about telling me what happened.
告诉我事情的经过
Thanks, Jess.
谢谢你 洁西
Jeremy, please.
杰瑞米 求求你
I want to go home.
我想回家
Do you understand that? I want to go home.
你了解吗?我想回家
Look, whatever happened up there, whatever you saw…
听着 不论那里发生什么,不论你看到什么…
I saw that I don’t like what you do!
我看到我不喜欢你们所做的事
Any of you!
你们任何一个人
You pretend to be my friend,
你假装是我的朋友
the way you pretend everything!
你假装一切
A friend doesn’t lock you up!
朋友不会把你锁起来
A friend doesn’t take you away from your home…
朋友不会把你带离你的家
…and say that it’s for your own good!
还说那是为了你好
How long do you really think I’ll let you keep me here?
你以为我会让你把我留在这里多久?
She’s all right.
她没事 我找不到你时我变得紧张
I got nervous when I couldn’t find you, so I called the doc.
所以我打电♥话♥给医生
Harley just got admitted over at County.
哈利在郡立医院入院
Give a call over there, will you, Maxine?
打一通电♥话♥过去 麦欣
Find out how he’s doing.
看看他是否平安
Listen, this is like having your heart torn out every day.
这就像每天在撕裂你的心
Doug, there’s no explanation why your wife
道格 我无法解释你老婆
should still be alive right now.
为何现在还活着
DOUG: Give me the short one, will you, Doc?
简单地说 好吗?医生
DUANE: She can’t like seeing this strain on you,
她不可能喜欢看到你承受这么大的压力
which may be why she’s hanging on through the worst pain of her life.
也许这就是为什么她承受她一生最大的痛苦
It’s just gonna make it that much easier
事情会变得比较容易
if we get her back to County.
如果我们将她送回医院的话
This is where she wants to be, Duane.
这是她希望待的地方,杜安
She told me when she still could.
她还能说话时告诉我的
She keeps holding on. I just don’t know why.
她一直撑着,我不知道为什么
DUANE: And you won’t.
而且你不会知道的
Doug, she’s past communicating.
道格 她已无法用言语沟通
You can’t get inside of her head.
你无法进入她的脑内
And if you could, she’d probably tell you,
如果你能,她可能会告诉你
“Let me go.”
“让我走”
RIPLEY: Knock, knock.
有人敲门
Mind if I come in?
介意我进来吗?
Hey, you, you did something to me.
嘿 你对我做了一件事
You know, I didn’t figure it out
我一直不了解,直到人们看着我 彷彿我疯了
until enough people looked at me like I was crazy or told me to act my age,
或是告诉我正经点
but you, uh, uh, zapped me or I, uh, zapped myself when I touched you.
但你…电了我一下,或是当我碰到你我电了一下
But I’ve been…
但我曾…
I’ve been running around on this high like I was 18 again.
我这么亢奋,彷彿我又回到十八岁
and better sex than I’ve had in 10 years.
比我10年来的性生活还要好
You know if what I say is bullshit, don’t you?
你不知道我在说什么?
So you know when I say I’m just here to talk
所以你知道当我说我来这里谈话
that, uh, that I mean it.
呃 我是说真的
Uh, say, did you… Did you read any, uh, Einstein?
你…读过爱因斯坦的理论吗?
Um, he said he believed in life after death.
他说他相信死后有来生
Only because energy can never cease to exist.
只因为能量永远不会停止
That it relays, it transforms, but it doesn’t stop ever.
它会传送 但永不停止
Uh, and he said that if we ever got to the point
他说如果我们
where we could use all our brain,
能使用我们的大脑
uh, that we’d be pure energy
我们会完全成为能量
and that we wouldn’t even need bodies.
我们会甚至不需要身体
Now, um, what would you say to the possibility
你觉得…
that because something happened to you,
因为你发生了一件事
uh, something that never does or isn’t supposed to,
从没发生过或不该发生的
that you are, are closer to that energy level
你有可能比任何人体
than any one body has ever been?
更接近那个能量水平吗?
I’d say, “So what?”
我会说“那又怎样?”
So what?
“那又怎样?”
Jeremy, you know, your life up till now has been
杰瑞米 你的生活
that farmhouse and, uh, and the 12 acres of earth.
一直停留在那个农场 和那十二英亩的土地
You know, you’ve kind of lived in books.
