– 谢谢了,大夫 – 再见上校
– Thank you, Doctor.
– Colonel.
这么说来,午夜时分道尔太太还活得好好的
So, at midnight Madame Doyle
was alive and well.
– 是的,我看见她回客舱的
–
– Yes, I saw her to her cabin.
– Who was remaining in the lounge?
道尔,贝勒弗小姐,罗伯森小姐,还有我
Doyle, Miss de Bellefort,
Miss Robson and myself.
– 你们都在做什么? – 弗格森先生在看杂♥志♥
– What were you all doing?
– Mr. Ferguson was reading a magazine,
我在说自己的事,贝勒弗小姐在…
and I’d got embroiderie
and Miss de Bellefort was…
– 喝酒 – 是的
– Drinking. – Yes.
酒量大得要命
Like a fish.
我几次想走,但是她不让
And I tried to leave once or twice,
but she made me stay
我心里很不舒服
and I was getting very uncomfortable
过了一会,弗格森先生就到甲板上去了
and so was Mr. Ferguson,
he went out on deck.
里面太闷了
It was pretty stuffy in there.
后来,贝勒弗小姐掏出一支手♥枪♥
Then, Miss de Bellefort pulled out a pistol
打中赛蒙的腿部,我马上叫来了弗格森先生
and shot Mr. Doyle in the leg
and I called for Mr. Ferguson.
弗格森先生叫大家不要慌
后来来了一个船员
And Mr. Doyle said not to make a fuss,
then one of the stewards came.
弗格森先生对他说我们在玩游戏
And Mr. Ferguson told him
it was all a sort of a game
贝勒弗小姐大哭起来,我们送她回客舱
and then Miss de Bellefort started to cry
and so we took her to her cabin.
我一直陪着她
弗格森先生这时去叫贝斯纳大夫
And I stayed with her,
while Mr. Ferguson got Dr. Bessner.
– 这时候几点了? – 不好意思,我不知道
– At what time was this?
– Mercy, I don’t know.
大概12点20分
About twenty past twelve,
因为我去睡觉时已经12点半了
because it was half past
when I finally turned in.
贝勒弗小姐肯定没有离开过客舱吗?
And you are quite sure that
Mademoiselle de Bellefort did not leave the cabin?
千真万确
Positive.
那么,她在12点20分就不可能去杀道尔太太了
And she couldn’t have shot Mrs. Doyle
before, let’s say at twenty past twelve?
你陪了她多久呢,罗伯森小姐?
How long did you remain with her,
Mademoiselle Robson?
我陪了她一晚上,她一直昏睡着
Well, I was with her all night.
She never woke once.
大概是喝了酒的缘故
I think it was probably the drink.
嗯,就现在看来,她不在案发现场
Bien. So far, she has the alibi parfait.
道尔先生嘛,我也很理解
And Monsieur Doyle, I understand,
他最担心的就是杰基没人陪
was most anxious that she
should not be left alone.
是啊,他就担心杰基干出什么蠢事
Yes, he was quite worried
that she might do something stupid.
她甚至说她不想活了
She even said that she wanted
to kill herself.
那支手♥枪♥呢?
And the pistol?
– 丢在哪儿了? – 杰基扔掉了枪
– What happenned to that?
– She dropped it.
把它踢到椅子下面去了
And kicked it under a chair,
我去找的时候
but when I went to get it,
枪却没有了
it’d gone.
没了?
Gone?
这才是问题的关键
Now we begin to arrive.
贝勒弗小姐在离开休息室之前
You are quite certain that
Mademoiselle de Bellefort
肯定还没有恢复清醒状态吗?
did not recover it
before she left the lounge?
– 是的 – 当然
– Yes. – Absolutely.
她没有机会返回休息室来捡枪
And she had no opportunity
of returning to retrieve it.
你和贝斯纳大夫扶道尔先生回客舱
So how long was it between the time
到你再回去找枪
that you and Dr. Bessner carried
Monsieur Doyle out to the cabin
这中间相隔多少时间?
and when you returned
to look for the pistol?
– 五分钟吧 – 五分钟
– Five minutes? – Five minutes.
在这五分钟里,有人拿了那枪
In those five minutes,
someone removed the pistol
而那个人又不是杰奎琳.德.贝勒弗
and that someone was not
Jacqueline de Bellefort.
