有人跟她一起来吗
Did she arrive with anyone?
没有
No.
她有打过任何电♥话♥或是…
Did she make any phone calls or…
没有
No.
本地通话呢
Locally?
你跟她在一起过夜吗
Did you spend the night with her?
没有
No.
那你怎么知道她没打过电♥话♥
Well then, how would you know that she didn’t make any phone calls?
她很累 然后…
Well, she was very tired and…
我开始记起来了
See, now I’m starting to remember.
我脑海里正在勾勒那个画面
I’m making a mental picture of it in my mind.
如果你勾勒某个画面…
You know, if you make a mental picturization of something…
好…慢慢想
That’s right. That’s right. Take your time.
当时她…她就坐在后面…
She was… she was sitting back there…
不 不是 当时她手里拿着一个三明治站在后面
No, no, she was standing back there with a sandwich in her hand
还有她说她得早点去睡觉
And she said she had to go to sleep early
因为她还得开很远的路程
Because she had a long drive ahead of her.
-后面? -回她要回的地方啊
– Back where? – Back where she came from.
不是 你之前说她坐在后面…
No, you said before that she was sitting back there…
站在后面…
Standing back there…
是的 我后面的客厅里
Yes, back in my parlor there.
她很饿 然后我就给她做了个三明治
She was very hungry and I made her a sandwich
然后她说她很累就直接去睡了
And then she said that she was tired and she had to go right to bed.
-明白 她付现金还是支票? -现金
– I see. How did she pay you? Cash? Check? – Cash.
现金
Cash, huh?
她离开之后 就没回来了吗
And after she left, she didn’t come back?
她为什么要回来呢
Well, why should she?
我想就这么多了 阿伯盖斯特先生
Well, Mr. Arbogast, I guess that’s about it.
如果你不介意的话 我先去忙了
I’ve got some work to do, if you don’t mind.
说实话 我介意
Well, to tell you the truth, I do mind.
如果做肉冻缺了凝结剂的话 就没法凝结
You see, if it doesn’t jell, it isn’t aspic, and this ain’t jelling.
就做不成肉冻 缺一不可
It’s not coming together. Something’s missing.
我不知道你期望我告诉你些什么
Well, I don’t know what you could expect me to know.
人们来来往往
People just come and go, you know.
对 她不是还在这儿吧
That’s right. She isn’t still here, is she?
不在了
No.
如果我想要检查所有的房♥间
If I wanted to check the cabins, all 12 of them,
我是不是需要搜查令呀
I’d need a warrant, wouldn’t I?
如果你不信的话 就跟我来吧
Listen, if you don’t believe me, come on with me.
你可以帮我换床单
You can help me change beds.
不用了 多谢
Okay? Oh. no, thanks.
改变主意了?
Change your mind?
我…我想肯定是因为我的某些表情
You know, I… I think I must have one of those faces you just can’t
使得你不相信我的话
Help believing.
-还有人在家吗 -没有
– Is anyone at home? – No.
是吗 那儿有人坐在窗户旁边
Oh? There’s somebody sitting up in the window.
没 没有
No, no, there isn’t.
肯定有 你去瞧瞧
Sure, go ahead. Take a look.
那肯定是我母亲
Oh, that must be my mother.
她是个病人
She’s an invalid.
实际上 她喜欢独居
It’s practically like living alone.
明白
Oh, I see.
如果这个女孩 曼璐·克兰在这儿
Now, if this girl, Marion Crane, were here, you wouldn’t
你不会把她藏起来吧
Be hiding her, would you?
-不会 -即使她出高价也不会吗
– No. – Not even if she paid you well?
不会
No.
我们这样说好了 我不想跟你争论
Let’s just say, just for the sake of argument,
她想要你勇敢地保护她
That she wanted you to gallantly protect her.
你知道你被利用了
You’d know that you were being used.
你不会蠢到被耍吧
You wouldn’t be made a fool of, would you?
但我并不傻 我…
But I’m not a fool. well, I…
我不能被别人愚弄 即便是被女人耍
And I’m not capable of being fooled, not even by a woman.
这不是在诋毁你的男子气概
Well, this is not a slur on your manhood.
这么说吧
Let’s put it this way.
她可能耍了我 但她没有耍我的母亲
She might have fooled me, but she didn’t fool my mother.
那你母亲见过她了? 我可以跟你母亲谈一下吗
Well, then your mother met her. Could I talk to your mother?
不行 如我之前跟你说的 她不见外人
No. As I told you, she’s confined.
