– Yo – come
约翰尼斯!
Johannes!
坐下
Sit down.
必须把体温降下来
We have to lower the fever.
– 我们必须脱去你的衣服 – 不… 不!
– We have to get you undressed. – No… no!
我们必须对你实施冷敷降温,抬起你肩膀
We must apply cold linen. Lift the shoulders.
– 放开我! – 赫尔诺特,泰多!
– Let me go!
– Gernot, Thedo!
约翰尼斯兄弟几天前刚刚埋葬了他的父亲
Brother Johannes buried his father only a few days ago.
给他点时间让他自己平静下来
Give him some time to calm himself.
去找些干净的亚麻布(用于冷敷的布)
Start searching fresh linen.
你太虚弱不能走远路
You’re too weak to walk far.
浅滩的杂草丛里藏着一只划艇
Take the rowing boat hidden in the weeds by the ford.
你要马上乘那只小船离开这里
You have to leave right away.
修士们尊敬你
The brothers revere you.
为了给你治疗,他们会强行除去你的衣服,到那时…
To cure you, they will undress you by force, and then…
他们对你的尊敬也救不了你了
their reverence will not save you.
– 你知道多久了? – 很多年了
– How long have you known? – For many years.
你为什么不告发我?
Why didn’t you tell?
夺走上帝最珍爱的一个人吗?
And rob God of one of His most precious instruments?
告诉门口的修士,这里需要他
Tell the brother at the gate he’s needed here.
那会为你争取一些时间
That will give you time.
愿上帝保佑你… 姐妹
May God protect you… sister.
你必须快一点
You must hurry.
快过来,她醒了!
Come quickly, she’s awake!
– 你感觉怎么样? – 我饿了
– How are you feeling? – I’m hungry.
这是好现象!
This is a good sign!
从我们能给你喂点汤到现在已经两天了
It has been two days since we’re able to feed you a bit of soup.
– 我在哪? – 瑞库尔夫伯爵庄园
– Where am I? – Count Riculf’s estate.
富尔达下游50英里。
50 miles downstream from Fulda.
你的小船被岸边的杂草缠住了
Your boat got tangled in the weed along the shore.
你病的几乎神智不清了
You were half mad with fever.
那么是你们救了我
So you saved my life.
感谢上帝能给我这个机会
And I thank God for giving me the chance
报答你对我和我家人的恩惠
to repay you for what you did for me and my family.
阿恩?
Arn?
请原谅,可… 可我应该怎么称呼你呢?
Pardon me, but… But how should I address you?
现在… 现在我们已经知道你的秘密了
Now… now that we know what we know.
约翰娜,我的名字叫 约翰娜
Johanna. My name is Johanna.
约翰娜!
Johanna!
这是我妻子博娜,和我的女儿阿纳尔达
This is my wife, Bona. And this is our daughter, Arnalda.
上帝保佑你们
God bless the three of you.
告诉我你们的经历
Tell me what happened.
我母亲改嫁给了一个做马鞍的人
My mother got married again, to a saddle-maker.
作为他的学徒,我随他来到伯爵庄园
As his apprentice, I accompanied him here to the count’s estate.
因为我会读书写字,这得谢谢你
Because I knew how to read and write, thanks to you,
他提议让我留在这里给他的管家帮忙
he invited me to stay on the estate and help his steward.
管家两年前死了,所以现在…
The steward died two years ago, and now…
– 现在阿恩是庄园里最能干的人 – 我毫不怀疑
– And now Arn is the count’s best man. – I have no doubt.
– 请吃吧 – 谢谢
– Please, eat. – Thank you.
等康复了,你一定要把所有的经历都讲给我们听
When you have regained your strength, You must tell us your whole story.
我们对你的故事充满了好奇
We are burning with curiosity.
如果这能报答你们全家的友善
If with that I can reward your family’s kindness,
我将非常乐意告诉你们一切
then I will gladly tell you everything.
– 那是什么? – 一棵橡树
– And what is that? – An oak!
没错,它们可以生长几百年
That is right. They grow to be hundreds of years old,
如果会说话,它们肯定有许许多多故事要给你讲
and if they could speak, they would surely have hundreds of stories to tell.
就像你一样!
Just like you!
现在来点更难的,8乘7等于多少?
Now something harder. 8 times 7?
你要弯起几个手指?
How many fingers did you fold down?
– 5 – 多少个十?
– Five. – And tens?
– 50 – 还有呢?
– Fifty – And?
– 6和50… 56 – 很好!
– Six and fifty… fifty-six. – Good!
那是什么?
What is that?
– 这个? – 是的
– That? – Yeah.
凯瑟琳是如此的聪明,以至于那个异教♥徒♥皇帝和他最优秀的学者
Catherine was so wise that the heathen emperor and his greatest scholars
无法让她改变信仰
could not turn her from her faith.
相反,她使那些学者们确信上帝是存在的
Instead, she convinced the scholars that God exists.
她如此绝妙的向人们讲述上帝的功德以及天堂的样子
And she spoke so wonderfully of His acts and the paradise
令所有人当场皈依基♥督♥
that they all became Christians on the spot.
她做的太好了
She did well then.
