我… 我并没有想把你拴在任何事情上
I… I have no desire to tie you to anything.
我会尊重你并且照顾你
I would honor you and care for you.
我一直自己照顾自己
I have long cared for myself.
原谅我,我爱你
Forgive me. I love you.
但这里才是我该呆的地方
But my place is here.
虽然我不得不接受你的决定,可恶…
Even if I have to accept your decision, damn…
你随时随地处于危险之中,我不会再一次离弃你
you’re in constant danger, and I will not forsake you again.
天父!今天罗马市民聚集在一起…
Heavenly Father! Today the people of Rome are gathered…
选举一位新教皇。根据法律…
to choose a new Lord Pope. According to law…
每位罗马市民,神职人员和普通教♥徒♥同样…
every Roman citizen, clergy and laymen alike…
可以发出声音告诉我们上帝给了他怎样的启示
may raise his voice to tell us what God has inspired in him.
我提名墨丘利,锡耶纳的主教
I nominate Mercurius, Bishop of Siena.
一位智者,一位全身心献身教会的人
A wise man and a devoted servant of the Church.
墨丘利是一个候选人
Mercurius is a candidate.
罗马人!我提名阿纳斯塔休斯
Romans! I submit the name of Anastasius,
卡斯特利姆的主教,高贵的阿西尼厄斯之子
Bishop of Castellum, son of noble Arsenius.
他不仅会捍卫基♥督♥教的信仰
He will defend not only the Christian faith,
而且也会关注罗马的人♥民♥
but also the interests of the Roman people.
你的意思是关注你吧!
Your interest, you mean!
阿纳斯塔休斯…
Anastasius…
你和阿欧买♥♥来主教职位!
You’ve bought your Bishop with Aio!
这个人说的对!阿纳斯塔休斯和阿欧串通一气!
The man is right! Anastasius conspired with Aio!
让我过去!人们需要知道这个!
Let me through! The people need to hear this!
阿纳斯塔休斯也是一个候选人
Anastasius is also a candidate.
还有人要提名有资格的竞争者吗?
Would anyone else like to nominate a worthy contender?
我提名我自己!
I nominate myself!
我给过教皇一幢豪华的房♥子
I had brought the Pope a noble house.
我把财产捐给了教会!
I donated my property to the Church!
– 他有刀!你看见了吗? – 你知道自己处于危险之中吗?
– He had a knife! Did you see that? – Do you see the danger you are in?
无论是谁…还有要提名的吗?现在站出来!
Whoever… would like to nominate someone else? Come forward now!
没有了?那么这有两位候选人!
No one? So there is these two candidates!
等等!
Wait!
罗马人,大家知道我为圣权服务多年
Romans, you know I have served the Holy Throne for many years,
有益于罗马是我唯一想要的
and I want only what is good for Rome.
阿纳斯塔休斯!而且肯定也有他父亲
Anastasius! And surely his father too.
他们的计划正在进行,阿纳斯塔休斯可以说已经被选为教皇了
Their plan is working. Anastasius is being elected Pope so to speak.
这是罗马,约翰娜,这里… 碍事的人会被杀掉
This is Rome, Johanna. Here… inconvenient people get killed,
不论他们有多好或者多有权势
no matter how good or powerful they are.
那么我必须离开罗马?
Then I must leave Rome?
我只想要你活着,约翰娜,不论是否跟我在一起
I only want you to live, Johanna, with or without me.
我们应该得到幸福,做有益的事,但…
You deserve to be happy and do good but…
不必一定要在罗马,呆在这里,你会死的
for that you don’t need to be in Rome. You stay here, you will die.
如果这是罗马的本来面目
If this is the true face of Rome,
我会跟你走
I will go with you.
一旦当选,阿纳斯塔休斯会立即对付你
Once he is elected, Anastasius will move against you immediately.
我们必须离开
We must leave.
凭籍全能上帝和圣城人♥民♥的意愿
Through the will of the Almighty God and the people of our holy city,
您已当选为我们的新教皇兼罗马的最高主教!
you have been elected our new Lord Pope and Supreme Bishop of Rome!
仁慈的上帝,这真的是祢的意愿…
Merciful God, is it truly your will…
让一个像我这样的人坐上圣彼得的宝座?
That someone such as I should sit in St. Peter’s chair?
亦或是祢将在我加冕的那一刻
Or will your just wrath strike me down
怒冲冲的把我击倒?
the moment the Papal Crown is placed on my head?
然而,祢为何引导我来到这里?
But then, why would you have led me here?
为什么这么多年来祢一直容忍♥我溜进祢的花♥园♥?
Why would you have tolerated me in your garden all these years?
握着祢的手,我的主,我将做祢身边忠实的仆人
Hold your hand over me Lord, and I will be a faithful servant unto You.
约翰尼斯.安格利库斯万岁
Long live Johannes Anglicus,
奉上帝旨意,我们的总主教,世界教皇
by God decree, our Chief Bishop, and Universal Pope.
约翰尼斯.安格利库斯万岁
Long live Johannes Anglicus,
奉上帝旨意,我们的总主教,世界教皇
by God decree, our Chief Bishop, and Universal Pope.
约翰尼斯.安格利库斯万岁
Long live Johannes Anglicus,
奉上帝旨意,我们的总主教,世界教皇
by God decree, our Chief Bishop, and Universal Pope.
阿瑞斯
Arighis.
陛下
Holiness.
我也想得益于你的经验、能力和善良的心
May I too benefit from your experience, your competence and your good heart,
做我的宣召侍从好吗?
as my Nomenclator?
