五年前,他称波洛克的作品为“烤通心粉”。
Five years ago, he called Pollock’s work “baked macaroni.”
现在他说是,“一种坚不可摧的形象语言,
Now he says, “An impregnable language of image,
美丽而微妙的纯粹形式的图案。”
beautiful and subtle patterns of pure form.”
– 你们到啦。 – 是的,我们到了。
– Y’all made it. – Yeah, we made it.
– 怎么样? 嗨,伊丽莎白。 – 嗨,杰克。
– How was it? Hi, Elizabeth. – Hey, Jack.
你一定是杰里米。
You must be Jeremy.
爸爸从洛杉矶开车过来,都跑到100迈了。
Dad drove 100 miles an hour all the way from L.A.
你开玩笑吧。喔,嗨,你好啊。
You’re kidding. Wow. Hi. How are you?
– 很高兴见到你。- 很高兴见到你,弗兰克。你好,查尔斯。
– Nice to see you. – Nice to see you, Frank. Hi, Charles.
– 我听说过很多关于你的事。- 你叫什么名字?
– I’ve heard so much about you. – What’s your name?
嗨,妈妈。
Hi, Mom.
我的儿子们都聚齐了真好。
It’s so nice to have all my boys together.
我很高兴大家都到了。
I’m so glad everybody’s here.
你怎么样? 路上怎么样?
How you doing? How was the trip?
– 他好重啊。- 是的。- 他真重啊。给你。
– He’s so heavy. – He is. – He’s so heavy. There you go.
我想你了,你个狗♥日♥的♥。
I miss you, you son of a bitch.
我想你了。两码事啊。
I miss you. It’s just not the same.
本来就是两码事。
It never was the same to begin with.
– 你觉得怎么样? – 这像香格里拉。
– What do you think? – Shangri-la.
大家都没事吧?
Everybody okay down there?
你成功了,杰克。
You hit the big time, Jack.
11月那场展出你卖♥♥掉了多少? 妈妈信上说卖♥♥了18幅。
How many did you sell from that November show? Mother wrote 18.
那是我经历过的最好的展览。
That was the best show I ever had.
一下子让我赚翻了,挡都挡不住。
It all gets poured back into the house.
我在考虑买♥♥下隔壁的那块地,给李建个工作室。
I’m thinking of buying the acreage next door, put up a studio for Lee maybe.
腾出楼上的卧室,给她更多空间。
Free up the upstairs bedroom, give her more space.
我认为他可能比任何人都更能生动地表达杰克逊的艺术深度。
I think he probably articulated the profundity of Jackson’s art more eloquently than anyone has.
– 他们怎么样? – 都挺好。
– How are they? – Everyone’s fine.
– 妈妈在给杰拉德读《彼得潘》 – 在这儿。
– Mother’s reading Peter Pan to Gerald. – This one here.
这是最新的《艺术新闻》。
This is from the most recent Art News.
– 一个永远长不大的小男孩的故事 – 另一场狂欢。
– Story about a little boy who never grew up. – Another rave.
我迫不及待地想知道他会怎么评价杰克逊的下一场演出。
I can’t wait to see what he’s going to say about Jackson’s next show.
我不确定我是不是总能get到你的点,杰克。
I’m not sure I always get it, Jack.
我是美国唯一值得一看的画家。
I’m the only painter worth looking at in America.
真的没谁了。
There really isn’t anyone else.
– 我相信,杰克。- 这家伙想拍我的电影。
– I expect that’s true, Jack. – This guy wants to make a film on me.
– 为什么? – 好吧,他们拍过考尔德。(亚历山大·考尔德,美国著名雕塑家、抽象艺术家)
– Why? – Well, they made one on Calder.
我在“环形画廊”有个展览。
I have a show coming up at the Circle Gallery.
我以皮玛的名义参展。查尔斯·皮玛。
I’m exhibiting under the name of Pima. Charles Pima.
你♥他♥妈♥的干那个有毛用啊? 这个标价4000。
What the hell you doing that for? This is priced at 4,000.
花1500买♥♥了它,以后会值10万。
Buy it for 1,500, it’ll be worth 100,000 someday.
– 我啥都行。 – 我来个樱桃的。
– Just any kind for me. – I’ll have a cherry.
有人会说意大利语吗? 我需要会说意大利语的。
Does anybody speak Italian? I need somebody who speaks Italian.
– 你会说意大利语吗? – 不会。
Do you speak Italian? – No.
这是…意大利版的《现代艺术》。
Here it is– Arte Moderna.
我们来好好翻翻。《现代艺术》 。这是一篇写我的文章。
We figured out that much. Modern Art. There’s an article about me.
【尝试着意大利语】
[ Trying To Read Italian ]
有人知道这是啥意思吗?
Does anybody know what that means?
有人想猜字谜吗?
Does anybody wanna play anagrams?
这是有关“科联”的毕加索的事迹。
Here’s something about Povro Picasso.
“科联”的毕加索。听说过吗?
Povro Picasso. Did you hear that?
你知道啥意思吗?“科联”的毕加索?
What do you think that means, “Povro Picasso”?
我理解的是“可怜”的毕加索
I think it means ” Poor Picasso ”
“可怜”的毕加索?听着是像“可怜”的毕加索
“Poor Picasso”? Like poor Picasso?
你们听到了吗?“可怜”的毕加索,“可怜”的毕加索
Did you guys hear that? “Poor Picasso.” “Poor Picasso.”
