我刚扔了点东西,我现在需要找到它
Just a print-out. I lost my data.
只是些打印结果和数据
Whoa! I’m sorry. Max. How’re you doing? Lenny Meyer.
喔,对不起 马科斯,你在干什么?我是兰尼·梅尔
Where you going? Up there.
你要去哪里? 到前面去
You got five minutes? Do you wanna try Tefillin?
能耽误5分钟吗?试试经♥文♥护符匣?
Not now. I’ve a car to go to the Shul.
不,现在不行 我有车去教会会堂
You have a car? Yeah, right over there.
是吗? 是的,就在那里
See? That’s my friend, Ephraim.
看到吗?是我朋友乙法莲的
Let’s go. Great.
走吧 太好了
When you said you’re Max Cohen,
当你说你是马科斯 科恩时
I didn’t realise you were the Max Cohen.
我并没意识到你就是那个马科斯·科恩
Your work’s revolutionary. It’s inspired the work we do.
你的工作具有革命性,知道吗? 对我们的工作有很大的启发
It has? Very much so.
是吗? 是的,很大的
The only difference is, we’re not looking at the stock market.
我们之间唯一的区别是,我并不是研究股市
Go ahead. Wrap that round your hand.
继续,把这些缠绕在手臂上
We’re searching for a pattern in the Torah.
我们在寻找律法的模式
What kind? We’re not sure.
什么类型的模式? 我们还不清楚
All we know is it’s 216 digits long.
我们仅仅知道它是一个216个数字的字串
OK, stand up, please, Max. 216?
好啦,请站起来,马科斯 216?
That’s right. You’ve gotta be quiet now. Stand up.
对啊,站起来
216? Shh. This goes on your head.
216? 这个放在你的头上
Look at me, Max. Right here.
看着我,马科斯,就这样
There you go.
你去那里
All right. Now, we’ll say a prayer together.
很好,现在我们一起来祈祷
Repeat after me: Shma Yisroel.
跟着我念:Shma Yisroel
Shma Yisroel – Shma Yisroel. – Right.

