– She’s stupid. – Yeah.
真差劲
Yo, that’s not even funny.
她怎么都是一坨屎
That’s what she’d get anyway, no.
阿珍!
Precious!
妈! 给我点钱!
Ma, I need some money!
妈 我饿了
Ma, I’m hungry!
过来照顾照顾你妈妈 阿珍
Come take care of Mommy, Precious.
什么时候才能结束这狗屁
I wish she’d stop this shit.
有一天我哭了
The other day I cried.
我觉得自己很傻 但是你知道吗?
I felt stupid. But you know what?
操那一天
Fuck that day.
这可能就是上帝 或者管它什么 创造新的一天的原因
That’s why God, or whoever, makes new days.
但还是饿啊
Still hungry, though.
你想让我抛弃我的孩子?
Nigger wants me to leave my kids.
你就是我的孩子
They’re my kids.
– 你想吃点啥 亲爱的 – 给我来个外带桶好不
– What didn’t you want, baby? – Give me a basket, please.
– 多大的 – 我不知道 我还在想呢 你看着来吧
– Sides? – I don’t know yet. Still thinking about it. Trying to watch my figure.
巴奇 来个十块儿装的
Butchie, you got a 10 piece ready?
再来一份土豆沙拉
Potato salad.
谢谢
Thank you.
她还真敢
Hell, no, she didn’t!
抓住她 抓住那个肥婊♥子♥
Get her ass! Get that big bitch!
不 我才不是
No, I am not the one.
你是成人启蒙班(A.B.E.)的?
You in ABE?
是的
Yeah.
时间不等人
Time’s a wasting.
你叫什么名字?
What’s your name?
柯瑞丝
Clarence.
你要进来吗?
Are you coming in?
20秒后关门
That door closes in 20 seconds.
今天大家怎么样?
How are you guys doing today?
你要加入我们吗? 坎翠拉?
Would you like to join us, Consuelo?
坎翠拉 很高兴你能来
Consuelo, class is beginning.
你们知道你们上的是成人启蒙班
You guys know that you are in the ABE class.
这不是正式课程 是让你们为正式课程做准备
This is not GED. This is to get you ready for your GED.
笔记本在这个课程中非常重要 不要忘了
These journals are very important to this class, so do not forget them.
每天在这儿都要用到
You will need to use them every day that you are here.
是上课的关键
They are the key to this class.
乔安 你又迟到了 已经9:07了
it’s 9:07, Joann. You’re late.
你不知道早饭是很重要的吗?
You’re the one who said breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
明天9点就关门
Tomorrow, that door will be locked at 9:00.
我想让你们介绍一下自己 你的名字 生日
I want you to state your name, where you were born,
最喜欢的颜色 你擅长什么? 你为什么会来这里
your favorite color, something you do well and why you’re here.
我先来
I’ll go first.
你啥时候来的?
When you due?
– 我的名字是… – 算了吧 你不知道
– My name… – What you mean, you don’t know?
蓝·雨 这是你真名?
…is Blue Rain.
– 是的 没错 – 那你大名叫 蓝?
– That’s your real name? – Yes, it is. Your first name’s Blue?
我最喜欢的颜色是紫色 我唱歌♥唱得不错
My favorite color is purple. I sing well.
我来这儿…
And I’m here
因为我喜欢教学
because I love to teach.
她爱唱
She like to sing.
兰达
Rhonda?
我希望我也能唱 去教堂里的唱诗班
I wish I could sing. Go to church and sing in the choir.
表现一下
Show them how it’s done.
(兰达的口音非常重) 好吧 我名字叫兰达·帕切丝·约翰森
All right. My name is Rhonda Patrice Johnson.
有问题?
Problem?
– 真欠扇 – 啥?
– I should smack her. – What?
我出生于金斯顿 嘉米卡 我最喜欢的颜色是蓝色
I was born in Kingston, Jamaica, and my favorite color is blue.
饭做得不错
And I cook good.
我妈妈曾在第七大街有一家餐厅
My mother, she used to have a restaurant over on 7th Avenue.
在她生病之前 我都是跟她学东西
Before she get sick, she teach me everything.
我来是为了提高阅读水平 让我能上正式课程
So I’m here to get my reading up, so I can get my GED.
我叫丽塔·罗密欧 我是哈勒姆本地人
My name is Rita Romero. I was born here in Harlem.
我来这儿因为我有瘾 所以退学了
I’m here ’cause I was an addict and I dropped out of school.
