I am simply the man of leisure.
你可真老实,一月份就不在伦敦呆了?
Essential, n’est-ce pas,
to be out of London in January?
可怜的人,老骚货开始勾引他了
Poor man.
She’s got her claws into him already.
我是为我的新书,来感染一下当地色彩
I’m here for the local colour.
My new book,
《沙漠之面上的白雪》
情节就设置在这儿
“Snow on the Desert’s Face”,
is set on these parts.
毫无疑问,这又是一个激♥情♥故事
No doubt, of course,
it’ll cause another furor,
不管别人怎么看,我就是敢说
but, no matter, I speak the truth.
为什么大家对性这么忌讳呢?
Why is everyone so afraid of sex?
晚会之星来啦
The stars of the show.
我看哪,她要是有点自知之明就好了
You’d think she’d have
some sense of shame.
别拿老眼光看人
Don’t be so old-fashioned.
我觉得她相当迷人
She’s rather lovely, I must admit.
在英国,像林内特.里奇韦这么
气质优雅的女继承人还真不多见
Linnet Doyle is the only heiress
in England who doesn’t look like an horse.
你好,安德鲁大叔
Hello, Andrew.
我太激动了
Spectacular!
过去坐吧
Right over here.
今晚好像大家都聚到埃及来了
It seems that everybody who is anybody
is in Egypt, ce soir.
这地方真吸引人啊
The lure of the fresh spot, no doubt.
– 记得吗,我的赛蒙 – 当然
– Remember Simon? – Yes.
真不可思议啊,对吗?
Incredible, isn’t it?
数百万失业的人成就了
Millions unemployed,
一个在德国想篡权的疯子,我们还知道
a lunatic about to take the power
in Germany and all we read about is
有个被宠坏的穷小子
却成了他情人闺蜜的未婚夫
some spoiled brat ditched a Lord
for her best friend’s fiancé.
有的人什么都有了
Some people have everything.
这取决于你看问题的角度了
Depends on what you think’s worth having.
– 你好,赛蒙 – 你好
– Hello, Simon. – Hi, how are you?
你好,蒂姆
Hello, Tim.
林内特,你真漂亮
Linnet, you’re divine.
这位是安德鲁.彭宁顿,我的美国托管人
我们在开罗碰到的
This Andrew Pennington, my american trustee.
We just bumped in him in Cairo.
哦,是的,很凑巧
Oh, yes, quite a coincidence…
妈妈,我看波洛先生肯定要休息一会了
Mother, I’m sure Monsieur Poirot
would like to rest.
不,不,不…我看这主意不错
Non, non, non…
I think that is a great idea.
不,不,因为我这个人对晚餐比较挑剔
Non, non, because my dinner seems
a little reluctant to settle.
我就失陪一会儿了…
If you’ll excuse me…
当然可以,先生,我们回头见
Of course, Monsieur.
We shall resume très bientôt.
再见
Au revoir.
林内特
Linnet!
碰到你真叫我惊讶
What a simply divine surprise!
我们总是不期而遇,是吗?
We just can’t stop bumping
into each other, can we?
你好啊,赛蒙
Hello, Simon.
你的脸色有点疲惫,亲爱的
是她让你这么憔悴的对吗?
You look a little tired, darling.
Wearing you out, is she?
要是我就把他看得紧紧的,亲爱的
他这条可怜虫可狡猾啦
I’d hang on tight, ducky (dear).
He’s a slippery fish.
回头见
I’ll be seeing you.
– 你没事吧? – 没事
– Are you alright? – I’m fine.
– 小姐 – 但愿我妈妈
– Mademoiselle. – I hope my mother
没让你心力交瘁
hasn’t exhausted you.
– 一点也没有 – 她这个人什么都做得出来
– Not at all. – I know how exhausting she can be.
– 林内特.道尔非常漂亮,是吗? – 是的,小姐
– Linnet Doyle’s very beautiful, isn’t she?
– Oui, Mademoiselle.
还很有钱
And very rich too.
我在报上看到过,她的照片到处都是
I read about her in the papers, of course,
seen her photograph everywhere,
不过,亲眼看到后感觉就是不一样
but nothing can quite prepare you
for how lovely she’s in the flesh.
