And I mean back beyond the vehicles. Let’s go!
我是指回到车子上去
It’s all right. You don’t have to be afraid.
没事的 你不必害怕
You’re afraid.
你害怕
You’re afraid for me.
你为我害怕
Why don’t you get in here?
你何不上车?
I’ll take that.
我来拿
HARLEY: You ever see so many goddamn lightning rods on one house?
你有看过一栋房♥子上有这么多避雷针吗?
I just got off the horn with the coroner.
我刚和法医讲过话
He said that old boy died of natural causes, but there was evidence of fibrillation.
他说那老头是自然死亡,但他发现有纤维化现象
His body was juiced with electricity.
他的身体充满电
That old man was laying dead there all night.
那老人躺在那里一整夜
You think the paramedics showed up this morning and tried paddles on him?
急救员今早没有来,没对他施以电击
Are you telling me the kid electrocuted the old man?
你是在告诉我那孩子把那老人电死的吗
What do you think, he’s Dr. Frankenstein?
你以为他是怪博士法兰克史坦吗?
I’m just sayin’ that that’s more than an albino, Doug.
我只是想说他不只是白子
That is spooky.
那人阴阳怪气
I never thought we’d find a man too white for you there, Harley.
我从没想到我们会找到对你而言太白的人 哈利
JESSIE: Don’t let ’em fool you.
别让他们唬住你
They spend most their time tryin’ to look tough.
他们只是装的很强悍
You get to know ’em, you find out they’re
你认识他们后 你会发现他们
mostly scared and lonely, just like everybody else.
大多害怕寂寞 就像其他人一样
What the hell is that?
那是什么鬼东西?
You need to see him, Aaron, to know what I’m saying.
你必须见他 艾伦,你才会了解我在说什么
You need to see him sitting out in the hall right now,
你必须见他,他现在坐在走廊上
’cause I’m telling you, I’ve never seen anything like him.
因为我告诉你 我从没见过像他这样的人
That’s exactly what I mean.
那正是我的意思
Because of the way he’s lived.
因为他的生活方式…
Uh, he doesn’t seem to know what things are.
他似乎不晓得外界是什么样子
I mean, things you and I take for granted,
我是指你我会视为理所当然的事
common, everyday objects, simple ideas…
常见的日用物品,简单的想法
I just don’t think he’s ever been exposed to them.
我认为他从来没接触过
I mean, he’s about the most well-read teenage kid you could ever meet,
我是指他是很博学的孩子
but in other ways…
但在其他方面
I think he’s a lot like a little child.
我认为他像是个小孩子
Why you look like that?
你为何长的像这副模样?
You look like some kind of vampire from outer space or something.
我是指 你看起来像某个外太空来的吸血鬼
They kick you out of cancer camp?
他们把你踢出癌症营吗?
You got some kind of disease?
你得了什么病吗?
Don’t look at me, man.
别看着我
Did you hear what I said?
你听到我说的话吗?
I don’t like your eyes.
我不喜欢你的眼睛
What’s a new guy gotta do the first day he gets here?
新来的人第一天到这里要做什么?
He’s gotta do the due.
他必须入境随俗
New guy, first day, first meal.
新来的人 第一天 第一顿饭
He’s gotta wear his spoon.
你必须戴上汤匙
You ever wear your spoon?
你曾戴过汤匙吗?
Well, you got two choices.
你有两种选择
You can either wear it
你把汤匙
on the end of your nose…
戴在鼻子上
Why don’t you show, Mitch?
你戴给他看 米契
Now, you can wear it like that,
你可以那样戴着
or you can wear it the other way,
或是戴在
which is up your ass.
你的屁♥股♥上
You choose.
你自己选
What are you doin’?
你在做什么?
Poppa.
爸爸
You see Steven?
你看到史帝芬吗?
He stayed three hours.
他待了三个小时
Did her more good than them painkillers.
他比止痛药更有效
She was hurtin’ all day till he got here.
她痛了一整天,直到他来为止
He brought her that, too.
他也带了那个来给她
What happened out at the Reed farm today? I’m here, angel.
今天在利德农场发生了什么事? 我在这里 天使
Something about a retarded boy they got up at the state home now.
他们将一个智障男孩送到州立之家
How the hell did you hear about that?
你怎会听到那件事?
I guess I don’t have to tell you what I think about that.