所以我从没学过读书和写东西
So I never got my reading and writing together.
我最爱黑色
My favorite color’s black.
你擅长什么?
What do you do good?
恩 乔安 你擅长什么?
“Well,” Joann. “What do you do well?”
– 我擅长什么? – 不是
– What do I do well? – NO
– 丽塔 – 我是个好母亲 非常好的母亲
– Rita? – I’m a good mother. Very good mother.
我的名字叫佳梅 我最喜欢的颜色是红色…
My name’s Jermaine. My favorite color is red.
告诉我们出生地先
– Tell us where you were born first.
我出生于布朗克斯 还住在这儿
I was born in the Bronx. Still live there.
我最喜欢红色 曾经是蓝色
My favorite color is red. Used to be blue.
我舞跳的不错
I can dance real good.
我一个朋友介绍我来”一对一教学” 所以…
Homie of mine told me about Each One Teach One,
我来这躲麻烦
so I came here to stay out of trouble.
所以你来哈勒姆来躲避麻烦? 就这些?
So you came here to Harlem to stay out of trouble? is that right?
是的
Yeah.
– 坎翠拉? – 这是扯淡
– Consuelo? – This is bullshit.
你这么认为?
You think so?
柯瑞丝?
Clarence?
我可以不说吗?
Can I skip, too?
乔安?
Joann?
好的 我叫乔安 大家好
Okay. I’m Joann. Hey.
我最喜欢的颜色是荧光黄!
My favorite color is fluorescent beige
我的野心是录制自己的唱片
and my ambition is to have my own record layer.
– 什么唱片 – 姐们 你从哪来的
What’s a record layer?
到这个学校来干嘛?
Tell us where you come from and why you come to this school.
我出生在国王县医院
I was born in Kings County Hospital,
9岁的时候 我妈带我搬到哈勒姆
but my mother moved us to Harlem when I was nine.
我来这儿是为了上正式课程 然后…
I’m here to get my GED, and then…
反正我已经入了音乐行业了
Well, I’m already into the music industry.
我只是来受点教育什么的 让我继续提高
I’m just trying to take care of this little education thing so I can move up.
我们上课吧 这里是成人启蒙班课程
Let’s begin. This is ABE.
我能说几句吗?
Can I go?
我希望我还坐在教室的后排
I wish I could sit in the back of the class again.
我的名字是柯瑞丝 珍 琼斯
My name Clarence “Precious” Jones.
可以叫我阿珍
I go by Precious.
我住在哈勒姆 我喜欢黄色
I live in Harlem. I like yellow.
还有… 我在之前的学校里有些麻烦 所以我来到这…
And I had problems at my other school, so I come here.
你擅长什么?
Something you do well?
什么也没
Nothing.
每个人总有自己擅长的东西
Everybody’s good at something.
来吗
Come on.
我会做饭 还有…
Well, I can cook. And…
我从没有上课说话过
I never really talked in class before.
那让你感觉如何呢?
How does that make you feel?
就这儿
Here.
让我感觉到现在这样
it makes me feel here.
大家请打开笔记本
Everybody open their journal.
在第一页上方写上日期 然后写
Write the date at the top of the page, and write.
我不介意你们全都拼错
I don’t care if you spell everything wrong.
我不介意语法♥正♥不正确
I don’t care if it’s grammatically incorrect. But just write.
只管写 写下你们所有的感受
Write anything that you’re feeling.
这门课程就像个旋转门
This class will be a revolving door.
你们有人会通过 有的人不会
Some of you will make it and some of you won’t.
15分钟时间 开始
Fifteen minutes. Go.
以前… 我英语课得过A- 什么话都不用说
Before, I got a A- minus at English, and I didn’t have to say nothing.
雨小姐说她会天天看我们本子上写的东西
Ms. Rain said we gonna read and write in our notebooks every day.
她做这干什么?
How we supposed to do that?
然后她说 她看到了我脸上的担忧
But then she see the worry on my face and she say,
万事开头难
“The Longest journey begin with a single step.”
管她妈的啥意思
Whatever the fuck that’s supposed to mean.
拜托 做点花样 你会喜欢的
Come on, come on, do the work.
学会它
You love it, love it, learn it.
坎翠拉?
Consuelo?
坎翠拉 你的 “C”
“C” for Consuelo.
踹(Kick)你一脚的”C”
“C” for kick your ass.
踹你一脚是”K” 傻冒

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!