Mr Darcy.
达西先生
Mr Darcy.
达西先生
Mr Darcy. Good evening…
达西先生 晚上好…
What interesting relatives you have.
你的亲戚多么有趣啊
Mary, dear, you’ve delighted us long enough.
曼丽 亲爱的 你使我们开心得够久啦
Let the other young ladies have a turn.
留点时间给别的小姐们表演表演吧
since I was a child, and then she died.
…当我还是孩子的时候 她就去世了 …
I have a beautiful grey.
我有漂亮的灰色
Of course, Caroline’s a much better rider than l, of course.
当然 卡罗琳的马术比我好 绝对
Oh, yes. We fully expect a most advantageous marriage.
噢 是的 我们热切期盼着这门好处多多的婚事
And my Jane, marrying so grand,
如果我的吉英能攀得这么称心如意的姻缘
must throw her sisters in the way.
那么 她的妹妹们也就有希望碰上别的阔少
Clearly my family are seeing who can expose themselves to the most ridicule.
显然我们家像是约定今天晚上到这儿来尽量出丑的
At least Bingley has not noticed. No.
至少 彬格莱先生没有注意到 没有
I think he likes her very much. But does she like him?
我想他真的很喜欢她 但是她喜欢他吗?
Few of us are secure enough to be in love without proper encouragement.
几乎没有人能够不仰赖适当的鼓励而陷入爱河
Bingley likes her enormously,
彬格莱非常喜欢她
but might not do more if she does not help him on.
但是可能以后不会了 如果她还不帮帮他
She’s just shy.
她只是害羞
If he cannot perceive her regard, he is a fool.
如果他感觉不到她的关心 他一定是个傻瓜
We are all fools in love.
陷入爱河的人都是傻瓜
He does not know her character as we do.
他不像我们那么了解她的性格
She should move fast and snap him up.
她应该尽快把他弄到手
There is plenty of time for us to get to know him afterwards.
我们以后有的是时间来了解他
I can’t help feeling that someone’s going to produce a piglet
我觉得有人会放出小猪来
and make us chase it.
让我们来追赶
Oh, dear! I do apologise, sir.
噢 亲爱的! 我很抱歉 先生
I’m awfully sorry. Do forgive me.
我真的很抱歉 请原谅我
Emily, please!
艾米莉 不要!
Mary, my dear Mary.
曼丽 我亲爱的曼丽
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.
噢亲爱的 噢亲爱的 噢亲爱的
I’ve been practising all week. I know, my dear.
我整整一星期都在练 我知道 亲爱的
I hate balls.
我讨厌舞会
Mr Bennet, wake up.
班纳特老爷 醒醒
Oh, I’ve never had such a good time!
噢 我从没玩得这么尽兴过
Charles, you cannot be serious.
查尔斯 你不会是认真的吧
We’ll have a wedding here in less than three months if you ask me, Mr Bennet.
班纳特先生 不出3个月我们就要办场婚事啦
Mr Bennet!
班纳特老爷!
Mary, please.
曼丽 拜托
Thank you, Mr Hill.
谢谢 希尔先生
Mrs Bennet, I was hoping, if it would not trouble you,
班纳特太太 如果不麻烦的话
that I might solicit a private audience with Miss Elizabeth.
能让我和伊丽莎白小姐单独谈谈吗
Oh, certainly, Lizzie would be very happy indeed.
噢 当然可以 伊丽莎白会很乐意的
Everyone, out. Mr Collins would like a private audience with your sister.
大家都出去 柯林斯先生想和你们的姐姐单独谈谈
Wait, Mr Collins can have nothing
等等 柯林斯先生没有什么不可告人的话
to say to me that anybody need not hear.
非要单独和我说的
I desire you will stay where you are. Everyone else to the drawing room.
我要你待在这儿别动 其他所有人都去客厅
Mr Bennet. But…
班纳特老爷 但是…
Now.
马上
Jane. Jane, don’t… Jane! Jane.
吉英 吉英 别…吉英! 吉英
Papa, stay.
爸爸 留下
Dear Miss Elizabeth,
亲爱的伊丽莎白小姐
My attentions have been too marked to be mistaken.
我对你的百般殷勤 已经表现得非常明显了
Almost as soon as I entered the house,
几乎是当我走进这房子的那一刻
I singled you out as the companion of my future life.
我就挑中你做我的终身伴侣
But before I am run away with my feelings,
趁我现在还控制得住我自己感情的时候
perhaps I may state my reasons for marrying.
先陈述一下我要结婚的理由
Firstly, that it is the duty of a clergyman
第一 这是牧师的职责
to set the example of matrimony in his parish.
给全教区树立一个婚姻的好榜样
Secondly, I am convinced it will add greatly to my happiness.
其次 我深信结婚会大大地增进我的幸福
And thirdly, that it is at the urging
第三 我尊敬的女资助人
of my esteemed patroness, Lady Catherine,
凯瑟琳夫人催促我
that I select a wife.
