在投资者和已故主教本人间
Wasn’t there also a difference of opinion
是否也有意见分歧呢
between the investors and the late archbishop himself?
据我回想没有
I don’t recall.
好吧
Well…
我们现在讨论的是多大金额
What kind of money are we talking about here? I mean…
肖尼西先生 有多少钱
How much money, Mr. Shaughnessy,
投进了这个失败的南河区规划
was invested in this failed South River enterprise?
六千万美元
$60 million.
-肃静 -六千万美元
– Quiet. – $60 million!
这是很大一笔钱
Wow, that’s a lot of money.
你和主教已经有二十年的交情了吧
You and the Archbishop have been friends for, what, 20 years?
我想可以这么说
I think it’s safe to say
你们二位彼此之间非常了解
that the two of you knew each other really well.
是的
That’s right.
你对维纳布尔小姐提交的那盘录像带的内容
Were you surprised at the content of that tape
-感到震惊吗 -是的 当然震惊
– that Miss Venable submitted? – Yes, of course I was.
所以你在那段时间 从未听说过
So you’ve never heard any allegations,
任何针对主教的控诉和指控吗
charges against the Archbishop during that time?
据我回想没有
Not that I recall, no.
好的 尤其因为你在过去十五年
No, especially since you were the State’s Attorney
担任州检察官
for the last 15 years,
可以说你主管了那段时间库克县的
it’d be fair to say that you’ve supervised all the prosecutions
所有公诉案件
in Cook County during that time,
尤其是针对知名人物的公诉
especially the prosecutions of all the prominent figures.
我手下还有一千名最优秀的检察官…
I also have a staff of 1,000 of the best prosecutors…
是的 但身为州检察官
Yeah, yeah, but as State’s Attorney,
谁会被起诉 谁不会被起诉
it was up to you, ultimately, to decide
最终是由你决定的
who would be indicted and who wouldn’t.
-是的 -好的
– Yes. – Yeah. Okay.
我来带你回到过去
Let me just take you back now.
让我们回到1985年6月
Let’s go back to June, 1985.
据你回想 在那段时间中是否有任何
Do you recall any allegations of sexual misconduct
针对主教性行为不检的指控呢
against the Archbishop at that time?
-据我回想没有 -没有吗
– I don’t recall that, no. – No?
据你回想 是否有一名
Do you recall a young man
叫作迈克尔·奥唐纳的年轻人
by the name of Michael O’Donnell
曾来到你办公室的重罪科呢
who came to the felony review unit at your office?
我不知道你在说什么 律师
I have no idea what you’re talking about, Counselor.
你不知道 这太令我困惑了
You don’t? This is so confusing to me,
因为我这里有这份文件
because I have this document here
来自芝加哥大都市区警♥察♥局
from the Chicago Metropolitan Police Department,
它上面说 没错 迈克尔·奥唐纳
and it says that, yes, Michael O’Donnell
曾和重罪科主管进行长达两周的谈话
spoke to the supervisor of that unit over a period of two weeks,
一五一十地对他说明
explaining to him, in graphic detail,
拉什曼主教对他的性♥虐♥待
sexual abuse he suffered at the hands of Archbishop Rushman.
肃静
Quiet.
州检察官先生 接下来你是否还决定
Isn’t it also true, Mr. State’s Attorney,
让你的朋友拉什曼主教
that you then decided that your friend,
不必因为任何一项指控接受庭审
Archbishop Rushman, was not going to stand trial for any of it?
他欠你很大的人情 约翰
He owed you big time, John.
他叫停南河区的时候
You must have been really pissed off
你肯定火冒三丈
when he pulled out of South River.
怎么了 出什么事了
What happened? What was it?
他最后说”我再也受不了了” “不行”
He just finally said, “I can’t take it anymore”? He said, “No!”
-韦尔先生 -你和你的投资人们
– Mr. Vail. – So you and your investors…
-韦尔先生 -有六千万个理由杀掉他
– Mr. Vail. – …had 60 million reasons to kill him!
-你个混♥蛋♥ -够了 证人退下
– You little cocksucker! – That’s it. Witness dismissed.
休庭 韦尔 来我办公室
This court’s in recess. Vail, in my chambers now.
这是为了乔伊·皮内罗 你个烂人
That’s for Joey Pinero, you little shithead.
开始找工作吧
Start looking for a job.
要是你把我的法庭
If you think you can use my courtroom
当做解决私人恩怨 算旧帐的地方
to wage personal vendettas and settle old scores,
那你就大错特错了
you are sorely mistaken.
我要以与本案无关为由 删掉肖尼西的证词
I’m striking Shaughnessy’s testimony from the record as irrelevant,
还要以藐视法庭罪处罚你一万美元
and I’m holding you in contempt to the tune of $10,000.
