1987年 在德克萨斯州中部
43000英亩的森林被野火烧尽
约有1600户人家被烧毁
4人死亡 火灾原因未明
1988年
雪崩王子
很高兴
To see you.
很高兴
To see you.
很高兴
To see you.
又见面了
To see you again.
很高兴又见面了
Nice to see you again.
很高兴又见面了
It’s nice to see you again.

Hey!
你在干什么
What are you doing?
我都快睡着了
I was falling asleep.
我觉得是时候改改这种情况了
I thought it would be a good idea to change the station situation.
这主意可不好 我正听着磁带呢
It wasn’t. I was listening to that.
我知道 但是对我来说太无聊了
I know, but it’s boring for the rest of us.
上着班我都快睡着了
I was falling asleep doing work.
那又怎么样
So what?
那 我就想换盘磁带
So… I want to play this tape.
我想放这盘磁带 提高下积极性 打打气
I want to play this tape to get motivated and pumped up…
我知道你想听那盘磁带 但是听好了
I know, I know, I know you want to play that tape, but look.
知道不 兰斯 我不是来和你打架的
You know what, Lance? I’m not here to start a fight.
我可不想跟你打架
That’s not what I want to do,
但是我得听语言学习磁带
but I need to listen to my language tapes
熟练掌握 然后才能发挥最强实力
in order to become proficient and perform to the best of my abilities.
那么 时间均等的协议呢
What about… what about the equal time agreement?
那个协议不适用于教育和学习
That doesn’t apply to studies and education.
什么意思
What do you mean?
手提式录音机的时间均等协议
The equal time boom box agreement
不适用于这种情况 明白
doesn’t apply in this case, all right?
-那仅供娱乐 -不是吧
-That’s just for recreation. -Oh, come on!
嘿 别把我惹毛了 知道吗
Hey! Don’t push my buttons, all right?
你可不是老板
You are not the boss here.
我才是老板 是我雇了你
I’m the boss. I hired you.
我们这会还有很多活要干呢
Now, we have a lot of work to do.
我们是可以坐下来争论语言和音乐
We could sit here arguing about language and music,
或者其他东西 但是我们确实有很多活要做
and blah-de-de-blah, but we got a lot of work to do,
还有很多单黄线要漆呢
we got a lot of lines to paint,
这可是条很长的马路
and it’s a very long road.
我建议你赶紧发动机器开始干活吧
I suggest you start the machine and keep it going.
-好吧 -好
-Okay. -Yeah.
-阿尔文 -什么事
-Alvin. -Yeah?
你的工具腰带滑到后面去了
You have your tool belt on backwards.
享受片刻的宁静吧
Let’s just enjoy the silence.
亲爱的曼迪逊
Dear Madison,
多谢你诗意浓浓的来信
Thank you for your poetic letter.
这里实在没有什么事可做
There’s so little to do out here.
我起码读了一百多遍了
I must have read it a hundred times.
待在这里让我能更清晰地看待事情
Being out here helps me see things more clearly.
时而天堂 时而地狱
Sometimes it’s heaven, sometimes it’s hell,
不过在卡兰德上了那么多夜班之后
but out-of-doors physical labor is just what I need
户外的体力劳动正是我所需要的
after those endless night shifts in Garland,
对我们解决春天的矛盾有所帮助
which certainly contributed to our troubles during the spring.
我感觉好多了 但还是很想念你和奥利弗
I do feel much better, although I miss you and Olive.
我说不好有没有想念城市生活
I can’t say I miss city life.
我开始觉得我成了那些
I was beginning to feel like I was
一头扎在大山里的人
one of those heads carved into the mountains
就像在达科他州的美国总统一样
of those presidents of the United States in the Dakotas,
孤独地待在无话可说的人群里
lonely among all those people I couldn’t talk to.
而对于你弟弟来说
As for your brother,
除了怀念庞大而活跃的夜生活
the countryside isn’t teaching him anything
乡村生活并没有教会他其他东西
other than how much he misses the big, active nightlife.
