根据真实故事改编
血糖正常
Blood glucose fine.
肝功能和肾功能正常
Liver function, kidney function, normal.
血小板数量正常
Platelet count, normal.
血红蛋白水平正常
Hemoglobin levels, normal.
血压 高压131 低压92
Blood pressure, 131 over 92.
是不是有点高了
Isn’t that a little high?
体重正常
Weight’s fine.
腰围最好减个一两公分
Could do with losing a centimetre or two of your waist.
粪便样本未提供[很出色]
Stool sample outstanding.
这是说 你还没提供样本呢
No, that means you haven’t provided one yet.
当然…有的话我会记得的
Oh yes, of course… No, I’d remember.
你以为那是不臭的意思吗
You think it didn’t stink or something?
你一切正常 马丁
There’s basically nothing wrong with you, Martin.
不过你太太告诉我
And your wife tells me
你觉得自己有点抑郁
you think you’re mildly depressed.
我被炒了 失业了
I got a sack. I’m unemployed.
但是那并不是你的错 不是吗
Yes. But it wasn’t your fault, was it?
所以我才会抑郁啊
That’s why I’m depressed.
我因为一些我并没说过的话而被炒了
I got sacked for saying something I didn’t say!
试试慢跑吧
Try running.
我说的话和害我被炒的话恰恰相反
I said the exact opposite of what I was sacked for!
你最近在做什么呢
What are you working on at the moment?
我想写本书
I was thinking of writing a book.
不错 什么内容
That’s good. What’s it about?
俄♥罗♥斯♥历史
Russian history.
试试慢跑吧
Try running.
交通部长斯蒂芬·拜尔斯与前新闻发言人
The Whitehall feud between the transport secretary Stephen Byers
马丁·西克史密斯
马丁·西克史密斯之间的不和持续发酵
and the former press secretary Martin Sixsmith continues to grow.
西克史密斯先生极力表达他的观点
Mr Sixsmith has been putting his side of the argument.
唐宁街将此事形容为一场闹剧
Downing Street describe the affair as a soap opera.
西克史密斯先生今天似乎并不在家
There was no sign of Mr Sixsmith at his home today,
之前一周他都试图私下证明自己的清白
but after a week of trying to clear his name in private,
现在他决定向公众说明情况
he’s now gone public.
他对《星期日泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》透露
He told The Sunday Times
政♥府♥高♥官♥曾表态支持他
that senior figures in government had offered him support.
他们向我保证
They assured me they accepted
并没有怀疑我行为不当
there was no suspicion of misconduct against me.
因此我对于被他们单方面”辞职”感到十分惊讶
I was therefore amazed they had unilaterally “resigned” me.
我想对马丁·西克史密斯离职一事
I’d like to make a statment regarding the circumstances
做一些说明
of Mr. Martin Sixsmith’s resignation.
问题是布莱尔先生 对于下属互相中伤
The quesion here though, is how long can Mr Blair
还能袖手旁观多久
stand by his men and not himself be damaged?
毫无疑问
There’s no doubt that
还有一件事也让政♥府♥陷入窘境
there’s been yet another embarrassment of the government.
他们不光要咽下大量的耻辱
They’ve not only had to eat fantastic quantities of humble pie,
还要卑躬屈膝 摇尾乞怜
indeed humble pie, I would say, with a side order of grovel sauce.
而西克史密斯先生…
And so far as Mr Sixsmith is concerned…
终于找到你了
There you are.
真够尴尬的
That was embarrassing.
图尼神父刚才问我你跑哪去了
Father Tunney asked me where you disappeared to.
反正我也不信上帝
Well, I don’t believe in god.
他应该看得出来
And I think he can tell.
走吧
Come on.
我很替你担心 马丁
I’m worried about you. Martin.
这是谁干的
Who did that?
是你就好了 你需要找点事做
I wish you had. You need to get back to work.
那本讲俄♥罗♥斯♥史的书怎么了
What happened to that book on Russian history?
没人会对该死的俄♥罗♥斯♥史感兴趣
No one is interested in Russian bloody history.
菲 洛 梅 娜
我好像没见过你
Haven’t seen you any place.
