陪审团请忽略这位证人最后一段证词
The jury will disregard this witness’ last statement,
-本庭也会 -非常感谢
– as will the court. – Thank you very much.
检方女士 你想盘问吗
Madam Prosecutor, do you wish to cross?
当然了
You bet I do.
既然你违抗法官的指示提到了
Since you brought it up, against the instructions of the court,
我很好奇
I’m curious to know,
多重人格障碍是你的首要专长领域吗
is multiple personality disorder your primary area of expertise?
不是我的专长 不是
It’s not my primary field, no.
法医精神学是你的首要专长领域吗
Is forensic psychiatry your primary area of expertise?
-不 我是神经心理学家 -这样啊
– No, I’m a neuropsychologist. – I see.
所以你没有法医经验
So you have no forensic experience,
不如说 你更偏向于学术
and you’re more of, let’s say, an academic?
那你应该不介意这个偏学术的问题
Then you will forgive this rather academic question.
我正开着车 有人加塞
I’m driving in my car, somebody cuts me off.
我暗自想 “我想杀了那人”
I think to myself, “I could just kill that guy,”
但我不会真那样做 对吧
but I don’t, now do I?
-希望不会 -没错
– I would hope not. – That’s right.
我们会碰到糟心事 别人会误会我们
Things happen to us. People wrong us,
但不是所有人都会创造心理变♥态♥
but we don’t all go around inventing psychopaths
让他们替我们害人 对吧 医生
to do our dirty work for us, now, do we, Doctor?
我不是说你患有多重人格
I’m not suggesting you suffer from multiple personality,
维纳布尔小姐
Miss Venable.
我是说斯坦普勒先生患了这种病
I’m saying Mr. Stampler does.
我知道 我们都听见了
Yes, I know. We heard.
你还作证说 你遇到了这个…
You have also testified that you have met this…
他叫什么来着
What was his name again?
-罗伊 -他姓什么
– Roy. – Roy what?
-他没透露姓氏 -这样啊
– He didn’t give a last name. – I see.
这个罗伊告诉你他杀了主教吗
Did this Roy tell you that he had murdered the Archbishop?
当时只有韦尔先生和他在一起
Mr. Vail was alone with him at the time.
我在透过窗户观察
I was watching through the window,
但之后当我进入房♥间
but soon after that I was in the room
看见了罗伊还有他变回艾伦的过程
and saw both Roy and his transformation back to Aaron.
你该不会碰巧录下了这个艾伦…
Did you happen to tape this appearance of Aaron…
抱歉 我不习惯这个的名字
I’m sorry. I am sorry. I just cannot get used to this name.
-罗伊 -你录了吗
– Roy. – Did you?
没有 录影机关了
No, the tape was off.
关了
Off?
这么说你没有他这个人出现的记录
So you have no record whatsoever of his appearance.
-没有 -好
– No. – No.
艾伦·斯坦普勒能分清对错吗
Does Aaron Stampler know the difference between right and wrong?
他可以
Yes, he does.
要是艾伦·斯坦普勒残忍♥杀害了主教 他会知道…
If Aaron Stampler butchered the Archbishop, would he know…
反对 法官阁下
Objection, Your Honor.
要是艾伦·斯坦普勒杀了主教
If Aaron Stampler murdered the Archbishop,
他会知道自己犯法了吗
would he know he’d broken the law?
会的 但主教不是艾伦…
Yes, he would, but it wasn’t Aaron who killed…
我知道 医生
Yes, I know, Doctor.
是罗伊
It was Roy.
我问完了 没有其他问题了 法官阁下
That’s all. No further questions, Your Honor.
证人可以退下了
Witness may step down.
维纳布尔小姐 如果你想回顾控方的陈词
Miss Venable, if you would like to re-open the Prosecution’s case
传唤州精神病医生
and call the State’s psychiatrist,
-我准许你这样做 -不 我…
– I will certainly agree to it. – No, I…
我觉得没有这个必要 法官阁下
I don’t think that’s necessary, Your Honor.
大家应该都知道是怎么回事了
I think we all get the picture here.
韦尔先生 你准备好继续了吗
Mr. Vail, are you ready to proceed?
你想休庭吗
Would you like a recess?
你是罗伊吗
Roy?
是艾伦
Aaron.
你能给我们讲讲
Could you tell us a little about your relationship
你和拉什曼主教的关系吗
with Archbishop Rushman?
我把他视作父亲 我非常爱他
Well, he was like a father to me. I loved him very much.
你为什么爱他
Why did you love him?
