I feel sorry for them kids.
你是说悬崖上的那几个孩子
The ones on the rock, you mean?
是的
Yeah, them too.
我还在想在学院的 那个可怜的小恶魔
I was thinking of them other poor little devils… here at the college.
他们 他们都不会有事的
Them. They’re all right.
她们大多数都非常有钱
Rolling in cash, most of them.
至少他们的父母有钱
Or at least their mothers and fathers are.
而另外一些人是孤儿
Some of them are orphans,
或者是受监护人 或者
or wards or…
你知道
You know.
现在我知道了
Now I know.
你知道什么
What do you know?
我知道米兰达是一个 波蒂瑟利天使
I know that Miranda is a Botticelli angel.
保持姿势 谢谢 先生们
Hold it right there, thanks, gentlemen.
就这样笑
That’s it.
拜托 笑开心点
Smile, please. Come on. Big smile.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you, thank you.
叫那些女士过来
Get those women over here, please.
现在他们穿过小溪那边呢
Now they crossed the creek down there?
那根绳子不是呢绒
The rope. Not that stuff. The other.
把那根绳子给我
Give me that rope over here.
来喝杯茶吧
What about a cup of tea up here?
啊 茶
Ah, tea.
哈罗
Hello!
好的 好的
Good, good.
往上看 往上
As if looking up. Right up.
就那样找个洞什么的
That’s it. Looking for a cave or something like that.
脸上的表情要丰富点 先生
Little more expression in the face, sir.
哈罗 厄玛
Hello, Irma.
菲兹伯格太太带我进来的
Madame Fitzhubert showed me in.
你感觉怎样
How do you feel?
噢 厄玛 噢 厄玛
Oh, Irma! Oh, Irma.
我们以为永远失去了你
We thought you had gone for ever.
让我好好看看你 亲爱的
Let me look at you, cherie.
你好苍白
You are so pale
但是比以前漂亮了
but prettier than ever.
找到你的那个孩子
Has the nephew paid you a visit yet?
来看过你吗
The one who found you?
是的
Yes.
还有那个警♥察♥
And then the policeman.
你不会
And you couldn’t…
我 我什么也
I, I remember…
记不起来了
…nothing.
我什么也记不得了
Nothing! I remember nothing!
早
Morning.
把那个记者打发走
Send that reporter packing.
姑娘们姑娘们 马上进去
Girls, girls, get inside at once!
亲爱的米兰达 你在啊
There you are, Miranda dear.
你过去最喜欢这些
You like these best.
怀特黑德先生把它们送给我 我又送给你
Mr Whitehead gave them to me, to give to you.
亲爱的
My dear…
我亲爱的米兰达
…my sweet Miranda.
她非常喜欢雏菊
She likes daisies best of all.
噢 萨拉 噢 萨拉
Oh, Sara! Oh, Sara!
你知道米兰达不会回来
You do know that Miranda might not come back.
米兰达知道很多 其他人不知道的事
Miranda knows lots of things other people don’t know.
秘密
Secrets.
她知道她不会回来
She knew she wouldn’t come back.
范妮 你的步调不一致
Fanny, you are ridiculously out of step.
注意音乐节奏
Pay attention to the music, please!
对不起 鲁姆莉小姐
Excuse me, Miss Lumley.
看看今天谁来看大家了
Voila, mes enfants! See who we have with us today?
我们可爱的厄玛来看大家 但是只有几个小时的时间
Our dear Irma is with us but for a few hours.
她马上就要离开回到 欧洲她父母的身边
She is leaving soon to join her parents in Europe.
给你们10分钟交谈的时间
Alors, mes enfants. For ten minutes, you may talk as you choose.
如果您批准的话 鲁姆莉小姐
If you approve, Miss Lumley.
快告诉我们 厄玛 快告诉我们
Tell us, Irma! Tell us!
厄玛 快告诉我们
Yes, Irma, tell us!
-厄玛 快告诉我们 -米兰达出什么事了 厄玛
-Tell us, Irma! Tell us! -What happened to Miranda, Irma?