但她为她的勇气付出了生命的代价
But she paid for her courage with her life.
许多人惧怕她的才智
Many were afraid of her wisdom.
但现在,她正在天堂照看着你
But now she is in heaven and she watches over you.
并且她教会了我们一些重要的东西
And she taught us something important.
我们必须忠实于我们的信念
We have to stay true to our convictions
无论代价有多大
no matter how high the price.
一次朝圣之旅? 去罗马?
A pilgrimage? To Rome?
谢谢你们,我已经康复而且足够强壮…
Thanks to you I’m healthy again and strong enough…
世界这么大 我想去看直
to go out and see the world.
但那太危险了!
But that is far too dangerous!
如果我女扮男装和其他朝圣者同行,就不会有事
Not if I travel with other pilgrims, disguised as a man.
我们认为也许你能和我们呆在一起
We thought perhaps you would stay with us.
正如你看到的,这里有很多事可做
As you can see there’s always work to be done.
而且这里很安全
And here you would always be safe.
感谢你的好意,但… 我已经过惯男人的生活了
I appreciate your kindness, but… I have lived so long as a man,
而且我恐怕也没有更多能帮你做的了
and I’m afraid I would not be of much help to you.
– 但是… – 随她吧!
– But… – Let her!
她注定要走不同的路,我们无权改变她
She is meant for a different path, and we have no right to divert her from it.
我会非常想念你们的
I will miss you terribly.
这是伯爵给的一个礼物,如果你不接受
A gift from the count, and if you do not take it,
我就把你送回修道院
I’m gonna send you back to the monastery.
我不知道该怎么感谢你
I do not know how to thank you.
你父亲答应我 他会继续教你
Your father promised me that he would teach you.
也许有一天你甚至会有一位导师
Maybe one day you will even have a tutor.
圣凯瑟琳… 会帮助你学习…
Saint Catherine… will help you learn…
用知识造福他人
to use that knowledge for the benefit of others.
所以保管好她
So take good care of her.
尽管贫穷而且拥挤
Despite poverty and overcrowding,
罗马对远道而来的人仍然具有强大的吸引力
Rome remained the powerful attraction for people from far away.
对来自国外的朝圣者或旅行者来说,要想寻求帮助或住宿
For pilgrims and other travelers from abroad needing help or lodging,
学校永远是一个稳妥的避难所
A schola was always a secure haven.
感谢她的名字“安格利库斯”(拉丁文意为“英国人”)
Thanks to her name “Anglicus,”
约翰娜得到英国经院的热情接待
Johanna was welcomed to the Schola Anglorum with open arms.
公元 843年
不到三年,约翰娜的名字已经被全罗马所熟知
Before three years had passed, Johanna’s name was known to all Rome.
我们的父亲,祢在天堂。愿人都尊你的名字…(拉丁文念经中)
Pater Noster, qui es in caelis. Sanctificetur nomen tuum…
我们必须利用月球进入双子座前的一天…
We must use this day before the Moon passes into Gemini…
如果错过这个时间放血就不吉利了
an inauspicious time for blood letting.
他的病情每况愈下,你必须做点什么
His condition worsens everyday. You must do something.
一定要吗?
Must I?
如果他的死亡是上帝的意愿呢?
What if it’s God’s will that he die?
你的自信用错了地方,我的孩子
Your confidence is misplaced, my son.
对于选举教皇来说 你的阅历还太浅
You’re still too inexperienced to be elected Pope.
你低估我了,阿西尼厄斯
You underestimate me, Arsenius.
几星期来,作为教皇代理人,每个人有事都要征求我的意见
For weeks I’ve been a Pope’s proxy, everyone needs my council.
但罗马的人♥民♥并不知道这些高墙里面发生了什么
But the people of Rome do not know what goes on inside these walls.
如果瑟吉厄斯不久后死去,他们会选别人当教皇…
If Sergius’s soon to die they’ll choose another for the Pope…
并且未来很多年我们都无法染指圣彼得的宝座了
and Saint Peter’s Throne will be out of our reach for years to come.
你命中注定要当教皇,我的儿子
You’re destined to be Pope, my son,
从而为我们家族之冠镶上最后也是最大的一颗宝石
and add this last and greatest jewel to our family crown,
但我们必须谨慎行事
but we must not act rashly.
所以… 如果你救了 教皇瑟吉厄斯 会怎样呢?
So… what if you are the one to save Pope Sergius?
我的名字会被每个人挂在嘴边
My name would be on everyone’s lips.
现在到处都在谈论一个来自法兰克尼亚(德国中南部地区)的治疗师
In the streets, there is talk of a healer from Franconia.
一个外国人… 医治教皇?
A foreigner… physiking a pope?
他们说他能通过检查病人的尿液诊断疾病
They say that he can diagnose a disease by examining the patient’s urine.
据说他甚至治好了麻风病人
It’s said that he’s cured even lepers.
约翰尼斯.安格利库斯!
Johannes Anglicus!
– 你是约翰尼斯.安格利库斯? – 我是
– Are you Johannes Anglicus? – I am.
啊,著名的神奇治疗师!我们都充满了期望
Ah, the famous miracle healer! We are all burning with anticipation.
这是教皇一小时前的尿液

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!