她有什么仇人或有谁非常嫉恨她吗?
Did she have any enemies
or someone who bore against her the grudge?
听我说,道尔先生
You see, Monsieur Doyle,
上船的头一天,我碰巧遇见你妻子
on the first day of the cruise, I had
a little encounter with your wife.
她有点心神不宁,她说这船上的每一个人
She was upset. She said that everybody,
注意,是每个人都恨她
她身边全是仇人
everybody, mark you, hated her
and she was surrounded by enemies.
可能夸张了点
Now, she was exaggerating,
但她强调的是不止一个人
but she did mean more than one person.
旅客名单上有个人…
There was a name, on the passenger list…
– 叫什么名字? – 她大致说过
– So, what name was that?
– She did next to tell me.
她的父亲做投机生意
You see, her father played the markets
有的人被套牢了
several people got it in the neck.
掮客们一朝蜂拥而至,一朝猢狲散尽
Rolling in it one day,
and in the gutter the next.
船上有个人的父亲就是这样
Someone on board
whose father was one of those,
他很厌恶林内特的父亲
had it in for Linnet’s old man.
林内特怕极了,她说人人都恨她
She said how awful it was,
everyone hating her
甚至连不认识她的人也那样
without even knowing her.
她提到过谁没有?
She did not mention a name?
告诉我,布尔热小姐
Tell me, Mademoiselle Bourget,
你最后见到道尔太太是什么时候?
what time was it, when you
last saw alive your mistress?
– 12点以后了,先生 – 然后呢?
– Sometime after midnight, Monsieur.
– And what then?
– 我就回我的客舱了,先生
– 你听到或看到什么没有?
– Then I went to my cabin, Monsieur.
– You heard or saw anything?
– 怎么会呢? – 这要你来说了,小姐
– How could I?
– Well, that is for you to say, Mademoiselle.
我的客舱在甲板下层的另一边
My cabin is on the deck below,
on the other side.
我什么也不可能听见
It is not possible I should hear anything,
假如我睡不着觉
unless I could not sleep,
假如我又回到甲板上
也许我会看见…
and came back up.
Then perhaps I see something,
那个凶手进出我太太的客舱
this monster enter or leave
my mistress’ cabin.
事实上,先生,我求你了
事情就这样…你还要我怎样呢?
As it is…Monsieur, I implore you!
You know as it is… what can I say?
天哪,你静一静
Calm down, for Heaven’s sake!
没事的,我会照顾你
It’ll be alright. I’ll look after you.
没人会责备你的
Nobody’s accusing you of anything.
你真好,先生
Monsieur is very good.
你知道谁非常恨道尔太太吗?
Do you know anyone who…
had a grudge against your mistress?
不,先生 大家都喜欢她
Non, Monsieur. Everybody loved her.
告诉我,道尔先生
Tell me, Monsieur Doyle,
这次旅行你太太带没带贵重的珠宝?
did your wife have with her, on this cruise
any jewelry that was valuable?
– 带了珍珠项链 – 那么这串项链哪去了?
– The pearls.
– Do you know anything about these pearls?
– 她昨晚上还戴着呢
– 你去睡觉时还在吗?
– She was wearing them last night.
– But did you see them when you went to bed?
– 是的,先生 – 她脱下来放哪儿了?
– Yes, Monsieur. – And where she put them?
– 床头柜上 – 今天早晨还在吗?
– On her bedside table.
– And where they this morning?
我没看,因为我一进房♥间
I did not see, because when
I come into the room
就看到太太…
the only thing I notice was Madame…
…死了 – 是的,小姐,但是今天早晨在床头柜上
… dead.
– Oui bien, Mademoiselle, but I did see
我的确没有看见珍珠项链
and there were no pearls
on her bedside table this morning.
谢谢
Merci.
我隐隐约约听见东西掉水里
和轻轻的跑步声
I think I heard a splash
and someone running.
顺序我记不清了
Or was it the other way about?
– 那会儿几点钟了? – 我上♥床♥后一小时
– Do you know what time that was?
– An hour after I went to bed?
或者更久一些,我吃不准
Or maybe more, I can’t be sure.
– 你以前见过道尔太太吗? – 没有
– Did you ever met Madame Doyle before?