你是哪里人
Where’re you from?
利默里克吗[爱尔兰西南部郡]
Are you from Limerick then?
你好 菲洛梅娜
Hello, Philomena.
神父
Father.
最近好吗
How have you been?
新的髋关节怎么样
How’s your new hip?
非常棒 是钛合金的
Oh, it’s very good. It’s titanium.
有段时间没见到你了
Haven’t seen you for a while.
我就过来点根蜡烛
I just came in to light a candle.
给特殊的人吗
Someone special?
是的
Yes.
我喜欢你的裙子
I like your dress.
是你自己做的吗
Did you make it yourself?
不是 我在店里买♥♥的
No. I bought it in a shop.
不管怎样 我姑姑跟我说过
And anyways, me auntie told me
我不该跟你这样的陌生男人说话
I wasn’t supposed to speak to strange men like you.
你让他用手碰你了吗
Did you let him put his hands on you?
罪恶让你感到愉悦吗
Did you enjoy your sin?
你把你的短裤脱了吗
Did you take your knickers down?
回答希尔德加德修女 你有没有脱掉它
Answer Sister Hildegarde, did you take them down?
有
Yes.
院长嬷嬷
Reverend Mother,
学校的修女们从没教过我们怀孩子的事
at school, the sisters never taught us about babies.
你母亲没跟你说过吗
Did your mother not tell you?
她母亲十年前就死了
Her mother died ten years ago.
上帝保佑她安息
God rest her soul.
别想把这些怪罪到修女们头上
Don’t dare to blame the sisters for this!
你才是这耻辱的源头
You were the cause of this shame.
你和你不耻的行为
You and your indecency!
我不知道该怎么办
I don’t know what to do!
我们必须去找医生
We must get a doctor.
孩子的位置不对 这是臀位分娩
The baby is the wrong way round. It’s breech!
交给神来处置吧
It’s in God’s hands now.
这痛苦是她的救赎
The pain is her penance.
万福圣母 仁慈之母
Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy,
别让她们埋了我的孩子
Don’t let them put my baby in the ground.
那里好冷 好黑
It’s cold there, it’s dark there.
再过半小时 把他们的灯关了 好吗
Just go up and turn their lights out in half an hour. OK?
她不知道你是有工作的吗
Doesn’t she know you’ve got a proper job?
她人手不够 我去帮把手
She’s short staffed. I’m just filling in.
午夜以前肯定回来
I’ll be home before midnight.
妈妈
Mama?
怎么了
What is it?
你还好吗
Are you alright?
他是谁
Who’s he?
今天是他的生日 他满50岁了
It’s his birthday. He’ll be 50 today.
呼吸
Breathe.
是个男孩
It’s a boy.
马丁
Oh, Martin!
-你好啊 大卫 -你好
– Oh, hello, David. – Hello.
你认识基斯的
Keith you know.
萨莉·米切尔
And Sally Mitchell,
这是马丁·西克史密斯 以前是BBC驻莫斯科记者
this is Martin Sixsmith, used to be the BBC’s man in Moscow.
-还有华盛顿 -你好
– And Washington. – Hello.
后来去当了政♥府♥顾问
And then became a spin doctor for the government,
最后弄得一团糟
until it all went a bit tits up.
这么总结没错吧 马丁
Is that a fair summation, Martin?
差不多吧
That’s fair enough.
就像我总说的 常在河边走
I always say if you shovel shit for long enough,
哪能不湿鞋
you’ll end up with some on your shoes.
你可是湿了一头啊 真不容易
Yeh but you got it on your head, how did you manage that?
你现在有什么打算
What are you up to at the moment?
我想写一本关于俄♥罗♥斯♥历史的书
I’m thinking of writing a book on Russian history.
或者别的 回去做记者之类的
Or something else. Maybe get back to journalism.
我记得你
I remember you!
就是你在911那天 发了那封糟糕的邮件
You’re the one who sent that terrible e-mail saying
说今天很适合掩埋坏消息
it was a good day to bury bad news on 911.
那不是我 是别人
No, I didn’t. That was someone else.
我一直以为是你呢
I thought it was you.
很多人都弄错了