EMT 1: All right, people, let’s move! Let’s go!
急救1:好了,大家,行动起来!走吧!
EMT 2: Let’s go, everybody! We need some help!
急救2:大家走!我们需要帮助!
Some help here! Get in here, get in here! She’s close!
帮帮我!进来,进来!她就在附近!
Vitals are down to nothing.
没有生命迹象了
Here you go. Come on. Let me get in here. You got her?
干得好 来 让我进去 你抓到她了?
We’re clear. We’re clear. MAN: I got it.
我们清楚 清楚了 我知道了
All right, lift her up on three. One, two, three.
好的,数三下把她抬起 一、二、三
EMT 2: Let’s move! EMT 1: Let’s go! Let’s go! We need some room!
急救2:我们走!急救1:我们走!走吧!我们需要一些空间!
Clear it out, clear it out! Let’s make a hole! Come on!
出去,出去!我们挖个洞吧!加油!
Get a sterile pack! NURSE: Right down the hallway, please!
需要个消毒包!护士:请沿着走廊走!
Let’s go! In here!
走吧!在这里!
Anna didn’t make it, Greg.
安娜死了 格雷
We tried everything. The trauma was just too much.
我们尽力了 伤势太严重了
The baby?
小孩呢?
The baby, I’m concerned, might have some abnormalities.
小孩… 我担心他可能会有异常
Outwardly, we can already tell that the child has no pigmentation.
我们从外表可以看出他没有色素形成
It’s called albinism. It’s strictly genetic.
这称为白化症,是基因遗传的病症
That’s, that’s… Well, that’s pale skin, right?
那是什么? 那是指皮肤苍白 是吗?
And pale eyes that are usually more light-sensitive.
眼睛也是白的,通常对光线比较敏感
Greg, you have to remember that an unborn child
未出生的小孩
experiences everything that the mother experiences.
经历了母亲所经历的每件事
You take me to him. You show me.
你带我去见他 你让我瞧瞧
DOCTOR: We’ll do everything we can for him, Greg. You know that.
我们会尽力保住他的性命
GREG: What are you doing to him?
你们在对他做什么?
DOCTOR: We’re measuring his brain waves.
测量他的脑波
You don’t have to do this now.
你不必这样做
That’s not my son.
那不是我的儿子
That’s not my son.
那不是我的儿子
That’s not my son. Come on, Greg, let’s go.
格雷 咱们走吧
That’s not my son.
那不是我的儿子
You don’t need this. For Christ’s sake, let’s go.
你不需要看这个 走吧
Not good, Sheriff.
情况不好,警长
Thanks for making the drive.
谢谢你开车前来
Did I ruin your Sunday?
我使你的假日泡汤了吗?
Well, I guess if somebody was going to have to, I’m glad it was you.
我猜如果有人非得这样,我很高兴是你
Doug, I can hear him again.
道格 我又听到他的声音了
He’s movin’ around down there.
他在下面走动
Tell me you didn’t try to talk to him.
告诉我你没有尝试跟他讲话
You bet your ass I didn’t. Good.
我没有
Miss Caldwell.
卡威尔小姐
They said a boy, right?
他们说是男的 对吧?
I’m guessing that’s what it is.
我猜大概是吧
The old man here died last night.
这里的老人昨晚死了
The neighbors found him this morning.
邻居今早发现的
We figure the kid’s his grandson. So where is he?
我们猜这孩子是他孙子 他在哪?
He won’t come up from the cellar.
他不肯从地下室上来
He didn’t report his grandfather’s death either.
他也没报案说他祖父过世
We already know he died of natural causes.
我们已知道他是自然死亡
Doug, what am I doing here?
道格 我来这里要干么?
The neighbors say he may be retarded.
邻居说他可能是智障
One of them says deformed.
其中有人说可能是畸形
You know, physically handicapped.
你知道 身体残障
I don’t know.
我不知道
I couldn’t for the life of me think of who else to call.
我想不出可以找谁帮忙 他已经够害怕了
He’s scared enough, and I thought maybe you could
我就想也许你能来这里说服他走上来
come down and talk him out of there without us having to go down and drag him out.
不需要我们下去把他拉上来
Jessie, the neighbors talk about him
洁西 邻居谈论他
like he’s some kind of a phantom.
彷彿他像是个鬼魅
I haven’t met one yet that
我还没遇到
ever had a good look at him.
