What is that? What?
那是什么声音? 什么?
Maybe he’s changed his mind.
也许他改变了主意
Coming!
来啦!
Yes?
哪位?
Lady Catherine.
凯瑟琳夫人
The rest of your offspring, I presume?
我想这些就是你其余的孩子们了?
All but one. The youngest has been lately married, your Ladyship.
还有一个不在 最小的女儿最近出嫁了
My eldest was proposed to only this afternoon.
大女儿下午刚刚订婚
You have a very small garden.
你们这儿还有个小花园呢
Could I offer you a cup of tea?
要不要给你倒杯茶?
Absolutely not. I need to speak to Miss Elizabeth Bennet alone.
不必了 我要和伊丽莎白·班纳特单独交谈一会
As a matter of urgency.
有件要紧的事情
You can be at no loss to understand why I am here.
你一定不会不知道我为什么来吧
I cannot account for this honour at all.
我完全不明白怎么会当得起你亲自上门这份荣耀
I warn you, I am not to be trifled with.
我警告你 我是决不肯让人家来跟我开玩笑的
A most alarming report has reached me.
我听到一个极其惊人的消息
That you intend to be united with my nephew, Mr Darcy.
你试图攀上我的侄儿达西先生
I know this to be a falsehood.
虽然我明知这是无稽之谈
Though not wishing to
虽然我不会那样看不起他
injure him by supposing it possible,
以为他真会看上你
I instantly set off to make my sentiments known.
我还是立即过来这里 向你表明我的态度
If you believed it impossible, I wonder that you came so far.
你既然认为不可能 又何必大老远跑来
To hear it contradicted.
我是想亲耳听到这则消息是假的
Your coming will be a confirmation
如果外界真有这种流言
if such a report exists.
那么你的来访只会令流言弄假成真
If? You pretend to be ignorant of it?
如果? 你假装对此事一无所知?
Has it not been industriously circulated by yourself?
难道这不是你自己拼命传出去的吗?
I have never heard of it.
我从来没有听说过
Can you declare there is no foundation for it?
你能保证这次是空穴来风?
I do not pretend to possess equal frankness with your Ladyship.
我并不打算装得像你老人家一样坦白
You may ask a question
你可以问
which I may choose not to answer.
但我有权利选择回答或者不回答
Has my nephew made you an offer of marriage?
我的侄子究竟向你求过婚没有?
Your Ladyship has declared it to be impossible.
你老人家自己刚刚还说过这绝不可能
Mr Darcy is engaged to my daughter.
达西先生早跟我的女儿订过婚了
Now what have you to say?
好吧 你还有什么话要说?
If that is the case, you cannot suppose he would make an offer to me.
如果当真如此 那你就没有理由认为他会向我求婚
You selfish girl. This union has been planned since their infancy.
你真是自私 这门婚事是从他们小时候就定下来的
Do you think it can be prevented by a young woman of inferior birth
你以为出身卑贱的你能够从中作梗?
whose own sister’s elopement
何况你妹妹与人私奔
resulted in a scandalously patched up marriage
靠舅舅出钱资助
only achieved at the expense of your uncle.
才勉强结成了一门可耻不堪的婚事
Heaven and Earth!
我的上帝啊!
Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?
难道彭伯里就要这样被你们这些人玷污么?
Tell me once and for all, are you engaged to him?
爽爽快快告诉我 你究竟跟他订婚了没有?
I am not.
没有
Will you promise never to enter into such an engagement?
你愿意答应我 永远不跟他订婚吗?
I will not and I certainly never shall.
我不会答应你 我当然永远不答应
You have insulted me in every possible way
你把我侮辱得够了
and can now have nothing further to say.
我不想再讲了
I must ask you to leave immediately.
你现在马上给我离开
Goodnight.
晚安
I have never been thus treated in my entire life!
我一辈子都没有被这样对待过!
What is going on? Just a small misunderstanding.
发生什么事情了? 只是个小小的误会
For once in your life, leave me alone!
求求你们 让我一个人静一下!
I couldn’t sleep. Nor I. My aunt…
我睡不着 我也是 我姑妈…
Yes, she was here.
是的 她昨晚来过
How can I ever make amends for such behaviour?
我真希望我可以为昨晚的事情做出补偿?
After what you’ve done for Lydia
经过丽迪雅的事情后
and, I suspect, for Jane, it is I who should be making amends.
还有吉英的事情 我想做补偿的人应该是我
You must know.
你得知道
Surely you must know it was all for you.
