I hope to call her hereafter my sister.”
希望她以后会做我的嫂嫂”
Is that not clear enough?
说得还不够清楚吗?
Caroline sees her brother in love with you
卡罗琳看出她哥哥爱上你
and has taken him off to persuade him otherwise.
就把他带走 想方设法去说服他
But I know her to be incapable of wilfully deceiving anyone.
但是我知道她不可能想骗谁就骗谁
It’s more likely he does not love me.
看上去他好像真的不爱我了
He loves you. Do not give up.
他爱你 别放弃
Go to our aunt and uncle’s in London,
去我们在伦敦的舅舅家
Let it be known you are there and I am sure he will come to you.
让他知道你在那 我敢肯定他会来看你的
Give my love to my sister
请将我的爱赐予我的姐姐
and try not to be a burden, dear.
让我的爱不要成为她的负担 亲爱的
Poor Jane.
可怜的吉英
Still, a girl likes to be crossed in love now and then.
然而 女孩子总是喜欢被爱
It gives her something to think of
这起码可以给她一些事情去思考
and a sort of distinction amongst her companions.
也可以使她觉得与其它同伴不同
I’m sure that will cheer her up, Papa.
我相信那会令她振奋起来的 爸爸
It’s your turn now, Lizzie.
现在轮到你了 伊丽莎白
You’ve turned down Collins.
你已经拒绝了柯林斯
You’re free to go off and be jilted yourself.
你现在是自由身了 自己成了甩别人的小姐了
What about Mr Wickham?
韦翰先生怎么样?
He’s a pleasant fellow and he’d do the job credibly.
他是一位不错的年轻人 相信也靠得住
Father… And you have an affectionate mother
父亲… 而且你有一个亲爱的母亲
who would make the most of it.
她绝不会放弃这个机会的
Charlotte! My dear Lizzie.
夏洛特! 我亲爱的伊丽莎白
I’ve come here to tell you the news.
我来告诉你一个重要的消息
Mr Collins and I are… engaged.
柯林斯先生和我…订婚了
Engaged? Yes.
订婚了? 是的
To be married?
为了结婚的订婚?
What other kind of engaged is there?
除此之外 还会有其他的类型的订婚么?
For heaven’s sake, Lizzie, don’t look at me like that.
看在上天的份上 伊丽莎白 别那样看着我
I should be as happy with him as any other.
嫁给他和嫁给其他任何人对我来说都一样开心
But he’s ridiculous. Oh, hush.
但是他的人十分荒谬 噢 不要这么说
Not all of us can afford to be romantic.
并不是所有的人都能拥有浪漫
I’ve been offered a comfortable home and protection.
他能给我一个舒适安全的家
There’s a lot to be thankful for.
值得我感激的已经够多了
I’m 27 years old. I’ve no money and no prospects.
我已经27岁了 我没有钱 也没什么前途
I’m already a burden to my parents.
我已经成了父母的包袱了
And I’m frightened.
而且 我害怕了
So don’t judge me, Lizzie. Don’t you dare judge me.
所以 请不要评判我 伊丽莎白 别评判我
Dear Charlotte, thank you for your letter.
亲爱的夏洛特 谢谢你的来信
I’m glad the house, furniture and roads are to your taste,
很高兴你对你的房子 家具以及舍路都满意
and that Lady Catherine’s behaviour is friendly and obliging.
也高兴得知那位凯瑟琳女士对你友好和蔼
What with your departure, Jane’s to London
你走了 吉英去了伦敦
and the militia to the North with the colourful Mr Wickham,
有趣的韦翰先生随民兵团去了北方
I must confess, the view from where I sit has been rather grey.
我必须承认 现在我眼前的景色变得有点灰暗了
As for the favour you ask, it is no favour at all.
至于你的请求 根本算不上是请求
I would be happy to visit you at your earliest convenience.
我会非常高兴尽早来探望你
Welcome to our humble abode.
欢迎光临寒舍
My wife encourages me to spend time in the garden for my health.
为了我的健康 我的妻子鼓励我花点时间在花园里面
I think our guest is tired after her journey.
我想我们的客人在旅途后已经感到疲惫了
I plan many improvements.
我计划了很多改进的方案
I intend to throw out a bough and plant a lime walk.
我打算要去掉一些大树桩然后在走道旁种上酸橙树
I flatter myself
说句自不量力的话
that any young lady would be happy
任何一个年轻女士都会
to be the mistress of such a house.
为能成为这座房子的主妇而感到高兴的
We shan’t be disturbed here.
在这里没人打扰
This parlour is for my own particular use.
这间工作室是我专用的
Oh, Lizzie, it’s such a pleasure to run my own home.
伊丽莎白 能打理自己的家真是件高兴的事情
Charlotte, come here! What’s happened?
夏洛特 过来! 发生什么事了?
Has the pig escaped again? Oh, it’s Lady Catherine.
猪又跑了吗? 噢 是凯瑟琳夫人
Come and see, Lizzie.
过来看看 伊丽莎白
Great news.
好消息
We received an invitation to Rosings from Lady Catherine.