– No,
但是我们的一个亲戚乔安娜.索思伍德
经常跟我们提起她
but I’d heard a lot about her
through a relative of ours, Joanna Southwood.
当然还有蒂姆,他见过林内特
And through Tim, of course,
who had met her.
再问一下,太太
One more question, Madame.
道尔太太的父亲是否耍过手段
Did your family ever suffer financially
让你们家的经济状况陷入了困境?
with the dealings of the father of Madame Doyle?
没有 钱嘛总归是越用越少的
No. The family finances never
suffered except by dwindling.
情况还没到那么夸张的地步
Our poverty has never been melodramatic.
我被嘈杂声吵醒了
I was woken by lots of different voices,
接着听到有人在甲板上小跑
then somebody running along the deck,
随后就是东西掉水里了
then a splash.
你肯定你听到的不是枪声吗?
You sure it was not a shot that you heard?
有可能是
It might have been.
我确实听到塞子蹦出来的声音
I did hear a cork pop.
有可能是枪声吧,水声听得不是很真切
Perhaps that was the shot
and I imagined the splash.
有点乱糟糟的,塞子弹出啊,东西掉水里啦…
You know, sort of association,
a cork popping, liquid splashing…
– 后来呢? – 就安静了
– And after that? – Oblivion.
我听见有人在甲板上
接着就是东西掉水里了
I heard somebody on the deck
and then a splash.
– 你还记得是几点吗? – 1:10,我看过钟
– Do you know what time this was?
– 01:10. I looked in my clock.
– 你没听见枪声? – 是的,没有
– You did not hear a shot?
– No, I did not.
你知道那水花声是怎么回事吗?
Have you any idea of what
might have caused the splash?
– 哦,是的 – 你知道?
– Oh, yes. – You do?
我知道得一清二楚
I know exactly what it was.
我走到客舱的门口往外看
I went to the door of my cabin.
那个老骚货的女儿
The daughter of that
hedious woman in the turban
正扶着船舷,把什么东西扔进了水里
was leaning over the rail,
she just dropped something into the water.
– 你没看错? – 瞎说有什么意思?
– You quite sure?
– Why else would I have said it?
– 进来 – 找到啦,上校
– Yes? – We’ve found it, Colonel.
干得好
Good job.
你在旅馆见过的就是这把枪吗?
Is this the gun you saw at the hotel?
是的,就是这把
Yes, it is.
打了两发子弹,这一定就是凶器
Two shots fired.
This must be the weapon.
还有我的披肩,怎么成这样子了?
What about my stole?
Look at the state of it!
你在哪里丢的?
Where did you last see this?
– 昨晚上我在休息室还戴过呢
– 我倒要好好看看
– I had it in the lounge, yesterday evening.
– Please, do observe.

Hélas!
哦,凶手一定是拿它使枪声发闷
So, the murderer must have
used this as a silencer.
太无礼了
The impertinence!
呃,范.斯凯勒小姐
披肩我们借用一下好吗?
Er… Miss Van Schuyler,
would you excuse us, please?
冯.梅克伦堡伯爵知道了一定会发脾气的
Count Von Mecklenburg
will be most displeased.
不,不,这说不通啊
Non, non! It does not make sense!
如果凶手要我们将杰奎琳.德.贝勒弗当作嫌犯
If the murderer wishes us to believe
that Jaqueline de Bellefort is the culprit,
那他为何要把能作为重要证据的手♥枪♥
why throw the revolver,
the evidence the most accusing of all,
扔进尼罗河呢?
into the River Nile?
我告诉你们,我从没离开过我的客舱
I told you, I never left my cabin.
嗯,那就奇怪了,小姐
因为有人说看到过你了
Well, that is strange, Mademoiselle,
because someone said that saw you.
– 谁? – 范.斯凯勒小姐
– Who? – Mademoiselle Van Schuyler.
她说她往舱外张望的时候
看见你把什么东西扔到了水里
She looked outside her cabin,
and saw you throwing something over the side.
– 她说还看到了什么没有? – 没有
– And what else did she claim to have seen?
– Nothing,
但她听到了动静:有人在道尔太太客舱外走动
but she heard something: someone
moving about the cabin of Madame Doyle.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!