It’s a dead-end for anybody with ambition.
对任何有野心的人而言
是死胡同
那么你怎么做?
让最糟的检察官办最难的案子
So, what do you do? You get the worst
attorneys trying the hardest cases?
听听这个?
办公室又来了个理想主义者!
RAYMOND: Whoa, ha, ha. Listen to this.
We got another idealist in the office.
他才五岁
CAROLYN:
He’s 5 years old.
医生发现旧伤口缝了25针
The doctors found 23 healed fractures
from old wounds.
他亲爱的母亲的受害人
Victim of his own beloved mother.
我需要你的协助
I need your help.
你太太打电♥话♥来
EUGENIA:
Your wife called.
你为何不开除她?
Why don’t you fire her?
书♥记♥官,他们永远在这里
Civil service. They’re here forever.
你把这个给南西
Why don’t you give this to Nancy.
You haven’t had much experience with kids.
你对小孩子没有那么多的经验
南西没有空
Nancy’s not available.
而且我想亲自试试这个案子
And, besides,
I’d like to try this case myself.
在你的协助下
With your help.
摘要给我听
Outline it for me.
约一个月前
About a month ago…
他母亲带他到
西区分栋医院急诊
…the mother brought him
into the hospital emergency room.
那孩子因数处头部外伤
昏迷不醒
The boy was unconscious
from severe head injuries.
她说他跌跤了
She said he fell.
医生说那伤痕太相称
The doctor says the head wounds were
too symmetrical to be the result of a fall.
而不可能是摔倒造成的
他告诉我
He told me…
他医疗的小孩是被孩子的妈
用固定夹所弄伤的头
…he was treating a child whose mother
had crushed his head in a vise.
我们有任何证据是孩子的妈吗
We have any proof it was the mother?
We got the vise?
你找到固定夹了吗?
只有孩子的证词
Just the testimony of the child.
他在法庭内看到母亲时会翻供
When he sees the mother,
he’ll likely recant.
你有的只是个假如的案子
You got a very iffy case here.
我去看他好几次了
I’ve examined him several times,
and I think he’s begun to trust me.
而我认为他已开始信任我
我们一年处理几件虐待儿童案
Look, how many child abuse cases
does this office handle in a year?
超过一千件
Over a thousand.
每一件都可怕极了
Every one of them terrible.
每一件都令人心碎
Every one of them heartbreaking.
但我不能停下这办公室的一切
I can’t stop everything else
that’s going on to take care of one case.
只为了去解决一件案子
你必须另找别人去帮你
You’re gonna have to get somebody else
to help you.
你不喜欢我,对吧?
You don’t like me, do you?
我认为你能成为
一位很好的检察官
You’ve turned out to be
a damn good prosecutor.
当雷蒙聘用我时,你非常火大
You were pissed off
when Raymond hired me.
因我没像其他人一般
按步就班来
I didn’t go through
the channels like everybody else.
显然的你不像是其他的人
Clearly, you’re not like everyone else.
你认为我得到这份工作
是因我和雷菉的朋友
上♥床♥的关系
You think I got this job because I fucked
some fat-cat friend of Raymond’s.
听着,时候不早了
Look, it’s late.
来吧!我开车送你去搭渡轮
Come on, I’ll drive you to your ferry.
这不是去渡轮的路
RUSTY:
This is not the way to the ferry.
我要你去看一个人
CAROLYN:
I wanted you to meet somebody.
兰道,这位是罗斯提沙♥比♥其
Wendell, this is Rusty Sabich.
他是我办公室里的要人
He’s a very important man in our office.
当我们上法庭时他要帮我
And he’s gonna help me
when we go to court.
还记得我告诉你
有关法庭的事吗
Remember what I told you about court?
记得
Yes.
那么告诉我
Now, tell me.
有位法官还有一些好人
There’s a judge and some nice people.
他们称为陪审团
They’re called a jury.
而你要问我问题
And you’re gonna ask me questions.
关于那方面?
CAROLYN:
About what?
关于发生了什么事?
WENDELL:
About what happened.
何时的事?
CAROLYN:
When?
当我受伤的时候
WENDELL:
When I got hurt.
我还告诉过你些什么?
What else did I tell you about?
你说若我告诉你妈咪所做的事
You said that if I told what Mommy did…
法官及那些好人会保护我
…the judge and the nice people
will protect me…
那么妈咪就不能再伤害我了
-That’s right.
-…and Mommy wouldn’t hurt me anymore.
你认为你办得到吗?
Do you think you can do that?
在法庭中回答我的问题
Answer my questions in court…
并说出来妈咪对你做了什么
…and tell what Mommy did to you?
我认为你做得到
I think you can.
妈咪会在那里
Mommy will be there.
她不能伤害你
她甚至不能跟你说话
She can’t hurt you.
She can’t even talk to you.
你会完全的安全
You’ll be completely safe.
你保证?
You promise?
我保证
I promise.
他的父亲昨晩去找他
His father got to him last night.
告诉他若他作证对他母亲不利
那他会下地狱
He told him God
would put him in hell if he testified.
他吓壤了
He’s terrified.
若是你没把握
就向法官多要求几天
If you’re not ready,
we’ll ask the judge for a couple more days.
不,我们必须现在做
No.
否则我们就永远失去他了
We’ve gotta do it now
or we’re gonna lose him.
你妈因为你受伤而带你去医院
Your mommy took you to the hospital
because you were hurt.
你身体那一部分受了伤?
What part of you was hurt?
我的头
My head.
它怎么受的伤?
How was it hurt?
兰道,你如何弄伤你的头?
Wendell, how did you hurt your head?
我不记得了
WENDELL:
I don’t remember.
兰道
Wendell, have you ever seen this?
你见过这东西吗?
见过
Yes.
在那见过?
Where?
地下室家里?
-In the cellar.
-At home?
是的
WENDELL:
Yes.
是否有人把你的头
放在它的中间
CAROLYN:
Did somebody put your head inside it?
兰道
Wendell?
当有人把你的头放进固定夹时
你会说什么?
What did you say when somebody
put your head in the vise?
你说过当你的头
被放进固定夹时你大叫
You told me you screamed
when your head was put in the vise.
记得吗?
Remember?
你告诉过我
You told me.
我保证我会当乖孩子
WENDELL:
“I promise I’ll be a good boy.
我会当个乖孩子
I’ll be a good boy.”
有人回答吗?
And did somebody answer?
妈咪!妈咪说我是坏孩子
Mommy.
而且我该死!
Mommy said I was a bad boy
and I deserved to die.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!