“我现在永远不会比未来冷”
“I will never be as cold now as I will in the future.
“未来的寒冷是无限大”
“The future of cold is infinite.
“炎热的未来,就是寒冷的未来”
“The future of heat is the future of cold.
“书店趋近于无限大”
“The bookstores are infinite
“所以除了九月,永远不会有装满的一天”
“and so are never full except in September.”
我累坏了
I’m exhausted.
我好想喝家里的咖啡
I can’t wait to get back to the coffee at home.
我们买♥♥的咖啡豆,是店家自己烘焙的
We have a place where we buy coffee. They roast it themselves.
是地下室的老烘焙机,在街上就闻得到
They have an old roaster down in the basement. You can smell it on the street.
有时我们在四楼都闻得到,超棒的
Some mornings you can smell it from our place, four stories up. It’s wonderful.
有本杂♥志♥说他们的咖啡是“曼哈顿第一”
“Manhattan’s Best.” Some magazine wrote it up.
天晓得
I mean, who knows?
不过真的很赞
But it’s very good.
我要戒咖啡了,对神经不好
I think…
I’m actually gonna give up coffee ’cause it’s bad for my nerves.
凯瑟琳
Catherine.
凯瑟琳!
Catherine!
到底我昏沉了多少日子?
How many days have I lost?
我该如何找回自己的初衷呢?
How can I get back to the place where I started?
站在这熟悉又陌生的屋外,我却找不到入口
I’m outside a house. Trying to find my way in.
门锁上了,帘子也低垂着
But it is locked and the blinds are down.
钥匙我找不到
And I’ve lost the key.
丝毫无法想起里面的房♥间是什么样
And I can’t remember what the rooms look like or where I put anything.
摆设又是如何
我担心,要是进去之后
And if I dare go in inside. I wonder…
我能够再找得到出路吗?
will I ever be able to find my way out?
有时我觉得,那些算式应该没问题…
Sometimes in my head I think it works, and then…
有时又觉得疯狂至极
Sometimes I just think it’s… crazy.
你很正常
There’s nothing wrong with you.
我很像我爸
I think I’m like my dad.
我有同感
I think you are, too.
我好怕会像他一样
I’m afraid I’m like my dad.
你不是他 也许我会变成那样
You are not him. – Maybe I will be.
也许,但也许你会比他好
Maybe, and maybe you’ll be better.
这很像…
It was like…
在玩连连看
connecting the dots.
有些晚上,可以一口气连三、四个
Some nights I could connect three or four of them,
有时却半个也连不上
and some nights they’d be really far apart.
怎么也找不到下一个点在哪里
I’d have no idea how to get to the next one, if there was the next one.
我的证明庞杂冗长
It just seems really stitched together and lumpy.
爸的东西都简洁优雅
Dad’s stuff was way more elegant.
讲一遍给我听,告诉我你为何心烦
Talk me through it and tell me what’s bothering you.
杜斯,别以为我这么快就原谅你了
You got a bit of ground to make up, Dobbs.
你知道吗?
You know that?
而且没有办法证明那是我写的
And there’s no way to prove that I wrote it.
没错,但我们可以坐下来
No. But we could sit down,
反复推敲,有没有可能不是你写的
we could talk it through and determine if you couldn’t have.
若我回到开头,可以从头来过
If I go back to the beginning. I could start it over again.
这里
Here.
我可以逐行思考
I could go line by line.
找个更快的方法
Try and find a shorter way.
这里有很多方法…
There are a lot of…
我可以试着做得…
I could try to make it…
更好
better.