挑选一个好太太
My object in coming to Longbourn was to choose such a one
我来浪博恩的目的就是
from among Mr Bennet’s daughters,
从班纳特先生的女儿中挑选一个做太太
for I am to inherit the estate
因为我将要继承令尊的财产
and such an alliance will surely…
而像这样的结合一定…
suit everyone.
…会让每个人满意 …
And now nothing remains but for me to assure you in the most animated language
现在我只能用最激动的语言
of the violence of my affections.
把我最热烈的感情向你倾诉
Mr Collins!
柯林斯先生!
And no reproach on the subject of fortune
对于财产的有限 没有任何责备的意思
will cross my lips once we’re married.
我们结婚以后 我决不会说一句小气话
You forget I have given no answer.
你忘了我根本没有回答你呢
Lady Catherine will thoroughly approve when I speak to her
凯瑟琳夫人定会赞同这门婚事 只要我向她说说
of your modesty, economy and other amiable qualities.
你的淑静 节约以及其他种种可爱的优点
Sir, I am honoured by your proposal,
先生 你的求婚使我感到荣幸
but I regret that I must decline it.
可惜我除了谢绝别无他法
I know ladies don’t seek to seem too eager…
我知道 小姐们都会矜持推诿一下…
Mr Collins, I am perfectly serious.
柯林斯先生 我的谢绝完全是认真的
You could not make me happy.
你不能使我幸福
And I’m the last woman in the world who could make you happy.
而且我也绝对不能使你幸福
I flatter myself
说句自不量力的话
that your refusal is merely a natural delicacy.
你的拒绝不过是女人家微妙的天性
Besides, despite manifold attractions,
此外 尽管你有许多吸引人的地方
it is by no means certain another offer of marriage will ever be made to you.
但恐怕也不会有别人会向你求婚了
I must conclude
我就不得不认为
that you simply seek to increase my love by suspense,
你这样是欲擒故纵 想要更加博得我的喜爱
according to the usual practice of elegant females.
仿效一般高贵的女性的通例
I am not the sort of female to torment a respectable man.
我不是那种故意捉弄尊敬绅士的女性
Please understand me, I cannot accept you.
请理解我 我不能接受你
Headstrong, foolish child.
顽固的傻孩子
Don’t worry, Mr Collins. We’ll have this little hiccup dealt with immediately.
别担心 柯林斯先生 我们马上就能解决这一切
Lizzie. Lizzie!
伊丽莎白 伊丽莎白!
Mr Bennet, we’re all in an uproar!
班纳特老爷 家里都闹翻天了!
You must come and make Lizzie marry Mr Collins.
你得来劝劝伊丽莎白嫁给柯林斯先生
Mr Collins has proposed to Lizzie,
柯林斯先生已经向伊丽莎白求婚了
but she vowed she will not have him, and now the danger is
但是她发誓不要他 现在危险的是
Mr Collins may not have Lizzie.
柯林斯先生会不要伊丽莎白了
What am I to do? Well, come and talk to her.
我能做什么? 唔 过来和她谈谈
Now!
马上!
Tell her you insist they marry.
告诉她 你非要她嫁给他不可
Papa, please.
爸爸 不要
You will have this house and save your sisters from destitution.
你将拥有这栋房子 还能让妹妹们免于受穷
I can’t marry him.
我不能嫁给他
Go back now and say you’ve changed your mind.
现在就回去告诉他 你已经改变了心意
Think of your family. You cannot make me.
为你的家人想想 你不能逼我
Mr Bennet, say something.
班纳特老爷 你倒是说点什么呀
Your mother insists upon you marrying Mr Collins.
你母亲坚持要你嫁给柯林斯先生
Yes, or I shall never see her again.
是的 否则我就再也不要见她了
From this day onward, you must be a stranger to one of your parents.
从今天起 你不和父亲绝交 就要和母亲绝交
Who will maintain you when your father is dead?
当你父亲去世了 谁会养你?
Your mother will never see you again
要是你不嫁给柯林斯先生
if you do not marry Mr Collins,
你的母亲就再不要见你了
and I will never see you again if you do.
如果你嫁给他 我就再不要见你了
Thank you, Papa.
谢谢 爸爸
Ungrateful child! I shall never speak to you again.
忘恩负义的孩子! 我再也不理你了
Not that I take much pleasure in talking.
我现在都没什么兴致说话了
People who suffer as I do from nervous complaints
象我这样神经脆弱的人
can have no pleasure in talking to anybody.
就没有多大的兴致说话
Jane!
吉英!
What’s the matter? Jane?
出什么事了? 吉英?
N吉英·班纳特小姐
致:赫特福德郡浪博恩
I don’t understand what would take him from Netherfield.
我不明白是什么让他离开尼日斐花园
Why does he not know when he’ll return?
为什么他不知道什么时候会回来呢?
Read it.
读读
Mr Darcy is impatient to see his sister
“达西先生迫不急待地要去看看他的妹妹 ”
and we are scarcely less eager.
我们也几乎同样热切地希望和她重逢
I do not think Georgiana Darcy has her equal for beauty,
我认为乔治安娜·达西无论在容貌
elegance and accomplishment.
举止还是才艺方面都无人能及

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!