The only pressure is to find the truth.
他手上还沾着大主教的鲜血
…with the Archbishop’s blood on him.
你又和警♥察♥交流了是吧
You’ve been talking to the police again, haven’t you?
我都说了别这样
I told you not to.
和以往一样 他们什么都搞错了
As usual, they get everything wrong.
得了吧 那你要怎么解释
Come on. How’re you gonna explain
他身上穿着带血的衣服
the fact that he had blood-soaked clothing on him?
-我们都亲眼所见 -到了这关头
– We all saw that. – At this juncture,
我不会解释这一问题
I’m not going to explain it at all.
我不久前才接手这个案子
I’ve only recently been retained in this case.
现在重要线索还有争议
Significant facts are in dispute here
而且未来也持续会有很多争议
and continue to be in dispute.
马丁 你最擅长将真正的犯人绳之于法
Marty, you’re a master at putting the victim on trial
以帮自己的当事人脱罪
to help your own client.
在这个案子中将非常困难
That’s going to be very difficult in this case.
本案的受害人之一就是我的当事人
A victim in this case is my client.
我们有两个受害人 没有嫌犯 谢谢大家
We have two victims here, no suspects. Thank you very much.
马丁 你担心他的安全吗
Are you worried about his safety, Marty?
并不 谢谢
No. Thank you.
这案子毫无疑点
It’s not a case.
我觉得判决肯定毫无疑问
I don’t think there’ll be any question about the verdict.
全体起立
All rise.
下午好 女士们先生们
Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen.
-法警 -州法♥院♥起诉艾伦·斯坦普勒
– Bailiff? – State v. Aaron Stampler.
所有人都到了吗 坐吧 都到了吗
Is everyone here? Sit down. Is everyone here?
是的 法官阁下
Yes, Your Honor.
检察官
Madam Prosecutor?
州检察院起诉犯人艾伦·斯坦普勒
The State charges the prisoner, Aaron Stampler,
犯一级谋杀罪
with the crime of murder in the first degree.
你的当事人是否认罪 律师
How does your client plead, Counselor?
阁下 如果法庭同意
Your Honor, if it pleases the court,
在控方对我方作出任何指控前
I need time to make a complete psychiatric evaluation
我需要时间做一次完整的心理评估
before any charges are brought against us.
州检察院已经有充足的证据
State has more than enough evidence
来进行指控 法官阁下
to warrant the allegations, Your Honor.
我同意 动议否决
I agree. Motion denied.
斯坦普勒先生
Mr. Stampler,
你是否明白对你的各项指控
do you understand the charges brought against you?
-是的 我… -法官阁下 我让我的当事人
– Yes. Yes, I… – Your Honor, I direct my client
不要回答这个问题
not to answer that question
以防他的回答导致他被定罪
on the grounds that his response may tend to incriminate him.
被告要在是否明白
The defendant is taking the Fifth
各项指控的问题上保持沉默吗
on whether or not he understands the charges?
是的 法官阁下
Yes, Your Honor.
直到我们完成完整的心理评估
Until we have a complete psychological evaluation,
他将在任何问题上
he will be taking the Fifth
行使第五修正案
on any and all questions posed to him.
州检察院起诉阿普尔比案可作参考先例
State v. Appleby for your review of precedent.
谢谢
Thank you.
住户及客人须在离开酒店时留下钥匙
不 不行 我不能这么做 不
No, no, I can’t do that. No.
你有何贵干
What do you want?
我在找一个叫艾伦·斯坦普勒的孩子住的房♥间
I’m looking for the room a kid named Aaron Stampler stayed in.
-你是警♥察♥吗 -我是他叔叔
– You the police? – I’m his uncle.
-谢谢 -你好
– Thanks. – Well, hey.
-这是亚历克斯的 -亚历克斯是谁
– This is Alex’s. – Who’s Alex?
-他是另一个辅祭 -辅祭吗
– He’s one of the other altar boys. – An altar boy?
辅祭会戴这个吗
An altar boy was wearing this?
弥撒的时候不会戴
Well, not at the mass.
这个辅祭袭击了我的一个同事
Well, this altar boy attacked a colleague of mine.
把他打得很惨
He hurt him pretty bad.
你觉得他在你房♥间做什么
What do you think he was doing there in your room?
-我的房♥间吗 -对
– My room? – Yeah.
我不 我不知道
I can’t… I don’t know.
我什么都没有
I mean, I don’t have nothing.
你知道我在哪里能找到他吗
You know where I could find him?
谁 亚历克斯吗
Who? Alex?
-不 我不知道他在哪里 -不知道吗
– No, I don’t… I don’t know where he is. – You don’t?
-琳达是谁 -琳达
– Who’s Linda? – Linda?
