– Madame. Monsieur Allerton.
我说,波洛先生
Now, Mr. Poirot,
你帮我认几个旅客名单上的人好吗?
perhaps you could help put a face
on one or two of the passenger list.
– 比如内斯纳大夫 – 那位就是,太太
– Dr. Bessner, for example.
– Over there, Madame.
哦,是啊,那个胖胖的
Oh yes, the plump one,
头剃得光光的,留一撮俾斯麦式的小胡子
with the shaved head
and the Bismarck moustache.
– 一定是德国人 – 不,我看是奥地利人
– German, no doubt.
– No, Austrian, I believe.
管他呢,都是德国佬
A boche, whatever.
那么,我断定那个忧郁的绅士
So, by a process of elimination,
the rather glum looking gentleman
一定就是弗格森先生
– 没错,一个有进步思想的年轻人
– must be Mr. Ferguson.
– Oui, a progressive thinker,
– 我是这么认为的 – 表面反叛,夸夸其谈
– so I understand.
– Bragging bolshy, more like.
哦,这个人倒是蛮有派头的
Now, there’s someone I’d
throw my cap into the arene for.
– 妈妈 – 多有性格的下巴
– Mother! – That ruthless jaw.
还非常有钱,就像这儿大部分人一样
And extremely rich.
As are most people here.
哦,这个老菜皮可真难看
My, she’s ugly!
就像刚从土里挖出来的一样
Looks something unearthed from a dig.
她很漂亮吧?
Isn’t she lovely?
夫人,请
Madame.
她可真会摆架子啊
She really knows
how to make an entrance.
– 晚上好,小姐. – 晚上好,波洛先生.
– Good night, Mademoiselle.
– Good night, Monsieur Poirot.
看到我在这儿你很吃惊是吗?
You were surprised to find me here?
与其说吃惊,倒不如说是遗憾
I am more sorry than surprised.
你踏上了一条极其危险的旅途,小姐
You have chosen a path
that is most dangerous, Mademoiselle.
如果现在回头一切还来得及
I doubt that you would turn back now,
even if you could.
哦,是吗?
Ah, well…
人必须顺从命运
One must follow one’s star.
爱情又不是生活的全部
Love is not everything.
对我就是的,就是的
But it is, it is.
这点你必须清楚,波洛先生
You must know that, Monsieur Poirot.
一定要理解
Surely you understand.
这就太糟糕了,小姐
It is terrible, Mademoiselle,
我生命中看来就缺这个了
all that I have missed in life.
– 晚安,波洛先生. – 晚安.
– Good night, Monsieur Poirot.
– Good night.
哦,罗伯森小姐,你的同伴怎么没一起来?
So, Mademoiselle Robson,
your companion, she does not come ashore?
是这样的,玛丽表姐虽然要人照顾
Well, you see, cousin Marie has to be
very careful about her health,
但她人还是很好,就放我一个人出来溜达溜达
but she was frightful kind and said
it would be alright for me to come.
– 她可真不错啊 – 哦,是的
– That is most gracious of her.
– Oh yes, she is.
她能带我来旅游
It’s simply wonderful of her
简直太好了 我真的太幸运了
to bring me on this trip.
I’m such a lucky girl!
我一直梦想去旅行,这次我激动死了
你呢波洛先生?
I always dreamed of traveling. It’s amazing,
have you ever in your life…?
人类的杰作真不可思议
Isn’t it miraculous
what Man can create?
你知道为了造这些死了多少人吗?
People died building this, you know?
照你这么说,岂不是没有斯芬克斯
没有宏伟的陵墓和神庙却更好了?
So you preferred it there were no sfynxes,
no beautiful tombs, no temples?
重要的是人,石头算什么?
It’s people that matter, not stones.
天哪,这个石像是什么神?
God, what were they actually for?
我也不太清楚
I never really thought about it.
可能是这里的守护神吧
Perhaps they were their equivalent
to garden gnomes.
蒙得好,赛蒙,不过有点离谱了
Nice try, Simon,
but just a little wide of the mark.
其实这是斯芬克斯,希腊神话里的妖怪
The sphynx was, in fact,
a monster from Greek mythology
它有着女性的容貌
with a woman’s head.
看哪,还有母狮的身段,据说…
See? And a lionesse’s body and said…
不想听下去了?它出谜题给经过的人猜
Don’t you want to know?