一般第一眼看到一个人我不会那么厌恶的
I don’t think I’ve ever
hated anyone so much on first sight.
不过,闪光的并不都是…
But not all that glitters…
她倒是没有叫我厌恶
生活真不公平啊,波洛先生
Not in her case.
Life is not fair, Monsieur Poirot.
你感到生活对你不公吗,小姐?
Has life been unfair to you,
Mademoiselle?
见过我妈妈就知道了
You’ve met my mother.
波洛先生
Monsieur Poirot.
– 我不是有意要吓你… – 没有…
– I didn’t mean to startle you…
– Non, non, non…
…但是我很想跟你说说话
… but I am very anxious to speak to you.
乐意效劳,太太
At your service, Madame.
– 你知道我是谁,对吗? – 是的,当然知道
– You know who I am, perhaps?…
– Yes, I know exactly who you are.
那就直说吧
I’ll go straight to the point:
我遭到了无法忍♥受的骚扰
I’m a victim of an intolerable persecution.
骚扰?
Persecution?
要不你再说得明白一点…?
Perhaps if you could explain
a little further…?
事情很简单,我的丈夫在结婚前
It’s really very simple.
Before I met my husband,
跟我的朋友杰奎琳.德.贝勒弗订了婚
he was engaged to a friend of mine,
Jacqueline de Bellefort.
后来他们合不来,所以他就毁了婚约
Now, they weren’t remotely suited
and he broke it off.
而她呢,很遗憾,把这事看得很严重
She, I’m sorry to say,
has taken it rather badly,
她纯粹是为了出气,于是我们到哪她跟到哪
and, out of pure spite, has chosen
to hound us wherever we go.
我明白了,你们来这儿度蜜月,她也…
And you are here, I understand,
on your honeymoon…
没错 最初跟踪我们到威尼斯
That’s right.
Now, she first appeared in Venice,
后来到了布林迪西,开罗,再到这儿
and then in Brindisi, then in Cairo,
and now here.
不能让她再这样发神经了
She simply cannot be allowed
to carry on like this.
但她有行动的自♥由♥啊
But she’s perfectly within her rights.
我很抱歉,不过你看到她刚才那副样子了吗?
I’m sorry, did you not see
the way she behaved just now?
是的,但是她的确没有威胁你
Oui, but she did not
actually threaten you,
或者给你造成人身伤害
or cause you any bodily harm.
不,显然她觉得自己非常♥委♥屈,太太
Non, evidently she is very much
aggrieved, Madame.
如果你是在暗示我抢了我朋友的未婚夫的话
If you’re implying that I stole
my friend’s fiancé,
那么我可以明确地告诉你不是这样
then I assure you’re wrong.
她爱过赛蒙,这不假
She loved him, yes,
但是付出不等于就有回报
but her feelings were not reciprocated.
赛蒙即使在遇到我之前
就已经清楚和杰基的交往是个大错
Even before he met me,
he knew he’d make a mistake.
你没意识到你做出选择不是时候吗?
But wasn’t there a moment
when you realized that you had a choice?
你什么都有了,而你的朋友呢
You have everything,
but your friend,
就我看来只拥有她的赛蒙
from what I understand,
had him only.
不,请原谅我的鲁莽
太太,但是
Non. Pardon my impertinence,
Madame, but
我觉得你有点负罪感
I suspect you’re feeling a little guilty.
不管怎样你劝劝她好不好?
Couldn’t you, at least,
try to reason with her?
太太,我是在度假
Madame, I am on holiday.
肯定能想出办法的
I’m sure we could come to
some kind of arrangement.
算了,太太
Non, Madame,
我看没什么把握
I am sure we could not.
失陪
Excuse me.
知道吗,她真的威胁过要杀我们
She did threaten to kill us, you know.
不过,她这个人的确有点容易冲动
But then, she does have a tendency
to be a little dramatic.
刚才大厅里那一幕不愉快你都看见了吧?
I suppose you saw our little floor show…
是的,小姐
Oui, Mademoiselle.
我是不是失去理智了?
I’m afraid I rather lost my head.
都是那该死的马提尼酒给害的
They serve us the most
lethal Martinis in this place.
我看算了吧,小姐

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!