And your father?
没有 没有 他不是个好人
No. No. No. He was not a nice man.
-你寻求过治疗吗 -我什么
– Did you seek treatment? – Did I what?
你去看过医生吗
Did you see a doctor for them?
没 没有
No. No.
在克里克赛德 除非你腿断了
You don’t go see a doctor in Creekside
否则不会去看医生
unless your leg’s broke.
-我可以跟你谈谈吗 -谈吧
– Hey. Can I talk to you? – Talk.
不好意思 我一会儿就送她回来
Excuse us. I’ll bring her right back.
岂有此理 我是什么
How dare you. What am I?
我是你可以随意摆布的棋子吗
I’m some kind of chess piece you can just move around?
我正在吃午饭
I was in the middle of my lunch.
我们什么时候可以拿到所有开示材料
When are we getting all the discovery?
你想干什么 马丁
What do you want, Marty?
我想知道我们什么时候可以拿到所有开示材料
I want to know when we’re getting all the discovery.
-我要提出动议 -才不是呢
– I’ve got motions to file. – No, you don’t.
你想谈协议
You’re looking to make a deal.
我无权谈协议
I have no authority to deal.
我还没跟当事人讨论过
I haven’t discussed this with my client.
你的理由呢
What’s your excuse?
如果我觉得有必要谈协议
Well, if I thought we needed to make a deal,
我可以全权处理
I have all the authority I want.
放屁 肖尼西想掌控大局
Bullshit! Shaughnessy wants the whole shot on this,
他在利用你达到目的
and he’s using you to get it.
谁在你这个位子上都会提出
Anybody in your position would deal this down
承认谋杀 免除死刑的提议
to murder with no death penalty.
我这个位子 我们这个是铁案
My position? We have a fucking great case.
铁案
Great case?
没有前科 没有目击证人
Lack of prior record, no eyewitness,
没有口供 没有动机
no confession, no motive.
证据确凿
Hard evidence.
我猜这次谈话表明
I assume this conversation means
你不会用精神疾病来辩护了吧
you’re not going with insanity,
真是可惜
which is a shame.
我的心理医生本来可以让他万分难堪
My shrinks would have torn him apart.
对了 你援引第五修正案真的太聪明了
By the way, your pleading the Fifth on the charges was brilliant.
-很不错 对吧 -对
– It was good, wasn’t it? – Yeah.
我很得意
I liked it.
败诉了吃亏的是你 不是肖尼西
You lose this case, you take the fall, not Shaughnessy.
-跟我谈谈吧 -我们要上法庭 马丁
– Talk to me. – We’re going to trial, Marty.
好吧 只需要一个人
All right, all it takes is one,
只需要一个陪审员不相信是他干的
just one juror that doesn’t believe he did it.
一个跟他年龄相仿的陪审员 看到那样一张脸
One juror, with a kid his age, looks into that face…
我不得不说 那张脸太棒了
I’ve got to admit, that face is great.
你教他怎么出庭作证了吗
Are you prepping him to take the stand?
那结巴的样子 太太太难能可贵了
That stutter, it’s priceless.
马丁 别告诉我你觉得不是他干的
Marty, don’t tell me you think he didn’t do it.
怎么 小艾伦·斯坦普勒打动你了吗
What, has little Aaron Stampler gotten to you?
这不仅仅是坐牢的问题
We’re not just talking about jail here.
而是要结束一个人的生命
It’s about ending someone’s life.
如果你们弄错了 肖尼西又逼着你这么做
If you’re wrong and Shaughnessy’s made you do this,
-你这辈子还能心安吗 -我能凑合
– you gonna be able to live with it? – I’ll live.
法庭见吧
See you in court.
法官阁下 我们双方对谋杀案本身已有共识
Your Honor, we stipulate that murder was done here.
因此这些照片没有作为证据展示的价值了
Therefore, these photographs have no remaining probative value.
这不仅仅是谋杀
This is not just murder.
而且是虐杀和毁尸
This is a case of mutilation and torture.
检方想要向陪审团
The only reason the prosecution
展示这些血腥照片唯一的目的就在于
wants to show these gory pictures to the jury
-耸人听闻 -不是这样的 法官阁下
– is shock appeal. – That is not true, Your Honor.
-它们完全应该被排除 -照片清楚显示出
– They should be excluded, absolutely. – They clearly identify
这案子极其令人发指
the heinous nature of the crime,
而且它们能够将
and they connect the defendant,
当时满身是血的被告跟犯罪现场联♥系♥起来
who was found covered in blood, to the crime scene.
-偏见性证据 -我不认为
– Prejudicial. – I beg to differ.
-我管你怎么认为 -律师们 安静
– Beg all you want. I don’t… – Counsel, please.
