Yes, I know.
是的 我知道
Goodbye, Mr Darcy.
再见 达西先生
This way, sir.
这边请 先生
Are you sure you wouldn’t like to join us?
你真的不和我们一起吃饭吗?
We’ve just met Mr Darcy.
我们刚才才见到达西先生
You didn’t tell us that you’d seen him.
你没有告诉过我们你曾经见过他
He’s asked us to dine with him tomorrow.
他邀请我们与他明天一同吃顿便饭
He was very civil, was he not?
他是一个很有礼貌的人 不是吗?
Very civil. Not at all how you’d painted him.
非常有礼貌 他一点都不像你说的那样
To dine with him?
和他吃饭?
There’s something pleasant about his mouth when he speaks.
他说话的样子 让人感觉很愉快
You don’t mind delaying our journey another day?
你不介意这样会延误行程吧?
He particularly wants you to meet his sister.
他特别点名要你去 见见他的妹妹
His sister.
他的妹妹
Miss Elizabeth!
伊丽莎白小姐!
My sister, Miss Georgiana.
我的妹妹 乔治安娜
My brother has told me so much about you,
我哥哥给我讲了很多关于你的事情
I feel as if we are friends already. Thank you.
我觉得我们俩就像老朋友一样 谢谢
What a beautiful pianoforte. My brother gave it to me.
钢琴真漂亮 我哥哥给我的
He shouldn’t have. I should have.
他不应该给我的 当然应该给
Very well then. Easily persuaded, is she not?
好吧 她真容易被说服 不是么?
He once had to put up with my playing.
你哥哥曾不得不整晚听着我演奏糟糕的钢琴
He says you play so well. Then he has perjured himself.
但他说你弹得非常好 那是他的自欺
I said “quite well”.
我是说”挺好的”
Quite well” is not “very well”.
是”挺好的” 不是”非常好” ”
I’m satisfied.
这样我就满意了
Mr Gardiner, are you fond of fishing? Very much.
嘉丁纳先生 你喜欢钓鱼吗 非常喜欢
Would you accompany me to the lake this afternoon?
今天下午你有兴趣陪我一起去湖边钓鱼吗?
Its occupants have been left in peace too long.
湖边的居民已经离开很长一段时间了
I would be delighted.
乐意之至
Do you play duets, Miss Elizabeth?
你会二重奏吗 伊丽莎白小姐?
Only when forced. Brother, you must force her.
除非迫不得已 哥哥 你可得要强迫她
Splendid fishing, good company. What a capital fellow.
钓鱼棒极了 很好的同伴 小伙子真不错
Thank you so much, Mr Darcy.
太感谢你了 达西先生
A letter for you, madam.
你的一封信 小姐
Oh, it’s from Jane.
噢 是来自吉英的
It is the most dreadful news.
这真是最可怕不过的消息了
Lydia has run away…
丽迪雅逃走了…
with Mr Wickham.
…和韦翰先生一起 …
They are gone to Lord knows where.
天知道他们去哪了
She has no money, no connections. I fear she is lost forever.
她没钱没势 恐怕再也找不着她了
This is my fault.
这是我的错
If only I had exposed Wickham when I should.
当初我要是揭露韦翰的真面目就好了
No, this is my fault.
不 这是我的错
I might have prevented all this by being open with my sisters.
如果我当初告诉我妹妹 就可以阻止这一切的发生
Has anything been done to recover her?
有人去找她了吗?
My father has gone to London, but I know nothing can be done.
我父亲去了伦敦 但我知道也于事无补
We have not the smallest hope.
我们实在不敢存一线希望
Would I could help you.
希望我能帮你
Sir, I think it is too late.
先生 我想已经来不及了
This is grave indeed. I will leave you. Goodbye.
这真令人伤心 我得离开了 告辞
We must go at once.
我们要马上启程
I will join Mr Bennet and find Lydia
在丽迪雅毁掉这个家以前
before she ruins the family.
我会去找班纳特先生 和他一同寻找丽迪雅
Why did the Forsters let her out of their sight?
费斯托夫妇怎么竟放心让她离开他们跟前呢?
I always said they were unfit to take charge of her.
我一直觉得他们不适合照管她
And now she is ruined.
现在 她已经被糟蹋了
You are all ruined.
你们的声名都被玷污了
Who will take you now with a fallen sister?
有这样一个堕落的妹妹 现在谁会要你们?
Poor Mr Bennet will now have to fight the perfidious Wickham
可怜的班纳特先生不得不和背信弃义的韦翰决斗
and then be killed.
他一定会被韦翰活活打死
He hasn’t found him yet, Mama.
爸爸还没有找到他 妈妈
Mr Collins will turn us out before he is cold.
他尸骨未寒 柯林斯先生就会把我们撵出去
Do not be so alarmed. Our uncle is in London helping in the search.
别那么惊慌 舅舅正在伦敦帮忙寻找着呢
Lydia must know what this must be doing to my nerves.
丽迪雅分明知道这样做对我的神经有多大损害
Such flutterings and spasms all over me!
我现在全身发抖 抽筋!