为什么
Why?
他救了我的命
Well, he saved my life.
世上只有他一个人
He was the only person
对待我的方式让我觉得自己还有点价值
who ever treated me like I was worth anything.
别抱怨了 娘娘腔 爷们点
Stop your whining, you little girl. Be a man.
我们都看过你的那段录像了 艾伦
Now, we’ve all seen that tape that you were in, Aaron.
你有什么感受
How did that make you feel?
有没有改变你对拉什曼主教的感情
Did it change your feelings about Archbishop Rushman?
没有
No.
他人很好
He was a wonderful man.
所以就算你被迫
So you didn’t feel anger towards him
录下那段录像也不憎恨他吗
about being forced to perform in that tape?
没有 他为我倾尽一切
No, he did everything for me.
除那之外 我没什么能报答他的了
There wasn’t nothing else I could do for him,
而那正是他所需要的
and he needed it.
你认识一个叫罗伊的人吗
Do you know someone named Roy?
不认识
No, I don’t.
你听到阿林顿医生的证词了
You heard Dr. Arrington’s testimony about
说我和她在狱中看到了什么
what she and I saw there at the jail.
艾伦 狱中那些奇怪的事
Aaron, some pretty strange things going on there.
你记得吗
Do you remember?
我听到她说的了 但我什么都不记得了
I heard what she said, but I don’t remember any of that.
-没有印象吗 -没有
– No recollection? – No, sir.
你杀了拉什曼主教吗
Did you kill Archbishop Rushman?
没有 先生
No, sir, I did not.
谢谢
Thank you.
你的证人
Your witness.
斯坦普勒先生 你想喝水吗
Mr. Stampler, would you like some water?
不用了 女士
No, ma’am.
你确定吗
You sure?
确定 女士 确定
Yes, ma’am. Yes, ma’am.
斯坦普勒先生 你认为主教戴着面具吗
Mr. Stampler, did you believe that the Archbishop wore masks?
不好意思 你说什么
I’m sorry, what did you say?
你认为他在公众面前一套 私下里又一套吗
Do you think he acted one way in public and another way in private?
不 我不认为
No, I didn’t think that.
你不是因为这个才标记了霍桑的那段文章吗
Isn’t that why you underlined the Hawthorne passage?
斯坦普勒先生
Mr. Stampler?
不 我没在那本书里做标记
No, I did not underline that book.
-你没做标记 -没有 女士
– You didn’t underline it? – No, ma’am.
你也没在他胸口刻下
And you didn’t carve the numbers
代指那段文章的数字
referring to that passage into his chest?
没有 女士 我没有 我告诉过你我…
No, no, ma’am, I did not. I told you I…
你爱他
You loved him.
你像爱父亲一样爱他
You loved him like a father.
哪怕他为了满足自己
Even though he made you and your girlfriend
逼你和你女友做出有损人格的性行为
perform demeaning sexual acts for his own gratification.
不 你不明白 他…
No, you don’t understand. He…
没有其他方法能让他驱逐出内心的恶魔
There was no other way for him to cast out his own demons.
-他需要那个 -他需要的是发泄性♥欲♥ 艾伦
– He needed it. – He needed to get off, Aaron.
他当时就是在发泄性♥欲♥
That’s what he was doing.
那就是他需要你的原因
That’s what he needed you for,
像马戏团的动物一样演出
to perform like a circus animal.
-那就是你在他生命中的用处 -不
– That was your function in his life. – No.
斯坦普勒先生 我就直问了 因为我累了
Mr. Stampler, I’m gonna ask you straight, because I am tired,
这些污秽之事我受够了
and I’ve had just about all I can take of this sordidness,
我想回家
and I wanna go home,
我想洗净我的双手
and I wanna wash my hands,
把你和拉什曼主教的事全忘掉
and I wanna forget all about you and Archbishop Rushman.
主教有没有强迫你和你女友及其他人
Did the Archbishop force you and your girlfriend and others
在他面前进行性行为 有还是没有
to perform sexual acts while he watched? Yes or no?
-有 但是… -有 他强迫了你
– Yes, he did, but… – Yes. Yes, he forced you.
他威胁要将你逐出救主之家 让你流落街头
He forced you using a threat of expulsion from Savior House
没有暖气 水和食物 以此来强迫你
and a life on the street with no heat and no water and no food.
他让你站在摄影机前面
He put you in front of a camera!
逼你脱下衣服
He made you take off your clothes!
你还认为那不是他的另一面吗
And you don’t think that that’s another side?