It said riddles to travelers
谁若是猜错了就杀掉谁
and killed those who got them wrong.
就签在这儿
Just sign right there.
这是纽约第五大街公♥寓♥的租赁协议
And this is the lease agreement
for the Fifth Avenue apartment.
是的
Yes.
嗯,就签在这儿
Yes, sign right there.
– 一点没有问题 – 这我相信,不过我还是要看一遍
– It’s perfectly in order.
– I’m sure it is, but I like to read everything.
哦,我这一辈子从没看过什么法律文件
Gosh, I never read
a legal document in my life!
– 你呀,就是想清闲 – 协议写得很清楚,亲爱的
– How careless of you.
– It’s really straighforward, my dear.
– 都是一些法律术语 – 要是我就直接签了
– It’s just a lot of legal jargon.
– I just sign at the dotted line.
那样不就太冒险了吗?
Now that can be quite risky,
don’t you think?
亲爱的,像你这么认真,我们就哪儿也去不成了
Darling, if you carry on this way
we’ll be here all day.
– 要不…以后再签吧? – 那也好
– Why don’t we… do this later?
– I think it’s a very good idea.
这鬼天气越来越热了
It’s getting frightfully hot up here.
– 你去哪儿了? – 对不起,玛丽表姐
– Where have you been?
– I’m sorry, cousin Marie,
我迷路了 – 我看你是无可救药了
but I couldn’t find it.
– You’re a really hopeless creature.
我是不是笨得不能再笨了?
I can be rather stupid, can’t I?
你呀,简直笨到家了
You most certainly can.
哦,你杂♥志♥忘拿了
Oh, you forgot your magazine.
人何苦要受那样的气?
What is the point of someone like that?
有钱人签几个文件就要休息
And that rich kid? Signs
a few documents and then has to rest
就因为天气太热了
because it’s so frightfully hot.
那你有什么高见呢,弗格森先生?
And what sets you apart,
Monsieur Ferguson?
我让人们头脑保持清醒
I make people aware.
我从来不像纨绔子弟那样游手好闲
And I certainly don’t
swan around like a fop.
你来这儿有何贵干,波洛先生?
Why are you actually here,
Monsieur Poirot?
我是来度假的,你呢?
I’m on holiday. And you?
我是来体验风土人情的
I’m studying conditions.
– 波洛先生 – 太太
– Monsieur Poirot… – Madame.
对不起,瞧这船摇的
I’m so sorry, it’s all the motion.
我晕船的老♥毛♥病又犯了
I can’t seem to find my sea legs.
这船晃得要命
All this pitching and jolting!
我看你还是…
I think it would be best if…
– 那个野丫头呢? – 你还是进去吧,太太
– Where’s that wretched girl?
– You do go back inside, Madame.
让我一个人受这份罪…
Leaving me to suffer, hour upon hour…
上帝啊,要是船沉了,波洛先生
God help if we go down, Monsieur Poirot!
我会被鱼细嚼慢咽地吞掉的…
The thought of being nibbled
by haddock and carp…
– 我看这里太危险了 – 是呀,是呀…
– It is a little too dangerous out here, hm?
– Yes, yes…
你会从甲板上掉下去
You might be swept overboard.
那样,我就投入了海神的怀抱
And end my days in Neptun’s arms,
像老古董一样被遗弃了
covert in carbuncles like an old wreck…
别,别,别…
Non, non, non, non…
能在这儿与道尔太太不期而遇
No doubt it was a pleasant surprise
我想你一定喜出望外吧
to run into Linette Doyle
and discover she was married.
是的,是的,那当然
Yes. Yes, it was.
哦,其实是她写信告诉我的
Well, actually she did write me about it,
那时我已经离开纽约了
I’d already left New York,
坐的是卡米尼克号♥ – 哦,卡米尼克号♥?
on the Carmanic. – Oh! The Carmanic?
是的
Yes.
还好,她全部的文件你都带着
Most fortunate then,
that you had with you all of her documents.
这不关你的事
That’s truly none of your business.
不过,既然你提到了
But, as you mentioned it,
我就告诉你,见面之后我就将文件寄回去了
I had them sent over after we met.
我失陪了…
Now, if you’ll excuse me…
当心掉到洞里…
Don’t fall on the hole…
哈索尔女神经常被描绘成长着翅膀的母牛

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!