太神经了。
Too neurotic.
你个傻×。
You dog.
天才。
Genius.
佩吉一定要看看这个。
Peggy must see this.
1942年10月16日,佩吉·古根海姆的本世纪艺术画廊开幕式
哈罗德和梅。嗨,你好吗?
Harold and May. Hi, how are you?
来,杰克逊。
Come on, Jackson.
过来,见见佩吉·古根海姆。
Come here, meet Peggy Guggenheim.
很高兴你们光临。
I’m so glad you made it.
李·克斯娜,杰克逊·波洛克,《现代》的詹姆斯·约翰逊·斯威尼,
Lee Krasner, Jackson Pollock, James Johnson Sweeney from the Modern,
– 佩吉·古根海姆女士。 – 你好。
– Miss Peggy Guggenheim. – Hello.
波洛克先生,霍华德总说起你。
Mr. Pollock, Howard has been talking about you.
谢谢你,霍华德。你一定要看看杰克逊的作品。
Thank you, Howard. You must see Jackson’s work.
必须的。好吧,玩得开心。
Yes. Well, enjoy yourself.
– 耳环很漂亮。 – 谢谢。
– I like those earrings. – Thank you.
太棒了,霍华德。但整个展览里
It’s great, Howard. But there’s not one American painter…
一个美国画家都没有。
in the whole goddamn show.
这是什么?
What’s this?
我看到了头,身体。
I see the head, the body.
这不是立体派,杰克逊,因为你并没有…
This isn’t Cubism, Jackson, because you’re not really breaking down…
把图形分解成多个视图。
the figure into multiple views.
你只是向我们展示了一个面。
You’re just showing us one side.
这又是什么,自♥由♥结合?无意识行为?
And what is this, free association? Automatism?
– 我只是在画画,李。- 但你所做的,杰克逊
– I’m just painting, Lee. – But what you’re doing, Jackson
别跟我说你不知道你在做什么。
and don’t tell me you don’t know what you’re doing.
你在尝试超现实主义吗?
Are you experimenting with surrealism?
这是个梦吗?
Is this a dream?
就算是个梦,它仍然是你看到的。它是生命。
Even if it’s a dream, it’s still what you see. It’s life.
你不是把颜料随便涂在画布上。你是在画画。
You’re not just randomly putting paint on the canvas. You’re painting something.
你不能为抽象而抽象,抽象要有现实的根源,
You can’t abstract from nothing. You can only abstract from life.
– 依托自然。 – 我就是自然。
– From nature. – I am nature.
如果你只从自己的内心出发,你就只能重复你自己。
If you only work from inside yourself, you’ll repeat yourself.
你咋不画呢?
Why don’t you paint the fucking thing?
“月光皎洁,照在波特太太和她女儿身上。
“The moon shone bright on Mrs. Porter and on her daughter.
苏打水冲洗着她们的脚。”
Washed their feet in soda water.”
– 什么鬼? – 艾略特。T.S.艾略特。
What the hell’s that? Eliot. T.S. Eliot.
先生们,敬艾略特。
Gentlemen, T.S. Eliot.
你听说高尔奇卖♥♥给《现代》了吗?
You hear Gorky sold to the Modern?
高尔奇就是头奶牛。
Gorky’s a cow.
你懂的,奶牛总是一边觅食一边进食,回到马厩后还在嚼东西。
You know, they forage and they eat, they come back in the stable still chewing.
他会花几个小时看毕加索的画,然后回到他的画室,吐槽一番。
He’ll go look at a Picasso for hours, go back to his studio and spit it out.
– 操他大爷的。 – 但他搞得不错啊。
– Fuck him. – But he’s so good at it.
是搞得不错,但是我们也要有所突破。
Yeah, he’s good at it, but we gotta break through this shit.
– 你觉得克莱恩怎么样? – 克莱恩是个婊♥子♥。
– What do you think of Kline? – Kline’s a whore.
