Sensible, good humoured…
有见识 有趣味..
Handsome, conveniently rich…
英俊 非常富有…
Marriage should not be driven by thoughts of money.
婚姻不应该以金钱为出发点
Only deep love will persuade me to marry.
我只会为真挚的爱而结婚
Which is why I’ll end up an old maid.
所以我势必成为一位老姑娘
Do you really believe he liked me?
你真的认为他喜欢我吗?
He danced with you most of the night,
他几乎整晚都在和你跳舞
and stared at you the rest.
没跳的时候 眼睛也一刻不离开你
I give you leave to like him. You’ve liked many stupider.
我不反对你喜欢他 反正你以前也喜欢过不少蠢货
You’re a great deal too apt to like people in general.
你也太容易对人产生好感了
All the world is good in your eyes.
在你眼里 天下都是好人
Not his friend.
他的朋友可不算好人
I still can’t believe what he said about you.
我到现在都不敢相信他居然那么说你
Mr Darcy?
达西先生?
I’d more easily forgive his vanity
要不是他伤了我的虚荣心
had he not wounded mine.
我对他的虚荣倒还蛮理解的
But no matter. I doubt we shall ever speak again.
不过不用担心 恐怕我们再也不会交谈了
He danced with Miss Lucas.
他和卢卡斯小姐跳舞了
We were all there, dear.
我们都在那看到了 我的好太太
It is a shame she’s not more handsome.
真可惜她不够漂亮
There’s a spinster in the making and no mistake.
看来她注定要成为老处女了
The fourth with a Miss King of little standing,
第四支舞是和金小姐跳的
and the fifth again with Jane.
第五支又是跟吉英跳的
If he had any compassion, he would’ve sprained his ankle.
要是他稍许体谅我一点 他真该把脚给扭了才好
The way you carry on,
你说得倒轻巧
you’d think our girls look forward to a grand inheritance.
也不想想 我们女儿只能指望继承一千镑的遗产
When you die, which may be very soon,
你去世之时 这可是说来就来的事儿
they will be left without a roof over their head
到时候他们不会给我们留一片瓦
nor a penny to their name.
他们会拿走他们名下的每个子儿
Please, it’s ten in the morning.
拜托 现在才早上十点
A letter to Miss Bennet, ma’am.
给班纳特小姐的信 夫人
From Netherfield Hall.
从尼日斐庄园寄出的
Praise the Lord. We are saved!
赞美上帝 我们有救了!
Make haste, Jane, make haste. Oh, happy day!
快 吉英 快 噢 多么愉快的一天啊!
It is from Caroline Bingley.
卡罗琳·彬格莱写来的
She has invited me to dine with her.
她邀请我和她共进晚餐
Her brother will be dining out. Dining out?
她哥哥要出去吃饭 出去吃饭?
Can I take the carriage? Let me see.
我能用马车吗? 我想想
It is too far to walk.
那太远了走不过去的
This is unaccountable of him.
他没道理这么做呀
Mama, the carriage for Jane?
妈妈 为吉英准备马车?
Certainly not. She’ll go on horseback.
当然不 她要骑马去
Horseback!
骑马!
Lizzie.
伊丽莎白
Now she’ll have to stay the night, exactly as I predicted.
这下她得在那留宿了 不出我所料
Good grief, woman, your skills in the art of matchmaking
天哪 老婆子 你做媒的技巧
are positively occult.
简直出神入化
Though I don’t think, Mama, you can take credit for making it rain.
不过 妈妈 你连呼风唤雨也会啊
My friends will not hear of me returning home until I am better.
“除非我好了些 不然朋友们不会让我回家 ”
Excepting a sore throat, a fever and a headache, nothing is wrong with me.”
除了喉咙发炎 发烧 头痛 我都挺好的”
If Jane does die it
吉英要是因此送了命
will be a comfort to know it was in pursuit of Mr Bingley.
知道她这是听你的话去追彬格莱 也算是个安慰
People do not die of colds.
哪有小感冒就送命的道理
But she may perish with the shame of having such a mother.
但她会因为有这么一个母亲而羞愧死
I must go to Netherfield at once.
我必须立刻去尼日斐
Lady Bathurst is redecorating her ballroom in the French style.
巴瑟斯特夫人正在按照法国风格重新装修舞厅
A little unpatriotic, don’t you think?
有点不爱国 你不觉得吗?
Miss Elizabeth Bennet.
伊丽莎白·班纳特小姐到
Good Lord, did you walk here?
天哪 你是走着来的吗?
I did.
是的
I’m so sorry. How is my sister?
真抱歉打扰了 我姐姐怎么样了?
She’s upstairs.
她在楼上
Thank you.
谢谢
My goodness, did you see her hem? Six inches deep in mud.
天哪 你看到她的裙摆没? 足足有6英寸的泥浆
She looked positively mediaeval.
