I came to leave you this.
我是来给你这个的
I shall not renew the sentiments which were so disgusting to you.
我不会再提起令你极度厌恶的感情
But if I may, I will address the two offences you have laid against me.
但请允许我把你对我的两个误会也说清楚
My father loved Mr Wickham as a son.
我父亲爱韦翰先生就像爱自己亲生儿子一样
He left him a generous living.
父亲留给他一个富裕的生活
But upon my father’s death,
但自从我父亲去世以后
Mr Wickham announced he had no intention of taking orders.
韦翰先生就声称他无意去受圣职
He demanded the value of the living,
他要了等值的财产
which he’d gambled away within weeks.
然后把他的身家在数周内全部挥霍豪赌输光了
He then wrote, demanding more money, which I refused.
然后他就写信给我要更多的钱 遭到我的断然拒绝
After which, he severed all acquaintance.
从那以后 与他的联系就完全中断了
He came back to see us last summer,
去年夏天 他回来找我们
and declared passionate love for my sister,
表示对我妹妹强烈爱慕
whom he tried to persuade to elope with him.
我妹妹竟被他打动了心 答应要跟他私奔
She is to inherit £30, 000.
妹妹她将会继承三万英镑的遗产
When it was made clear he would never receive a penny of it,
但他得知自己从中得不到一个便士时
he disappeared.
他马上就消失了
I will not attempt to convey the depth of Georgiana’s despair.
无须赘言 当时的乔治安娜何等失望
She was 15 years old.
当时她才15岁
As to the other matter, of your sister and Mr Bingley,
至于另外一件事 关于你姐姐和彬格莱先生
though the motives which governed me may appear insufficient,
虽然我去干涉的动机不够充分
they were in the service of a friend.
但那是我作为他的朋友的一种义务
Lizzie.
伊丽莎白
Are you all right?
你还好么?
I hardly know.
我自己也不知道
Lizzie. How fortunate you have arrived.
伊丽莎白 你现在能赶回来真是时候
Your aunt and uncle are here to deliver Jane from London.
你的舅舅和舅母把吉英从伦敦送回来了
How is Jane? She’s in the drawing room.
吉英怎样了? 她现在在客厅
I’m quite over him.
我已经完全忘却他了
If he passed me in the street, I’d hardly notice.
就算在街上和他擦肩而过 我都不会去注意
London is so diverting. It’s true.
伦敦充满了各种各样有趣的事物 这是真的
There’s so much to entertain.
那里有很多消遣
What news from Kent?
在肯特郡 有什么消息啊?
Nothing.
没什么
At least not much to entertain.
起码没有什么可以让我消遣的
Lizzie, tell Mama!
伊丽莎白 告诉妈妈!
Stop making such a fuss.
不要再小题大做了
Why didn’t she ask me as well?
为什么费斯托太太不把我也邀请上?
Because I’m better company.
因为我是个更好的同伴
What’s the matter? I’ve just as much right.
怎么回事? 我更合适
Let’s all go.
让我们都去吧
Lydia’s been invited to Brighton with the Forsters.
丽迪雅被邀请去与费斯托家一同去布莱顿
Sea bathing would set me up nicely.
在海中沐浴将会使我更加美丽
I shall dine with the officers every night.
我可以和军官们每晚一起共进晚餐
Papa, don’t let her go.
爸爸 不要让她去
Lydia will never be easy
丽迪雅不到公共场所之类的地方去出一出丑
until she’sexposed herself in some public place.
是决不肯罢休的
And we could never expect her to do it
她这次要去出丑
with so little inconvenience.
既不必花家里的钱 又用不着家里麻烦
If you do not check her,
如果爸爸你不制止她
she’ll be fixed as the silliest flirt
她会被挂上愚蠢的卖俏者的花名
who ever made her family ridiculous.
弄得我们全家都惹人笑话的
And Kitty will follow, as always.
吉蒂也会一如既往地有样学样
Lizzie, we shall have no peace until she goes.
伊丽莎白 如果不让她去 我们将不得安宁
Is that really all you care about?
原来这才是你关心的?
Colonel Forster is a sensible man.
费斯托上校是个有见识的人
He will keep her out of any real mischief.
他不会让她闯出什么祸事来的
And she’s too poor to be an object of prey to anyone.
她太穷 谁也不会看中她
It’s dangerous.
爸爸 但是这样做很危险
I am certain the officers will find women better worth their while.
我肯定军官们会找到更中意的对象
Let us hope, in fact, that her stay in Brighton
我们但愿她去了布莱顿以后
will teach her her own insignificance.