你这是想告诉我
So what you’re telling me is,
在你的法庭上我得不到公正的审判 对吗
I can’t get a fair trial in your courtroom, is that it?
说话可得多加小心 韦尔先生
Be very, very careful, Mr. Vail.
你现在处境很危险
You’re on dangerous ground here.
好吧 我开支票 收款人是写你吗 法官
Fine, fine. You want me to make that check out to you, Judge?
你想让我把你从这个案子换掉吗
Do you want me to take you off this case?
你这是让我的法庭成为笑柄
You’re making a mockery of my courtroom,
我决不姑息
and I’m not going to allow it.
我建议你好好代理你的当事人
I suggest you start representing your client
别再为你自己说话
and stop representing yourself.
改天再谈吗
…do this later?
不 我想再继续谈一会
No, I want to stay with this for a minute.
-我现在筋疲力尽 -我知道
– I’m feeling very, very tired. – Yeah, I know.
为什么说起琳达·福布斯 你会难过
Why does talking about Linda Forbes upset you?
没有 我就是…
It doesn’t. I just…
-没事 -抱歉 抱歉
– Okay, okay. – I’m sorry. I’m sorry.
你知道我能拿它做什么吗
Hey, you know what I can do with this thing?
我他妈怎么知道
How the fuck should I know?
阿林顿医生 你和艾伦·斯坦普勒相处了多久
Dr. Arrington, how much time have you spent with Aaron Stampler?
大概六十小时
Around 60 hours.
你在做评估的时候有什么发现
And what did you find in the course of your evaluation?
我发现斯坦普勒先生患有
I found that Mr. Stampler suffers from
急性解离性人格症
an acute dissociative condition,
具体来说是多重人格障碍
specifically, multiple personality disorder.
反对 法官阁下
Objection, Your Honor.
阿林顿医生只是在陈述
Now, Dr. Arrington is only stating
她自己所观察到的结果
what she herself has personally observed.
-法官阁下 -两位
– Your Honor. – Counselors.
我知道你想干什么
Now, I know what you’re doing.
先稍等我们一下
Will you excuse us for a minute?
法官阁下 要是他质疑他当事人的精神状态
Your Honor, if he wants to question his client’s sanity…
法官阁下 我是想
Your Honor, I’m trying to establish
建立健忘症的医学基础
a medical basis for amnesia here.
不是的 他是在说他疯了
That is not what he’s doing. He’s saying he’s crazy.
-是吗 -我没有
– Are you? – No, I am not.
你必须非常非常小心
I’ll allow you to proceed with this witness
我才允许你继续盘问这位证人
if you’re very, very careful.
没问题 当然
Absolutely. Yes.
记下来他答应了
Write down that he said that.
好了 刚才说到哪儿来着
All right, where were we?
拉什曼主教被谋杀时
Now, could Aaron Stampler have been present
艾伦·斯坦普勒是否可能在场 却不记得这回事
during the murder of Archbishop Rushman and not remember it?
有可能
Yes, he could.
好 您能解释一下吗
Okay. Could you explain that, please?
斯坦普勒先生在案发时的状态可能是
Mr. Stampler’s state at the time of the offense was such that
他的身体可能在凶杀案现场
his body could be present at a homicide
但他的头脑却无法回忆起
and yet his mind would be unable to recall it.
这怎么可能
And how is that possible?
这种神经机制可能是
The neurological mechanism that would make this possible
始于他小时候被父亲虐待
began with the early abuse suffered at the hands of his father.
为了自卫 艾伦精神分♥裂♥了
In defense, Aaron’s psyche splintered
帮他创造了两个独♥立♥的人格
and helped him to create two separate personalities.
-法官阁下 -韦尔先生
– Your Honor. – Mr. Vail.
我没说 我没说
I didn’t say it. I did not say it…
现在你已经受到两次警告了
You’ve been warned twice now.
你还要继续问下去吗
Do you really wanna pursue this line of questioning?
我建议你先慎重考虑再回答
And I suggest you think long and hard before answering.
法官阁下 我只有最后一个问题了
Your Honor, just one last question.
好了 阿林顿医生
All right, Dr. Arrington,
在你看来 艾伦·斯坦普勒是否有能力杀人
in your opinion, is Aaron Stampler capable of murder?
没有 他受到的精神创伤太严重
No, he is not. He is far too traumatized
无法表达正常的愤怒和沮丧
to express normal anger and frustration.
他一直压抑自己的情感
He keeps his emotions repressed,
所以他创造了有能力实行这种犯罪的罗伊
which is why he created Roy, who is capable of such a crime.
-反对 法官阁下 -够了 韦尔先生
– Objection, Your Honor. – That’s enough, Mr. Vail.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!