– 为您效劳是我的荣幸 – 那就这么定了
– It would be an honor to serve you. – Then it shall be.
据我所知,我能得到这个沉重的责任要感谢你
From what I have heard I have you to thank for this heavy burden.
让我和伯爵单独呆一会
Leave me alone for a moment with the Count.
– 你召我觐见吗,陛下? – 你能原谅我吗?
– You summoned me, Holiness? – Will you ever forgive me?
万能的上帝似乎要和我争夺同一个女人
The Almighty and I seem to be in contest for the same woman.
相信我,她希望自己能分成两个
Believe me, she wished she could split herself in two.
因为我知道在你身边我会有一个令人满意的人生
Because I know I would have a fulfilling life at your side.
但显然,神召唤了我
But apparently, this is my calling.
请理解
Please, understand.
我会试试
I will try.
我一生都在寻找上帝,现在我找到了
All my life I have searched for God. And now, I’ve found Him.
祂在人♥民♥寄托在我身上的希望里
He’s in the hope that people put in me.
祂在我能为人♥民♥做的善举中
He’s in the good deed I can do for them.
每当我遵照上帝意愿行事的时候,我能感觉到祂在我的心里
When I’m doing God’s will, I can feel Him in my heart.
阿纳斯塔休斯将会很快从他的失败中恢复过来
Anastasius will recover quickly from his defeat.
那时他会尽一切努力去阻碍和废黜你
Then he will do everything in his power to trouble and depose you.
你很清楚他是什么样的人
You know exactly what he is like.
那就留在我身边,做教皇卫队侍卫长
Then stay with me, as Superista, Captain of the Papal guard.
当我知道你在身边的时候,我会更坚强
I’m stronger, when I know you are near.
你在玩火,约翰娜
You’re playing with fire, Johanna.
约翰娜满怀决心和热忱开始了她的教皇任期
Johanna began her papacy full of purpose and zeal,
她决心遵守她的诺言
and she was determined to keep her promise.
她比任何人都更了解罗马人♥民♥的疾苦
She knew the suffering of the Roman people better than anyone,
因而尽心竭力为民解忧
and she did all in her power to alleviate it.
她派医师到贫民窟
She sent physicians to the slums,
并颁布法令将每个第三周周日募集到的钱
and decree that collections from every third Sunday
交给贫民院
were given to the poor houses.
不久,罗马人♥民♥都称她为“Papa Populi”… 人♥民♥的教皇
Soon, the Romans named her “Papa Populi”… the people’s Pope.
但约翰娜并非只想做一个仁慈的罗马主教
But Johanna wanted to be more than just a merciful Bishop of Rome.
毕竟,她是整个基♥督♥教会的精神领袖
After all, she was spiritual head of the entire Christian Church.
她召集所有主教到罗马召开宗教会议
She summoned all the bishops to Rome for a Synod.
许多教条被重新审议
Many Church doctrines were reviewed and reconsidered
通过的决议之多前所未有
and more resolutions passed than ever before.
谢谢,你们可以走了
Thank you, you may go.
谢谢,塞莱斯廷。今晚不再需要你服侍了
Thank you, Selestinus. I won’t be needing you any more tonight.
公元 847年
仁慈的上帝!
Merciful God!
现在我们必须离开罗马
Now we must leave Rome.
如果你被发现了,他们将把你折磨至死
If you’re discovered, they will torture you to death.
约翰娜!
Johanna!
我比你想的还要了解你,我知道你的心都碎了,但…
I understand you better than you think. I know your heart is torn, but…
现在你怀了孩子,结果已经不是我们能控制的了
now you are with child, the decision is out of our hands.
我宁愿等到复活节
Give me until Easter.
那还有三个多月呢!
That’s more than three months away!
在这期间我可以做很多事
I can do so much with that time.
是的,但是… 无论你做什么都很容易前功尽弃
Yes, but… whatever you’d do your successes can easily undo.
如果他们看到有利可图就不会了
Not when they see that it is good.
如果有必要的话,即使违背你的意愿,我也会把你带出城
If need be, I will get you out of the city, even against your will.
陛下,这绝不是您的真实意愿!
Holiness, this cannot truly be your intent!
是我的意愿!
It is!
否则我会让你们为此劳神吗?
Why else would I trouble you with this?
女子学校?
A school for girls?
前所未有… 从来没有这种学校!
Never before… Never has been such a thing!
你是说因为前所未有 所以我们就要放弃?
You mean we should abandon the idea just because it’s new?
我们只能确信一个真理
We can only be sure of one truth,
前人传给我们的真理
the truth that has been handed down to us through the ages.
任何旧的东西… 都曾经是新的
Everything that is old… was once new.
陛下!我想您一定知道
Holiness! As I’m sure you know,
女孩学会的越多,她的子♥宫♥就变得越小
the more a girl learns, the smaller her womb becomes.
– 你从哪读到的? – 这… 这是公认的
– Where did you read? – It… It’s commonly knowledge.
大家都知道以至于人们都懒得把它写下来吗?
So common that no one has bothered to write it down?
显而易见的事就不需要写在书里了
You do not need books for what is obvious to all.
没人把“羊毛出在羊身上”写下来,然而,所有人都知道
No one has written that wool comes from sheep, and yet, it’s known to all.
那你如何解释像丽达这种受过教育的女人(西罗马帝国的一位皇后)
Then how do you explain the extraordinary fertility
的非凡生育能力呢?
of educated women like Laeta?
她和圣杰罗姆通信