That’s where we’ll find the diggings.
-更远方呢 -我不知道
-And beyond that? -I don’t know.
涨潮时没办法在河岸上走
You can’t ride along the shore at high tide
我们上次探险时没带船
and we had no boats on our last expedition.
这里为何被称为禁区
You never told me -why do you call this the forbidden zone?
没有人知道 古老的禁忌 圣书中有记载
No one knows. It’ s an ancient taboo, set forth in the sacred scrolls.
立法者把这地区列为危险区
The lawgiver pronounced this whole area deadly.
-应该起程了 -我赞成
-Shouldn’t we be moving on? -I’m for that.
你喜欢吗
Do you like it?
你为什么刮掉毛发
Why did you do that? Scrape off your hair?
在我的星球 只有你这种小个子会留胡子
ln my world, when I left it, only kids your age wore beards.
胡子 我不追求时髦
Beards? I don’t go in for fads.
这使你看起来较没智慧
Somehow it makes you look less intelligent.
-几时带我去看洞穴 -现在就可以去
-When will you show me what’s in that cave? -Right now, if you like.
康尼利
Cornelius.
-不要向他们开枪 -你们都被逮捕了
-Lucius, don’t fire. -You’re under arrest.
如果有人开枪 蔡博士
lf there’s any more shooting, Dr Zaius,
一定是你先死的
you’ll be the first to go. You can count on it.
-这里不由你指挥 把枪放下 -住口
-You are not in command. Put down that gun. -Shut up.
好吧 放下你们的武器
Very well. Lower your weapons.
叫他们退到岩石后方
Tell them to pull back around the rocks, out of range.
撤退
Withdraw.
你怎么知道我们会来这里
How did you know we’d come here?
只有笨蛋会来禁区
Only an apostate would flee to the forbidden zone.
只有傻子会给动物一支枪
And only a fool would give a gun to an animal.
你还带了雌性一起来
I see you’ve brought the female of your species.
原来人类是一夫一妻制的
I didn’t realize that man could be monogamous.
在这星球上很容易…
On this planet it’s easy.
请重新考虑自己的鲁莽
I ask you to reconsider the rash course you’ve undertaken.
被判妖言惑众最多只会坐两年牢
lf you’re convicted of heresy, the most you’ll get is two years.
但若继续用枪指着我
But, if you persist in pointing guns in my direction,
就会以判国罪吊死你们
you’ll hang for high treason.
我们并不想判国
We never meant to be treasonous, sir.
可是在峭壁上有个很大的洞穴
But, up in that cliff, there is a vast cave.
洞穴中有许多化石和文物等宝藏
And in that cave a fabulous treasure of fossils and artifacts.
我见过你的宝藏与文物 根本不值钱
I’ve seen some of your fossils and artifacts. Worthless.
真是了不起的科学部长
There’s your minister of science.
渴望开拓知识的领域
Honor-bound to expand the frontiers of knowledge.
-少来了 -只不过他也得要捍卫信仰
-Please! -Except he’s also chief defender of the faith.
信仰与科学之间是没有矛盾的
There is no contradiction between faith and science -true science.
-你愿意测试这个宣言吗 -我宁可…
-Are you willing to put it to the test? -I’d rather…
你救了我一命 也许我可以报答你
Take it easy. You saved me from this fanatic. Maybe I can return the favor.
你想要做什么
What is your proposal?
-圣书是什么时候写的 -1200年前
-When were those sacred scrolls written? -1,200 years ago.
若他们能证实圣书
All right. lf they can prove those scrolls don’t
并不代表完全的事实
tell the whole truth of your history,
若能够找到过去文化的证据
if they can find some real evidence of another culture from the past,
你会判他们无罪吗
will you let them off?
-当然 -那我们进洞穴吧
-Of course. -Let’s go up to the cave.
你留下来守卫营区
Sorry. You stay here and guard the camp.
像别的成猿一样老是下命令
Always giving orders. Just like every other adult.
以后会有机会看的
Relax. You’ll get to see it all later on.
拿出证据吧
Present your evidence, Cornelius.
我在这一层找到了 早期人猿的遗迹
It was at this level that I discovered traces of an early ape creature.
那是早期的野蛮生物
A stage of primitive barbarism really,
可以回朔到1300年前
dating back some 1,300 years roughly.
我在这一层找到了切割工具 还有石英箭头
It was at this level I discovered cutting tools and arrowheads of quartz
还有肉食猩猩的化石
and the fossilized bones of carnivorous gorillas.
可是这里的文物
But the artifacts lying here
是在这一层找到的
were found at this level,
是七百年前的
and date back 700 years earlier.
这就是矛盾 较古老的文化是更先进的
That’s the paradox. For the more ancient culture is the more advanced.
许多文物都是不知名的
Now, admittedly, many of these objects are unidentified.
