她闻上去有股苹果香
She smelled like an apple.
她闻上去有股苹果香
She smelled like an apple. -Mm-hmm.
我问的是她给你的感觉 你觉得她像个健康的婴儿吗?
“What did she feel?” was the question. Did she feel like a healthy baby?
是的 没错
She did. Yes.
是的
Yes.
如果你的宝宝 死于类似婴儿猝死综合症…
If your baby had died because of something like SIDS–
反对 法官大人
Objection, Your Honor.
并无证据确认 婴儿猝死综合症是婴儿的死因
SIDS has not been established as a definite cause of death.
请让陪审团决定 不该问证人
Let the jury decide, not the witness.
我想听证人讲述 关于她心理状态的证词
I would like to hear the witness’s testimony as to her state of mind.
如果你能回答这个问题 我希望你回答
If you feel you can answer the question, I would like you to.
我能休息一下吗?就一分钟?
Can I have a break? Just one minute?
莱恩先生?
Mr. Lane?
我没有其他问题了 法官大人
I have no further questions, Your Honor.
那么本庭将休庭至今天下午
Then this court will be in recess till this afternoon.
谢谢 -庭审将在休庭之后继续
Thank you. -The trial will continue after the break.
全体起立
All rise.
有何贵干?
Can I help you?
你这里有姓魏斯的客人 送来冲印的胶卷吗?
do you have any photos here under the name of Weiss?
魏斯…
Weiss.
魏斯…
Weiss.
哦 有
Um– Oh, yeah.
我们把底片洗好了
We prepared the negatives,
但没有冲印 因为客人没有再联♥系♥过
but we didn’t print any ’cause we never heard back.
你想看看吗? -想的 可以看吗?
You wanna check them out? -Yes. Is that okay?
当然可以
Sure.

There you go.
你能现在就冲印吗? -当然可以
Can you print them right now? -Sure.
只需要一小会儿
It just takes a second.
我马上回来
I’ll be back in a minute.
我的天
Oh, God.
我的天
Oh, God.
法官大人 我想提交额外的文件
Your Honor, I’d like to submit additional documents indicating
指出控方先前提出的某些不一致之处
certain inconsistencies that were presented earlier by the prosecution.
我能跟法官说句话吗? -直接说吗?
Could I just have a word with the judge? Directly?
是的 -这通常是不允许的
Yes. -That’s not usually allowed.
我知道 但你介意问一下吗?
I know. But do you mind asking?
我来问他 -谢谢
I will ask him. -Thank you.
请在这里等一下
Please wait here.
法官大人 魏斯小姐有话要对本法庭说
Judge, Miss Weiss would like to address the court.
这很不寻常 不过我想听听她想说些什么
That’s highly unusual, but I’d like to hear what she has to say.
魏斯小姐 你有话想对本法庭说?
Miss Weiss, you wish to address the court?
是的 谢谢
Yes, thank you.
这个女人…
This woman…
并没有故意伤害我女儿
did not intentionally harm my girl.
那天晚上 她只是想 接生出一个健康的宝宝
She only wanted to deliver a healthy baby that night.
我觉得这件事不是你的错
And I do not think it is your fault.
我觉得这事不是她的错
I do not think it is her fault.
我要谢谢你
And thank you.
发生这种事可能是有原因的 但原因不在这间房♥间里
There might be a reason for what happened, but we are not gonna find it in this room.
如果我站在这里要求补偿或者要钱
And if I stand here and ask for compensation or money,
那我就是…
then I am–
我就是在说我失去的是可以补偿的 但它是补偿不了的
I’m saying that I can be compensated, and I can’t.
我没法让她复活
I can’t bring her back.
任何金钱、判决或者刑法都…
No money or verdicts or sentences can…
不能让她复活…
can bring back what…
我怎么能把这种痛苦施加给其他人?
How can I give this pain to someone else?
其他已经在忍♥受痛苦的人?
Someone who’s already suffered?
我知道她不会希望我那么做的
And I know she would not want that.
一点不会
At all.
我女儿来到这个世界上的短暂瞬间
That is not why my daughter came into this world
不是为了让我那么做的
for the time that she did.
我说完了 谢谢
And that is all I have to say. Thank you.
谢谢你 魏斯小姐 -全体起立
Thank you, Miss Weiss. -All rise.
这是基本面板 他往里看 我问:“什么?这是动画片里的”
Base panel. And he looked in and I was like, “What? It was from a cartoon.”
我记得 因为那是霓虹绿
I remember ’cause it was like a neon green.
对 你记得吗 妈妈? -谢谢
Yeah, do you remember this, Mom? -Thank you.
但我们没点这个
But we didn’t order that.
你点了 妈妈
Yes, you did, Mom.
是吗? -妈 这是柠檬千层卷 你很喜欢的
I did? Mom, it’s lemon poppy. You love it.
柠檬千层卷?我不喜欢吃柠檬千层卷
Lemon poppy? I don’t love lemon poppy.
哦 我的天 -别这样
Oh, my God, um… -No.
别这样?
No?
好吧 -杰里汤普森
Okay. -Jerry Thompson.
杰里汤普森
Jerry Thompson.
就是它 -是的
That was it. -Yeah.
对 -有一年 我们去了个派对
Yes. -One year we went to that party.
是一个年长一点的家伙开的派对 我们溜出去 去了派对
It was like some older guy was throwing a party, and we snuck out.
抱歉 现在你知道了
Sorry, now you know. –
我们就像两块糖果
And we went as, like, two pieces of candy.
没错!
Yes!
不 因为你知道自己在想什么
No, you know what you’re thinking of,
因为我们的感恩节服装是你做的
’cause you made our Thanksgiving costumes.
你记得些什么?
What do you remember?
4月3日
露西!
Lucy!
露西!
Lucy!
露西!
Luce!
露西安娜!
Lucianna!
嘿 宝贝
Hey, baby.
晚餐时间到了
It’s dinner.
下来 该吃饭了 宝贝
Come down. Time to eat, bug.

Okay.
这就对了
There you are.
我饿了 晚饭吃什么?
I’m hungry. What’s for dinner?
你最喜欢的
It’s your favorite.
冰棍吗?
Popsicle?
炸玉米饼?
Tacos?
不是
No.
果冻三明治?
Jelly sandwich?
绝对不是
Definitely not.
爆米花?
Popcorn? -Mm-mm.
那我就不饿了
Then I’m not hungry.
想跑进去吗?
You wanna run in?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!