那么我们可以假设,这个人无意中听到
Then we may assume that
this person has overheard
或看到了休息室里发生的一切
or seen some of the events proceeding.
– 你怎么推断出来的? – 因为你告诉我们
– But how would you made that up?
– Because you told us
枪掉在了看不见的地方
所以它不可能无意中被人发现
that the pistol was out of sight,
so it could hardly be discovered by accident.
嗯,杰基开枪前甲板上没人啊
Well, I saw no one on the deck
before the shot was fired.
– 你站在哪一边,先生? – 右舷吧
– On which side were you, Monsieur?
– Starboard, I think.
如果有人站在左舷,你是看不见的
So, if someone was on the port side,
you could not have seen them.
是的,看不到了
No, I suppose not.
除了那个船员,还有人听到枪声吗?
Did anyone hear the shot,
appart from the steward?
我吃不准
I doubt it,
总之,像瓶塞弹出来的声音
it sounded like a cork popping, anyway.
你入睡后有没有听到别的什么动静?
Did you hear anything at all after retiring?
有点像水花飞溅的声音,像是往水里扔…
I think I heard a kind of…splash,
just as I was dropping…
时间大概几点?
What time would that be?
“严刑逼供”法语里怎么说?
What’s the French for “third degree”?
– 回答问题 – 1点?12点55分?1点05分?
– Just answer the question.
– 1 o’clock? 12:55? 1:05?
天晓得 问够了没有?
Who knows? Now, would that be all?
嗯?哦,是的 先生,谢谢你的帮助
Hm? Oh…yes. Thank you,
Monsieur, for your help.
顺便问问…
By the way…
– 你到底是谁? – 这个问题愚蠢至极
– Who exactly are you?
– What a damn fool question!
你热昏头了是吗?
Heat’s getting too much for you, is it?
嗯?没有,承蒙你关心
Hm? No, but thank you for your concern.
这个年轻人好粗野
What a frightfully rude young man!
哦,还有件事,小姐…
Oh, one thing more, Mademoiselle…
你以前和道尔太太碰过面吗?
had you ever met Madame Doyle
before this trip?
– 没有,从来没有 – 谢谢
– No. Never. – Merci.
再见
Good day.
这不是我♥干♥的,你要相信我
I…I didn’t do it,
you must believe me.
我昏了头了,差点杀了赛蒙
但林内特不是我杀的
I was in such a state, I could have
killed Simon, but I didn’t do the other.
好了,好了…
There, there…
这我们都知道了,小姐
We know , Mademoiselle.
– 是吗? – 是的,已经证实了,我亲爱的小姐
– You do? – Oh yes, it is proved, mon enfant,
不是你干的
it was not you.
哦,谢天谢地
Oh! Thank God for that!
– 那么是谁干的呢?
– 哦,有人能提供线索就好了
– So, who was it?
– Ah! That is where we need help.
除了我,还有谁会要她的命呢?
I can’t think of anyone
who wanted her dead, except for me.
我要她死,她就真死了
I wanted her dead, and she is dead.
– 怎么死的都和我说的一样
– 是的,子弹打穿了头部
– And she died just like I said.
– Oui. Shot through the head.
懂了吧?我说得没错
那晚在旅馆外面是有人在偷听
See? I was right. There was someone
listening that night, at the hotel.
– 会是谁呢? – 你能肯定是个男人吗?
– Who could it have been?
– Are you certain it was a man?
不,大概吧
No, I just assumed.
请进
Entrez.
– 道尔现在可以见你 – 他还好吧?
– Doyle is ready to see you now.
– Is he alright?
他当然不好,你开枪打了他
Of course he’s not alright, you shot him.
他不会死吧?
He’s not going to die, is he?
他的体格还是蛮好的
He has the constitution of a peasant.
我们要让他接受更好的治疗
要给他拍X光片
We will get him to civilization,
where he’ll have an x-ray and proper treatment.
我们都知道杀害你妻子的
不是杰奎琳.德.贝勒弗小姐
We now know that it was not Jacqueline
de Bellefort who shot your wife,
那么,你能告诉我们
so, can you give to us any idea
谁会是那个凶手吗?
of who you think that might have been?