能意识到自己有多么渺小
At any rate, she can hardly grow any worse.
她再坏也坏不到哪里去
If she does, we’d be obliged to lock her up for the rest of her life.
如果她真不行的话 我们就把她一辈子关在家里
Lizzie, you’re welcome to accompany us.
伊丽莎白 我们希望你和我们一起去
The Peak District is not Brighton.
山顶区不同于布莱顿
Officers are thin on the ground which may influence your decision.
陆军军官都挺消瘦的 这可能会改变你的决定
Come to the Peak District with us,
和我们一同去山区吧
Lizzie, and get some fresh air.
伊丽莎白 去呼吸一下新鲜空气
The glories of nature. What are men compared to rocks and mountains?
大自然的风光 人和山石岂可同日而语?
Men are either eaten up with arrogance or stupidity.
男人大多或傲慢或愚蠢
If they are amiable, they have no minds of their own.
和蔼可亲的 必定又是没有主见
Take care, my love.
注意你的言语 我亲爱的
That savours strongly of bitterness.
你这句话充满了苦涩的味道
I saw Mr Darcy when I was at Rosings.
在罗新斯的时候 我见到了达西先生
Why did you not tell me?
你为什么不告诉我?
Did he mention Mr Bingley?
他提到了彬格莱先生吗?
No.
没有
No, he did not.
他一句也没提
Oh, what are men compared to rocks and mountains?
噢 人岂可与山石同日而语
Or carriages that work?
或者马车可以?
Where exactly are we?
我们现在具体是在那里?
I think we are quite close to Pemberley.
离彭伯里相当近
Mr Darcy’s home? That’s the fellow.
达西先生的家? 就是他
Very well stocked lake. I’ve a hankering to see it.
真是一个富饶的湖区 我真的很想去看看
Oh, no, let’s not.
噢 不要 我们不要去
Well, he’s so…
他太…
I’d rather not, he’s so… he’s so…
我不打算去 因为他太…他太…
So what? So rich.
他怎么了? 他太富有了
By heavens, Lizzie, what a snob you are!
我的天 伊丽莎白 你还真是势利啊!
Objecting to Mr Darcy because of his wealth.
因为达西先生富有就反感他
The poor man can’t help it.
可怜的他一定很无奈
He won’t be there anyway.
他不会在那里的
These great men are never at home.
这些人从来都不会呆在家里的
Keep up.
跟上
Is your master much at home?
您的主人在家的日子多吗?
Not as much as I would wish.
并没有我所期盼的那么多
He dearly loves it here.
但他绝对喜欢这里
If he should marry, you might see more of him.
要是你主人结了婚 你见到他的时候就会多些
He’s a lot like his father.
他与他父亲真的很像
When my husband was ill, Mr Darcy couldn’t do enough.
我丈夫病了的时候 达西先生都忙不过来
He just organised the servants for me.
但他马上为我安排了仆人
This is he, Mr Darcy.
这就是他 达西先生
A handsome face.
英俊的面庞
Lizzie, is it a true likeness?
伊丽莎白 这像他么?
Does the young lady know Mr Darcy?
这位年轻的小姐原来跟达西先生相熟?
Only a little.
不太熟
Do you not think him a handsome man, miss?
你不觉得他是位英俊的少爷吗 小姐?
Yes.
是的 很英俊
Yes, I dare say he is.
是的 我敢说他是英俊的
This is his sister, Miss Georgiana.
这是他的妹妹 乔治安娜小姐
She sings and plays all day long.
她成天弹琴唱歌
Is she at home?
她现在在家么?
Miss Elizabeth.
伊丽莎白小姐
I thought you were in London. No.
我以为你在伦敦 不
No, I’m not.
不 我不在伦敦
No.
不在
We would not have come…
我们不会来的 要是知道…
I came back a day early…
我提早一天回来了…
I’m with my aunt and uncle.
我与我的舅舅和舅母一起来的
And are you having a pleasant trip?
你们的旅途愉快么?
Very pleasant.
非常开心
Tomorrow we go to Matlock. Tomorrow?
我们明天就去马特洛克 明天?
Are you staying at Lambton?
你们是住在兰顿吗?
Yes, at the Rose and Crown.
是的 在玫瑰花冠旅馆
Yes.
这样啊
I’m so sorry to intrude.
非常抱歉 闯入你的家
They said the house was open for visitors. I had no idea.
舅舅他们说这是对游客开放的 我自己不清楚
May I see you back to the village? No.
我可以送你回村庄去吗? 不用
I’m very fond of walking. Yes.
我非常喜欢徒步行走 是的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!