所以我才把房♥子盖在它旁边 这样它可以保护我们
That’s why I built the house next to it, so it could protect us.
保护你、卡洛安、黛娜 你妈和我
You and Carol Anne and Dana and your mom and me.
那是一棵非常聪明的老树
It’s a very wise old tree.
它盯着我看 它知道我住在这里
It looks at me. It knows I live here.
我认为暴风两不会到我们这儿来
I think the storm’s gonna pass us.
你怎么知道?
How do you know?
因为我会数数
‘Cause I can count.
你知道该怎么做吗?
You know what you do?
你看到闪电后就开始数数
When you see the lightning…
数到听到雷声为止
you count ’til you hear the thunder.
数的数目越多
If you can count higher each time, that means the storm’s movin’ away.
表示暴风两离我们越远
想不想试试?
Wanna try it?
好吧
等闪电再开始
We need some lightning.
要闪电了
Wait. It’s comin’.
开始 1… 2… 3…
Okay, count. One, two, three.
我打赌你下一次一定能够数到四或五 我保证
Next time, you’ll be able to count to at least four or five. Bet you.
爸 是你的电♥话♥
Daddy, it’s for you.
叫他们留言
Tell them to take a message, sweet pea.
我爸叫你留言
My dad wants to take a message.
晚安
Night.
太热了
It’s too hot.
好吧 晚安 小天使
Okay. Night, angel.
祝妳好梦 -晚安 爸爸
Happy dreams, okay? – Night, Daddy.
1…
One…
2…
two…
3…
three…
才没有 少来了
I did not. Come on!
晚安 黛娜 -晚安 爸爸
Good night, Dana. – Good night, Dad.
别讲电♥话♥了 黛娜
Get off the phone, Dana. – Okay, Dad.
1…
One…
2…
two…
3…
Three…
4…
four…
5…
Five…
他们来了
They’re here.
听我说 杰夫 不…我没有在开玩笑
Listen to me, Jeff. No, I’m not kidding.
6点5级地震谁还睡得着?
I know. How could anybody sleep through a 6.5?
房♥屋当然有损坏 我们的卧室简直是一团糟
There was damage. Yeah, the bedroom. There’s stuff in pieces all over.
别闹了 否则别怪我不客气
我们有听广播啊 可是广播什么都没提到
We’re listening to the radio. There’s nothing on the radio at all.
别碰我
西尔马地震已经是两年前的事了
你好讨厌 你快把我逼疯了
You are so obnoxious! You drive me nuts!
妳才讨厌
Force field.
防护罩 -你真讨厌
You are so obnoxious. – Got my nose.
厉害吧
开战了
This means war, and I mean it!
小心点 -每口都要嚼十下 知道吗?
Hey, watch out. – Honey, chew your food ten times.
妳是垃圾袋
You’re a big barf bag.
你是狗食袋
You’re a doggie bag.
说得好 我不要吃 -拿去吧 罗比
I won’t eat it. – There you go.
亲爱的 妳说”他们来了”
Sweetheart, last night when you said, “They’re here”…
我可以带我的金鱼去上学吗?
Can I take my goldfish to school?
也许我们家正好位于断层带上 那一定很好玩吧
Maybe the fault line runs directly under our house. Wouldn’t that be a scream?
真好笑 天花板掉到我床上了
The ceiling got crumbs all over my bed.
谁在乎 -妳还记得妳昨晚…
Remember last night when you woke up and said, “They’re here”?
醒来说”他们来了”
妳说谁来了?
Who did you mean? Who’s here?
电视里的人
The TV people.
她嗑药了 -是吗 你懂什么?
She’s stoned. – What do you know?
懂的比妳多 去问爸
More than you! Ask Dad!
去问爸 -去问爸
“Ask Dad!” – “Ask Dad!”
去问爸 去问爸…
“Ask Dad!”
嘿!
不是我弄的
It’s not my mess!
多谢了 笨蛋 我20分钟后就要上课了
Thanks a lot, jerko. I’ve got class in 20 minutes.
快给我 免得割伤手了 -不是我的错
Give me this before you cut yourself.
你们家也有地震吗?
Did the earth move for you?
我们这里情况不同 杰克
It wasn’t quite the same thing for us, Jeff. Huh?
好 再联络 知道了
Okay. Yeah, right. Okay.
住手 快给我 免得弄伤手了 -又不是我的错
Give me that before you cut yourself. – It’s not my fault.
再见 亲爱的 我出门了
Bye, sweet pea. I’m outta here.
