– 可除此以外… – 得了吧
– But apart from that… – You see?
对我是当头一棒 我看我得和那个老家伙聊聊
Definiteley smitten, I say. I think
I’ll have a word with the old crow!
今天你们忙前忙后的
Quite a filled day for you, isn’t it?
我看都像无头苍蝇似的
Everybody dropping like flies!
下午好
Good afternoon.
我有话直说吧,我想和你外甥女结婚
To come straight to the point,
I want to marry your cousin.
实际上我已经问过她了 不幸的是,她拒绝了
In fact, I’ve already asked her.
Unfortunately, she declined,
不过别担心
but don’t worry,
我会继续追她的,直到她同意为止
I’ll keep on her turn,
until she says yes.
我可以明确地告诉你,先生
走一步看一步
I can assure, sir,
I shall take steps to see
她可不是那种不厌其烦了
就会答应你的人
that she’s not be subjected
to such persecution.
你到底对我哪里反感了?
What exactly do you have against me?
我这人没那么坏 人也长得很到位
I’m not that bad, you see.
Anatomically, everything’s in the right place,
没什么不正常的,况且我还蛮聪明的
in perfect working order
and I’m really quite bright,
那还要怎么样呢?
what’s the problem?
– 社会地位,弗格森先生 – 哦,我懂了
– Social position, Mr. Ferguson.
– Oh, I see.
科妮莉亚,过来 你怎么惹毛这个年轻人了?
Cornelia, come here. Have you been
behaving wrongly with this young man?
不,不,当然没有…
No! No, of course not…
你表姐说我配不上你
Your cousin says that
I’m not good enough for you.
按照生物学上的分门别类
In the natural order of things,
她认为我和池塘里的小动物差不多
she thinks that I’m the
equivalent of pond life.
– 你也那么看我吗? – 不是的
– Is that how you see me?
– It’s not that.
– 我是说… – 说呀…
– It’s…It’s… – Yes…?
这姑娘很不错是吧?
Isn’t she wonderful?
我看哪,他这人相当古怪
和他家里人没什么两样
Rather eccentric, I’m afraid,
like most of his family.
嗯,就因为思想激进,他拒绝了颁给他的头衔
Well, he refuses to wear his title
because of his ideas progressive.
– 头衔? – 是的,道利什男爵 这你不知道?
– Title?
– Oui, Lord Dawlish. You did not know?
哦,他嘛,怎么说来着?当然是富得流油咯
Oh, he is, how do you say it,
rolling in money, of course,
但是他在牛津时成了一名共♥产♥主义者
but he became a communiste on Oxford.
道利什…男爵?
Lord…Dawlish?
报上的一张照片让我认出了他
I recognised him from a picture on the paper,
后来我又发现了一枚图章戒指
then I discovered the signet ring,
上面有道利什家族的盾徽
with the Dawlish coat of arms on it.
那就毫无疑问了,我敢保证
There can be no doubt, I assure you!
我真是太感激你了,波洛先生
I am very much obliged to you,
Monsieur Poirot.
哦,阿勒敦先生
Ah! Monsieur Allerton,
我非常想和你聊上几句
I would like very much
to have a little word with you.
– 我能为你效劳吗? – 那倒不必了,先生
– What can I do for you?
– There’s nothing you can do for me, Monsieur,
不过,你还是来坐坐听听吧 – 那好吧…
but to sit and to listen.
– Right…well,
我很乐意
I’m very good at that.
我会在适当的时候叫”好”的 这你可以相信
You can rely on me to say “Whoa!”
on the right moments.
“好”,那敢情好,谢谢
“Whoa!” will do nicely. Thank you.
谢谢
Merci.
那么,就从你和你表姐
乔安娜.索思伍德的友谊谈起
So, to begin, your friendship
with your cousin, Joanna Southwood.
过去三年里,伦敦警♥察♥厅
For the past three years, Scotland Yard
has been preoccupied
一直被多起珠宝盗窃案搞得焦头烂额
with a number of jewelry robberies.
犯罪的手段如出一辙
And we know that the method
has been always the same.
就是用赝品来冒充真品
Oui, the substitution of
the original with an imitation.
警方很快就锁定了索思伍德小姐
Attention soon focused
on Mademoiselle Southwood.
