Hi. Hi. Please sit.
你好 你好 请坐
Excuse me.
失陪一下
Where are you going? I’m going to the ladies’ room.
你要到哪去 我想去卫生间
Upstairs, to the right. Okay. Excuse me.
在楼上 向右拐 好的 失陪
Shall I order for you? Yeah.
要我替你点菜吗 要
Please do so. Thank you. I’ll do that.
请替我点菜 谢谢你 我会的
Mr Lewis, my grandfather believes…
我祖父相信公♥司♥的命运…
the men who create a company should control its destiny.
该由它的创办者来掌握
Where’s the salad?
色拉在哪
Oh, the salad comes at the end of the meal. But that’s the fork I knew.
最后上的才是色拉 可是我只知道吃色拉的叉子
Let me, uh, put it another way.
让我换种方式来说吧
Between your public statements and the rumours flying around on this thing,
你关于这件事公开的表示 与满天飞的谣言大不相同
we find it very hard to figure out what your real intentions are.
我们很难了解你真正的打算
I don’t know about you, but I’ve never been able to figure which goes with what.
我不知道你怎么祥 可我从来就搞不清楚用哪个
You know, there was a time when we built ships the size of cities.
以前我祖父曾造过像城市那么大的轮船
Men like my grandfather made this country.
人们认为我祖父 对这个国家是有贡献的
Who ordered this? The gentleman did, ma’am. Bon appoeit.
这是谁点的 是这位先生替你点的
These are escargot. It’s French for snails. It’s a delicacy. Try it.
这是法国食用蜗牛 非常好吃 你尝尝
David. Mr Lewis, if you were to get control…
戴维 如由你控制公♥司♥…
and I don’t think you will… but if you did,
当然我不认为你会这样做 可如果由你控制…
what do you plan to do with the company?
你打算对这公♥司♥做什么?
Break it up and sell off the pieces.
把它拆开然后零卖♥♥出去
I’m sure you understand I’m not thrilled at the idea…
我肯定你会理解 我对这种想法有多气愤…
of your turning 40 years of my work into your garage sale.
竟要把我四十年的心血 像卖♥♥旧货一样清♥仓♥处理
At the price I’m paying for this stock, Mr Morse, you are going to be a very rich man.
按照我给你的价格 摩西先生 你会成为一个非常富有的人
I’m rich enough. I just wanna have my shipyard.
我已经够富有了 我只想管理我的造船厂
Slippery little suckers.
这蜗牛太光滑了
It happens all the time.
常常会发生这种事
I met your father. What’s his name?
我见过你父亲 他叫什么名字来着?
Carter. Yeah. Carter. Carter Lewis.
卡特 对 卡特 卡特·路易斯
He’s not quite the bastard everybody says he is.
他并不像人们认为的 那样不择手段
No, I have the franchise on that. Does that make him proud?
真有本事的是我 不是他 他一定为你感到自豪吧?
I doubt it.
我想他不
It doesn’t really matter now. He passed away.
但也无关紧要了 他去世了
I hadn’t heard. I’m sorry. I’m sorry too.
我还没听说 我很遗憾 我也遗憾
Mr Morse, you asked for this meeting. What can I do for you?
摩西先生 这次会见是您要求的 您想让我为您做什么?
Leave my company alone! I can’t do that. I own ten million shares.
别管我公♥司♥的事 我做不到 我有一千万股您公♥司♥的股票
I’ll buy your stock back. You don’t have the money.
我会把你的股票买♥♥回来 你没有那么多钱
We will. We’re getting a contract to build ten destroyers.
我们马上就要签一个 建造10艘驱逐舰的合同
There will be no contract. The contract is now buried in Appropriations Committee and it will remain there.
不会有合同 它现在埋在拨款委员会的文件堆里 不见天日
And how the hell do you pull something like that? What, you got a…
你究竟捣了什么鬼 你到底干了什么…
You got dirty politicians in your pockets now or something? Easy, easy, easy.
你把那些肮脏的政客 玩弄于股掌之上吗? 别急
Calm down. Calm down, David. Mr Lewis plays hardball. Yes. Yes, I do.
