不过 我并不孤单
I wasn’t really alone, though.
妈妈在我心里
She was with me.
每一次经历都和她息息相关
She was a part of every experience,
每一个决定
every decision,
每一段旅程
every journey.
她是我生命中的一部分
A part of the bear that I had become.
她的知识帮助我度过了三个漫长而艰苦的冬天
Her knowledge is what got me through those three long, grueling winters.
接下来的春天 发生了不同寻常的事情
And then that spring, something extraordinary happened.
我遇到了另一只冰熊
I met another ice bear.
与公熊曾经相处的经历让我非常谨慎
My experience with male bears made me very cautious.
但他彻底颠覆了我的认知
But that old fear quickly vanished.
他很友善
He was friendly.
我们同龄 也都独自生活了很久
We were the same age and had both been on our own for so long.
难得像无忧无虑的幼崽一样打闹
We just played together like carefree cubs the whole day.
还去了我最爱的地方
We ran off to my favorite spot.
我和弟弟曾经一起玩耍的冰架
The ice edge, where I used to play with my brother.
那天 我意识到并不需要畏惧所有的公熊
That day, I realized not all male bears had to be feared.
正如他突然地到来 他又突然地走了
Just as suddenly as he’d arrived, he was on his way again.
我们只是两只某天在无边冰川中偶然相遇的年轻冰熊
We were just two young bears who met one day
in the middle of the boundless ice.
同年春天 我新建立的信心将受到严峻的考验
Later that spring, my newfound confidence would be truly tested.
一头巨大的成年公熊 体型比我大两倍
A massive, full-grown male, more than twice my size.
他循着我的气味
He followed my scent,
在雪地里追踪着我的脚印
and tracked my footsteps in the snow.
这几天 他一直对我穷追不舍
For days, he shadowed my every move.
我一生都对公熊避之唯恐不及
I had been running from male bears my whole life.
但是这只公熊有些不一样
But something about this was different.
我感到一股力量
I felt a strength.
不再害怕
I wasn’t scared.
很快我就明白 他在追求我
I soon understood I was being courted.
他陪我度过了很多天
He stayed by my side for many days.
直到最后 时机差不多成熟了
Until finally, I felt the time was right.
我不希望有別的冰熊过来找麻烦
I wanted no trouble from any interfering ice bears,
于是引领着他远离海冰 走进山里
so I led him far away from the sea ice, into the mountains.
这段漫长而艰辛的跋涉
It was a long, tiring trek,
让我们在到达山顶前不得不停下来休息
and we had to stop to rest before we reached the summit.
我们一起睡着了
We fell asleep together.
我知道我能信任他
I knew I could trust him.
云端之上 距离我出生的洞穴不远处
Above the clouds, not far from the very cave where I was born,
他给了我 从跟家人分开以后
he would help provide me with the only thing I truly desired
唯一想要的东西
since parting with my family.
属于我的家人
A family of my own.
我再也不会见到他
I would never see him again.
第二年春天 我的愿望实现了
But the next spring, my wish came true.
我有了自己的幼崽
I had a cub of my own.
只有一只
Just one.
但这让她更加特别
But that made her all the more special.
她让我想起了我的弟弟
She so reminded me of my brother.
养育幼崽 回首童年
Nursing my own cub, looking back on my childhood,
我觉得我已经功成圆♥满♥
I felt I had come full circle.
尽管面对种种挑战 我还是成功了
And that despite all the challenges, I had succeeded.
我妈妈也成功了
My mother had succeeded.
我们冰熊是伟大的幸存者
We ice bears are great survivors.
即使世界变化无常 我们始终能从容应对
We have always mastered the changes we have faced.
我们通过世代相传的知识来应对恶劣的环境
We have done so by carrying the knowledge of those who’ve gone before.
哪里能找到冰
Where to find ice.
如何找到食物
How to find food.
如何适应不断变化的环境
How to adapt to an evolving landscape.
但我对这个世界的认知正在接近极限
But I am reaching the limits of what I know about this world.
这些新变化在我看来几乎是不可逾越的难题
These new changes seem to me almost insurmountable.
我的女儿将学习如何成为 一只出色的冰熊
My daughter will learn what it takes to be a great ice bear.
她会忍♥耐
She will endure.
但对她而言 何以为家呢?
But what kind of world will she call home?
到2040年的夏季 北极的冰可能完全消失
我们今天采取积极行动 可以改变北极熊的未来
北极熊国际协会正在努力保护
北极熊家族和它们的北极家园

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!