可是这是懂得 炼金的生物所制♥造♥的
But clearly they were fashioned by beings with a knowledge of metallurgy.
我们确实不了解许多工具
lndeed, the fact that many of these tools are unknown to us
显示这个文化 与我们的不相伯仲
suggests a culture which, in certain ways, equals our own.
有些证据是毫无争议的
Some of the evidence is uncontestable.
不要用这种口气说话 这是有争议的
Don’t speak to me in absolutes. The evidence is contestable.
对不起
I apologize, sir.
你考证年代的方法太原始了
To begin with, your methods of dating the past are crude to say the least.
我属下的地质学家 会取笑你的构想
There are geologists on my staff who’d laugh at your speculations.
-可是有洋娃娃 -什么
-But there’s the doll, sir. -What?
就在那里 人类洋娃娃
Lying right there. The human doll.
这能证明什么 我孙女也玩洋娃娃
What does this prove? My granddaughter plays with human dolls.
我们是在人类下颚骨ue19e 找到这个洋娃娃的
The doll was found beside the jawbone of a man
这个遗迹没有找到 任何人猿化石
and no trace of simian fossil has been found in this deposit.
你太快下结论了
Your conclusion is premature.
记不记得圣书第十三卷
Have you forgotten your scripture? The 13th scroll?
普罗帝斯把直立怪兽 带进了花♥园♥
“Proteus brought the upright beast into the garden
绑在树上 孩子们开始取笑他
and chained him to a tree and the children did make sport of it.”
我没有忘记
No, sir, I have not forgotten.
古代的人猿 有把人类当过宠物饲养
For a time the ancients kept humans as household pets
直到立法者证实 人类没有办法被饲养
until our lawgiver proved that man could not be tamed.
继续挖掘你就会发现 主人的遗迹…
Keep digging, Cornelius. You’ll find evidence of the master of this house…
还有人猿
An ape.
-你在干什么 -我在重建这个历史
-What are you doing? -Reconstructing a past life.
你说这些是在 洋娃娃的那层挖出来的
These things were found at the same level as that doll?
不管是谁 身体一定不好 他有假牙
Whoever owned them must have been in pretty bad shape. He wore false teeth.
还有眼镜
And eyeglasses.
而且心脏也不好
He had a failing heart.
最后心脏还装了人工心瓣
Towards the end, he had this prefabricated valve put in it.
这不是我们家乡的人
I don’t say he was a man like I knew at home,
不过应该是很类似的品种
but he must have been a close relative.
他的疾病与我们类似 他是个脆弱的动物
He had all the same weaknesses. He was a weak, fragile animal.
不过 他比你们更早 而且比你们进步
But he was here before you and he was better than you are.
荒唐 每一个文物
That’s lunacy. l can offer alternate descriptions
我都有其他的解释
of every one of those articles
每个都和你的一样精彩
which is just as ingenious as yours.
而且和你一样都是凭空猜测
But it’d be conjecture, not proof.
妈妈
Mamma.
妈妈
Mamma.
人猿会做出会说话的洋娃娃吗
Dr Zaius, would an ape make a human doll that talks?
露西亚
Lucius.
你该死…
You dirty…
诺娃
Nova.
诺娃
Nova.
康尼利
Cornelius.
救救我
Help me.
我应该现在就杀了你
I oughta kill you right now. Come on.
-快叫他们撤退 -停火 撤退
-Tell ’em to pull back. Now. -Cease fire. Withdraw.
-上面那些 -撤退
-Up there. -Withdraw.
下去
Get down.
-露西亚 你没事吧 -他们偷袭我
-Lucius, are you all right? -They took me by surprise.
趁我在喂马时偷袭我
Sneaked up on me while l was feeding the horses.
真不知羞耻 我开了两枪警告你们
What’s happened to honor? I got off two rounds to warn you.
-一切都被拿走了 -不是一切
-They’ve taken everything. -Not quite everything.
他们留下了人♥质♥
They left a hostage behind.
-你觉得怎么样 -很失望
-How are you feeling? -Disillusioned.
-现在不能相信老一代的 -我明白你的意思
-You can’t trust the older generation. -I know what you mean.
告诉那些猩猩 蔡博士是人♥质♥
I want you to go and tell those gorillas I’ve got Dr Zaius prisoner.
我做得到
Yes, I can do that.
我要一匹马 还要够我与她 一周的食物与水
I want a horse, food, water. Enough for a week for me and this female.
还有五十颗子弹
And 50 rounds of ammunition.
-要是他们不答应呢 -那就枪毙他
-What if they won’t agree to your terms? -Tell them I’ll shoot him.
-不行 -他会的
-Taylor, you can’t. -Oh, yes, he can.
他是天生杀手 快去传话
He’s a born killer. Deliver the message.
来这里
Over here.
坐下
Sit down.
泰勒
Taylor…
不要这样子对待他
Please, don’t treat him like that.
-为什么 -这是羞辱