I don’t know.
我不知道,我也只是乱猜的
I don’t know. I’m just guessing.
我喜欢教书
I enjoy teaching.
你可能会有所突破 不可能,我26了
You might come up with something. – It’s not gonna happen. I’m 26.
我走下坡了,记得吧?
Remember the downward slope?
你试过快速丸吗?听说很有用 是啊
Have you tried speed? I heard it helps. – Yeah.
那么…
So…
这是我的房♥间
This is my room.
哇,你有好多数学书藉
Wow. You read a lot of math.
我只看柯梦波丹,那些是摆着好看的
No. I read Cosmo. That’s just window dressing.
凯瑟琳,你真神秘
You’re a mysterious person, Catherine. You know that?
要不要喝一杯?
You want a drink?
不用了
I’m OK.
我们一直没机会庆祝你的生日
We never got to celebrate your birthday.
好吧
OK.
对不起,我有点醉了
I’m sorry. I just… I’m a little drunk.
没关系
It’s OK.
我有点生疏了
I’m a little out of practice.
我一直很喜欢你
I always liked you.
真的? 但我告诉自己:
You did? – But then I thought:
“不可以和指导教授的女儿胡搞”
“You don’t flirt with your doctoral adviser’s daughter.”
尤其是疯教授的女儿?
Especially when your adviser’s crazy?
完全正确
Especially then.
我在我爸的办公室见过你,记得吗?
I saw you at my dad’s office once. Do you remember?
没想到你居然记得
I can’t believe you remember that.
我记得你
I remember you.
我认为你看起来…
I thought that you seemed…
不乏味
not boring.
抱歉
Oh, I’m sorry.
我觉得我要裂开了,像…
Oh, I feel like I’m gonna crack open like…
像什么?
Like what?
鸡蛋
An egg.
或是像那些臭死人的法国乳酪
Or one of those really smelly French cheeses
一切开就汁液横流
that ooze out everywhere when you cut them.
说得好
Nice.
凯瑟琳
Catherine.
你起床多久了?
How long have you been up?
一阵子
A while.
你姐醒了没?
Is your sister up?
还没
No.
她的班机两小时后起飞,我该去叫她起床
Her flight leaves in a couple of hours. I should probably wake her.
让她睡吧,她昨晚和那个理论物理学家
Let her sleep. She did some serious drinking
喝了不少
with the theoretical physicists last night.
她起床后,我再帮她煮点咖啡
I’ll make her some coffee when she gets up.
我星期天常出去买♥♥份报纸,再吃点早餐
Sunday mornings I usually go out, get the paper, have some breakfast.
好
OK.
你要不要一起来?
Do you wanna come?
我最好等克莱儿出门再说
Well, I should probably stick around until Claire leaves.
好
OK.
我留下来你会介意吗?
Do you mind if I stay?
不会
No.
你可以工作
You can work if you want.
好
All right.
我该工作吗? 你想工作的话就可以
Should I? – You can if you want to.
你要我离开吗? 你想离开吗?
Do you want me to go? – Do you wanna go?
我想留下来陪你
I wanna stay here with you. – Oh.
可能的话,我想陪你一整天
Wanna spend the day with you, if at all possible.
我想分分秒秒和你在一起
I wanna spend as much time with you as I can,
除非你被我的咄咄逼人吓到了
unless I’m coming on way too strong and scaring you,
那么我会立即打档倒车
in which case I’ll begin back-pedaling immediately.
若我说昨晚很美妙会很糗吗?
How embarrassing is it if I say last night was wonderful?
若我没有同感你才会糗
It’s only embarrassing if I don’t agree.
所以咧?
So?
你不用觉得糗
Don’t be embarrassed.
怎么了?
What?
给你
Here.
这是我爸办公室书桌抽屉的钥匙
The drawer in the desk in my dad’s office.
抽屉里有什么?
What’s in there?
现在吗?
Now?
早安 小声点
Good morning. – Please, don’t yell. Please.
你还好吧? 不好
Are you all right? – No.
理论物理学家,发生什么事了?
Theoretical physicists. – What happened?
多谢你留我一个人和他们周♥旋♥
Thanks a lot for leaving me alone with them.
