thereby breaking the holy oath he made to God.
那是我父亲的誓言,不是我的!
It was my father’s oath, not mine!
你父亲要你侍奉上帝
Your father placed you in the service of God.
把如此的恩赐从万能的上帝身边带走…
To take such a gift away from the Almighty…
是不可饶恕的罪行
would be an unforgivable sin.
把一个男人束缚在 违背他的本性和意愿的生活里 不也是一种罪行吗?
Is it not also a sin to bind a man into a life contrary to his very nature and will?
瓦伦廷,你的灵魂在反叛,因此非常危险
Your soul is in rebellion, Valentinus, and therefore in terrible danger.
为了让你独自安静的找到回归上帝之路
In order to find your way back to God in quiet and solitude,
罚你30天不许同大家一起吃饭…
you will not take meals with the brethren for 30 days…
并且不许进礼拜堂
and you will not be allowed in the auditorium.
你为什么不放过我并把我逐出修道院?
Why do you not just free me and cast me out of the monastery?
你还要感谢奥迪罗兄弟对你救赎的关注…
You will also thank Brother Odilo for his concern about your salvation…
并且要带着应有的谦卑为他洗脚
and wash his feet with due humility.
主宰这个修道院的不是信仰,而是你的专横
It is not faith that rules within these walls, it is your tyranny.
不服从的毛病控制住了你,瓦伦廷
The sickness of disobedience has taken hold of you, Valentinus.
为了你好,我们必须把它驱逐出你的身体
For your own good, we must banish it from your body.
我特此禁止你进入任何公共场所
I hereby forbid you from entering any public places.
我禁止你在别人在场的情况下吃或喝
I forbid you to eat or drink in the presence of other people.
我禁止你,从禁止你在任何水域中洗漱…
I forbid you from washing in any stretch of water…
到禁止你触碰孩子或给他们东西
and from touching children or giving them anything.
我恳求你,院长!让我回家吧!
I beseech you, Abbot! Let me go home!
四个没有父亲的孩子正在等着我
Four fatherless children are waiting for me.
– 上苍会照顾无辜之人 – 怎么照顾,尊敬的神父,怎么照顾?
– Heaven will care for the innocent. – How, venerable Father, how?
如果我不回家他们会死的!
If I did not go home they will die!
你可能会在世人眼中死去
You may be dead in the eyes of the world,
但在主的眼中你依然活着
but still you live in the eyes of the Lord.
原谅我,尊敬的神父,这个女人不是麻风病人
Forgive me, Reverend Father. This woman is not a leper.
你说什么?
What’re you talking about?
她的损伤不一样,因此一定有不同的病因
Her lesions are different, and must therefore have a different origin.
上帝给她做了标记,我们万不可违背祂的意愿
God has marked her. We must not contradict his will.
她是被标记了,但不是麻风病的标记
She is marked, but not by leprosy.
如果我们对那些并非上帝选中的人见死不救…
Will God be pleased, if we consign to a living dead one…
上帝会高兴吗?
who He Himself has not elected?
让我医治这个女人吧,那样我们就不会犯一个有罪的过失了
Let me treat this woman, so we do not make a sinful mistake.
我们怎么知道你是否正确地诠释了上帝的标记?
How do we know you have correctly interpreted God’s sign?
你的自负是否已经大到 你要把它置于其他修士的自信之上?
Is your pride so great that you place it above your brothers’?
如果你治疗这个女人,整个修道院都将置于风险之中
For if you administer to this woman, you put the entire brotherhood at risk.
如果您允许我同她一起离开修道院就不会有事了
Not if you would allow me to leave the monastery with her.
我愿意为约翰尼斯兄弟做担♥保♥,尊敬的院长
I will vouch for Brother Johannes, Reverend Abbot.
他虔诚而正直,定能经受住所有的诱惑
He is pious and upstanding, and will withstand all temptations.
谢谢你,兄弟!上帝保佑你
Thank you, brother! God bless you.
妈妈!
Mama!
把宝宝给我,阿恩!
Give me the baby, Arn!
– 你叫什么名字? – 阿恩
– What is your name? – Arn.
阿恩,有很多事要做,你会帮我吗?
Arn, there is much work to be done here. Will you help me?
给!
Here!
– 还缺什么? – 圣约翰的话,用于止痒
– What is still missing? – St. John’s word, for itching.
还有呢?
And?
– 也许还要一些蓍草 – 很好
– And maybe some yarrow. – Very good.
你学的很快
You learn quickly.
我还会写自己的名字,是牧师教我的
I can write my name too. The priest showed me how.
如果有可能并且你母亲允许的话
If it were possible and your mother allowed it,
你想到修道院的学校学习吗?
would you like to attend the monastic school?
富尔达位于遥远的东方,因此这里的人们幸免于…
Fulda lay far in the East. So the people there were spared the struggle over…
皇帝继承权的争斗
succession to the Emperor’s throne,
而法兰克帝国的其它部分 则因此满目疮痍
that had devastated other parts of the Frankish Empire.
