还有多久?
How long until…
16小时
16 hours.
律师有什么进展?
Are his lawyers making any progress?
还有机会吗? 没有
Is there still a chance with that? No.
只有一个人能终止行刑
There’s only one person who can really stop this execution.
我要见我哥哥
I need to see my brother.
只是聊聊 5分钟就行
Just to talk.For five minutes.
好 好的 我试试看
Yeah. Yeah. I’ll try.
嗯…
OK…
很抱歉
I’m sorry.
他说你只能等到待临终告别时才能见
I’m told that you have to wait until final visitation.
你会向你父亲求情吗? 为了我?
Would you talk to your father for me
求你
please?
相信我 我父亲知道我对死刑的立场
Believe me my father knows where I stand on the death penalty
我很清楚地表示过
nd I’m just as clear on his…
莎拉…对不起 唐克雷蒂医生
Sara… Dr. Tancredi I’m sorry.
这不是关于死刑的道德争论
This isn’t about the morality of the death penalty.
这是
This is…
是杀死一个无辜的人
This is about killing an innocent man
我哥哥
my brother
我相信你父亲能帮我
and surely your father can’t be in favor of that.
让他和林肯的律师谈谈
Just talk to Lincoln’s attorneys
就一个小时
just for an hour
我发誓他会相信的
and I swear to God you’ll be convinced of his innocence.
迈克尔
Michael
如果我能改变现状
I would pick up the phone right now if I thought
我会毫不迟疑地拿起电♥话♥
there was any chance that I could make a difference
你要明白
but you have to understand
我所做的一切他都不喜欢
I’m the last person in the world that my father listens to
他讨厌我的工作 讨厌我的信念
He hates what I do he hates what I believe in.
我向他请求特赦你哥哥
And if I’m the one asking for clemency for your brother
不可能成功
your brother won’t get it.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
如果特伦斯·斯蒂德曼还活着
Look if Terrence Steadman is still alive then it
埋在墓里的就不可能是他
can’t be Terrence Steadman buried in the ground.
我总不能或一个告密者声称斯蒂德曼还活着 我们就应该…
Yeah but a secret informant claims that Steadman is still alive?
在我看来 尼克 这很牵强
I don’t know Nick.It all sounds pretty far-fetched.
你是法官的文书 帮我们加进诉讼事件表就好了
You’re his clerk just get us on the docket.
你这是要断送他的政♥治♥前途
Nick you’re asking him to commit political suicide
这可是伊利诺伊最恶劣的死刑犯
by granting a stay of execution to Illinois’ most notorious death row inmate
我们只要求开棺许可
Officially all we’re asking is for an exhumation order.
如果他批准的话 他可以让死刑拖延一下直到验尸有个结果!
If he grants it he can order a stay until the tests come in.
开棺许可?
An exhumation order?
这下更好 去挖副总统弟弟的坟
Oh well that’s better. Digging up the Vice President’s brother.
没门
No way.
不不 我们过去关系不错
Lyle Lyle look we took Intro to Civ Pro together remember?
我们住在纽约的破公♥寓♥ 为了执照日夜不分的研究案例
We studied for the Bar day and night in that crappy little apartment of yours
发誓要改变世界
talking about how we were going to make a difference.
尼克 你提出的动议11小时内有效
Nick you filed an 11th-hour motion
柯尔斯法官下午的时间是满的
and Judge Kessler’s docket is full this afternoon.
得了莱尔 我知道法庭听你安排
Come on Lyle everyone knows you run that courtroom.
不能稍微调整一下?
You can’t adjust things around a bit?
告密者昨天被杀了 我在场
The informant that was killed yesterday I was there.
我敢说 这些人为了陷害林肯可以不择手段
I know firsthand these people will do whatever they can to frame Lincoln for Steadman’s murder.
我们只要求能陈述我们发现的疑点
All we’re asking is to be heard.
下午我给你们15分钟
I’ll give you 15 minutes this afternoon that’s it.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢 别客气
Thank you. Yeah you’re welcome.
他还不知道发生了什么
He doesn’t even know what happened.
他知道你尽力了
He knows you tried
你这么认为?
Do you think so?
他是你哥哥 他了解你
He’s your brother. He knows you.
所以…是的
So yes.
我答应过他 救他出去
I promised I would get him out of here
你向很多人保证过 帅哥
You promised a lot of people pretty.
走开点 好吧?
Enough man all right
不关你事 小子
This don’t concern you boy.
