-你好 -你好
– Hi. – Hi.
-你奶奶她很了不起 -是啊
– She’s terrific, your grandmother. – Yeah, she is.
她也很漂亮 你知道她想让我约你出去
She’s pretty obvious too. You know, she wants me to ask you out.
是啊
Right.
不是 我的意思我很愿意
No, I meant that I want to.
-但是 -没有但是
– But? – No but.
你想和我一起约会吗
Would you like to go out with me?
当然 好啊 谢 好的
Sure. Yes. Thank– Yeah.
很好 我们可以想想约会活动内容
Well, good. We can think of something nice to do.
实际上 你知道吗 我有些主意
Actually, you know what? I have some ideas.
你好 先生
Hi, sir.
-最近怎么样 -还成
– How are you? – Good.
五块钱?
Five dollars?
你住在人行道上吗
Do you live on a sidewalk?
那些还不错啊
Those aren’t bad.
不 宝贝 不显胖 转个身
No, honey, they’re not. Turn around.
-挺好看的 -太难看了
– I think these work. – These suck.
-不会啊 -我像个母牛
– No, they don’t. – I Iook like a cow.
好吧 试试那件看看
All right. Try those other ones on.
-快去 -有什么用呢
– Go ahead. – What’s the point?
艾比 试试去
Abby, just do it.
-她觉得自己很胖 -闭嘴
– She thinks she’s fat. – Shut up.
我喜欢那件
I like those.
我觉得后面的口袋边挺酷的
I think those flaps are cool in the back.
挺时髦的 不是吗
They’re in, anyway, right?
-真漂亮 -太逊了 我像个香肠
– Those are good. – They’re awful. I feel Iike a sausage.
我觉得挺可爱的啊
I think they look cute.
-你觉得这个可爱 -对啊
– You think these look cute? – Yeah. I do.
你长眼睛了吗
Do you have eyes in your head?
请不要这么跟我说话
Please don’t talk to me like that.
要是你觉得这个好看的话
You must think I look like
那我在你眼里肯定一直是坨屎
shit all the time if you think these look good.
我没必要给你买♥♥东西
I don’t have to buy you anything.
那就别买♥♥
Fucking don’t.
-你怎么敢这么说话 我走了 -拜
– How dare you? I’m leaving. – Bye.
自己花钱买♥♥你的裤子吧
Buy your own fucking jeans.
我要是有钱早买♥♥了 婊♥子♥
I would if I had my own money. Bitch.
对不起 我们要打烊了
Excuse me, we’re about to close.
你不能一整晚都待在里面
You can’t stay in there all night.
她太粗鲁了 我完全失控了
I mean, she was so rude. I’m at a total loss.
你是不是胃疼
Do you have a stomach ache?
是啊 有点儿
Yeah, a bit.
-你去哪里了 -商店
– Where have you been? – The store.
-这么晚 -闭店时间换了
– This late? – New fall hours.
去遛狗去
Go walk your dog.
-嘿 她老是在这里 -这还用说
– Hey. She’s always there. – Yeah, tell me about it.
我妈妈几乎在供养着她了
My mom practically supports her.
-什么意思 -她经常给她钱
– What do you mean? – She aIways gives her money.
不然你以为一个无家可归的人
How do you think a homeless person
怎么可能有香奈儿唇膏的 太恶心人了
could have Chanel lipstick? It’s gross.
你妈妈给她香奈儿唇膏
Your mom gives her Chanel lipstick?
她 好像是 想拯救全世界一样
She, like, wants to save the world.
有一次 她让一个流浪♥女♥在我家洗澡
One time, she let a homeless lady take a shower in our apartment.
你妈妈吗 很善良啊
Your mom? That’s nice.
是啊 直到那女的在我卧室地板上
Yeah, until the lady took a dump
拉了一坨大便
on my bedroom floor.
-哦 上帝啊 -我明白
– Oh, my God. – I know.
她可以拉到我妈卧室里啊
She could’ve done it in my mom’s room.
反正是她放进来的
She let her in.
走在大街上她经常善心大发
She gets all emotional just walking down the street.
“上帝啊 那个男人脑子坏了”
“Oh, my God. That man has no head.”
“上帝啊 那个女人邋遢了”
“Oh, my God, that woman is disgusting.”