知道吗,每个受害者都是她的朋友或熟人
You see, everyone of the victims
had been either a friend or an acquaintance.
警♥察♥还清楚,她没有亲手去掉包
It also became clear that she did not
make the substitution herself.
不,不,不 她找来一个宝石匠做赝品
Non, non, non.
She had a jeweler who made a copy
不过,调包的手法是旁人干的
and the substitution would be made
by someone else.
但是这个人的身份始终是个谜
But the identity of this person
has remained a mistery.
– 好 – 是的
– Whoa! – Oui.
但是从最近这几天来看
某些真♥相♥都已经浮出水面了
But over the past few days,
certain facts have emerged,
情况对破案非常有利
that have been most helpful.
你参加过的乡村宴会上也发生过
这么一起珠宝盗窃案
Your attendance at the house party
where had one of such robbery occurred,
你显然对我也在船上非常不满
your obvious resentments of my presence here,
后来,林内特.道尔的珍珠项链失踪了
and the discovery that the pearls
belonging to Linnet Doyle were missing.
我又发现了什么呢?
But what do I find?
我发现项链被窃了,而还回来的
I find that the pearls that were
stolen and returned
却是一条赝品
were an imitation,
就这样将真品偷梁换柱了
previously substituted for the real thing.
对索思伍德小姐来说,要趁机仔细观察
It would have been easy to Mademoiselle
Southwood find an oportunity
她朋友的项链,再做个复♥制♥品
是再容易不过的事了
to examine the pearls of her friend
and to have made a copy.
接下来的问题就是等待合适的时机
And it was then just a question
of waiting for the right moment
由你来实施调包了
for you to make the substitution.
是的,你得知林内特.道尔要去埃及度蜜月,嗯…
Et bien! But you learned that Linnet Doyle
was to honeymoon in Egypt, so hum!?…
这可是天赐良机啊
Parfait, hein?
索思伍德小姐把赝品给了你
Mademoiselle Southwood
sent you the imitation,
我猜是藏在一本书里
concealed, I suggest
in a packet of books,
你呢,则在暗中寻找机会
to you then, find your time.
最终你完成了调包
Finally, you made the substitution,
你回到你的客舱…
returned to your cabin…
…然后一颗颗地用胶水
把念珠黏在珍珠外面
… and concealed them by
gluing them into a rosary.
不幸的是,你选择作案的当晚
unfortunately for you,
the night you chose to do the did
林内特.道尔恰好被人谋杀了
was the same night
when Linnet Doyle was murdered.
但是更不幸的是,你离开
道尔太太客舱时被人看见了
But more unfortunately was the fact
that someone saw you leave her cabin.
“好”,你怎么不说了,阿勒敦先生?
“Whoa!”, would you not say,
Monsieur Allerton?
– 谁看见我的? – 罗莎莉.奥特伯恩小姐
– Who saw me?
– Mademoiselle Rosalie Otterbourne.
– 她告诉你了? – 没有 事实上,我责备她时
– And she told you?
– Non. In fact, when I taxed her with it,
她撒了谎 – 为什么?
she lied. – Why?
也许因为她觉得她看见的那个人
Perhaps because she
thought the man she saw
就是凶手吧
was the murderer.
当然,别那么想…
Surely, not thinking that…
你偷项链的时候道尔太太是活着还是死了?
Was Madame Doyle alive or dead
when you stole the pearls?
我不知道…我真不知道
I don’t know. I… really don’t know.
你听得到她呼吸吗?
Could you hear her breathing?
叫我怎么说呢?
I…I couldn’t say.
听好了,你这个蠢货
Now listen, you young twerp,
波洛先生在你喊”冤枉”以前
Monsieur Poirot here, can build a case
against you, that’s so rock solid
他有确凿的证据可以起诉你
that you’ll be hanging from some gallows
这样你就会被送上绞架绞死
before you can even draw
a breath to say “False!”.
我什么人也没杀 我承认项链是我调包的
I didn’t murder anyone! I admit
I substituted the pearls,
但我没有杀人 我发誓
but murder, no! I swear!
我向你保证,这样案子就好办多了
It would make a very good case,
I assure you.
但愿我检查念珠的时候
一颗珍珠都找不到

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!