有人仔细瞧过他的
What are you telling me, Doug?
你想告诉我什么?道格
That the old folks may have kept him down there,
他的家人可能把他关在下面
like some kind of a family secret.
像是维持家里的一个秘密
I don’t know.
我不知道
Boy?
孩子
I brought somebody to talk to you.
我找了一个人来跟你谈谈
Hello?
哈啰
Hey, my name is Jessie.
嘿 我叫洁西
Are you okay down here?
你在下面这里还好吧?
You think we could turn a light on?
你想我们可以开灯吗?
Hey, if you’re afraid, you don’t need to be. Not with me.
你不必害怕 不必怕我
BOY: I’m not afraid.
我没有害怕
What’s your name?
你叫什么名字?
Powder.
鲍德
Is that a name or a nickname?
那是你的真名或是绰号♥?
He was getting coffee and he fell.
他正要煮咖啡,然后突然倒下
He just… He just fell over and died.
他…他就倒下死了
I tried to help him.
我想要救他
I tried. He… DOUG: We know that.
我想救他 他… 我们知道了
Son, I told you, you’re not in any trouble.
我告诉你了,你不会有麻烦
I’m sorry. I just want to see you.
没事的 我只是想见你
Why?
为什么?
Come on. Nobody’s gonna hurt you. It’s all right.
出来吧 没有人会伤害你 不会有事的
Give me your hand. Come on.
把你的手给我
What’s your real name, son?
你的真名是什么?
Jeremy Reed.
杰瑞米利德
You’ve been down here all night, Jeremy.
你在这里待了整晚吗?杰瑞米
JESSIE: You must be starved.
你一定很饿了
Could you get us something to eat?
你可以替我们拿些吃的来,好吗?
Anything. Sheriff?
什么都可以 警长?
We’ll be all right.
我们不会有事的
Be right back.
我马上回来
Why didn’t you tell anyone when you knew he was dead?
当你知道他死了时你为何不告诉别人呢?
Why didn’t you call the police?
你为何不报♥警♥?
Grandpa said there would be a day
祖父说迟早会有一天…
when he would die,
他会死掉
like grandma died,
像祖母那样死掉
and that people would come
人们会来…
and see me
看我…
and try and take me away.
并设法把我带走
Get back there. Keep an ear, but don’t go down.
回去那里 仔细听 但别下去
Yes, sir.
是的
Lucy, this is Barnum.
露西 我是巴伦
LUCY: Go ahead, Sheriff. I’m here.
请说 警长 我在听
We’re still out at the Reeds’. We got something out here nobody’s gonna believe.
我们仍在利德家 我们在这里找到没人会相信的东西
You don’t live down here?
你不住在下面这里吗?
Mmm.
嗯
I do most of the work around the place.
这里大多数的工作都是我做的
At least until the sun gets too high.
至少在阳光变得刺眼之前
Then the sunglasses don’t even help.
太阳眼镜帮不了什么忙
Did you know they make contact lenses now
你知道现在有隐形眼镜
that can protect your eyes from the sun all the time?
能保护你的眼睛避免强光
I read about them, but Grandpa said they cost too much.
我看过它们的报导,但祖父说太贵了
When’s the last time you were in school?
你最后一次上学是在什么时候?
I’ve never been to school.
我从来没上过学
I read about it though.
不过我有读书
But you said you read all these books?
你是说这些书你都读过了
Well, I know college kids who couldn’t wade through this one.
这本书有些大学生读不下去
Pick a page.
选一页
Two hundred and sixteen.
二一六页
“Where lies the final harbor, whence we unmoor no more.
最终的港口在哪?好让我们可以不用再解开船缆
“In what rapt ether sails the world of which the weariest will never weary?
要在哪一处穹苍下航行,使疲惫者永不疲惫?
“Where is the foundling’s father hidden?
弃儿的父亲躲在何处?
“Our souls are like those orphans whose unwedded mothers die in bearing them.
我们的灵魂就像那些孤儿 他们未婚的母亲因怀他们而死
“And the secret of our paternity lies in their grave,
我们父道的秘密藏在他们的坟墓里
“and we must there to learn it.”
我们必须到那里学习
You know the whole book?
整本书你都会背吗?
I know ’em all.
全部的书都会
Go clear ’em back.
叫他们离开这里
All right, everybody, let’s move back.
好啦 各位 回去吧