照片将列为证据 韦尔先生
The photographs are in, Mr. Vail.
现在需不需要休庭一会儿
Now, would you two like a recess
让你们在私下继续吵
so you can carry on this discussion in private?
对不起 法官阁下 但他太过分了
I’m sorry, Your Honor, but this is too much.
接下来 他肯定又要反对
Next thing you know, he’ll be objecting
我们呈上谋杀所用的武器
if we want to bring in the murder weapon.
好吧 既然她提到这个了
Well, now that she brings it up…
这里是公共场所
This is a public building.
不好意思 韦尔先生
Excuse me, Mr. Vail.
您可以给我签个名吗
Would you sign this for me?
说说琳达吧 韦尔先生说她是你女朋友
Tell me about Linda. Mr. Vail said she was your girlfriend.
对 对 她是
Yes. Yes, she was.
你们怎么认识的
How’d you meet?
我们以前都在救主之家 我是辅祭童
Well, we was both at the Savior House. I was an altar boy,
她给拉什曼主教干活
and she was doing work for Bishop Rushman.
-你们关系怎么样 -我和琳达吗
– What was the relationship like? – Me and Linda?
她很有学问 有学问又聪明
She’s real cultural. Real cultural and very smart.
我们在一起很开心
We had a nice time together.
我们可能会结婚
We might get married.
你们上♥床♥了吗
Were you sleeping together?
-这是个人隐私 -我知道 但我还是得问
– Well, that’s private. – I know. I have to ask the question.
你们发生性关系了吗 艾伦
Were you having a sexual relationship, Aaron?
有 我们有过
Yeah, yes, yes, we were.
当时你还跟其他人上♥床♥吗
Were you sleeping with anyone else at the time?
-没有 -她呢
– No. – Was she?
她来看过你吗 艾伦
Has she been to see you, Aaron?
-没有 不过 -这让你难过
– Well, well, no, but… – And that upsets you.
不是 其实她走了
No. No. Thing is, she went away.
她走了一段时间了
She went away for a while.
在这事发生前她就离开了 我觉得…
She left before this happened. I don’t even think…
我觉得她不知道这件事
Don’t even think she knows about it.
-老板 -嗨
– Yo, boss. – Hey.
-有没有查到什么 -有
– You got something for me? – Yeah.
在市区分馆查不到
There’s nothing cataloged at the downtown branch
编号♥B32156的文件
under the numbers B32156.
但我觉得这个B可能不是B 我觉得是8
But I don’t think the “B” Is a “B.” I think it’s an eight.
刻的时候刀歪了 应该是832156
I think the knife slipped. 832156.
“托马斯·杰斐逊” 我觉得不是他干的
“Thomas Jefferson”? I don’t think he did it.
好吧 你看到这个可能就没那么高兴了
All right. Well, you’re not gonna be much happier with this.
主教的慈善项目
A list of the Archbishop’s charities
和他的基金会投资项目清单
and his foundation’s investments.
除了数量特别多 也没什么蹊跷
Nothing startling here, except for how many there are.
等一下 这是什么
Wait a minute here. What’s this?
拉什曼基金会投资项目
他怎么会牵扯到南河区的交易 打开看看
What was he doing with the South River deal? Pull that up.
南河区发展公♥司♥
投资者都有谁
Who are the investors?
主要投资人
约翰·肖尼西
肖尼西
Shaughnessy?
那是乔伊·皮内罗的社区
That’s Joey Pinero’s neighborhood.
看这个地块 这里以前全是房♥子
See this lot here? This all used to be houses.
事实上 那边街角有一栋房♥子
In fact, there was a house over there on the corner
我在那吻了我的初恋女友 还让她怀孕了
where I kissed my first girlfriend. Got her pregnant, too.
-吻得挺厉害嘛 乔伊 -是啊
– Hell of a kiss, Joey. – Oh, yeah.
总之 如果那些家伙得逞的话
Anyway, this whole neighborhood’s
这整个社区都会
gonna end up high-rent condos
变成租金高昂的公♥寓♥
if those guys get their way.
所以我要用你达成庭外和解的钱
That’s why I’m gonna buy back the lot
买♥♥回这个地块
with the settlement you got me.
-你听说了吧 -嗯
– You heard about that, right? – Yeah.
-那一大笔钱 -谁不知道呢
– The money? – Who hasn’t?
-马丁是最棒的 -做好本职工作罢了
– Marty’s the best, man. – Just doing my job.
可不嘛 一百五十万 只是本职工作
Yeah. A million fucking five, he’s just doing his job.
议员 乔伊告诉我有警♥察♥来过
Alderman, Joey tells me a cop came around,
想要他指控你
wanted him to set you up.
这很典型