改编自史蒂芬·奈菲和格雷戈里·怀特·史密斯所著:《杰克逊·波洛克:一个美国传奇》
九年前
格林威治村 1941年11月
谁是世界上最伟大的鼓手?
Who’s the greatest drummer in the world?
– 克鲁帕 –对了。(基尼·克鲁帕Gene Krupa,爵士乐传奇鼓手)
– Krupa. – You got it.
– 就是那货。你猜对了。 – 我猜对了。
– That guy cooks. You’re damn right. – I got it.
狗♥日♥的♥毕加索。王八犊子。
Fuck Picasso. That fucking guy.
狗♥日♥的♥毕加索!狗♥日♥的♥毕加索!
Fuck Picasso! Fuck Picasso!
王八犊子。那狗♥日♥的♥都搞了。
Fucking guy. Fucking guy’s done it all.
可以了。你干得不错。
Okay. You’re doing good work.
不,我不行。我♥干♥得像泡翔。
No, I’m not. I’m not doing nothing worth shit.
狗屁不是!
It’s not worth shit!
现在,你得站稳了。
Now, you get on your feet.
我们有孩子了,桑迪。
We’re having a child, Sande.
他是我弟弟。
He’s my brother.
我再也忍♥受不了了。
And I’m not going to put up with it anymore.
收音机:美国政♥府♥昨天正式表示,
[ Radio ] The United States government authoritatively stated yesterday…
对日本的耐心已接近枯竭。
that its patience with Japan was nearing exhaustion.
日本和美国的政♥府♥官员在华盛顿
After nearly two weeks of negotiations in Washinton.
进行了近两周的谈判后,国务卿霍尔宣布,
between Japanese and American officials, Secretary of State Hall declared…
不会容忍♥日本军队
that another Japanese military move into Thailand…
再次进入泰国或其他地方。
or elsewhere would not be tolerated.
– 这一声明似乎预示着… – 热的。
The effect of the statement seemed to be that war… – It’s hot.
战争比以往任何时候都要近。
is closer than at any previous time.
其它新闻,首先是…
In other news, the first complete–
杰克逊.波洛克?
Jackson Pollock?
我是李·卡斯娜。我们在约翰格拉汉姆的展会上见过。
I’m Lee Krasner. We’re in John Graham’s show together.
你在工作吗?
You’re working?
和毕加索、布拉克之类的人聚一下可是件大事。
It’s pretty big-time stuff to be hanging with Picasso and Braque and that kind.
我以为我认识纽约所有的抽象艺术家,
I thought I knew all the abstract artists in New York,
可我却不知道杰克逊·波洛克
and I don’t know Jackson Pollock.
连名字我都没听说过。
Here’s a name I’ve never heard of.
所以,很冒昧,我就跑到这儿来了。我也可以改天再来。
So, being cheeky, I just hoofed it over here. I could come back another time.
-不,没关系。 – 我能看看你的作品吗?
– No, it’s all right. – Could I see your work?
我不知道在期待什么,但是天啊。
I didn’t know what I expected, but my God.
– 你师从哪位? – 没人。
– Who do you study with? – Nobody.
– 从来没有? – 汤姆·本顿。
– Did you ever? – Tom Benton.
– 本顿?你的画不像本顿的风格。
Benton? You don’t paint anything like Benton.
卡尔·荣格和约翰·格拉汉姆帮我摆脱了本顿的风格。
Carl Jung and John Graham helped me get over Benton.
你正在展出的是哪一幅?
Which one are you showing?
那幅。
That one.
– 我还没确定是否完成了。 – 我觉得你不用再添加什么了。
– I’m not sure I’m finished. – I don’t think you should touch it.
我希望你能来我的工作室。可以吗?
I’d like it if you would come to my studio. Would you?
当然可以。
Yeah, sure.
– 就在拐角的地方,你会来吗? – 好的。
– I’m just around the corner. Would you? – Yes.
谢谢。
Yeah, thanks.
23号♥
It’s 23–
东九街23号♥
23 East Ninth.
诚挚邀请,不用告诉我时间,随时,只管来就是了。
Really, yes. You don’t have to give me a when, just pop on over.
当你说你会来的时候,我没想到会花三个星期。
When you said you’d come by I didn’t think it would take three weeks.
– 还不到三星期。- 差一天。
– It hasn’t been three weeks. – To the day.
这不是我的,不是我画的。前情人画的。
It’s not mine, I didn’t do it. Ex-lover.
那个是我十年前画的。
That one I did ten years ago.
有点儿意思。
Interesting.
“为了谁我应该出租自己吗?”
“To whom shall I hire myself out?
“我必须崇拜什么野兽?什么圣像受到攻击?
“What beast must I adore? What holy images attacked?
我要伤谁的心?我该撒什么谎,该践踏什么血?”
What hearts must I break? What lie must I maintain, and what blood tread?”
取自兰波的《地狱季节》。(阿瑟·兰波 Arthur Rimbaud,法国象征派诗人)
Part of Rimbaud’s Season In Hell.
– 那就是我参加格拉汉姆展会的作品。- 那真是幅好画。
– That’s the one I’m putting in the Graham show. – That’s a damn good picture.
从作品可以看出你是个出色的女画家。
That works. You’re a damn good woman painter.
– 喝咖啡吗? – 好的,谢谢。
– You want coffee? – Yeah, sure. Thanks.
– 走吧。 – 怎么了?
– Let’s go. – What?