你一定得知道 我做这一切都是为了你
You are too generous to trifle with me.
你是个爽快的人 绝不会开我的玩笑
You spoke with my aunt last night and it has taught me to hope
昨做你与我姑妈的谈话 倒让我觉得事情有了希望
as I’d scarcely allowed myself before.
以前我几乎不敢奢望
If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once.
请你老实告诉我 你的心情是否还和四月里一样
My affections and wishes have not changed.
我的心愿和情感依然如旧
But one word from you will silence me for ever.
只要你说一句话 我便再也不提这桩事
If, however, your feelings have changed…
如果 你的感觉有所改变的话…
I would have to tell you,
…我想告诉你 …
you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love…
你把我的躯体和灵魂都占据了 我爱…
I love… I love you.
我爱…我爱你
I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.
从今天起我不想与你分开
Well, then.

Your hands are cold.
你的手好冷
Shut the door, please.
请关门
Lizzie, are you out of your senses? I thought you hated the man.
你疯了吗? 我以为你讨厌那个人
No, Papa. He is rich, to be sure.
不 爸爸 他当然有的是钱 那是肯定的
And you will have more fine carriages than Jane.
可以使你的马车比吉英的更加豪华
But will that make you happy?
难道这就会使你幸福吗?
Have you no other objection
你认为我对他并没有感情
than your belief in my indifference?
除此以外 你还有别的反对意见吗?
None at all.
一点没有
We all know him to be a proud, unpleasant sort of fellow.
我们都知道他是傲慢而不易亲近的人
But this would be nothing if you liked him.
不过 只要你真正喜欢他 这也无关紧要
I do like him.
我真的喜欢他
I love him.
我爱他
He’s not proud. I was wrong.
他不傲慢. 我是错的
I was entirely wrong about him.
我以前对他的看法是完全错的
You don’t know him, Papa. If I told you what he was really like,
你不了解他 爸爸 如果我告诉你他真正的一面
what he’s done…
他做的事情…
What has he done?
他做了什么?
But she doesn’t like him. I thought she didn’t like him.
但她不喜欢他 我以为她不喜欢他
So did I. So did we all.
我也是这样想 我们以前都这样认为的
We must have been wrong.
我们都错了
It won’t be the first time, will it?
这也不是第一次吧?
No, nor the last, I dare say.
不 我敢说 也不会是最后一次
Good Lord.
我的天
I must pay him back. No.
我必须要偿还他 不
You mustn’t tell anyone. He wouldn’t want it.
你不能告诉其他人 他不希望那样
We misjudged him, Papa.
我们误解他了 爸爸
Me more than anyone. In every way.
我对他的误解比你们都深 都深
Not just in this matter.
并不只是这件事
I’ve been nonsensical.
我真是愚昧无知
But he’s been a fool about Jane,
但在吉英的事情上 他就像个蠢蛋一样
about so many other things.
对很多事都是这样
But then, so have I.
但是 我也是一样
You see, he and I are…
你知道的 他和我…
He and I are so similar.
他和我挺像的
We’re both so stubborn.
我们两个的性格都很固执
Papa, I…
爸爸 我…
You really do love him, don’t you?
你真的是很爱他 不是吗?
Very much.
非常爱
I cannot believe that anyone can deserve you.
我真不敢相信有人会配得上你
But it seems I am overruled.
现在看起来 是我看错了
So I heartily give my consent.
我衷心地祝福你们
I could not have parted with you, my Lizzie, to anyone less worthy.
我是不想把你随便嫁给别人 我的伊丽莎白
Thank you.
谢谢你
If any young men come for Mary or Kitty,
如果有其他年轻的小伙子来找曼丽或者吉蒂
for heaven’s sake, send them in.
看在老天的份上 让他们进来吧
I’m quite at my leisure.
我现在的生活可真是清闲
N下面的字幕感谢www.silu.info雪还是白的提供
***谢谢收看***
How are you this evening, my dear?
你睡得好吗? 亲爱的?
Very well.
非常好
Only I wish you would not call me “my dear”. Why?
希望你别再叫我”亲爱的”了 为什么?
Because it’s what my father always calls my mother when he’s cross about something.
因为每当我父亲生气时才会如此称呼我母亲
What endearments am I allowed?
那我可以怎么称呼你呢?
Well let me think…
哦 让我想想看
Lizzie” for everyday
寻常日子叫我”丽兹” ”
My Pearl” for Sundays
星期天可以叫我”小傻瓜” ”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!