我需要在乎什么吗
What do I care?
-我杞人忧天了 -好吧
-I got more important shit to worry about. -All right.
好吧 你真是碉堡了 你知道的
Well, you’re a big deal, you know.
你有很重要的事情做 对吗
You got important things to do, right?
你是做什么的
What do you do?
我做我需要做的
Whatever I have to.
好吧 说实话 现如今混口饭吃不容易
Yeah, well it’s tough making a living, that’s for sure.
你有什么困难
What do you know about tough?
和旁边那哥们一样困难 我想
As much as the next guy, I guess.
像一个未婚老妈一样困难
How about as much as an unmarried mother?
几个意思
What does that mean?
我写忏悔书的 四美分一个单词
Four cents a word, I write confession stories.
“未婚老妈”是我笔名
“The Unmarried Mother” is my pen name.
你没耍我
Are you serious?
是啊
Yeah.
额 好吧
Right. Right!
那你生意如何
How’s business?
生意还凑合 我有一个周刊专栏
Business is okay. I have a weekly column.
我写 他们打印 我靠这个吃饭
I write them, they print them, I eat.
是吗
Right?
-啥 你读过我的文章 -是的
-What, you read my work? -Yeah, yeah.
把你吓着了
Does that surprise you?
-是的 一点点吧 -为什么
-Yeah, a little. -Why?
你不符合样本
You don’t fit the demo.
样本
The demo?
-人口统计学样本 -是的 是的
-The demographic. -Right. Right.
你知道 那些想感觉好受一些的离婚女
You know, broken women who want to feel better
通过读一些纸上写着的
about their pitiful lives by reading
悲惨故事或者背叛的经历
hard luck stories of heartbreak and betrayal
来慰藉心灵 这些光滑的书页
spewed across the glossy pages
只是25美分的纸浆烂泥
of 25 cent pulp sludge.
是的 没错
Yeah, exactly.
好吧 额 你不觉得你现在生活有点苦逼
Yeah, well you’re being a little hard on yourself, don’t you think?
真是一团糟
It’s garbage.
我想我有些讲故事的天赋 但是我和谁开玩笑呢
I thought I had some talent telling stories but who am I kidding?
我意思是 你告诉我 你已经读过他们了
I mean, you tell me. You’ve read them.
我得承认我只读过一点点
I have to admit I’ve had a few
黑夜里 当我以一点点女性的视角
dark nights when I’ve looked to you for a little
来看你
insight into the feminine mind.
你知道 对我而言你就像女性视角的一个热门产品
You know, it seems to me you’ve got a real hit on the woman’s angle.
-女人的角度 -是的
-Woman’s angle? -Yeah.
是的 我知道女性视角
Yeah, I know the woman’s angle.
我应该是的
I should.
为什么 你结婚了 你有妹妹么
Why, you married? You got sisters?
如果我告诉你 你不会相信的
You wouldn’t believe me if I told you.
这个工作告诉我一件事
The one thing that this job has taught me
就是真♥相♥比虚构要奇怪得多
is that truth is stranger than fiction.
我听过一些难以置信的玩意
I have heard some incredible shit.
没有什么能让我大吃一惊的
Nothing astonishes me anymore.
你不知道难以置信意味着什么
You don’t know what incredible means.
是吗 好 来 试试看
Yeah? Well, try me.
就是这样 我明白了
Here you go. I got that.
忘了它吧 哥们 我不会告诉你的
Forget it, man. I’m not telling you.
你害怕它不够好
You’re scared it’s not good enough.
-你觉得这个管用吗 -是的
-You think that’ll work? -Yeah.
我们是什么 12岁小孩吗
What are we, 12?
来吧
Come on.
我赌你那瓶剩下的酒 我这有你从未听过的最劲爆的故事
Bet you the rest of that bottle I got the best story you ever heard.
赌一整瓶
Bet you a full bottle.
你说什么
What do you say?
如果我输了呢
If I lose?
仅仅给20美分的小费
Just add a 20 to the tip.
为什么不呢
Why not?
嘿 伙计
Hey, man.
-两扎 -好
-Two Buds, bud. -Right.