再见 亲爱的 -我也要走了
Bye, honey. – I’m outta here.
你 要听我的 -我要上学
You I can handle. – I got school.
先吃早饭 -好吧!让老师当掉吧!
Well, breakfast first. – All right. I’ll just flunk.
有那么严重吗?
我有告诉那个浑蛋…
这样下去咱们都要失业了
It happens on every job.
看…
Look at this!
很漂亮吧
I love that swing.
我爱妳… 我爱妳…
I love you. I love you.
我爱死了
I love it.
不行
巴斯 下去
E. Buzz, no, no! Get down.
罗比 卡洛安 我不是说过 吃完要把椅子放好吗?
Carol Anne, I’ve told you guys to push your chairs in when you’re done.
亲爱的 妳会把眼睛弄坏的 这样对妳不好
Honey, you’re gonna ruin your eyes. This is not good for you.
怎么了 巴斯?
What’s the matter?
你在做什么?
What are you doing?
好吃吗? -好吃极了 费林太太
How is it? – Great, Mrs. Freeling.
好了 布鲁托 把杯子还来 -妳的咖啡真好喝
Okay, Bluto, give me my cup. – You sure make good coffee.
我的天啊 别这么做
Oh, Jesus! Don’t do that, honey.
妳难不成想把妈吓死?
You wanna see Mommy lying in a cigar box covered with licorice?
这是妳弄的吗?
Did you do this?
你们喔
You guys.
我不是叫你们 别把椅子拉出来吗?
I asked you not to pull the chairs out.
电视里的人弄的吗?
The TV people?
妳看得到他们吗?
Do you see them?
妳呢?
Do you?
妳一定会很喜欢我们的厨房♥
I think you’re really gonna enjoy this kitchen.
这是我们最新的设计
This is our latest development. We call this phase four.
我们称之为第四期
你住在哪里 费林先生?
Where do you live, Mr. Freeling?
事实上 我们是第一个 搬来此地的家庭
We were the first family to set up house in the Cuesta Verde Estates.
第一阶段
Oh, phase one.
我们得先经过我家才能到这里来
We had to pass through my neighborhood to get here.
就是那个已经有人住的地方?
Oh, that area with the lived-in look.
没错 我想再过几个月
It has that, but in a couple of months you won’t be able to distinguish…
前三♥期♥的社区就会住满了
phase one from phase three to phase…
我们这里有一句俗话
We have a saying around here.
“这里到处都绿草如茵”
“The grass grows greener on every side.”
我也有同感 -亲爱的 这里的房♥子都好像啊
That’s the way I feel about it. – I can’t tell one house from the other.
你知道吗 我认为你说的对
I think you’re right.
不过我是觉得我们这里的 建筑标准非常宽松
But I think our construction standards are really very liberal.
我的邻居在房♥间里面 装了一个按♥摩♥浴缸
I have this neighbor, and he built his Jacuzzi in his bedroom…
然后接了一条水管 到户外的游泳池去
and it has a running aqueduct connected to a wading pool outside.
而游泳池一半在户外 一半则在客厅里
It’s built half in and half out of his living room.
他的房♥子还上了上个月的 建筑杂♥志♥呢
It was featured in last month’s issue of “Town and Country.”
我带你们去看看储藏室吧
I’ll show you the den.
亲爱的 快来
Honey, come here, quick!
车子怎么办? -快点 免得又停了
Hurry, before it stops again! – But the cans…
放这里就好 -好吧
Easy. – All right.
垃圾桶怎么办?
你站在这里 知道吗?
Just stand right here, okay?
听着 我还没有告诉黛娜和罗比 但是卡洛安知道 因为她当时在场
I’ve kept Dana and Robbie out of this, but Carol Anne was here so she knows.
黛娜会到处乱讲 罗比会吓得三个礼拜
Dana would blab, and Robbie would be up for three weeks.
睡在我们床上 -你要不要先坐下来
I think you should sit down.
不… 你站在这里
Now just stand, okay?
冷静点 -好
Now just be calm.
你还记得你过去 那种开放的胸襟吗?
Now reach back into our past when you used to have an open mind.
记得吗?
Remember that?
麻烦你待会儿 保持那种开放的胸襟
Just try to use that for the next couple of minutes.
好吗? -知道了
Okay? – Okay.
妈妈没有做晚餐
Mother didn’t cook any dinner.
我们到必胜客去 好不好?
We’ll go to Pizza Hut, okay?
你看 仔细看