毕加索比你的家人还重要吗?
Is Picasso more important than your family?
我做了一个梦。我在悬崖边上,
I had this dream. I’m at the edge of a cliff,
我的兄弟们都在那儿,他们四个都在那儿
and my brothers are there– they’re all there, all four of them–
他们想把我推下悬崖。
and they’re trying to push me off the cliff.
真♥他♥妈♥扯淡的噩梦。
A goddamn fuckin’ nightmare.
好,我们要开拍了。现在往回走。
Okay, we’re rolling. Now come back in.
别停。
Don’t stop.
很好。停!停!
That’s good. Stop! Stop!
到椅子那儿。坐下。
Go to the chair. Sit down.
穿上靴子。
Put your shoes on.
你的头太低了。抬起来点儿。
Your head’s too low. Lift it up.
别说话。我们要看见你的嘴在动。
Don’t talk. We see your mouth moving.
你要想象你是孤独的一个人。停。
You’re supposed to be alone. Cut.
我们再来一遍。你不能说话。
We gotta do it again. You can’t talk.
现在坐下。别看镜头。
Now sit down. Don’t look at camera.
很好…穿鞋。
That’s good– shoes.
对啦。
Yeah.
很好。棒极了。
That’s better. That looks good.
停!停!停!你要多花点时间凝视着什么。
Cut! Cut! Cut! You need to take more time looking.
就好像,我不知道该怎么说,就好像你在思考或着好奇。
Like, I don’t know, like you’re thinking or wondering.
停。
Cut.
杰克逊,停。
Jackson, cut.
停!胶卷用完了。
Cut! We ran out of film.
告诉他你不想这么做。
Just tell him you don’t want to do it.
我不能那样。
I can’t.
很失礼。
Not polite.
都快一个月了。
It’s been a month.
他也只是想把事干好。
He wants to get it right.
不管怎么说,不是那么回事。
It’s not just that, anyway.
我觉得自己是个骗子。
I feel like a phony.
波洛克,你是个伟大的画家。你只管画画就是了。
You’re a great painter, Pollock. Just paint.
He wants to shoot through glass so he can see my face.
你是明星。
You’re the star.
我觉得自己像个没壳的蛤蜊。
I feel like a clam without a shell.
操。
Fuck him.
操。这不是针对你啊。
Fuck him. It’s not for you.
我觉得这会是你最好的展出,杰克逊。
I think it’s going to be your best show ever, Jackson.
每件作品。
Everything works.
大的。
Big pictures.
小的。都是非凡的。
Smaller ones. Phenomenal.
但我不认为会卖♥♥得掉。
I don’t think it’s going to sell, though.
– 自己保重。 – 好的。
– Take care of yourself. – Will do.
真不敢相信他们还在外面。他一定冻僵了。
I can’t believe they’re still out there. He’s got to be frozen.
– 你好。 – 感恩节快乐。
– Hello. – Happy Thanksgiving.
好了,天暗了。
Yeah, the light’s gone.
就这样吧,杰克逊。
That’s it, Jackson.
你画好了。太棒了。真不可思议。
You’re done. It’s great. It’s marvelous.
杰克逊。杰克逊,你去哪儿了?
Jackson. Jackson, where have you been?
杰克逊,求你了。
Jackson, please.
该死,汉斯,我们需要来点儿这个。
Damn it, Hans, we need this.
过来。
Come in here.
来,给你。
Here, this one’s for you.
这是我两年来第一次喝酒。
First drink I’ve had in two years.
别犯傻,杰克逊。
Don’t be a fool, Jackson.
需要我搭把手吗?
You want me to do something else?
帮我切一下火鸡。
Carve the turkey for me.
– 肉汁。- 每个人都吃吗?
The gravy. Everyone eat?
火鸡就要上桌了。
The turkey will be served.
我不是骗子,你才是骗子。
I’m not the phony, you’re the phony.
– 开动吧! – 我不是骗子,你才是骗子。
Let’s eat! I’m not the phony, you’re the phony.
– 我不是骗子,你才是骗子。 – 杰克逊,够了,行吧?
– I’m not the phony, you’re the phony. – Jackson, enough, okay?
我不是骗子,你才是骗子。
I’m not the phony, you’re the phony.
我不是骗子,你才是骗子。
I’m not the phony, you’re the phony.
不,汉斯,我要你坐我边上。来。坐我边上。
No, Hans, I want you sitting next to me. Come on. Sit next to me.
就这。给你。不,赫尔曼,我坐在我哥们旁边。
Right here. Here you go. No, Herman, I’m sitting next to my buddy.
我不是骗子,你才是骗子。
I’m not the phony, you’re the phony.
敬我们的女主人一杯。
A toast to our hostess.
– 我不是骗子,你才是骗子。- 干杯!干杯!干杯!
– I’m not the phony, you’re the phony. – Toast! Toast! Toast!
– 我现在就搞吗,汉斯? – 开始吧。
– Should I do it now, Hans? – Here we go.
– 停! – 马上,汉斯?
– Stop it! – Now, Hans?
立刻。马上!
Now. Now!
贝蒂·帕森斯画廊 1950年11月28日
五年后
我知道我在《党派评论》上的文章引起了争议。
I understand there was a ruckus over my Partisan Review article.
去找来看看,李。
Go find it, Lee.
– 杰克逊。 – 犹太婆娘。
– Jackson. – Jewish cunt.
李让你来的吧。