My ex-friend Kip.
明白了
Ah. I see.
在我认出他之前
And even before I realize who it is,
他看见我们俩在一块已经狂怒了
he’s already furious at seeing us together…
然后一拳打在我脸上
And he punches me in the face.
哎呀
Oh.
-他还挠你了 -是的
-He nailed you. -Yeah.
她就开始朝他哭喊
So she starts yelling at him and crying,
告诉他她很抱歉
telling him how sorry she is,
我只能坐在那里 捂着我的脸
and I’m just sitting there, you know, holding my face.
然后他们就离开了 她太激动了
And then they leave, and she’s completely hysterical,
都没和我打招呼就跟着基普走了
but she leaves with Kip and doesn’t say good-bye.
你也知道 他气死了
You know, and he’s pissed.
他吓坏了 他就不该喝酒的
I mean, he’s freaking out. He really shouldn’t drink.
-是吗 -是的
-Really? -Yeah.
你知道吗
You know?
他一喝酒就完全成了混♥蛋♥
He’s a complete jerk when he drinks.
他们走了之后
So, with them gone,
我就想着看看能不能
you know, I figure I’ll just see if I can hook up
和那个小粗腿玩玩 不过
with the one with the fat little legs, but…
她正和一个我都不认识的男人
you know, she’s French-kissing on the floor with somebody
在地上 法式热吻呢
that… I don’t even know.
昨天就是周日 没有派对
Then yesterday was Sunday, so no parties
也没机会泡妞 因为大家都去做礼拜了
and no chance of getting puss because everyone’s at church.
别担心
Don’t worry about it.
还有很多周末呢
You know, there’s plenty of other weekends.
是呀
Yeah.
看来美琪·约翰逊没搞清自己喜欢谁
Maggie Johnston sounds a little bit confused.
你不该让这些姑娘搅浑你的脑子
You shouldn’t let these girls mess with your head.
我也知道
Yeah, I know.
不过我对下个周末还是很乐观的
I’m pretty optimistic about next weekend, though.
-是吗 -是的
-Oh, yeah? -Yeah.
我要去这个地方的美女盛会
I’m going to this regional beauty pageant.
有点像美国小姐 不过
It’s like Miss America, but…
离美国小姐还有差距 就是那种选美会
way before Miss America, but that kind of thing, you know.
那些姑娘 都想成为美国小姐
It’s, like, for girls who… might want to be Miss America
或者可能是未来的美国小姐
and might be Miss America later.
哇
Oh, whoa.
你觉得这是个好机会
Feeling pretty good about your chances?
是呀 对这种事我
Yeah. I’ve got, like,
还是有百分之80到90的成功几率
an 80 to 90% success rate at these things.
许多女人在这种竞争激烈的活动中
A lot of the women get their hormones in a tizzy
会感到兴奋 分泌荷尔蒙
at competitive events and…
一旦有机会
when you get a…
好吧 对我来说失败者也是成功者
Well, then, even the losers are like winners to me.
确实很不错
It’s really cool.
孩子 你自己真的认为
Boy, somehow, in your mind, you truly do
你是个绅士 不是吗
perceive yourself as a gentleman, don’t you?
什么
Huh?
没什么
确定你不想吃点热腾腾的鱼吗
Sure you don’t want any hot fish?
不吃
Naw.
胃有点不舒服
My stomach feels funny.
我觉得我周末的宿醉还没完全好
Think I’m still hungover from the weekend.
吃了解酸剂吗
Did you take an antacid?
吃了
Ahem. Yeah.
还好吗
Is everything okay?
当然
Yeah.
但我确实觉得不该来这里
Really don’t feel like being out here right now.
无意冒犯 但是
And I don’t mean to be rude, but…
我喜欢社交场合
I don’t feel like socializations.
知道吗
You know what?
干嘛不拿着我的渔具 出去
Why don’t you take my rod and reel, go out,
试试看能不能钓到什么鱼
see if you can’t catch us a couple of fish?
不要
Naw.
没事 去吧 这样你感觉好点
No, do it. You’ll feel better.
我保证 有益于净化心灵
I promise, it’s good for the soul.
-不要 -去吧
-Nah. -Do it.
你可以用我的鱼竿 线轴 渔网
You can borrow my rod, my reel, my net.
还有我的胶鞋 我的短裤
You can borrow my waders, borrow my swim trunks.
-真的吗 -真的
-Oh, really? -Yeah.
好吧
Okay.
这是什么
What’s this?
哦 忘记了 你的邮件
Oh, I forgot. That’s your mail.
曼迪逊寄来的
You got a letter from Madison.
-什么 -嗯 我放在你包里了
-What? -Yeah, I put it in your bag.
怎么 不要鱼竿啦
Aren’t you gonna take the rod?
不了 这就行了
No, that’s okay.
啊 噢
Aah! Oh!
阿尔文
Alvin?
阿尔文
Alvin!
阿尔文
Alvin?
阿尔文 我们分手吧
嘿 哥们
Hey, buddy.
嘿
Hey.
很高兴你还在这里
Glad to see you’re still here.
我一直想着你们呢
I’ve been thinking about you guys.
真棒 再见你真高兴
Cool. Good to see you.
破卡车坏了
Damn truck broke down.
老天可真长眼
Hallelujah done quit on me.
今天真倒霉
It’s a bad day.
让个座吧
Get out of here.
-给你 -谢谢
-Here you go. -Oh, thanks.
嗯 你知道自己在这里画过多少线了吗
Well, any idea how many lines you painted down there?
呃 没数过
Uh. I have no idea.
你把所有的沥青路面都画过来了
You covered the whole asphalt section
直到石子路才结束
till the gravel begins.
那有8.2英里
That’s 8.2 miles.
每条线间隔四米六
And that’s an average of 4.6 meters between each line
长度是五米
and about 5 meters long on each line.
那么一共是多少呢
Now, how much that make?
不知道
I have no idea.
你竟然不知道
You mean you don’t know?
嗯 稍等
Well, hold on.
你刚才说多少英里
How many miles did you say?
八点二
8.2.
八点二
8.2…
除以4.6
divided by 4.6.
你说一英里等于一千米
You said there’s 1,000 meters in a mile.
还是 不 不 一千英尺才对
Or, no, no. 1,000… 1,000 feet in a meter.
那就是854.888
I have 854.888.
真了不起
That’s amazing.
我算出来是855 真了不起
And I calculate 855. That’s amazing!
干了 真不赖
Drink up! That is real good.
那位女士要去哪里
So, where was that lady going?
什么女士
What lady?
刚刚从你卡车里下来的那位女士啊
The lady that got out of your truck a second ago.
呃 听我说 朋友
Well, now, look here, buddy,
要是我卡车里有个女士
if there’d have been a lady in my truck,
我才不会让她离开呢
I’d hold on tight. I wouldn’t let her go.
我车上没什么女士
No lady in my truck.
-嗯 -怎么了
-Mmm. -What’s up?
你朋友呢
Where’s your friend?
他刚刚收到女朋友一封信
He sort of got a letter from his girlfriend.
他被甩了
She dumped him.
哦 天呐
Oh, man.
为什么
Why?
她其实
She’s actually…
她其实是我姐姐
She’s actually my sister.
-你姐姐是他女朋友 -对
-Your sister’s his girlfriend? -Yeah.
准确说是前女友了
Probably ex-girlfriend now.
你算是什么朋友啊