太让人难堪了
It’s so embarrassing.
-你跟你妈亲吗 -我没有妈
– Are you close with your mother? – I don’t have one.
-我是说 她死了 -太糟了
– I mean, she’s dead. – That’s horrible.
-怎么死的 -自杀
– How? – She killed herseIf.
那时你多大
How old were you?
当时玛丽二十 我十五
Mary was 20. I was 15.
我现在就十五
I’m 15.
你♥爸♥爸呢 他肯定特难过吧
What about your dad? He must’ve been so mad.
没有 我们很小的时候他就走了
No, he split when we were really little.
在别的什么地方吧 我们也不知道
He’s somewhere, but we don’t know where.
-那你们跟谁住呢 -我跟外婆住
– So who’d you live with? – I lived with my grandmother.
太恶心了
This is so disgusting.
对吧
Right?
现在我们成了两个拿着狗屎闲逛的人
And now we’re two people walking around with shit in a bag.
我的意思是 如果我们
I mean– I mean, what if we
没有狗狗在身边 而我们还拿着狗屎
didn’t have dogs with us, and we were doing that?
就恶心了 但因为有狗狗 就正常了
That would be disgusting. But because we have dogs, it’s normal.
我可从未这样想过
I never thought of that.
你每天都来你外婆这吗
Do you come to your Grandma’s every night?
基本上吧
Almost.
你姐姐为啥不来呢
Why doesn’t your sister come?
她不怎么喜欢外婆
She doesn’t like her very much.
玛丽挺爽快的 还挺漂亮的
Mary’s so cool. And gorgeous.
你觉得她会帮我治疗我的皮肤吗
Do you think she could help me with my skin?
相中哪件了
Can I help you find something?
没事 我只是看看而已
That’s okay, I’m just looking.
有需要的话 和我说一声
Let me know if you have any questions.
谢谢 这个很漂亮
Thanks. This is great.
嗯
Yeah.
那么 是什么让你觉得
So, what makes you feel that
现在是做义工的最好时期呢
this is a good time, you know, to volunteer?
当然 是你生命中的时期
I mean, in your life.
有种感觉在召唤着我这么做
Well, something’s telling me to do it.
我只是 我想给予别人
I just– I wanna give something to someone.
捐款当然很简单 但是
Giving money is easy for me, but, thank god.
我就是想做义工
I want to do it.
很好
That’s terrific.
这儿的许多老人都没有家人来看他们
A lot of the guests here don’t have family visit them.
如果有家人来看 一年也就一两次
If they do, it’s generally once, twice a year.
老人们很喜欢聊天
They love conversation.
而且 我们尽量让屋子亮一点
And, of course, we keep it light.
希望他们能高兴起来
Always wanna cheer them up.
高兴起来?
Cheer them up?
我们不想使他们低落
We just don’t wanna bring them down.
有时候他们只看到死亡
Sometimes all they can think about is dying,
他们就想谈论它
so they wanna talk about it.
我们不该和他们这个谈吗
Shouldn’t we?
这会让他们伤心难过
Makes them sad.
这是公共区
And this is the common area.
星期六晚上这儿会放电影
We watch movies in here on Saturday nights.
住这儿的人打打牌 随心逛逛
And residents play cards, and just hang out.
你甚至应该陪他们打打牌
You could even play games with them.
好的
Oh, sure.
你好
Hi.
你好 桑蒂
Hi, Sandy.
好的
Okay.
莫林 这是凯特
Maureen? This is Kate.
她可能来着帮忙
She might be volunteering here.
莫林 你好
Hi, Maureen.
她背弯的很厉害了
She’s very bent over.
她得了风湿性关节炎
She has rheumatoid arthritis.
天啊 会疼吗 看起来很疼
Oh, my God. Is it painful? It looks very painful.
嗯 对此我们尽量积极乐观
Yeah. But we try to be upbeat and positive as much as we can.
嗯 对啊
Yeah. Yeah.
很好 没事 这儿
It’s fine. It’s okay. Here.
过来 桑蒂再见
Come on. Bye, Sandy.
我都这年纪了 不想再交新朋友
I don’t wanna meet anyone new at my age.
你没必要一定要和她成为朋友
You don’t have to be friends with her.