This is Katherine, Precious.
– 你还好么? – 终于见到你了真高兴
– Are you okay? – it’s so nice to meet you, finally.
哦 我的天 她们原来是女同性恋
Oh, my God. These straight- up lesbians.
– 这位是阿杜 – 太漂亮了 他看上去就像你一样
– This is Abdul. – He’s gorgeous. He looks just like you.
– 阿珍 我能抱抱么? – 你知道怎么抱么?
– Precious, can I hold him? – You know how to?
但她们是那么好心 让我在找到安定的地方前
They still nice enough to let us stay in their home
住在她们家里
until I get situated, though.
– 还挺沉! 我的天 – 真是…
– He’s heavy. Oh, my God! – You wanna hold him?
我猜这就是电视中的那些人 过圣诞节时的感觉吧
I guess this is how the peoples on TV feel at Christmastime.
– 别掉了 – 哦 拜托 我对小孩儿当然小心了
– Don’t drop him. – Come on. I only work with children.
我还记得
You know how you are. I saw you…
你装饰圣诞树的时候 什么都掉地上
When we were putting up the tree, you dropped half the top of it.
她们对我和阿杜那么的好
They’re so nice to me and Abdul.
小心点 两只手都用上
– Be careful. Hold him with both hands. – Please.
小阿杜
Oh, Abdul.
圣诞快乐 阿珍
Merry Christmas, Precious.
谢谢你
Thank you.
为什么几乎不认识我的人
Why peoples that barely know me
待我都比我爸爸我妈妈要好?
should be nicer to me than my mother and my father?
– 我感觉到温暖 – 你把猫关起来了么?
– I felt warm.
– 什么?! – 我就是…
– What? – I’m just…
我就是担心宝宝 猫还在楼上
I’m just concerned about the baby and the cats upstairs.
– 没事的 – 好吧
– They’re fine. – OK
奶奶害怕妈妈
Grandmother’s scared of Momma.
这知道这就是她不让我和她住一起的原因
I know that’s why she ain’t Letting me stay with her.
如果麦当劳…
lf Ronald McDonald were running things…
雨小姐说什么都不要怕
Ms. Rain say don’t be afraid of nothing.
我打赌她不会害怕我妈妈
I bet she ain’t scared of Momma.
难道你不会心生疑惑么?
Wouldn’t you be a little bit suspicious?
那你写成书吧
Just write the book.
– 那谁来看呢? – 你不写也没人看啊
– Well, who’s gonna read it? – Nobody, if you don’t write it.
知道么 阿珍天天都写作
You know, Precious writes every day. You should try it.
是么? 你都写些什么呢 阿珍?
is that right? What do you write about, Precious?
就是
Stuff.
我的生活 阿杜…
My life. Abdul.
你们怎么会都不喜欢麦当劳呢?
How come y’all don’t like McDonald’s?
卡瑟琳只是做些比较…
Katherine was just drawing a comparison
这样她的观点可以更容易被理解…
so that her point could be more easily understood. Yes.
她们说话就像我不看的电视频道
They talk Like TV channels I don’t watch.
– 谁会看呢? – 比如 克力顿大叔
My Uncle Clayton.
我很高兴阿杜也能听着
I’m glad Abdul here to Listen in on them, though,
因为我知道她们很聪明
’cause I know they’re smart. Before he got saved,
他吸起烟来就像个烟囱 喝起酒来像条鱼
he used to smoke like a chimney and drink like a fish.
她们说的我一个字都听不懂
I don’t understand a word they’re saying.
明白么?
You understand?
你们都看歌♥剧么?
Y’all be watching Oprah?
不 其实我不看 你知道我下班回家都几点了?
No. I don’t, actually. You know what time I get home from work.
– 我看 – 妈妈说同性恋都是坏人
– I watch it. – Momma say homos is bad peoples.
那你应该写作啊
you should write
但是妈妈 同性恋不是对我暴♥力♥的人
But Momma, homos not ones who raped me.
为什么你是?
And what do that make you?
同性恋让我学到了我在学校 那么多年没有学到的东西
Homos not ones who let me sit in class all them years and never Learn nothing.
同性恋也不是黑人区卖♥♥毒品的那些
The homos not ones who sell crack to peoples in Harlem.
– 我从没见过 告诉她!
– …that I have ever seen. Tell her! – That doesn’t work.
歌♥剧里是怎样描述这些的?
I wonder what Oprah got to say about that.
是雨小姐将粉笔递在我手中
Ms. Rain is the one who put the chalk in my hand,
让我成为字母表的女王
made me queen of the ABC’s.
自从我在一间中转房♥落脚后
After I settled at the halfway house,
我开始尽我的努力学习 记忆
I worked my hardest to memorize Letter sounds,
写笔记 读各种书
writing in the journal, and reading smaller and fatter books.