临死前,皇帝路易斯把帝国分给他的三个儿子
Before his death, Emperor Louis divided the empire among his three sons.
当他的大儿子洛泰尔 试图宣称对整个帝国拥有统制权时
When the eldest, Lothair, tried to claim the entire realm,
他的两个弟弟奋起反抗
his two brothers rose up against him.
洛泰尔在丰特努瓦战役中被打败,但他保住了…
Lothair lost the Battle of Fontenoy, yet he retained a dominion…
从北海岸一直到罗马的统制权
stretching from the coast in the North all the way down to Rome.
露出你的脸,女人!
Show your face, woman!
– 赞美主 – 赞美主
– Praised be the Lord. – Praised be the Lord.
这么多年过去了,约翰娜确信…
So the years passed, and Johanna was convinced…
她终于在世间找到了一席之地
she had found her rightful place in the world.
她不断完善伪装术 因此在修士中她感到很安全
She perfected the art of disguise and felt safe among the brothers.
然而,热病蔓延到了修道院
But then, the fever came to the monastery.
我们必须让他退烧,你知道该做什么
We must cool his body, You know what to do.
我从不怀疑我们能做什么
I do not doubt one more what we can do
修西得底斯描述过这样的疾病
Thucydides writes such sickness.
而且一次就杀死了成千上万的雅典人
and Once wiped out a thousands of Athenians
今天下午你真的很忙,我的孩子
You’re really stream your duties this afternoon, my son.
你有一位访客
You have a visitor.
你的父亲
Your father
怎么了?
What’s the matter?
我们之间有嫌隙
Between us there is bad blood.
是你们和解的时候了
time you reconcile then.
约翰尼斯
Johannes,
你父亲几乎失明,但仍然走了很长的路
Your father is almost blind, but still traveled a long way.
你需要和他谈一谈
You will speak with him.
这是基♥督♥徒的慈悲和主的要求
Christian charity and the Word of Our Lord demanded.
我的儿子!
My son!
感谢全能的上帝
Thanks be to Almighty God.
我听说该死的北欧人的事,就向美因茨主教打听消息并寻求帮助
I heard about the Norse dead guy and asked the bishop of Mainz for news and help.
但他也无法为多施塔特提供帮助
even he could not get what for Dorstade
我放弃了希望
I give up hope
认为我儿子已经死了
thought my son was dead
然后我听到在富尔达有一个神奇的治疗师
Then I heard about a miracle healer in Fulda.
约翰尼斯.安格利库斯 兄弟
Brother Johannes Anglicus
来自多施塔特
came from Dorstadt
为什么你不去看我?
Why don’t you come to see me?
这里到 殷格翰 最多五天路程
It’s barely five days ride to Ingelheim
你妹妹呢?
Where is your sister?
北欧人就是屠夫
The Norsemen are son with butcher
她是没有羞辱的死去吗?
Did she died without shame?
她死的时候没有被冒犯
She dead untouched.
这是上帝的意愿
God’s will then
她是一个反常的孩子
She was an unnatural child.
她永远不会使世界平静
She never would of made a peace of world
我的母亲… 她怎么样了?
My mother… how is she?
– 她死了 – 不
– She is lifeless – No
死了… 直奔地狱
gone… and straight to hell
甚至喘最后一口气的时候,仍在呼唤她的异教神
even with the last breath, she’s still calling on the her heathen Gods
有病!当接生婆告诉她说她要死了
illness! when the midwife told she would die
她仍然拒绝最后的圣礼
She still refuse the @#$%&* sacrament。
接生婆?
The midwife?
她是… 夏娃的平果
She was… Eve with the apple
而你毁了它
And you’re ruin it.
你说什么?
What did you say?
你毁了它!
You were ruin!
你竟敢谴责你的父亲?
Dare you accuse your father?
上帝和撒旦的战斗在我们家进行
Battle between God and Satan waged in our house.
从第一天起我就不得不和你母亲的灵魂战斗
From the first day I have to fought your mother’s souls
结果呢?
And what end?
我在世上赖以为生的东西不多
I live off what little the earth pre-refund.
但工作毁了我
But the labor has broken me
没有一个女人…
without a woman…
上帝是仁慈的
The God is real nitid us.
有你说情院长一定会让我进修道院
With your intercession, the abbot will surely take me in.
你想呆在修道院?
You want to stay in the monastery?
这是我最后的愿望
It is my last hope.
我不想作为一个乞丐死去
I don’t want to die as a beggar.
你会帮我的,是吧?
You will help me, won’t you?
我的儿子?
my son?
不… 不,那不能…
No… no, that can not be…
你做了什么?
What you done?
你哥哥在哪?在哪…约翰在哪?约翰尼斯!
Where is your brother? Where… Where is John? Johannes!
约翰尼斯在哪?
Where is Johannes?
你杀死了你哥哥,能饶恕你这个当妹妹的吗?
You killed your older brother, could you not spare you the younger one?
(好像是要叫人进来告发他女儿)
@¥%#&!*…(这句真没听懂,好像是I might correct this, Krieg)
– 哟 – 过来