冷静点 戴维 路易斯先生要玩真的了 是的
I’ve heard enough of this. Vivian, it was a great pleasure to meet you.
我已经听够了 薇薇安 很高兴能认识你
I’m sorry, Grandfather. I’ve got to get some air. Mr Lewis.
对不起爷爷 我必须去呼吸点新鲜空气 路易斯先生
I better join my grandson.
我最好去看看我的孙子
You two enjoy your dinner. I’m sure it’ll be delicious. Good luck, miss.
你们两个自己吃吧 我肯定味道很好 祝你好运 小姐
Watch out, Lewis. I’m gonna tear you apart.
小心点 路易斯 我会把你撕成碎片
I look forward to it, sir.
我就盼着呢
Edward?
爱德华
Edward, you said you never come out here.
爱德华 你说过你从不到这来
Well, I’m only halfway out.
我只出来了一半
You didn’t say much in the car on the way home.
回来的路上你一直没说话
You thinking about dinner? I was a maniac.
你还想晚餐的事 我真蠢
I mean, the business was good, I think, you know?
这生意不错 我这么看
He’s in trouble. You want his company.
他遇到了麻烦 你想要他的公♥司♥
He doesn’t wanna let it go. Thanks for the recap.
而他不想把公♥司♥让出去 感谢你的总结
Problem is, I think you like Mr Morse.
现在的问题是 我猜你喜欢摩西先生
What I would like is for you to get down from there. You’re making me very nervous.
你现在希望你赶紧下来 你坐在那使我紧张
Please, come down. It’s making you nervous?
快下来 我使你紧张?
What if I just lean back a little bit like this?
如果我再往后靠一点呢?
Would you… Would you rescue me if I fell? Vivian, I’m serious.
如果我真掉下去 你会救我吗? 薇薇安 说正经的
Come…I’m not looking. It’s really high. Look. No hands. No hands!
下来…我不看 这真的很高 瞧呀 我没扶!
Okay. All right. I’m sorry.
好吧 就这样 对不起
The truth is,
事实是
it really is totally irrelevant whether I like this man or not.
整个事情跟我是不是喜欢这个人无关
I will not let myself become emotionally involved in business.
我不会让感情上的东西 掺杂到生意里去的
I know. Kit’s always saying to me,
我懂 凯特一直告戒我
“Don’t get emotional when you turn tricks.”
与人作♥爱♥别掺杂感情
That’s why no kissing. It’s too personal.
这就是我不接吻的原因
It’s like what you’re saying. You stay numb, you don’t get involved.
就像你刚刚说的 要使自己麻木 别让感情牵涉进去
When I’m with a guy, I’m like a robot. I just do it.
当我跟嫖♥客♥在一起时 我就像个机器人 我做就是了
Well, I mean, except with you. Of course not with me.
我说的不包括你 当然不包括我
You and I are such similar creatures, Vivian.
你和我 我们俩真的是很相像 薇薇安
We both screw people for money.
我们都靠毁掉别人挣钱
I was sorry to hear about your dad.
你父亲的事我很难过
When did he die? Last month.
他是什么时候死的? 上个月
Do you miss him?
你想念他吗?
I hadn’t spoken to him in 14 and a half years.
我已经有十四年半 没有和他说过话了
I wasn’t there when he died.
他死的时候我不在
Do you wanna talk about this? No.
你想谈谈这件事吗? 不
Well, I’ll tell ya what. ‘Cause I got an idea.
我告诉你吧 我想到一个主意
Let’s watch old movies all night.
咱们看通宵老电影
We’ll just veg out in front of the TV.
咱们在电视前体验 一种简单的生活
Veg out? Yeah. Be still like vegetables. Lay like broccoli.
简单? 是啊 完全的放松 什么都不去想
Look, I’ll tell you what. I’ll be back. We’ll do broccoli tomorrow.
我想出去一下 我一会就回来 我们明天再放松吧
Where are you going? I’m going downstairs for a while.
你这个时候要到哪去? 我想到楼下去呆一会
Did you say “marriage licence”? Now don’t change the subject.