她看上去像从中世纪来的
I feel such a terrible imposition. They’re being so kind to me.
我觉得很不好意思 他们对我都非常好
I don’t know who is more pleased at your being here,
不知道他俩谁更高兴看到你在这
Mama or Mr Bingley.
是妈妈还是彬格莱先生呢?
Thank you for tending to my sister so diligently.
谢谢你们对我姐姐的精心照顾
She’s in far better comfort than at home.
她在这比在家要舒服多了
It’s a pleasure.
乐意之至
I mean, it’s not a pleasure that she’s ill. Of course not.
我不是说我乐意她生病 当然不是
It’s a pleasure that she’s here, being ill.
我乐意的是她在这生病了
Not going to be famous, our pig.
人怕出名猪怕壮啊
Black on the back, but not related to the learned pig of Norwich.
后背是黑色 但是和诺里奇的猪没任何关系
Now that pig is… Mr Bennet.
现在那猪… 班纳特老爷
It’s all going to plan. He’s half in love with her already.
计划进行得一帆风顺 他已经几乎爱上她了
Who is, blossom? Mr Bingley.
谁 布洛申? 彬格先莱生
He doesn’t mind that she hasn’t a penny.
他不在乎她一文不名
He has more than enough for the two of them.
他的钱足够他们俩用的
How will we meet them? Easy!
我们怎么结识他们? 好办!
Wait for me!
等等我!
You drop something. They pick it up.
你把东西掉在地上 他们帮你拾起来
And then you’re introduced.
这样自然就认识了
Officers!
军官!
You write uncommonly fast, Mr Darcy.
你写信写得出奇的快啊 达西先生
You’re mistaken. I write slowly.
你这话可说得不对 其实我写得相当慢
How many letters you must have occasion to write, Mr Darcy.
你得写多少封信啊 达西先生?
Letters of business. How odious I should think them.
生意上的信 我想你一定很厌烦吧
It is fortunate, then, they fall to me and not you.
幸亏得写这些信的人是我 而不是你
Tell your sister I long to see her.
告诉令妹 我很想和她见见面
I’ve already told her once. I do dote on her.
我已经遵命告诉过她了 我太喜爱她了
I was quite in raptures
她寄来给我装饰桌子的那张美丽的小图案
at her beautiful design for a table.
我喜欢极了
Perhaps you will give me leave
可否请你通融一下
to defer your raptures.
容我下次再代为转达?
I have not room enough to do them justice.
这一次我可写不下这么多啦
You young ladies are so accomplished.
你们这些年轻小姐真是多才多艺
What do you mean?
你什么意思?
You paint tables, play the piano
你们会为桌子作画 会弹钢琴
and embroider cushions.
还能给垫子绣花
I never heard of a lady, but people say she’s accomplished.
我还从没听说过哪位小姐不被称为多才多艺的
The word is applied too liberally.
这个词被过于滥用了
I do not know more half a dozen women that are truly accomplished.
我认识的真正称得上多才多艺的女士不超过6个
Nor I.
我也是
Goodness, you must comprehend a great deal in the idea.
天哪 你对这个概念一定深有体会
I do. Absolutely.
是的 绝对
She must have a knowledge of music, singing, drawing, dancing
她必须通晓音乐 歌唱 绘画 跳舞
and the modern languages to deserve the word.
以及现代语言 才称得上多才多艺
And something in her air and manner of walking.
还有言谈举止
And she must improve her mind by extensive reading.
她必须通过广泛的阅读来扩展自身视野
I’m no longer surprised at your knowing only six accomplished women.
难怪你只认识6位多才多艺的女士了
I wonder at you knowing any.
我甚至怀疑你一位都不认识
Are you so severe on your own sex?
你对同性的要求这么严格的吗?
I never saw such a woman.
我从没见过这样的女士
She would certainly be a fearsome thing to behold.
这样的女士一定令人望而生畏
Miss Elizabeth, let us take a turn about the room.
伊丽莎白小姐 我们在房间里随便走走吧
It’s refreshing, is it not,
这很提神 不是吗
after sitting so long in one attitude?
坐了那么久 走动一下可以提提精神
It is a small kind of accomplishment, I suppose.
我想这也是种小技艺吧
Will you not join us, Mr Darcy?
你不和我们一起走走吗 达西先生?
You can only have two motives,
你们的动机不外乎两种
and I would interfere with either.
但我若是一起走的话就有碍于你们
What can he mean?
他这是什么意思?
The surest way to disappoint him would be to ask him nothing.
要让他失望的话 最好就是什么也别问他
Do tell us, Mr Darcy.
一定要告诉我们 达西先生
Either you are in each other’s confidence
要么就是 你们俩是心腹之交
and you have secret affairs to discuss,
有些私事要聊聊
or you are conscious that your figures
要么就是你们自以为散起步来
appear to the greatest advantage by walking.
体态特别优美 所以要散散步

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!