你让别人的希望落空了
You don’t get a man’s hopes up like that and then just…
滚开 否则我揍扁你这变♥态♥的
Back up or I’ll beat your skinny ass into the ground.
一点也不难
And it wouldn’t take much to do it.
好了各位 放风结束 回牢房♥里去
All right ladies rec time is over. Back on the block!
你欠我一张出去的票 帅哥
You owe me a ticket out of here pretty.
我会来收的
And I will collect.
对你哥哥的事我很遗憾
I’m really sorry about your brother.
谢谢
Thanks.
我知道你也指望这次 所以…
Look I know you were counting on this so…
我的问题留给我自己担心吧
Let me worry about my problems.
你承担的已经够多了
‘Cause I know you’ve got enough on your mind right now.
可更糟糕的是 就我所知的这些年来
For what it’s worth over the years
那些即将面对电椅的人
I’ve known a few men who’ve sat on that chair
随着日子的临近 都深受折磨 所做的只是祈祷那一天快些到来
and as the day gets near all you can really do is pray it goes quick.
大概10年前 有个人
Once about 10 years ago
没能电死 因为保险丝熔断了
there was a man caught a few sparks not enough to do the job.
要等3个星期 重新制定程序
Had to wait another three weeks while they reset the whole process.
听起来很不可思议
And it may sound crazy
他说这是他生命中最难受的3个星期
but he said it was the worst three weeks of his life
折磨他的不是电流 是等待
because it’s not the lightning that kills you it’s the wait.
静下心来 让你哥哥的等待早日结束吧
So take solace in the fact that your brother’s wait is over.
这么说 如果电椅出问题
So if something happens to the chair
他的死刑要延迟三个星期
he’s got three more weeks?
杀死一个人需要很多手续
There’s a lot of protocol in killing a man.
新的死刑令 一份死亡通知书
A new death warrant another medical clearance.
三个星期可以发生很多事情
A lot can happen in three weeks.
聊什么呢?
Yo what scrapes yo?
谢谢
Thanks.
在谈什么?没什么
What y’all talking about?Nothing.
跟紧 走 跟紧
Keep it together.Go keep it together!
我要进去
I’m going in.
现在可是大白天
It’s daytime.
好吧 我会挡着的
I’ll hang a sheet.
有什么要问的? 关于…
Do you have any questions about…
今晚会发生什么?
what’s gonna happen tonight?
要吃饭 还要走走
When I get to eat when I’m supposed to walk
还要坐上去试试松紧
how it’s gonna feel when they tighten the belts.
你觉得这有用么?
Any of that gonna help come midnight?
有些事最好有点思想准备
Some feel it’s best to be prepared.
迈克尔怎么样?
How’s Michael?
着急的想见你
He’s anxious to see you.
但是他们不允许 只能等最后探访
Unfortunately we’ve been told that that’s not possible until final visitation.
你以前经历过这些吗?
You’ve been through this before?
从来没有
No.
只是医生必须在场的 所以…
Just so you know a doctor needs to be present so
我想我整晚都在这里
for what it’s worth I’ll be there tonight.
-能求你点事吗? -当然 什么事?
-Can I ask a favor? -Yeah. What?
我死了以后 你…
When I’m gone can you
你能帮我照顾我弟弟吗?
look out for my brother?
你进里面去干什么?
What were you doing back there?
这样还不错吧?
So you like doing that too?
把薯条蘸进去 当然喜欢
Dipping a fry in the shake? Hells yeah
不错 不错
Good times. Good times.
那么…里面有什么情况?
So what’s going on out there?
没什么 我自己尽量少惹麻烦就行了
Nothing you know just staying out of trouble.
我是说有没有什么内部消息
I meant in terms of any office gossip you might have for me.
倒是有个傻子想偷东西 我帮你留意
Yo check it.This one fool has been trying to cop a joint.So I’ll keep ear-hustling for that.
你本应该盯着斯科菲尔德 然后把消息反馈给我
We had an agreement. You were supposed to bird-dog Scofield and get back to me.
我一直都是这么做的 伙计 我很努力了相信我 我什么都没得到
I been trying man I’ve been working the corners. Trust me. I ain’t got nothing.
我看到你在院子里跟他和那个糟老头谈话
I seen you talking to him in the yard him and the geezer.
我是跟他说了话 但他什么也没跟我说啊
Yeah I talked to Scofield but he ain’t told me nothing.
这些汉堡和薯条要100块
Then it’s 100 bucks for the burger and fries.
头 你知道我没钱
Boss you know I ain’t got no money.