那个乐团
That band.
是啊
Yeah.
他们太烂了 还好,他们玩得开心
They were terrible. – They were OK. They had fun, I think.
大家开心就好 你的衣服还不错
Well, as long as everybody had fun. Your dress turned out all right.
我很喜欢 真的?
I love it. – You do?
对,美极了
Yeah. It’s wonderful.
你肯穿我很意外 我爱那件,克莱儿
I was surprised you even wore it. – I love it, Claire.
谢了
Thanks.
不客气,你心情不错嘛
You’re welcome. Well, you’re in a good mood.
不好吗? 你爱说笑,我高兴死了
Should I not be? – Are you kidding? No, I’m thrilled.
只是…我…
It’s just… I…
等等,凯蒂,我只是…
Hold on a second, Katie. I just…
我就要走了… 我知道,你说过了
I’m leaving soon, and… – I know. You said.
我还是很希望你来纽约
I would still like you to come to New York.
我一月一定会去
Yes. January.
我希望你搬到纽约
I would like you to move to New York.
搬过去?
Move?
你可以先跟我们住一阵,再自己找房♥子
You could stay with me and Mitch at first, and then you could get your own place.
我已经帮你相中了几间很棒的公♥寓♥
I’ve already scouted some apartments for you. Really cute places.
我去纽约干嘛?
What would I do in New York?
想干嘛都行,你可以工作或回去念书
You could do whatever you want. You could work. You could go back to school.
这是个很重大的决定
I don’t know, Claire, this is pretty major.
我知道
I realize that.
我知道你是好意
I know you mean well, OK?
老实说,你昨天的话很有道理
Well, to be honest, you were right yesterday.
我这几年压力很大
It’s been a pretty weird couple of years,
我需要一点时间好好思考
and I think I’d just like to take some time and figure things out.
但你在纽约找间公♥寓♥,我会省事得多
But it would be much easier for me to get you set up in an apartment in New York.
我不需要公♥寓♥,我有这栋房♥子
I don’t need an apartment. I’ll stay in the house.
我们要把房♥子卖♥♥掉
We’re selling the house.
什么?
What?
我希望这周能把文件处理好
I’m hoping to do the paperwork this week. I know that seems sudden.
我知道有点突然
没人来看过房♥子,你要卖♥♥给谁?
No one was here looking at the place. Who are you selling it to?
大学,他们几年前就想买♥♥回去了
The university. They’ve wanted it back for years.
我住在这里耶
I live here.
到纽约来,我们一定会很开心的
Come to New York. We’ll have so much fun.
这太扯了,一切都会很顺利的
I don’t believe this. – It would be so good.
你也该改变一下了,这对你是新的冒险
You deserve a change. This would be a whole new adventure for you.
你为什么要这么做? 我想帮你
Why are you doing this? – I want to help.
把我扫地出门是帮我?
By kicking me out of my house?
这也是我的房♥子
This is my house, too. – Please! You haven’t lived here for years.
少来,你好几年没来住过了
我知道不该把爸丢给你,所以现在想帮你
I know that. You were on your own. I really regret that, Katie. And now I want to help.
你现在想帮我?
You wanna help now?
对
Yes.
爸死了
Dad is dead.
我知道他死了
I know. – He’s dead.
他死了你才突然善心大发,想帮我了?
Now that he’s dead, you fly in for the weekend and decide you wanna help?
太迟了,你五年前在哪里?
You’re late. Where have you been? Where were you five years ago?
我在工作,我在这里
I was working. – I was here.
我一个人跟他住在一起
I lived with him alone.
我一天工作14个小时
I was working 14-hour days.
住布鲁克林的烂房♥子,省吃俭用,付清贷款
I paid off the mortgage on this house while living in a studio apartment in Brooklyn.
你有自己的人生,可以念完书
You had a life. You got to finish school.
你也可以念完啊 怎么念?
You could’ve finished school. – How?
我不是一直叫你去做你想做的事吗?
I told you a million times to do anything you wanted.
爸怎么办? 他病了
And what about Dad? – He was ill.
他应该由专人全天候照顾