In order to protect our nation’s citizens,
对于政♥府♥的某些所作所为
it’s important we keep
保密是很重要的
certain government operations confidential.
你不同意吗
Wouldn’t you agree?
同意 先生
Yes, sir.
我为一些初衷不是为了
I work for an organization whose primary purpose
太空旅行的组织工作
is not space travel.
而它是不道德的
It’s reshaping wrongdoings.
我们利用太空集团 在人群中
We use Space Corp, among others,
作为一种手段找到那些特别的人
as a means of finding people who are special.
他们就是你称作征募新兵的机构
They are what you might call a recruitment agency.
我不明白
I don’t understand.
征募新兵机构的目的是什么
A recruitment agency for what?
寻找具有超常的能力的人
For people with exceptional abilities.
像你这样的人
People like yourself.
却没有家庭
People without families.
没有相公 娘子和孩儿
Without husbands and wives and children.
没有过去
No past.
没有同未来的联♥系♥
No ties to the future.
如你所见 我们的工作也已完成
You see, the work we do is complicated
需要雇员具有
and it requires employees with
高级机动的技术 出色的记忆
advanced motor skills, remarkable memories.
这是一个为了最好最牛比的人的工作
It’s a job for the best and the brightest.
为了精英
For the elite.
精英
The elite?
我无法相信
I couldn’t believe it.
貌似我有个大好前程似的
Seemed like I had a bright future ahead of me.
我却不明白这份工作意味着什么
I didn’t really understand what the job meant.
他们非常隐蔽和秘密 但
They were very covert and secretive but
我知道它将给我更好的生活
I knew it would change my life for the better.
并且他们不再有处♥女♥情结
And they didn’t insist on virgins.
他们与太空集团不同
They were different to Space Corp.
直到我裙子变紧我才意识到我的未来完蛋了
It wasn’t until my skirts got tight that I realized my future was over.
你怀孕了
You were pregnant?
是的 你不知道
Yeah, wouldn’t you know it?
高富帅离我而去 丢我一人在这吹冷空气
My mystery man had left me with more than just a broken heart.
说好的明亮未来呢 精英女孩呢
So that bright future, that girl who was elite?
她走了
She was gone.
我再也没见过罗伯逊先生
And I never saw Mr. Robertson again.
无路可退时 我到了一家慈善病房♥
With nowhere to go I landed in a charity ward
被其他各种大肚婆和小跑夜壶环绕
surrounded by other big bellies and trotted bedpans
终于轮到我了
until my time came.
我从未如此孤独
I never felt so alone.
一天夜里我发现我在手术台上 而一个护士对我说…
One night I found myself on an operating table with a nurse saying…
放松 简 放松
Relax, Jane. Relax.
现在请深呼吸
Now breathe deeply.
你赶脚如何
How do you feel?
忒累了
Tired.
这很正常
That’s natural.
破腹产很困难
A cesarean can be difficult.
你度过了危机
You pulled through fine.
破腹产 医生 我的小苹果还好吗
A cesarean? Doctor, is my baby okay?
你的宝贝很好
Your baby’s fine.
男的女的
Is it a boy or a girl?
是个健康的小女孩
It’s a healthy little girl.
7磅3盎司
Seven pounds three ounces.
你知道这样…
You know it’s something…
…生小孩
…to have made a baby.
我记得我得加个允许”女士”条例
I remember thinking I would tack on the admission form “Mrs.”
告诉他他爹挂了
Let her think her papa was dead.
没有孤儿院接收我小孩
No orphanage for my kid.
但是外科医生仍在聊天
But then the surgeon kept talking.
这是嘛玩意 医生
What is it, Doctor?
你丫之前有没有彻底检查过
Have you ever had a thorough examination before?
是的
Yes.
医生告诉你什么
What’d the doctors tell you?
啥也没有
Nothing.
我认为一切都很好
I thought everything was fine.
所以没有医生告诉过你
So no doctor’s ever told you that
你身体内部构造
your internal set up
与大多数人不同
was different than most?
没有
No.
你们在说啥
What are you talking about?
为什么
Why?
你没听那个苏格兰医师说吗
Did you ever hear about that Scottish physician?
她35岁前是个女的
She lived as a female till she was 35,
然后她接受手术变成法律和医学上的男人了
and then she had surgery and became legally and medically a man?
她结婚了 一切都很好
She got married. Everything was okay.
打算对我怎么做
What’s that got to do with me?
当我们在实施手术时 我们发现一些非常独特的地方
When we performed your operation we found something very unique.
实际是一种
One of a kind, actually.
在我成功取出你小孩后 也即主要外科手术
After I successfully removed your baby I called for the Chief of Surgery.
我们磋商和工作了数小时
We held consultation and we worked for hours
力所能及把你重构
to reconstruct you the best we could.
重构
Reconstruct?
你有两种器官 简
You had two full sets of organs, Jane.
女人和男人的
Female and male.
两者都不成熟
Both immature
但是女性器官
but the female set
很好地成长 使你可以有小孩
well enough developed for you to have a baby.
但是恐怕 亲
But I’m afraid, my dear,
过量的生育出血
the excessive bleeding from the birth
逼着我们进行了子♥宫♥切除
forced us to perform a hysterectomy.
我们不得不阉了你的女性卵巢和子♥宫♥
We had to remove your ovaries and uterus.
你在说什么
What are you saying?
但是至于重构
But the reconstruction
允许我们创建一个男性泌尿系统
allowed us to create a male urinary tract.
进一步外科手术还会继续
Further surgeries will be required.
变成男的
To become a man?
你坑爹啊
Is this some kind of joke?
我想我没坑爹
I’m afraid it’s not.
你还年轻
You’re young.
你的骨骼将会重新适应
Your bones will readjust.
我们将监控你的荷尔蒙平衡
We’ll watch your hormonal balance.
这不是宣告死亡
It’s not a death sentence.
你的生活可以继续
Your life can continue.
你是俺这辈子见过的最吊炸天的事情
You’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me.
你想过名字吗
Have you thought of a name yet?
额 我正在想简
Well, I was thinking of Jane,
在她母亲以后
after her mother.
我想这是为了在家里留存英名的一种方式
I guess it was a way of keeping the name in the family.
毕竟 我知道最终我将改变我自己的
After all, I knew eventually I would have to change mine.
这是个好名字
That’s a good name.
我的感受变成了冷酷的决心
My feelings changed to cold determination.
我得做些对我的宝贝简一些的好事
I had to do right by my baby Jane.
但是两周后 什么也不是了
But two weeks later that didn’t mean anything.
为啥
Why?
他被夺走了
She was snatched.
-夺走了 -是的
-Snatched? -Yeah.
“夺走了” 你啥意思啊
What do you mean “snatched”?
就是拐走了
Kidnapped.
从该死的医院护士病房♥被偷走了
Stolen from the goddamn hospital nursery.
我意思是那个男人是怎么来把弄走的
I mean how’s that for taking the last a man’s got to live for?
当护士背过身 有个人走进来
When the nurse had her back turned, someone walked in
并且带着她走出去
and walked out with her.
没有任何线索
Were there any clues?
抑或是任何描述
Any description?
就一男的
Just a man.
脸型嘛
With a face-shaped face.
像你或者像我这种
Like yours or mine.
不 不