– 毕加索呢? – 过气了。
– Picasso? – A has-been.
德库宁呢?
De Kooning?
他还行吧。还在探索呢。
He’s all right. He’s learning.
那你觉得杰克逊·波洛克怎么样?
What do you think of Jackson Pollock?
这也是我们想问的。
That’s what we think.
看着点儿!
Watch it!
杰克逊!
Jackson!
快点儿。
Come on.
亲爱的。
Honey.
我刚爬了五层楼梯。我是佩吉·古根海姆,
I have just climbed five flights of stairs. I am Peggy Guggenheim,
我才不会为了个没人在家而爬五层楼梯。
I do not climb up five flights of stairs to nobody home.
不,我才不爬五层楼呢!
Not I. I do not climb up five flights of stairs!
– 对不起。 – 对不起有什么用。
– We’re sorry. – Sorry is not the word for it.
– 我的脚踝很弱。 – 是我的错。
– I have weak ankles. – It’s my fault.
天啊,你喝多了。
My God, and you’re drunk.
– 你喝多了。你醉了吗? – 没有。
– You’re drunk. Are you drunk? – No.
佩佩…佩吉。
Peg– Peggy.
L.K.? L.K.? 这见鬼的L.K.是谁?
L.K.? L.K.? Who the hell is L.K.?
– 我不是来找L.K.的。 – 佩吉,这里。
– I didn’t come here to look at L.K. – Peggy, this way.
这才是要展出的东西。明显好一些。
Now, these show something. This is better.
The most powerful work to come round the pike, there’s no three ways about it.
你不是一个真正的超现实主义者,
You’re not really a surrealist,
我的几个美国人都是。
and well, my few Americans are.
杰克逊对欧洲现代派印象最深的是……
What’s most impressed Jackson about the European Moderns…
是他们的概念,艺术的来源来自潜意识。
is their concept that the source of art comes from the unconscious.
是的,是的,我非常同意。
Yes, yes, I’m sure.
霍华德。杰克逊,霍华德来了。
Howard. Jackson, Howard’s here.
喝咖啡吗?
Do you want coffee?
霍华德?杰克逊,霍华德来了。
Jackson? Howard’s here.
嗨,霍华德。
Hi, Howard.
这是你的第一个个人展,
You’ve got your first one-man show,
– 本世纪艺术展,11月7日。 – 牛逼,杰克逊。
– Art of This Century, November 7. – Bravo, Jackson.
– 祝贺你。 – 这儿,快坐。
– Congratulations. – Here, have a seat.
佩吉每月会预付给你150美元。
Peggy will give you a stipend of $150 a month.
如果到年底,艺术家的销♥售♥额没有达到预付总额,
If at year’s end, the artist does not sell equivalent to the advance,
再加上三分之一的佣金,他就要用画作来补偿差价。
plus one-third commission, he will make up the difference in paintings.
换句话说,亲爱的,你销♥售♥额达不到2400美元,
In other words, my dears, you don’t sell $2,400 worth,
所有作品就都是佩吉的,所以开卖♥♥吧。
Peggy owns all the work, so sell.
另外,佩吉委托你…
In addition, Peggy has commissioned you…
为她在61街和列克星敦大道交界处的新联排别♥墅♥的门厅画一幅壁画。
to paint a mural for the entrance hall to her new townhouse on 61st and Lexington.
很大,杰克逊,8×20英尺。
It’s big, Jackson, 8 feet by 20 feet.
你艺术天赋满满。
You have total artistic license.
你可以画任何你喜欢的东西。你会是这一季的焦点人物。
You can paint anything you like. You will be the sensation of the season.
这是我的新画家,杰克逊·波洛克。
This is my new painter, Jackson Pollock.
“本世纪艺术画廊”1943年11月8日
他们刚把一幅画捐给了惠特尼博物馆。
They just donated one of their paintings to the Whitney Museum.
