔警官
Sergeants Zarkovich and O’neill, from the east chicago police department,
还有温斯特德探员盯守百图电影 我也是
And agent Winstead will be at the biograph, as will I.
然后维吉尔·皮特森
Now, virgil peterson,
你在马氏兄弟协调指挥
you will coordinate the marbro.
记住 他有枪 而且极度危险
He will be armed and extremely dangerous.
就到这里
Is that it?
对
Yep.
-我很快回来 -等下
– I’ll be right back. – hold on.
我跟你一起进去
I’ll go in with you.
好吧
All right.
这大概需要10分钟
It might take 10 minutes.
等会外头见
I’ll meet you outside.
希望这赛季还能见他再来个侧旋球
I’d like to see babe take one more swing this season.
但是他腿伤未愈
But his leg is pretty sore.
目前只能进行少量击球练习
He takes a bit of batting practice, but not very much.
现在比分多少
What’s the score?
小熊队领先 3比2 排名第七
Cubs, 3-2, top of the 7th.
所以他缺席了今天的比赛
…that’s why he’s out of today’s game.
第一球 投了个高球
The pitch is high. ball one.
现在是布罗阿卡 扬基队第一击球手
Broaca, the batter leading off for the yankees,
看不清球
Did not see the ball very well.
有什么动静
What’s going on?
还没有
Nothing yet.
他们还没在马氏兄弟出现
They haven’t shown up at the marbro.
-布莱奇 -吉姆
– Blackie! – Jim!
你个老混♥蛋♥
Well, you old son of a gun!
看起来混得不错嘛 吉姆
I say, you’re looking swell, jim.
一起去看拳击赛 怎样
Let’s get a load of this dempsey-firpo binge, shall we?
好啊 但我们何时再碰头呢
Yeah, yeah. But when will we get together again?
天 这多久没一起玩了
gee, it’s been weeks!
明晚怎样 周六
Well, what about tomorrow night? saturday?
他出来的时候 我就点烟
I will light my cigar when he’s coming out.
札库维奇 奥尼尔 你跟你手下
Zarkovich, o’neill, you and your men
守在电影院右边的帽子店
Take the hat store right across from the theater.
史密斯 苏然 克莱格带两探员
Smith, suran, clegg, take two agents,
守着后边的小巷
you cover the rear alley.
洛尔 赖斯 你们跟赖内克待在北面的车里头
And Rorer and Rice, you stay in the car with Reinecke to the north.
克拉伦斯跟我会在门道那里
Clarence and I are gonna be in the doorway
大约是电影院出口往南30英尺处
30 feet south of the theater entrance.
盖瑞你就守在出门北面的褐色小轿车里
Gerry, you’re in the tan sedan just to the north of the entrance.
以防他向北逃走
In case he walks north?
珀维斯先生 他不会往北走的
He ain’t gonna walk north, Mr. Purvis.
他会往南走 穿过马路 回她家去
He’s gonna head south, cut through the alley back to her place.
你好 加拉格尔
Hello, Gallagher.
你好 斯♥诺♥
Hello, Snow.
比赛到一半把我叫这儿来
Must be something pretty important,
你应该有很重要的事要找我
Getting me in here in the middle of the game.
找我啥事
What do you want?
帮我朋友一个小忙
I want to do a little favor for a friend.
你是当官的 你能救他的命
You’re the governor. you can save his life.
陪审团裁定他有罪
He’s guilty. The jury says so.
再见 布莱奇
Goodbye, Blackie.
再见 吉姆
Goodbye, jim.
我受不了了 布莱奇
I can’t help it, blackie.
我不能看着你死
I’m not gonna let you die.
我要为你争取减刑
I’ve got to commute you.
你觉得把我关在那个肮脏的牢里…
You think you’re doing me a favor
关一辈子就是在帮我吗
By keeping me locked up in this filthy trap for the rest of my life?
好意心领了 看守 咱们走
No, thanks. come on, warden, let’s go.
永别了 布莱奇
So long, blackie.
小子 笑一笑 把鼻涕擦擦
Kid, keep your chin up and your nose clean.
潇洒活着 痛快死去
Die the way you lived,
只是突然到了离开的时间
all of a sudden, that’s the way to go.
没什么好拖延的
Don’t drag it out.
苟且偷生不算活着
Living like that doesn’t mean a thing.
他说什么
What did he say?
我听不清
I couldn’t hear him.
剩下的事你来处理 我向华盛顿总部报告下
You take care of this. I need to go call washington.
你好 比莉
How are you doing, Billie?
我是特工温斯特德
I’m special agent Winstead.
如果你是来问无聊问题的…
If you’ve come here to ask me more damn questions. . .
比如路人甲在哪 路人乙在哪
“where’s this one or that one?”
我不是让你告诉我什么
I didn’t come here for you to tell me something.
我来是有事告诉你
I came here to tell you something.
警♥察♥说就是你开枪杀死他的
They say you’re the man who shot him.
没错 我也是个警♥察♥
That’s right. One of them.
那你来这做什么
So why are you coming here to see me?
看我有多惨
To see the damage you’ve done?
不
No.
我来 是因为他托我来
I came here because he asked me to.
他倒下的时候 他说了些话
When he went down, he said something.
我趴在他的嘴边听他说
I put my ear next to his mouth,
我认为他说的话是这样的
And what I think he said was this.
他说
He said,
帮我跟比莉说
“tell Billie for me,
永别了 小黑鸟
“‘bye-bye, blackbird.”
马尔文·泊沃斯一年后退出联邦调查局
并于1960年自杀身亡
比莉·弗雷谢特于1936年出狱
并在威斯康辛度过余生