你是说结婚证书吗? 你不要改变话题嘛
Oh, I love you, Adam Alex Bider Bryan, whatever your name is!
我爱你 亚当 亚历山大 不管你叫什么
Oh, I love you.
我都爱你
Hi, uh, I’m in the penthouse. The guy that was here, Mr Lewis?
我是住顶层套房♥的 住在这的路易斯先生
Have you seen him down there anywhere?
你看见他去哪了吗?
Thank you. Thank you very much.
谢谢你们 非常感谢
I didn’t know you played. I only play for strangers.
我不知道你还会弹钢琴 我只为陌生人♥弹♥
I was getting lonely upstairs all by myself.
我一个人呆在楼上很寂寞
Gentlemen, would you mind leaving us, please?
先生们 请让我们单独呆在这好吗?
Thank you.
谢谢你们
People always do what you tell them to do?
人们是不是总是听你的?
I guess so.
我猜是的
Wake up. Time to shop.
快醒醒 该去买♥♥东西了
Now, if you have any trouble using this card, have ’em call the hotel. All right?
如果你不会使用这个信♥用♥卡♥ 就让他们给饭店打电♥话♥
Oh, more shopping. Mmhmm.
还要去买♥♥东西 嗯
I’m surprised you didn’t buy more than one dress yesterday.
我很惊讶 你昨天只买♥♥了一件衣服
It wasn’t as much fun as I thought it was gonna be.
买♥♥衣服根本不像我想的那么高兴
Why not? They were mean to me.
为什么? 她们对我很坏
Mean to you?
对你很坏?
People are looking at me. They’re not looking at you. They’re looking at me.
人们老是看我 他们看的不是你 是我
The stores are not nice to people. I don’t like it.
那些商店对人不好 我不喜欢他们
Stores are never nice to people. They’re nice to credit cards.
商店从来对人都不好 他们只对信♥用♥卡♥好
Okay. Stop fidgeting.
别总是坐立不安的样子
All right. Get rid of your gum.
好吧 把你的口香糖吐出来
I don’t believe you did that.
我真不敢相信 你竟然会那样做
Yes? I am Mr Hollister, the manager. May I help you?
你好 我是这儿的经理 我能帮什么忙吗?
Edward Lewis. Ah. Yes, sir.
我叫爱德华·路易斯 是 先生
You see this young lady over here? Yes.
你看这有位年轻的女士 是的
Do you have anything in this shop as beautiful as she is?
你们这个店里有像她 一样漂亮的东西吗?
Oh, yes. Oh, no.
是的 不
No, no, no. I’m saying we have many things as beautiful as she would want them to be.
不不不 我是说 我们这有许多和这位美丽的女士相配的东西
That’s the point I was getting at, and I think we can all agree with that.
这就是我实际上想要说的
That’s why when you came in here, you knew from the first… Excuse me. You know what we’re gonna need here?
您在我们这一定会发现您想要的东西… 你知道我们现在需要什么吗?
We’re gonna need a few more people helping us out. I’ll tell you why.
我们需要的是再多来些人 帮助我们
We are going to be spending an obscene amount of money in here.
我们要在这花上一大笔钱
So we’re gonna need a lot more help sucking up to us, ’cause that’s what we really like.
所以 我们需要很多的人手来协助我们挑选
You understand me. Oh. Sir, if I may say so,
这就是我们所需要的 先生 要想花钱
you’re in the right store, and the right city, for that matter.
您到这城市 到我们店里来 您真的是来对地方了
Anything you see here, we can do, by the way.
我们店里可以说是应有尽有
Get ready to have some fun, okay? Okay.
您一定会非常非常满意的 好
Mary Pat, Mary Kate, Mary Francis, Tovah. Let’s see it. Come on.
玛丽·帕特 玛丽·凯特 玛丽·弗朗西斯 你们都快过来 过来
Pick it up, girls. Oh, this is absolutely divine! You’re doing great, but you…
把衣服拿过来 太强了 太棒了 但…
Excuse me, sir. Uh… Yeah.
打扰 先生… 什么