爱你 琳达
她是你女朋友吗
She your girlfriend?
她在哪里 我想和她谈谈
Where is she? I’d like to talk to her.
我不知道她在哪里
I don’t know where she is.
我为什么有种感觉
Why is it that I get this feeling
你对我有所隐瞒 艾伦
you’re not telling me something, Aaron?
-我说的都是事实 -我不觉得
– I’m telling you the truth. – I don’t think so.
亚历克斯袭击我朋友你惊讶吗
Are you surprised that Alex attacked my friend?
-不 他是脾气不好 -对 没错
– No. No, I mean, he has a temper. – Yeah. Yeah, I’d say so.
我这么问你 你觉得亚历克斯会不会是
Let me ask you this. Do you think it could be Alex
你在大主教房♥间里看见的那个身影
who was that figure you saw at the Archbishop’s room?
-亚历克斯 我不确定 -但有可能吗
– I… Alex? I couldn’t be sure. – But it could be him?
我不知道
I don’t know.
艾伦 你没明白 州检察院想判你死刑
Aaron, you’re not understanding this. The State wants you dead.
你要是不帮我 他们就能得逞
If you don’t help me, that’s exactly what they’re gonna get.
我…
I…
我在努力 我记不得了
I’m trying. I can’t remember.
我不明白 亚历克斯为什么要这么做
I don’t understand. Why… why would Alex want to do such a thing?
他有自己的理由 或许有人雇了他
For his own reasons. He… Maybe someone hired him.
-谁雇的 -不知道 算了
– Hired by who? – I don’t know. Forget it.
我想知道 你觉得他是否能做这事
What I need to know is, do you think he’s capable of doing it?
我不知道 他…
I don’t know. He…
我不知道谁能干出这种事 韦尔先生
I don’t know who’s capable of such a thing, Mr. Vail.
-谢谢 -不客气
– Thanks. – Sure.
所以他声称房♥间里还有其他人
So he claims there was someone else in the room
但他不记得了
and that he can’t remember.
你想让我去调查一下失忆症的问题
And you want me to look into this amnesia question
-看看他究竟知道些什么 -没错
– and see what he actually knows. – Yeah.
如果他知道是他干的呢
What if he knows he did it?
失忆症的起因包括药物滥用
The major causes of amnesia are substance abuse,
中风 脑损伤 以及装病
seizures, head injuries and malingering.
我觉得那孩子说的是实话
I think the kid’s telling the truth.
好吧
Okay.
那我们先把话说清楚
Then let’s get something straight.
我非常乐意去为他做检查
I’m more than happy to go in and analyze him.
说实话 我很期待
In fact, I’m looking forward to it.
但我不会去帮他
But I won’t go in there
圆他那一套说辞 明白吗
to validate his story, understood?
-你做你的工作 我做我的工作 -没错
– You do your job, I do mine. Yada yada. – That’s right.
听着 如果我觉得有必要
Listen, if I think it’s necessary,
我会要求做核磁共振 脑电图
I’d want to get an MRI, EEG,
神经心理学测试 可以吗
and neuropsych testing, agreed?
-好的 医生 晚安 医生 -晚安
– Yes, Doctor. Good night, Doctor. – Good night.
我将把谈话录下来给韦尔先生
I’ll be recording our meetings for Mr. Vail,
所以谈话的私密性不能
so what we talk about isn’t as confidential the way it might be
和你向医生咨♥询♥求助时相比
if you were to be consulting with a doctor for help.
他甚至可能传唤我出庭作证
He may even call me as a witness,
所以如果你对我说的话有任何疑问
so if you have any questions about what I’ve just said,
最好现在就当着他的面提出来
you should raise them now, while he’s still here.
-不 女士 我明白 -很好
– No, ma’am. I understand. – Good.
-那好 我觉得没问题 -好的
– So, okay. I think we’ll be fine. – All right.
-我们晚点见 好吧 -好
– I’ll see you later. All right. – Okay.
再见
Bye.
韦尔先生告诉我 在主教死亡前后
Mr. Vail told me that there was a period of time
有一段时间你失去了记忆
surrounding the Archbishop’s death that you don’t remember.
-对吗 -对 我丢了时间
– Is that right? – Yeah. Yes. I lost the time.
我是说 我晕倒了
I mean, I blacked out.
-你以前像这样晕倒过吗 -有 有过
– Have you had these blackouts before? – Yes. Yes, I have.
你记得的第一次发生在什么时候
When’s the first time you remember them happening?
可能是我十二岁左右开始的
They started when I was about 12, maybe.
你父母知道这个情况吗
Were your parents aware of what was happening to you?
不 我母亲去世了
No. My mother was dead.
那你父亲呢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!