-你知道真♥相♥ 告诉我们 -快告诉我们 厄玛
-You know what happened. Tell us! -Tell us, Irma!
快告诉我们 厄玛
Tell us, Irma!
-为什么不告诉我们 厄玛 -你知道她们在哪的
-Why won’t you tell us, Irma? -You know where they are.
告诉我们 厄玛 快告诉我们
Just tell us, Irma, tell us.
他们死了 他们都死了 厄玛
They’re dead! All dead and gone, Irma!
她会去你认识的地方
She’s going to you know where!
你是个骗子 傻瓜
You are a liar and a fool!
玛德莫瑟莉
Mam’selle?
这样对她也好
It’s for her own good!
可以治愈她恐怖的堕落
To cure her terrible stooping!
进来
Come in.
怎么啦 进来吧
Well? Come in.
夫人 这是我的辞呈
My notice, ma’am.
房♥间里有病人吗
Have we an invalid in the house?
这是萨拉小姐的晚餐 夫人
Miss Sara’s supper, ma’am.
玛德莫瑟莉让我看看 那孩子可好
Mademoiselle asked me, seeing as the child’s feeling poorly.
噢 明妮
Minnie.
叫萨拉小姐
Kindly tell Miss Sara not to put
不要关灯我要和她谈谈
her light out until l’ve had a word with her.
好的 夫人
Yes, ma’am.
这里不是慈善机构
This is not a charitable institution.
你还记得我们最近的谈话吗 萨拉
You recall our recent discussion, Sara.
我问话的时候要回答 孩子
Answer me when I address you, child.
是的
Yes.
我很仔细地考虑 过你目前的处境
I have considered your situation most carefully,
我绞尽脑汁想找一个 两全其美的办法
and I have searched my mind and my conscience for a solution.
但是 这里不是慈善机构
But this is not a charitable institution.
而你的学费还没有到
And as your fees have not been forthcoming, I have…
处于对你的考虑 我被迫作出决定
…been forced to make certain arrangements on your behalf.
你必须返回孤儿院
You will be returned to the orphanage.
天啊 帮帮我
God, help me!
你还在想那该死的岩石的事
You still thinking about that bloody rock?
我控制不住自己
I can’t help it.
它每晚都会出现在我的梦中
It comes back at night in dreams.
昨晚我做了一个有趣的梦
I had a funny dream last night.
现在还记忆犹新
There was this smell. Real strong.
我似乎是醒着
It was like… like I was wide awake.
周围死一样的静
Dead quiet.
三色紫罗兰就是这样的气味
Pansies. That’s what it smelt like.
整个地方都亮堂起来 亮如白昼
And the whole place was all lit up, bright as day.
而外面像沥青一样黑
Pitch black outside.
接着她来了
And there she is.
谁
Who?
谁来了
Who was it?
那只是一个该死的梦
It was only a bloody dream!
是我的姐姐
My kid sister.
自孤儿院 分别后就没见过她
Haven’t seen her since the orphanage.
她一直都喜欢三色紫罗兰
She always liked pansies.
她消失在好像迷雾
And she went… all sort of…
一样的东西中
…misty-like.
我大叫着
I calls out,
萨拉 不要走
‘Sara, don’t go yet.’
她说 拜拜 波蒂
‘Goodbye, Bertie,’ she says.
我远道来看你 现在我必须走了
‘l’ve come a long way to see ya, and now I must go.’
接着她就消失了
And she went.
清晰得就像那堵墙
Clear through that wall over there.
-坐吧 玛德莫瑟莉 -谢谢
-Sit down, please, Mademoiselle. -Merci.
昨晚我们在谈那个 维伯尼女孩的事
We were speaking last night about the Waybourne girl.
你对她的健康状况 非常的关心
You expressed concern over the state of her health.
是的 夫人
Yes, Madame.
对于这些责任我们非常放心
We have been relieved of any further responsibility.
她的监护人科斯格罗夫先生今天上午到了