戴维森市长 你怎样回应事实
Mayor Davidson, how do you respond to the fact
许多纽约人离开了这个城市
that many New Yorkers are leaving the city
出于害怕闪灭炸♥弹♥人
in fear of a fifth attack by the Fizzle Bomber?
我们有额外的警队巡逻
We’ve got extra police patrols
24小时循环整个城市
on 24 hour shifts around the city.
我们和联邦炸♥弹♥小组联合 简历了任务部队
We’ve created a joint task force with the Federal Bomb Squad
FBI也接到命令抓捕嫌犯
and the FBI in order to track down the suspect.
多么小白的名字
What a stupid name.
“闪灭炸♥弹♥人”
“Fizzle Bomber.”
这家伙做了压缩三次甲基三硝基胺混合爆♥炸♥物
The guy makes compressed RDX-based explosive compounds.
这可不简单
That’s not easy.
“闪灭炸♥弹♥人”很容易记住
“Fizzle Bomber” is easier to remember.
我增恨那个名字
I hate that name.
就像他的炸♥弹♥在嘶嘶作响
Makes it sound like his bombs just fizzle.
就像他们没有做任何破坏
Like they don’t do any real damage.
我不认为任何人都在怀疑
I don’t think anybody’s doubting
这哥们的危险性
how dangerous this asshole is.
好吧 有很多傲慢自大的傻X需要教训教训
Well, there’s a lot of selfish assholes out there needing a good shake up.
他们应该感到害怕
They should be afraid.
好吧 他已经杀了112个人了
Well, he’s killed 112 people already.
一些人正在被计划杀掉中
Some people just gotta go.
阻止这个家伙
Stops the gene pool right in its tracks.
是的
Yeah.
也许他在帮这个城市一个忙
Maybe he’s doing the city a favor.
你说这话当心被别人听见
Better be careful who hears you say that.
什么 你认为我说错了
What, you think I’m wrong?
我仅仅说刚才那种谈话会让你惹麻烦
I’m just saying that kind of talk can get you in trouble.
没有比我之前的遭遇更惨的了
No worse than I’ve already been through.
听着 你一直向我保证这是我一生最好的故事
Now listen, you keep promising the best story of my life.
但是我没听到任何实质内容
But I’m not hearing anything.
好好
All right.
我想我将开始说了
Guess I’ll start at the beginning.
当我还是个小女孩的时候…
When I was a little girl…

What?
什么 你想我告诉你我的故事
What, you want me to tell my story?
不 我仅仅是 我想…
No, I just, I thought…
抱歉 好吧 恩 你继续
I’m sorry. Yeah, sure. Go on, go on.
当我还是个小女孩的时候…
When I was a little girl…
你曾经听过过克里斯汀·约根森吗
You ever hear of Christine Jorgensen?
罗伯塔·考威尔
Roberta Cowell?
是的 是的 他们
Yeah, yeah, they had
OOXX了
sex change.
所以你…
So you…
甭打断哥
Don’t interrupt.
那是1945年9月13日
It was September 13th, 1945.
我当时只是个弃儿
I was a foundling.
一个留在孤儿院台阶上的新生儿
A newborn left on an orphanage doorstep.
克利夫兰市孤儿院
City of Cleveland Orphanage.
真是个好女孩
That’s a good girl.
嗯 这小孩没有任何外部创伤痕迹
Well, there’s no signs of trauma or exposure.
孩子显得恨健康
The child appears healthy.
如果她表现出任何感染或者过量的咳嗽
If she shows any signs of infection or excessive coughing,
她就需要带到医院来进行彻底检查
she should be taken to the hospital for a thorough examination.
是的 医生
Yes, Doctor.
她有名字么
She got a name?

Jane.
现在应该就叫她简吧
Jane will have to do for now.
一周后我会回来检查简的身体情况
I’ll be back to check on Jane in a week.
我会照看好她
I look forward to it.
不要担心 我的小呀小苹果
Don’t worry, sweetheart.
我们会照看好你的
We’ll take good care of you now.
我仅是那些没有过去历史芸芸众宝贝之一
I was just one of a dozen babies who had no past.
但是那是我们的共性之一
But that was all we had in common.
我从不生病 一天都没有
I was never sick, not one day.
因此我从没被带去过医院
So I was never taken to a hospital.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!