你不会以为我们在这儿喝吧?
You don’t think I make it here?
我以前见过你,你知道吗?
I met you before, you know?
大概是五年前吧。一个阁楼舞会。
It was maybe five years ago. A loft dance.
你喝得烂醉如泥。
You were six sheets to the wind.
横插♥进♥来,狠狠地踩了我一脚。
You cut in. You stepped all over my feet.
是的,有这事,没错。
Yeah. Got it, right.
– 你跌倒了压在我身上。 – 对不起。
– You were falling all over me. – I’m sorry.
你像个外国人,你知道吗。令我印象很深刻。
You’re overseas, you know. It’s kind of vivid in my memory.
我想要是你记得那天,让你知道些细节还挺不错的。
I thought if you remembered, to let you know it was okay.
谢谢。
Thanks.
是真的。
Really.
你什么时候和本顿学的?
When did you study with Benton?
1931年
’31.
(纽约)艺术学生联盟?
The Arts Students League?
我哥哥,查尔斯,跟本顿学画,
My brother, Charles, was studying with Benton,
所以我出来后…
and so I came out and…
也跟着他。
joined him.
你从哪儿来?
Where are you from?
亚利桑那。其实,应该是加利福尼亚。
Arizona. Actually, California.
– 我来自布鲁克林。 – 哦,我刚想问你从哪儿来。
– I’m from Brooklyn. – Oh, I was just going to ask you where you’re from.
我父母来自俄♥罗♥斯♥。我算是本地人。
My parents came over from Russia. I’m from right here.
俄♥罗♥斯♥。
Russia.
土豆。谢谢。
The potatoes. Thanks.
你们一直都这么吃吗?
Did you people eat like this all the time?
你要在城里待多久,波洛克太太?
How long will you be in the city, Mrs. Pollock?
待一阵儿。
For a spell.
哦,我们已经请妈妈来康涅狄格和我们一起住了。
Oh, we’ve asked Mother to come live with us in Connecticut.
桑德发现他们在考虑征召已婚带孩子…
Sande found out they’re thinking of drafting married men with children…
而且没干过军品的男人。
who aren’t involved in war production.
我在康涅狄格州找了份工作。
I took a job in Connecticut.
深水河。
Deep River.
为军队制♥造♥滑翔机。
Making gliders for the army.
哇哦,好啊,桑迪。
Well, gee. That’s great, Sande.
太棒了。庆祝一下。
That’s swell. Congratulations.
不是每个人都能做到4f的,杰克。
Not everyone can arrange to be 4-F, Jack.
本尼·古德曼,基尼·克鲁帕,再好不过了。
Benny Goodman, Gene Krupa, no one greater.
– 哈里·詹姆斯吹的小号♥。- 公♥寓♥就归你了,杰克。
– Harry James on trumpet. – The apartment will be all yours, Jack.
这下子你大把空间了。
You’ll have lots of space.
这是你能找到的最好的旅馆吗?
Is this the best hotel you could find?
– 她来干什么? – 李来带你回家。
– What’s she doing here? – Lee’s going to take you home.
她来干什么。
What’s she doing here?
你需要洗个澡。
You need to get cleaned up.
给他弄点儿牛奶和鸡蛋。
Feed him some milk and some eggs.
别走。
Don’t go.
好,来吧。
Okay, come on.
好的。好的。
That’s okay. It’s okay.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
四个月后
你一定要看看他的作品。
You’ve gotta see his work.
还没有人在做波洛克在做的事。
No one is doing what Pollock is doing.
是的,当然。如果你能过来就太好了。
Yes, of course. It would be just great if you can stop by.
太棒了。期待你的到来。再见。
Wonderful. We’ll look forward to it. Bye.
杰克逊,早餐在桌子上。
Jackson, breakfast is on the table.
李!
Lee!
鲁本。你好。
Reuben. Hello.
李·卡斯娜,霍华德·普策尔。见到你真高兴。
Lee Krasner, Howard Putzel. How nice to meet you.
霍华德一直在和佩吉·古根海姆合作。
Howard’s been working with Peggy Guggenheim.
霍华德,那就对了。
Howard, of course.
鲁本带着霍华德·普策尔来了,他可是和佩吉·古根海姆合作的。
Reuben’s here with Howard Putzel. He works with Peggy Guggenheim.
鲁傻×!
Rube!
你什么时候回来的?
When’d you get back?
这到底是怎么回事?我以为你在洛杉矶。
What the hell? I thought you were in Los Angeles.
– 他们让我长驻布鲁克林。 – 瞧你!
– They got me stationed in Brooklyn. – Look at you!
– 杰克逊,这位是霍华德·普策尔。 – 很高兴见到你。
– Jackson, this is Howard Putzel. – I am so very pleased to meet you.
– 我从高中就认识他了。 -我是在洛杉矶认识霍华德的,
– I’ve known this guy since high school. – I met Howard in Los Angeles…
– 在他在巴黎勾搭上佩吉之前。- 这边请。
before he hooked up with Peggy in Paris. Right this way.
– 我们昨天碰巧遇上了。- 芭芭拉和孩子们好吗?
– We ran into each other yesterday. – How are Barbara and the kids?
他们很好。再过几星期就来了。
They’re good. They’re coming out in a couple of weeks.
– 你要在这里待多久? – 他们要派我到印度去。
– How long you here for? – They’re going to ship me out to India.
– 你呢? – 4F。
– What about you? – 4-F.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!