后来我发现 市长办公室…
Then I found out the Mayor’s office
给我颁发了文明进步奖 还有奖金支票
give me a Literacy award and a check for progress.
1, 2, 3.
One, two, three.
派对开始了
The party is on.
约翰
Go, Joann!
每个人都来了 护士约翰… 所有的工作人员都来了
Let me see what you got! Everybody come. Nurse John, Cornrows, all the staff was out there.
连卡瑟琳都来了
Even Ms. Katherine showed up.
阿珍!
Precious.
怎么了?
What’s up?
让我看一下?
What’s that?
这看上去像啥?
What does it look like?
就个塑料苹果呗
Plastic stupid apple.
给你点东西
A little something for you.
– 是给我的钱么? – 你怎么那么贪呢
– is there more money in it? – You’re so greedy.
那个…那两位是谁?
Yo, who’s that?
咋了?
What?
– 怎么啦?! – 过来!
– What? – Come on.
阿珍 你要带我去哪儿?
Precious, where are you taking me?
那我该怎么办 事儿妈? 没错 先等下
What am I supposed to do, diva? Yeah? Wait a minute.
先别挂 姑娘 什么事 阿…
Hold on, girl. Yeah…
我妈昨晚打电♥话♥给我
My mom called last night.
而…我们没怎么有来往
And we don’t really have a relationship.
我们不谈话 她对我是…
We don’t talk, because she really has a problem with…
有些人就像一盏明灯照亮周围的人
Some folks got a light around them that shine for other peoples.
有些人曾经就像生活在隧♥道♥里
I think maybe some of them was in tunnels,
而那隧♥道♥ 唯一的光亮就是
and in that tunnel, maybe the only Light they had
内心的光亮
was inside of them.
我想过你要多坚强来承受这一切
Then I thought about how strong you’ve had to be.
而然后 即使在逃离了隧♥道♥很久之后…
And then, even Long after they escaped that tunnel…
– 我来打扫 – 好吧
– I’ll help you clean up. – Okay.
内心的光亮依然照耀着别人
…they still be shining for everybody else.
雨小姐对我来说就是这样
That’s Ms. Rain to me.
在我读的这本书里 有一个女人逃到了中转房♥
In a book I read, this Lady escaped to a halfway house.
当她在那里时
And when she was there,
她问那里的人 中转房♥是什么意思
she asked the people there what a halfway house was.
他们告诉他 这就是你过去 的生活和你想要的生活的中转站
They told her it was halfway between her old life and where she wanna be.
感觉挺好的
That’s kind of nice.
这也意味着我不能一辈子待在这里
That also mean I can’t stay here forever.
还有很长的路要走
There’s still a way to go.
要是我有了自己的公♥寓♥该多好
It’d be something to get my own apartment.
阿杜九个月大了 差不多能走路了 他也很聪明
Abdul nine months and almost walking. He’s smart, too.
从他出生的那天起我就读书给他听
I’ve been reading to him since the day he was born.
他还不会说话 但他已经懂一些了
He’s barely talking, but he’s already counting.
妈妈 爸爸
Momma, Daddy,
林克斯大道444号♥的日子 在我看来已经是过去的噩梦了
444 Lenox all seem Like some old, bad dream.
我真希望一切是从这里开始 但还是和阿杜在一起
I wish I could’ve just started out here, but still with Abdul.
还有小芒果 我要把小芒果带回来
I’m gonna get Mongo, too. I gotta get Mongo back.
嗨 汤森夫人
Hey, Miss Cassidy.
嗨 阿珍 下面有人在等你
Hey, Precious, somebody downstairs for you.
– 是谁? – 我不知道是谁
– Who is it? – I didn’t ask who it was.
用我帮你看孩子么?
You want me to watch the baby?
不用了 我正好也要下去
No, I gotta go down and get him anyway.
你♥爸♥死了
Your daddy dead.
就说这?
That’s all?
他得了爱♥滋♥
He had that AlDS virus.
阿珍!
Precious
阿珍 你听到我跟你说话了么?
Precious, do you hear me talking to you?
你听到我说什么了么?
Did you hear what I said?
你得了么?
You got it?
得啥?
Got what?
– 艾滋病 – 没
– The AlDS virus. – No.
你怎么知道?
How do you know?
我们从没做过肛♥交♥的 所以我知道
We never did it up in the ass, so I know.
你最好去看看医生 妈
You better get to a doctor, Mom.
你回家不?
You coming home?
哟 阿珍!
Yo, Precious!
莉塔
Rita,
如果一个作者写一个人是
what do I mean when I say the author describes her protagonist’s
不知天高地厚 是什么意思
circumstances as “unrelenting”?
我不知道 不知道
I don’t know. I don’t know.
比方说丽塔 朝一个方向走路

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!