Oh, yes. -We play bridge together.
当然 对 -好 你好吗?
Of course, yes. -Right. And how– how are you?
我很好 是的 -是吗?好
I’m good. Yeah. -Yeah? Yeah.
要知道 你妈妈把一切都告诉了我
You know, your mom tells me absolutely everything.
我什么都知道 没错
I know everything, yeah.
天啊 那件事太可怕了
Gosh, it’s so horrible.
都是那个骗子的错
It’s all that swindler’s fault.
她一定会烂死在监狱里 我保证
She will surely rot in prison. I promise.
她会遭报应的
There will be consequences.
衬衫很漂亮
Nice shirt.
谢谢
Thank you.
不客气
You’re welcome.
系上安全带
Put your seat belt on.
想听音乐吗? -不想
Want some music? -No.
你在想什么?
Penny for your thoughts.
什么都没想
None.
玛莎 你有心事 我知道你很担心
Martha, there’s something. I know you’re worried.
担心这件事 担心他们会发现什么
About this. Worried what they’re gonna find.
他们会发现什么? -对
What they’re gonna find? -Yeah.
我们那天做♥爱♥前喝了杯葡萄酒吗?
A glass of wine before we fucked?
还是那天我是否吃了寿司?
Or that I had sushi?
还是说你指的是…你的事?
Or do you mean, uh… like your stuff?
我的事
My stuff.
我…戒酒的事?
My… Like my sobriety?
对 不过 你已经很久没有…
Yeah, I mean, well, it’s not even been like, what, like…
已经很久了
Long time. -Mm-hmm.
六年五个月零三天
Six years, five months, three days.
零四天
Four days.
零四天
Four days.
我们还没有查出死因
We don’t have theories regarding the cause of death.
在刑事验尸期间
During the criminal autopsy,
我们进行了组织学 毒理学和显微学筛查
we ran histology, toxicology and microbiology screens.
想看看婴儿是否有过既往感染
The results of the exam show no signs of a preexisting infection,
染色体异常或胎盘不规则的迹象
chromosomal abnormality or irregularity of the placenta.
我们能确定的是 孩子当时处于低氧环境中
What we did determine was the little girl was in a low-oxygen environment.
60%到70%的类似案例 并没有令人满意的解释
In 60% to 70% of these cases, we rarely find a satisfactory explanation.
你是个医生吧?你叫什么? -罗恩医生
You’re a doctor, yeah? What’s your name? -Dr. Ron.
罗恩医生 你是个医生 罗恩医生 你♥他♥妈♥的是个医生
Dr. Ron. You’re a doctor, Dr. Ron. You’re a fucking doctor.
有些事情在医学上就是没有答案的
There are certain things, medically, we just don’t have answers for.
他们已经对那个助产士提出了诉讼
There’s already proceedings against the midwife
很快就会有医学专家的意见 来确定…
and there will be a medical expert opinion very soon to determine–
那你的专业意见呢? 你也是个医学专家呀
What about your medical expert opinion? You’re a medical expert.
你却什么都不知道
I mean, what do you– You don’t know anything.
你不知道这事是否可避免 不知道责任在谁身上
If it could have been prevented, who’s at fault.
你对自己所说的一切根本一无所知
You don’t know shit is what you’re saying.
有些问题是我现在无法解答的
There are certain questions I can’t answer.
那你现在能解答些什么呢? 能马上解答的?
What can you answer at the moment? Right now?
可以肯定的是 诉讼程序已启动 会有…
What is certain is that the proceedings have begun and there–
见鬼!
Fuck!
对不起
Uh, sorry.
我还是出去吧 对不起
I’m gonna go outside. Sorry.
这种事情需要时间
These things could take time.
她现在在哪里?
Where is she now?
在停尸房♥
She’s in the morgue. –
我可以捐赠她的器官吗?
Is it possible to donate the organs?
不行 刑事医学专家 已排除了这个可能性
No. The criminal medical expert has excluded that.
有些人会决定…
Some decide to…
将尸体…
offer the body…
捐出来 用于医学研究和教育
for medical science and educational purposes.
请节哀
Very sorry for your loss.
谢谢
Thank you.
11月7日
多少钱? -25美金 谢谢
What do I owe you? -Twenty-five dollars.
25美金 给 谢谢你
Twenty-five. There you go. Thank you.
谢谢 -再见
Thank you. -Bye.
亲爱的 你得挑一个你喜欢的铭文
You need to pick which inscription you like, honey.