My baby Lydia, my baby!
我亲爱的宝贝丽迪雅 我的小宝宝!
How could she do such a thing to her poor mama?
她怎么能对可怜的妈妈做出这种事情?
You can’t do that! Don’t be such a baby.
你不能这样做! 别孩子气了
Kitty, give it to me. Who’s it for?
吉蒂 给我 这是给谁的?
It’s addressed to Papa.
地址上写的是给爸爸的
It’s in Uncle’s writing.
这是舅舅的笔迹
Papa, there’s a letter.
爸爸 有一封信
Let me catch my breath. It’s in Uncle’s writing.
先让我喘口气 是舅舅的笔迹
He’s found them. Are they married?
他找到他们了 他们结婚了么?
I can’t make out his script. Give it to me.
我看不清他写什么 给我
Are they married?
他们结婚了么?
They will be if Father settles £100 a year on her.
如果父亲每年给她一百镑 他们就结婚
That is his condition.
这是他的条件
You will agree to this, Father? Of course.
你会接受吗 父亲? 当然
God knows how much your uncle must’ve laid on that wretched man.
天知道你舅舅一定在那个卑鄙的人身上花了不少钱
What do you mean?
你是什么意思?
No man would marry Lydia
没人会为了每年区区一百镑
under so slight a temptation as £100 a year.
去娶丽迪雅的
Your uncle must’ve been very generous.
你舅舅肯定花了不少钱
Do you think it a large sum?
你说 总数会是一个大数目么?
Wickham’s a fool
韦翰要是没拿到一万镑就答应娶丽迪雅
if he accepts less than £10,000.
那他才是个大傻瓜呢
Heaven forbid! Father!
天地不容! 父亲!
Lydia married and at 15 too!
丽迪雅结婚了 而且才15岁!
Ring the bell, Kitty.
去拉铃 吉蒂
I must put on my things and tell Lady Lucas.
我要穿好衣服去告诉卢卡斯女士这个消息
Oh, to see her face.
噢 看看她会是什么表情
Tell the servants they will have a bowl of punch.
告诉仆人们 他们将会有一大碗桃子
We should thank our uncle. So he should help.
我们应该去感谢舅舅 他应该帮忙的
He’s far richer than us and has no children. Daughter married!
他比我们有钱得多 又没有孩子 女儿出嫁咯!
Is that really all you think about?
那就是你关心的?
When you have five daughters, tell me what else will occupy your thoughts.
当你有五个女儿的时候 你再告诉我你的想法
Then perhaps you’ll understand.
到那时 可能你就理解了
You don’t know what he’s like.
你根本连他是个什么人都不知道
Lydia! Oh, Mama!
丽迪雅! 噢 妈妈!
We passed Sarah Sims in her carriage.
我们与莎拉·辛的车擦肩而过
So I took off my glove so she might see the ring.
我就脱下手套 好让她看到我的戒指
Then I bowed and smiled like anything…
然后我弯腰大笑 就像…
I’m sure she was not half as radiant as you, my dear.
我相信她连你一半的风光都没有 我亲爱的
You must all go to Brighton.
你们一定得去去布莱顿
That is the place to get husbands.
那里才是个找丈夫的地方
I hope you have half my good luck.
但愿你们有我一半好运就好啦
Lydia.
丽迪雅
I want to hear every little detail, Lydia, dear.
我要知道每一个细节 丽迪雅 亲爱的
I’ve been enlisted in a regiment in the North of England.
我在北英格兰被应征入伍
Glad to hear it.
那真好
Near Newcastle. We travel there next week.
在纽卡斯尔附近 我们下个星期就会去那里
Can I come and stay with you? That is out of the question.
我能和你们一起去吗? 问都不要问
Monday morning came and I was in such a fuss.
星期一到了 我还在大惊小怪
I don’t want to hear.
我一点也不想听
There was my aunt preaching away as if reading a sermon.
舅母一直不住嘴地讲呀 说呀 好像是在传道似的
She was horrid unpleasant. Can’t you understand why?
她很不高兴 你知道为什么吗?
But I didn’t hear a word
但我一个字都听不进
because I was thinking of my dear Wickham.
因为我满脑子都在惦记我亲爱的韦翰
I longed to know if he’d be married in his bluecoat.
我一心想要知道 他会不会穿着那件蓝制服结婚
The North of England, I believe, boasts some spectacular scenery.
北英格兰 我相信那里会有很多壮观的景色的
So I thought, who is to be our best man
所以我想 如果他不能回来
if he doesn’t come back?
谁来做我们的傧相呢?
Lucky, he did, or I would’ve had to ask Mr Darcy.
幸好 他回来了 否则我就请达西先生做傧相了
Mr Darcy! I forgot!
达西先生! 我怎么完全忘了!
But I shouldn’t have said a word.
这事我应该一字不提才对
Mr Darcy was at your wedding?
达西先生在你的婚礼上?
He was the one that discovered us.
就是他找到我们的
He paid for the wedding, Wickham’s commission, everything.
他给了婚礼的费用和韦翰在军队的委托金等所有费用