凯瑟琳女士邀请我们去罗新斯花园
How wonderful!
实在太好了!
Do not make yourself uneasy about your apparel.
千万不要为你的衣着担心
Just put on the best you’ve brought.
穿上你带来的最好的衣服就行了
Lady Catherine’s never been averse to the truly humble.
凯瑟琳夫人从来都不会嫌弃简陋
One of the most extraordinary sights in all of Europe.
全欧洲最非凡的景色之一
The glazing alone costs upwards of £20,000.
光是玻璃窗就花了两万英镑
Come along. Come along.
跟着来 跟紧
A little later we’ll play cards.
晚点我们会玩扑克牌
Your Ladyship.
尊贵的夫人
Miss de Bourgh.
德·包尔小姐
So, you are Elizabeth Bennet?
那么 你是伊丽莎白·班纳特?
I am, your Ladyship.
是的 尊贵的夫人
This is my daughter.
这是我的女儿
It’s kind of you to ask us to dine.
感谢你邀请我们一同进餐
The rug alone cost upwards of £300.
单这地毯就起码要300英镑
Mr Darcy.
达西先生
What are you doing here?
你怎么会在这里?
Mr Darcy, I had no idea we had the honour.
达西先生 没想到会有幸遇到你
Miss Elizabeth, I’m a guest here.
伊丽莎白小姐 我是来这做客的
You know my nephew?
你认识我的侄子?
I had the pleasure of meeting your nephew in Hertfordshire.
是的 在赫特福德郡 我有幸遇见你的侄子
Colonel Fitzwilliam. How do you do?
我是费茨威廉上校 你好
Mr Collins, you can’t sit next to your wife.
柯林斯先生 你不能坐在你妻子的旁边
Move. Over there.
换个位置 到那边去
Harvey, I wonder, could you get me the fish course…
哈维 我想你能不能给我那道鱼的菜…
I trust your family is in good health, Miss Elizabeth?
我想你们一家身体都健康吧 伊丽莎白小姐?
They are, thank you.
是的 谢谢
My eldest sister is in London. Perhaps you saw her there.
我大姐在伦敦 可能你在那里见过她了
I haven’t been fortunate enough…
我还未有幸能…
Do you play the pianoforte, Miss Bennet?
你会弹钢琴吗 班纳特小姐?
A little, ma’am, and very poorly.
只会一点点 夫人 弹得不怎么样
Do you draw?
你会绘画吗?
No, not at all.
不 一点都不会
Your sisters, do they draw?
你的姐妹呢? 她们会绘画吗?
Not one.
没有一个会
That’s very strange.
这倒很稀奇
I suppose you had no opportunity.
我猜你们是没机会学吧
Your mother should’ve taken you to town for the benefit of the masters.
你们的母亲应该带你们去城里面投名师才对
My mother wouldn’t have minded, but my father hates town.
我母亲是不会反对 可是我父亲讨厌城里
Has your governess left you?
你们的女家庭教师走了吗?
We never had a governess.
我们从来没有请过女家庭教师
No governess?
没有女家庭教师?
Five daughters brought up at home without a governess?
家里教养着五个女儿 却不请个女教庭教师?
I never heard such a thing.
我简直闻所未闻
Your mother must’ve been a slave to your education.
你母亲亲自教育你们 一定累得如同奴隶一般
Not at all, Lady Catherine.
凯瑟琳夫人 事实并非如此
Your younger sisters, are they out in society?
你的妹妹们有没有哪一个已经出来参加社交了?
Yes, ma’am, all. All?
有 太太 全都出来社交了 全部?
What, all five out at once? That’s very odd.
什么 五个姐妹同时出来社交? 真奇怪
And you second.
你排行第二
The younger ones out before the elders are married?
姐姐还没嫁人 妹妹就出来社交?
Your youngest sisters must be very young.
你妹妹们一定还很小吧
Yes, my youngest is not 16.
是的 最小的还没到16岁
But it would be hard on younger sisters
如果年少的妹妹因为年长的姐姐
not to have their amusement because the elder is still unmarried.
没有结婚而不能进行社交活动
It would hardly encourage sisterly affection.
这一点都不会增进姐妹感情
Upon my word, you give your opinion very decidedly for so young a person.
真想不到 你这么年轻 倒挺有主见啊
Pray, what is your age?
请问 你几岁啦?
With three younger sisters grown up,
我已经有了三个成人的妹妹
you can hardly expect me to own to it.
你老人家总不会再要我招出年纪来吧
Come, Miss Bennet, and play for us.
过来 班纳特小姐 为我们弹奏一曲
No, I beg you. For music is my delight.
不 请饶了我吧 音乐会使我高兴
In fact, there are few people in England
实际上目前在英国 没有几个人能像我一样
who have more true enjoyment of music.
真正欣赏音乐
Or better natural taste.
也没有人比我趣味更高
If I had ever learnt, I should’ve been a great proficient.
我要是学了音乐 一定会成为一个名家
So would Anne, if her health would’ve allowed her.
安娜要是身体好 也一定会成为一个名家的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!