艾薇特 请安息
你外婆就是安葬在家族墓地里的
Your grandmother is resting in the family grave.
这有什么问题… -这是你写的吗?
What’s wrong with– -Did you write that?
是的
Yes.
是你写的? -对
You wrote that? -Yes.
这不是我女儿的名字 应该是“伊薇特”
That isn’t my daughter’s name. It’s Yvette.
第一个字是“伊” “芳草伊人”的“伊”
Starts with a “Y,” ends with an “E.”
“伊薇特”
“Yvette.”
对不起
I’m sorry.
别怪他 是肖恩让他用“艾”的
Don’t blame him. Sean dictated it to him.
对呀 随她曾外祖母 匈牙利名字的拼法
Yeah, great-grandmother, Hungarian spelling.
这样她的名字 就不会总是在名单最后了
So it’s not at the end of the name list forever.
这说法根本没道理 因为名单是按姓氏排列的
That doesn’t make any sense at all because name lists are by last name.
而且我们是为了你 才选的美国名字的拼法
And we chose the American spelling for you.
对 但这只是个小细节 玛莎
Yeah, but it’s a small detail, Martha.
小细节 -对呀
Small detail. -Yeah.
是呀
Yeah.
对 你说得对
Yeah, you’re right.
没错 这是个小细节
No, it is a small detail.
只是小细节 因为… 反正也不会有什么葬礼…
Small detail. ‘Cause there’s not… There’s not gonna be a funeral anyway…
不会有葬礼 -我不是那个意思
There’s not gonna be a funeral. -I didn’t mean it like that.
不会有什么墓碑 -玛莎?我会把那个字改了的
Not gonna be a gravestone. -Martha? I’ll change the spelling.
起码等挑好铭文的风格再走? -这根本是在浪费时间
Can you at least pick which style? -It’s all one big waste of time.
什么?
What?
玛莎
Martha.
玛莎!
Martha!
你就不能在今天选个风格吗? -玛莎!
Can you just pick a style today? -Martha!
实在是没有必要 我会把她的尸体
There’s really no point. I’m gonna donate her body
捐给大学 所以…
to the university, so…
这简直就是…
This is just like…
玛莎!
Martha!
完全是在浪费时间
Complete waste of time.
玛莎!拜托!
Martha! Come on!
能给我一支吗?
Can I have one?
请便
Please, go ahead.
那个…别取消订单 我们会做一些小小的改变
Just… keep the order and we’ll make a few small changes
我会出钱的
and I’ll pay for it.
不 这钱我来出
No, I’d like to pay for it.
我想出这笔钱
I’d like to pay for it.
谢谢
Thank you.
有些东西我还是能付得起的
There’s some stuff I can pay for.
肖恩 别抽 你会重蹈覆辙的
Sean, don’t smoke it. You’ll relapse.
肖恩 你要去哪儿? -给我五分钟
Sean, where are you going? -Five minutes.
见鬼
Fuck.
肖恩
Sean.
她需要帮助
She needs help.
她不知道自己在做什么
She doesn’t know what she’s doing.
她这是一个接着一个地在犯错
I mean, she’s just piling mistake upon mistake.
所以我们有责任让她知道 怎么做才是对的
That’s why it’s our job to show her what’s right.
这话什么意思?
What does that mean?
你知道苏珊的吧?她堂姐?
You know Suzanne, right? Her cousin?
不知道 -不知道?
No. -No?
她是个很不错的姑娘
Well, she’s just a remarkable girl.
在市中心有间很漂亮的办公室
She has a beautiful office downtown.
她说 如果我把所有文件都交给她
She said that she will take on and handle a civil suit for us,
她会帮我们提出民事诉讼 帮我们打官司
if I put all the documentation in her hands.
你想让我把相关文件都给你 -没错
You want me to give you the paperwork. -Exactly.
我得先跟玛莎商量一下
Yeah, I gotta talk to Martha about that first.
不是吧?
Really?
天啊…你不希望有人 为这禽兽般的行径付出代价吗?
My– Don’t you want someone to answer for this monstrosity?
玛莎现在没法自己处理这些事情
Martha can’t sort through all of this now.
所以我才想着…
That’s why I thought
你也许能开始承担起点责任了
maybe you might take a little responsibility for a change.
真令人失望
Well, really.
如果你不介意的话 我想自己把文件交给她
Yeah, I’d like to hand it to her myself, if you don’t mind.
什么时候?