我想我不必告诉你我对此事的想法
I’d love it if you didn’t. The last thing we need up there
我会很高兴你不必告诉我 我们不需要把心理不健全的人送到那里
is another mental defective along with all that other trash.
和其他的那些废物混在一起
Here you go.
干得好
I don’t know what he is, but retarded he’s not.
我不知道他是什么 但他不是智障
Well, aside from the absence of any and all body hair,
除了没有头发之外
which is a condition not too uniquely uncommon,
这种情况并非很不寻常
bottom line, he’s a very healthy young man.
他是个很健康的年轻人
In fact, with all that farm work, I’d say you’re in damn fine shape.
事实上 在农场上干粗活 我会说你的身体好的很
And the optometrist said his contact lenses will be here
验光医生说他的隐形眼镜周末就会送来?
the end of the week? They’ll be callin’ him Ol’ Blue Eyes
他们会在郡立农产品展览会上
in time for the county fair.
叫他“蓝眼”
You guys are comin’, right? Uh, you’ll see a few of us there.
你会来吗? 你会看到我们到场
Hey, Doc, thanks for comin’ out. It’s my pleasure.
医生 谢谢你特地前来 我的荣幸
Good day, Mr. Jeremy Reed.
日安 杰瑞米利德先生
Jeremy, listen, uh, I want you to think about something.
杰瑞米 听着,我要你考虑一件事
We attend school in town at Wheaton High.
这里的孩子都念穗登高中
You certainly wouldn’t be at an intellectual disadvantage there,
你在那里念书成绩绝不会比别人差
and I know most of the teachers, so…
而且大多数的老师我都认识 所以…
Anyway, um, all I’m saying is,
总之… 我要说的是
if you’d like to attend school one day next week, I can arrange it.
如果你下星期想上学 我可以安排
Will my contacts be ready by Monday?
我的隐形眼镜在下星期一前就准备好了吗
BOY: Hey, hey, guys…
嘿 你瞧
Molecules.
分子
When we speed up the course of molecules, we get…
当我们加速分子的移♥动♥时 我们就得到
…energy.
能量
And, um, since we are all basically
尤其我们基本上
just a mass of molecules,
都是由分子构成的
what does our brain send out to all the other parts of the body?
我们的大脑传送什么到我们身体的其他部位?
Lindsey?
琳西?
Um, impulses.
冲击
Yeah. Electric impulses.
电子冲击
Jeremy, turn your head and look at Lindsey.
杰瑞米 转过头来,看着琳西
Yes. That’s lovely.
对 那很迷人
Your brain sent out an electric impulse
你的大脑 传送了电子
down to your neck muscles
冲击到你的颈部肌肉
and, uh, what, what turned your head,
除了最明显的事以外
besides the obvious?
什么使你的头转了过来?
What your, what your muscles used to turn your head?
你的肌肉使用了什么使你的头转过来?
It’s energy. Energy.
“能量” 能量
Always relaying, always transforming
一直在传送
and never-ending.
永不终止
This is a, uh, a Jacob’s Ladder.
这是雅各布的梯子
It’s a science fair toy,
这是科学展玩具
and it’s, uh, built to show us how electricity travels.
它是设计来显示电如何行进
Okay?
可以吗?
Can we get the, uh, shutters? Watch this.
请关上百叶窗 看这里
Hey, cut it out. Cut it out.
别闹了
RIPLEY: Ooh, look at this.
看这个
Uh, boredom?
因为无聊
Huh, he tickles me.
他逗我开心
No. No, potential. Potential.
不 是因为电位
One side of this thing is positive, while the other side
这装置的一端是正极
has a strong negative pull.
另一端是负极
And, uh, that’s all the potential that electricity needs to travel.
那就是电行进所需要的电位
That’s right.
没错
That’s pretty good. Don’t I bring you good, entertaining things?
我不是带给你们好玩有趣的东西吗?
But you get the idea that it does… You know, it travels and just keeps going.
电一直行进,你们对电有过什么经验?
Did you ever… What’s your experience with electricity?
你们曾经走在地毯上
Did you ever, you know, run your feet over a carpet like that and touch somebody?
并且摸到别人?发生了什么事?
What happens? Static electricity?
产生静电?
when you touch somebody?
当你碰别人的时候?
It just goes out. So… So, so electricity,
所以电…
like energy, uh, just, um, uh, recycles.
就像能源会不断循环
It flows in a cycle that doesn’t end.
它在一个周波内流动,不会终止
It, uh…
它…