你像是活在书本里
But I think you’re starting to find out now that the misery
我认为你现在开始发现
that you read about is real.
你所读到的悲惨是真的
The tragedy is, is real in all those stories, Jeremy.
所有那些故事里的悲剧都是真的
Did you think that it wasn’t?
杰瑞米 你曾认为那不是真的吗?
I mean, my God, that deer hunt…
我是指 猎杀那只鹿
You think that’s the dark side of man? Killing for pleasure?
你认为那是人性的黑暗面 为了娱乐而杀戮?
I’m sorry. I’m really sorry,
对不起
but you haven’t begun to see what we do.
但你还没开始看到我们做了什么
We’re… Jesus, we’re stumbling around in a very dark age,
天呀 我们在非常黑暗的时期里跌跌撞撞
basically just trying not to kill each other.
基本上是为了不互相残杀
So it hurts me when you say, “So what?”
当你说“那又怎样?” 那句话伤了我的心
Because you are not just different, Jeremy.
因为你不仅与众不同
I think that you have a mind that, uh,
我认为你的心智…
that we won’t evolve to for like, uh, thousands of years.
我们数千年都无法进化到那个程度
You’re maybe the man of the future right here and now.
也许你会是我们在未来的模样
I don’t know.
我不知道
And I’m not here to hurt you.
我不是来这里伤害你
Jeremy, I want to be a friend.
杰瑞米 我想当一个朋友
I want to talk with you.
我想跟你谈谈
Well…
那么…
I mean, did you ever have a friend?
我是指 你有过朋友吗?
I don’t need a friend.
我不需要朋友
Really?
真的?
Gee, I thought you were a genius.
我以为你是天才
You know what I say is true.
你知道我说的话是真的
Are you telling me you, like, never shook anybody’s hand before?
你要告诉我什么?你以前从没握过手?
Ah, how do you do?
你好吗?
Hmm?
哼?
Now we’ve been properly introduced.
现在我们已正式介绍过了
Want to see a trick?
想看一个花招吗?
They were afraid to touch me after a while.
他们害怕碰我
My grandma and grandpa, they…
我的祖父母 他们…
They got really scared.
他们真的吓坏了
What? To touch you?
什么?不敢碰你吗?
Jeremy, that’s not right.
杰瑞米 那是不对的
No way.
绝对不行
That’s not right.
那是不对的
Doug.
道格
You’ve done a little spring cleaning?
你在春季大扫除吗?
What the hell are you doing here, Doug?
你来这里干么?道格
A couple of my deputies told me that Harley Duncan
我的副警长告诉我 哈利邓肯
got rid of every goddamn gun in his house.
把家里每把枪都丢掉了
Said he dropped out of the marksman tourney over in Butte, too.
说他也退出神射手锦标赛
The one he wins every year.
他每年都赢得比赛
I just ain’t huntin’ no more, Doug.
我只是不再打猎了 道格
Is that some kind of crime?
那算犯罪吗?
I just got lots of other stuff to do.
我还有很多其他的事要做
You gonna stop carrying one on the job?
你打算永远不再开枪了?
If you can’t pick it up and use it, that’s a liability.
如果你无法用枪 那对你不利
I want you to level with me.
我要你坦白跟我讲
I already know you snuck off hunting with the boys,
我已知道你带那些孩子溜出去打猎
which is the last damn thing you should have done.
这是你最不该做的事
Yeah, I know.
是呀 我知道
I know.
我知道
And I popped this pretty doe, just up at Little Lake.
我射中这只母鹿 就在湖边
Let me tell you something, Doug.
我告诉你一件事 道格
You ever tell anybody I said this, I’m moving out of town.
你若告诉别人 我就搬家
That… Kid?
那个孩子
He lays his hand on the deer while it’s still shakin’,
他把他的手放在仍在发抖的母鹿
and then he touches me at the same time.
然后他在同时摸着我
Now, I can’t figure out why,
我一直不懂为什么
till my heart starts poundin’ and I’m shakin’,
他碰我直到我的心脏停止跳动 我在发抖
and I’m feelin’ myself hurt and scared shitless,
我觉得自己受重伤
slippin’ away in the goddamn dark.
吓的半死 失去意识
That’s the worst thing I ever felt.
那是我有过最可怕的感觉