我觉得你和你的家人除了他的职业以外
I think that you and the family need to think of something else
需要考虑些其他东西
as far as his occupation.
他太现实了 终将一事无成
He, quite realistically, could never amount to anything.
怎么能到了他这个年纪 还不知道怎么杀鱼
How can you be his age and not know how to gut a fish
搭帐篷或者打结
or build a tent or tie a knot?
有时候我都怀疑他是不是有学习障碍
Sometimes I wonder if he is learning-disabled
或者有重疾
or has a bad disease,
并不是我不喜欢他
not that I dislike him or anything.
他人还不错
He’s totally fine.
-阿尔文 我看完了 -是吗
-Alvin, I’m finished. -Hmm?
看完这本了 能换一本吗
I’m done with this one. Could I have another one?
-可以 把那本放回去吧 -好的
-Yeah, well, put that one back. -Okay.
等等 你没
Wait, you didn’t do…
你没在上面写字吧 是不是
you didn’t write in it, did you?
写了啊 我做了填字迷
Yeah. I worked the puzzle.
别 别这样
Oh, no… don’t do that.
别在上面写字
Don’t do that, please.
这本书是用来收藏的 是古董呢
That’s a collector’s item. It’s an antique.
很罕有的 明白吗
It’s rare. Do you understand?
我希望你能好好对待我的东西 尊重它们
I’m out here to have my things treated well, with respect.
明白了 放心
I get it. I get it, yeah.
真的明白了
Do you really?
-是的 -你在听吗 在听我说话吗
-Yeah. -You hearing? You are hearing me?
-是的 听到了 -你在听我说话吗
-Yes, yes. I get it. -Are you hearing me?
-听着呢 -你都怎么听的
-Yes. -What are you hearing me with?
用耳朵听
My ears.
不 我希望你不只是用耳朵听
No. I don’t want you to just hear me with your ears.
我希望你全身心地听
I want you to hear the whole thing.
好的
Okay.
周末快到了
The weekend is coming,
我想一个人安静一会
and I’m thinking of spending some quiet time alone.
而你的兄弟
Your brother, on the other hand,
已经迫不及待想回到大城市
can’t wait to get back to the big city
用他的话说 解放一下他的小♥弟♥弟♥
and get the little man squeezed, as he puts it.
对我来说 我一直为了我们秋天的德国之旅
As for me, I’ve been studying tons
在努力学习
for our German journey in the fall.
你说得对 如果不会说德语
You’re right. If I don’t speak the language,
我们就没法适应当地人的生活
we’ll never adapt to life with the natives.
另外 对我来说在卡兰德是没有前途的
Besides, there’s no future for me in Garland,
对我们的小家庭来说这种新生活会很好
and this new life can only be good for our little family.
爱你的 阿尔文
Yours, Alvin.
另外
P.S.
真爱就像幽灵
每个人都会说起真爱
却极少有人见过
阿尔文
Alvin.
阿尔文
Alvin.
怎么了
What?
没事
Never mind.

Hey!

Hey!
你们在这该死的路中间干嘛
What are you doing in the middle of the goddamn road?
我们在修整马路
We’re working on the road crew.
漆单黄线呢
The stripe crew.
好吧 该修了
Well, it’s about time.
我经常载着很重的货物
I’m going up and down this road
经过这里 这条路可不好走
with a heavy load trying to get through the pass.
他们终于把卵石都移走了
They finally moved all the boulders.
是呀 太乱了
Yeah, it got all messed up.
说的对
Yeah, you got that right.
嘿 你们俩有时间喝一杯吗
Hey, you guys got time for a drink?
嗨 给你们
Heh heh! There you go.
哈哈 拿着
Ha ha ha! Here.
-拿着吧 -谢谢
-Take that. -Thank you.
我来给你们打开吧
Yeah, let me take them tops off for you.
哈哈
Heh heh!
干杯
Cheers.
嘿 等等 我忘了最重要的步骤
Hey, wait a minute. I forgot the most important part.
添点情趣怎么样
How about we spice it up a little?
你们觉得呢
What do you think?
倒掉一点

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!