Adenoi Eloihenu.
Adenoi Eloihenu
Adenoi Echod.
Adenoi Echod
Now, what’s up, Max?
怎么回事了,马科斯?
What is this 216 number, Sol?
你说的216个数字是怎么回事,索尔?
Excuse me?
什么?
You asked me if I’d seen a 216-digit number.
你问我是否看到一个216个数字的字串
Oh, yeah. You mean the bug.
喔,是的,你是说那个BUG
I ran into it working on Pi.
是在我研究圆周率的时候偶遇的
What do you mean ran into it? Max, what’s this about?
你说“偶遇”是什么意思? 这…这是怎么回事?
There are these religious Jews I’ve been talking to.
一个虔诚的犹太教♥徒♥和我谈过这个216
Religious Jews?
虔诚的犹太教♥徒♥?
Yeah, Hasids, the guys with beards.
是的,那些留胡子的虔诚派信徒
I know them.
我知道他们
I know one in a coffee shop. He’s a number theorist.
我在咖啡馆里遇到一个 216就是他说的
The Torah is his data set.
律法是他研究的数据
He says they’re after a 216-digit number in the Torah.
他说在寻找律法中的一个216个数字的字串
Come on, it’s just coincidence.
算了吧,这只是偶然的巧合
There’s something else, though.
这是有其他意思的
What?
什么?
You remember those weird stock picks?
你记得那些奇怪的筛选数据吗?
Yesterday’s stock picks? Yes. They were correct.
昨天说的那些?是的,我记得 他们是正确的
I got two picks on the nose. Smack on the nose, Sol.
我记得开头的两个数据 两个都正确了,索尔
Something’s going on.
这一定有其他意思
It has to do with that number. There’s an answer in it.
并且与数字有关,答案就在这些数字中
Max… Come with me.
马科斯 跟我来
The ancient Japanese considered the Go board
古代日本人认为棋盘…
to be a microcosm of the universe.
就是一个缩小的世界
Although, when it’s empty, it appears simple and ordered,
当它是空的时候,它简洁而有序
the possibilities of gameplay are endless.
然而在下棋的时候,其可能性是无限的
No two Go games are alike, just like snowflakes.
不会有两盘棋是一样的,就像雪花
So, the Go board actually represents
所以,棋盘其实体现了…
an extremely complex and chaotic universe.
无穷复杂和混乱的世界
And that’s the truth of our world, Max.
然而,我们的世界就是这样的
It can’t be easily summed up with math.
它并不能简单地用数学表述出来
There is no simple pattern.
世界上没有简单的模式
But as the game progresses, the possibilities become smaller.
但当棋局进行时,就会出现一种规律
The board takes on order. Soon, every move’s predictable.
于是,每一步都变得是可以预测的了
So?
所以?
So maybe, even though we’re not aware of it,
所以,即使我们没有发现
there is a pattern, an order underlying every Go game.
棋局之下… 一定存在一种模式
Maybe it’s like the pattern in the stock market?
它可能和股市中的模式相同
The Torah? This 216 number?
可能和律法的216个数字相同
It’s insanity. Maybe it’s genius.
你真是发疯了 也可能是天才
I must get that number. Hold on! You’re losing it.
我必须找到那个数字 闭嘴!你失去理智了
You have to breathe. Listen to yourself.
你必须放松一下 搞清楚状况
You’re connecting my computer bug with one you might’ve had
你遇到了一台我也遇到过的计算机BUG
and some religious hogwash.
还有一个犹太笨蛋
If you want the number 216, you can find it everywhere.
如果你想找216,可以在任何地方找到
216 steps from your street corner to your front door,
从街的拐角到你家门口有216步
216 seconds you spend in the elevator
你乘电梯要花216秒
When your mind becomes obsessed
当你的理智被迷惑的时候
you filter everything else out and find that thing everywhere.
你会忽略其他事,而只看到你要看到的事
320, 450, 22, whatever.
320,450,22…等等
You’ve chosen 216 and you’ll find it everywhere in nature.
你选择了216,你就能发现在自然界中到处都是
But, Max,
但是,马科斯
as soon as you discard scientific rigour,
当你放弃了科学的严谨
you are no longer a mathematician,
你就不再是一名数学家
you’re a numerologist.
你就变成一个用数字占卜的人
Mr Cohen?
科恩先生?
Mr Cohen…
科恩先生!
God damn it! I’m sick of you following me.
他妈的!你真的很烦
I’m not interested in money. I want to understand our world.
我对金钱不感兴趣,我想研究人类世界
I don’t deal with materialists like you.
我并不喜欢你们这些拜金主意者
I’m sorry. I’m very sorry.
对不起,很对不起
I admit we’ve been too aggressive.
我承认我们跟的太紧了些
But all I ask is that you give me five minutes.
但我希望你能给我5分钟的时间
As a token, accept this. I don’t want your money.
为了表示我们的诚意,请收下这个 我不需要你们的钱
The suitcase isn’t filled with 50s, or gold, or diamonds.
箱子里并没有钞票,也没有金银或钻石
Just silicon. A Ming Mecca chip.
只是芯片,明麦加芯片
Ming Mecca? They’re not even de-classified yet.
明麦加芯片?不是还处于保密的状态吗
You’re right, they’re not. But Lancet-Percy has many friends.
是的,但是我们公♥司♥有很多朋友
Beautiful, isn’t it?
怎么样,很漂亮吧?
Do you know how rare these are?
你知道它有多珍贵吗?
What do you…?
你们想…?
Mr Cohen?
科恩先生?
Are you OK? No.
你还好吗? 不好
Mr Coh… Sir, are you sick?
科恩先生,你不舒服吗?
Hey!

C’mon, buddy. Get up.
起来,伙计
It’s Coney lsland, last stop.
终点站到了
Here. For your nose.
拿着,擦一下鼻子
Jenna, come back! Jenna!
詹娜,回来!詹娜!
Jenna, come back here.
詹娜,回来
Farrouhk? No, it’s Max, from next door.
是弗兰克吗? 不是,是马科斯,住在隔壁的
Max. Is everything all right?
马科斯,有什么事吗?
Do you have any iodine? Did you cut yourself?
你有碘酒吗? 你受伤了吗?
No, it’s to stain a slide.
不是,用来染色切片的
Ah. Science. The pursuit of knowledge.
噢,科学研究,追随知识
One second.
稍等一下
You surprised me. I thought you were Farrouhk.
你吓我一跳,我还以为是弗兰克
Here we are.
给你
What are you examining? A potato?
你在研究什么?马铃薯?
No. Just something for my computer. Thanks.
不是,是关于计算机的,谢谢
Shalom. Lenny, it’s Max Cohen.
你好,我是兰尼 兰尼,我是马科斯·科恩
Max. What’re you doing now?
马科斯,有什么事吗?
I was thinking about our conversation last night.
我考虑了我们昨夜的谈话
That’s good. I wanna help.
很好 我需要帮助
‘4:42. New evidence.
4点42分,新的证据
‘Remember Pythagoras.
回忆起 毕达哥拉丝
‘Mathematician, cult leader. Athens, circa 500 BC.
约公元前500年的雅典数学家和宗教领袖
‘Major belief: The universe is made of numbers.
主要理论: 宇宙由数字组成
‘Major contribution:
主要贡献:
‘The golden ratio.
黄金比例
‘Best represented geometrically as the golden rectangle.
最准确的几何表示是黄金长方形
‘Visually, there exists a graceful equilibrium

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!