托尼,你认识佩吉·古根海姆吧?
Tony, you know Peggy Guggenheim, don’t you?
– 托尼·史密斯,他是个很棒的建筑师。- 你好。哦。
– Tony Smith, he’s a wonderful architect. – Hello. Oh.
– 比尔。 – 德库宁先生。
– Bill. – Mr. De Kooning.
– 妈妈。 – 哦,我…我…我…上帝赐福。
– Mom. – Oh, my, my, my. God has provided.
– 妈妈,你还好吗? – 我很好,很好。
– How are you, Mom? – I’m fine, I’m fine.
– 这是哪位? – 我想向你介绍佩吉·古根海姆。
– Who is this? – I want to introduce you to Peggy Guggenheim.
– 你好 – 见到你真高兴。
– How do you do. – Oh, so lovely to meet you.
– 这位是詹姆斯·约翰逊·斯威尼。- 波洛克太太,你一定很自豪吧。
– This is James Johnson Sweeney. – Mrs. Pollock, you must be very proud.
全因我的孩子们。
Of all my boys.
杰克,看起来不错啊。
Jack, looks great.
好的,妈妈,慢慢转,好吗?
Well, enjoy. Well, Mom, look around, okay?
好的,我会的。谢谢。
Yes, I will. Thank you all.
这就不能算是画。
This isn’t painting.
– 你要走了? – 是的,我觉得不是太牛逼。
– Are you leaving? -Yes, I don’t think it’s so hot.
– 好吧,再回去看看。- 哦,李啊,李。
– Well, go back and look again. – Oh, Lee, Lee.
他很有创意,很有野心,但也有很多缺点。
He’s original, he’s ambitious, but there’s a lot of mud.
标题也是…自命不凡。
And the titles are… pretentious.
– 混浊不清。缺点比比皆是。- 回来吧,克莱姆,再看看。
– Muddiness. Mud abounds. – Go back, Clem, and look again.
– 快读,快读啊。 – 等一下,等一下好吧。
– Read it, read it. – Wait a minute, wait a minute. Okay.
杰克逊·波洛克正在举办他在
“Jackson Pollock is participating in his first one-man show…
本世纪艺术画廊的首次个人画展。
“at the Art of This Century Gallery.
他年级轻轻,精力充沛,挑战无极限。
Being young and full of energy, he takes orders he can’t fill.”
– 感谢你全家,克莱姆。- 听听其它的。
– Thanks a lot, Clem. – Listen to the rest of it.
波洛克汲取了米罗、毕加索、
“Pollock has gone through the influences of Miro, Picasso,
还有墨西哥绘画之类的东西,并且基本上在用他自己的画笔
“Mexican painting and whatnot and has come out on the other side…
另辟蹊径。
painting mostly with his own brush.”
– 还不赖。 – “基本上用自己的画笔?”
– Not bad. – “Mostly with his own brush”?
他的意思是说你有创造力。
The man is saying you’re an original.
– 一幅都没卖♥♥出去。 – 罗马城也不是一天建成的。
– Not one sale. – Rome wasn’t built in one day.
波洛克,你看出来什么了?
What do you see there, Pollock?
你已经看了好几个星期了。
You’ve been looking at it for weeks.
佩吉威胁说要重新考虑。
Peggy’s threatening to reconsider.
哦,天啊。
Oh,God.
哦,你和我说起来的时候…
Oh, when you talk to me…
对不起。
Sorry.
新年快乐,诸位!
Happy New Year, everyone!
克莱姆说,这幅壁画展现出来的绵绵不绝是它如此优秀的原因。
That the mural goes on and on, Clem says, is what makes it so good.
他认为这是一幅伟大的画。
He thinks it’s a great painting.
我觉得你找到了一个拥趸。
I think you found yourself a champion.
反正都是扯淡。你喜欢吗?
It’s all bullshit, anyway. Do you like it?
我爱它。
I love it.
你有过很多情人。