知道 但就几分钟而已
Yes, but just for a few minutes. That’s all.
可能会有你所遗漏的线索
There might be some hint that you missed out on.
生病的老女人通常比较易怒
You know, sick old women are usually pretty sharp.
阿伯盖斯特先生…我想我已经…
Mr. Arbogast… I think I’ve…
就一会儿 我不会触怒她的
Just for a moment. I wouldn’t disturb her.
我想我已经都跟你说清楚了
I think I’ve talked to you all I want to.
知道 但就…
Yes, but just for…
我想如果你马上离开就再好不过了 谢谢
I think it’d be much better if you left now. Thanks.
好吧
Well, all right.
如果你让我跟她谈一下肯定会让我少走很多冤枉路
You sure would save me a lot of leg work if you’d let me talk to her.
这也需要搜查令吗
Would I need a warrant for that, too?
当然
Sure.
好吧 不管怎样还是谢谢
All right. Thanks anyway.
喂 卢密斯 我是阿伯盖斯特 莱拉在吗
Hello, Loomis. This is Arbogast. Is Lila there?
好 请让她听电♥话♥
Okay. Let me talk to her, please.
喂 莱拉
Hello, Lila.
听着 莱拉 曼璐来过这儿
Lila, listen. Marion was up here.
是的 上个星期六晚上她在贝茨汽车旅馆投宿
Yes, she spent last Saturday night at the Bates Motel.
就在旧公路旁边
It’s right out here on the old highway.
我连她住哪个房♥间都知道 是1号♥房♥
I even know what cabin she was in. It was number one.
这个年轻的旅馆老板说她只住了一晚
This young fella that runs the place said that she just spent the night,
第二天就离开了 就这样
Left the next day and that was it.
还不大确定
No, not exactly.
相信我 我确实盘问过他
Well, I did question him, believe me,
但我认为我这趟没白来
But I think I got all there was to get.
我还得从这儿找点线索
I’ll just have to pick up the pieces from here.
说实话 我感觉不是很满意…
Well, I tell you, I don’t feel entirely satisfied…
这个小伙子有个生病的老母亲
See, this boy had a sick old mother.
我想她见过曼璐并跟她说过话
I think she saw Marion and talked to her.
没有 遗憾地是他不让我见她
No. No, unfortunately, he wouldn’t let me see her.
我有 但我想会先回汽车旅馆
Well, I was, but I think I’ll go back to the motel first.
不用 你跟卢密斯待一起 我大概1小时内回去
No, you stay there with Loomis. I’ll be back in about an hour.
好的 听着 我…
All right, fine. Listen, I…
你知道我的想法♥会♥很高兴的
You’ll be happy to know what I think.
我想我们的朋友萨姆·卢密斯并不知道曼璐来这儿
I think our friend Sam Loomis didn’t know that Marion was here.
好的 大概1小时左右见
Yeah. all right. See you in about an hour or less.
好的 再见
All right, bye bye.
贝茨?
Bates?
有时寂寞的声音会萦绕在周六的夜晚
Sometimes Saturday night has a lonely sound.
有留意过吗 莱拉
Ever notice that, Lila?
萨姆 他说1小时左右
Sam, he said an hour or less.
对
Yeah.
已经过去3个小时了
It’s been three.
难道我们就这样坐着干等吗
Well, are we just going to sit here and wait?
他会回来的
He’ll be back.
耐心等待吧
Let’s sit still and hang on, okay?
旧公路有多远?
How far is the old highway?
你不会想要出去吧
You wanna go out there, don’t you?
-找阿伯盖斯特跟那个老太太算账… -是的
– Bust in on Arbogast and the old lady… – Yes.
-或许摇醒她 -是的
– Maybe shake her up. – Yes!
那可不是什么理智的行为
That wouldn’t be a wise thing to do.
在我的家族字典里没有耐心两字
Patience doesn’t run in my family, Sam.
-我要出去 -听着 阿伯盖斯特说过…
– I’m going out there. – Look, Arbogast said…
1个小时左右嘛
An hour, or less.
我走了
Well, I’m going.
你会迷路的
You’ll never find it.
待在这儿
Stay here.
为什么我不可以跟你一起去
Why can’t I go with you?
不知道 我们其中一个得留下
I don’t know. One of us has to be here,
说不定他已经在路上了
In case he’s on the way.
我该做些什么 就这样坐着干等吗
What am I supposed to do, just sit here and wait?
对 待在这儿
Yeah. stay here.
阿伯盖斯特?
Arbogast?