Well, thank you for your time, Counselor.
贝克特先生
Mr. Beckett
你的事我很遗憾 是个不幸
I’m sorry about what happened to you. It’s a bitch, you know?
再见 贝克特先生
Have a nice day, Mr. Beckett.
他怎么了
What the hell’s the matter with that guy?
爱丽丝 看看安布鲁斯特能否见我
Iris, find out if Armbruster can see me.
-乔·米勒办公室 -爱丽丝
– Joe Miller’s office. – Iris.
-看看安布鲁斯特能否见我 – 安布鲁斯特 何时
– Find out if Armbruster can see me. – Armbruster? When?
立即去 爱丽丝
No. Right away, Iris.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
病毒只能经由体液交换传染
The HIV virus can only be transmitted through the exchange ofbodily fluids…
例如血液 精♥液♥和阴♥道♥分泌物
namely, blood, semen and vaginal secretions.
对 是
Right. Yeah.
但对艾滋病 每天都有新发现
But isn’t it true they’re finding out new things about this disease every day?
你今天告诉我没危险
Now, you tell me today there’s no danger. Go home.
我回去抱孩子
I go home. I pick up my little baby girl.
然后六个月后发现
Then I find out six months from now on the news or something:
错了 检查错误
Whoops! Made a mistake. Yeah, you can carry it…
你的衬衫都可传染病毒
on your shirt or your clothes or…
你干什么
What are you doing?
抽血
We’re gonna draw blood.
为何要这样做
– Why are we gonna do that? – Joe.
小乔
Little Joe.
我看着你长大
I’ve known you since you were a kid.
我不管你的私生活
And I don’t care a whit about your private life.
我不需要做艾滋检验 谢谢
Thanks, Doc. I don’t need an AIDS test, but thanks anyway.
把账单寄到我办公室吧
Just send a bill to my office for me.
好吗
Okay?
多谢你的资料
Thanks for the information. Really.
你不接受同性恋
You have a problem with gays, Joe.
-不是特别抗拒 -你是
– Not especially. – Yes, you do.
-你认识多少个同性恋 -你呢
– How many gays do you know? – How many do you know?
-很多 -例如呢
– Lots. – Like who?
卡伦·伯曼 我的特丽萨阿姨
Karen Berman, my aunt Theresa…
住在曼彻斯特的汤米表哥
Cousin Tommy who lives in Rochester…
公♥司♥的埃迪·迈耶斯
Eddie Meyers from the office…
斯坦利 替我们装厨柜那个
Stanley, the guy who’s putting in our kitchen cabinets.
特丽萨阿姨是同性恋
Aunt Theresa is gay?
那个美丽性感的女人是同性恋
That beautiful, sensuous, voluptuous woman is a lesbian?
-当然了 -何时开始的
Since when?
也许她一出世就是
Probably since she was born.
天啊
Oh, man.
好吧 我承认有偏见
All right. Well, hey, I admit it, okay?
我不喜欢同性恋
I’m prejudiced. I don’t like homosexuals. There. You got me.
男人做那样的事
– All right. – I mean, the way these guys do that…
不觉得奇怪吗
…thing, don’t they get confused?
“这是你的吗 是我的吗”
“Oh, I don’t know. Is that yours? Is that mine?”
我不要跟比我壮的人
You know, I don’t want to be in bed with anybody who’s stronger than me…
或是胸毛比我还多的人上♥床♥
or who has more hair on their chest.
算我是老古板吧 但我是男人
Now, you can call me old-fashioned, conservative. Just call me a man.
我想男人才明白
Besides, I think you have to be a man to understand how…
整件事多么恶心
really disgusting that whole idea is anyway.
-是的 -是的
– Yeah? – Yeah.
山顶洞人
Well, well. Little caveman of the house.
你这基佬
You damn skippy.
别接近特丽萨阿姨
Here you go, baby. Stay away from your aunt Theresa too.
别这样对她说
Joe, don’t say that to her.
我讨厌那些健身
Think about those guys pumping up together…
但又娘娘腔的人
trying to be macho and faggot at the same time.
真恶心
I mean, I can’t stand that shit.
我老实跟你说
Hey, I’m bein’ totally honest with you, okay?
-是吗 你是吧 -我有个问题
– Oh, yeah. You are. – All right. I got a question for you.
你会接受一个
Would you accept a client…
看起来就讨厌的人做你的当事人吗
if you were constantly thinking…
我不想他碰我
I don’t want this person to touch me.
我甚至不想他向着我呼吸
I don’t want him to even breathe on me?
-我是你就不会 -我正是这个意思
– Not if I was you, honey. – That’s what I’m talking about.
什么
What?
圣诞快乐
Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas!
两星期后
-圣诞快乐 -谢谢
– Merry Christmas. – Thank you.
-圣诞快乐 -圣诞快乐 先生
– Hey, merry Christmas! – Merry Christmas, sir.
谢谢
Thank…
新年快乐
Happy new year.
-你上过电视 -我上过电视
– You’re the, uh, the TV guy. – TV guy.
先生
Sir?
这是增订本
This is the supplement.
你说得对 有一部分是与艾滋病有关的歧视
You’re right. There is a section on HIV-related discrimination.
谢谢
Thank you.
十分感谢你
Thank you very much.
我们有间私人研究室
We do have a private research room available.
我在这儿很好 谢谢
I’m fine right here. Thank you.
你知道哪里找得到默多克案吗
Excuse me. Do you know where I can find the State v. Murdock case?
我一会就来帮你
Just a moment. I’ll be right with you.
谢谢
Thanks.
研究室会比较舒服吧
Wouldn’t you be more comfortable in a research room?
不用
No.
会让你比较舒服吗
Would it make you more comfortable?
贝克特 你好吗
Beckett. How you doin’?
律师
Counselor.
随便你吧 先生
Whatever, sir.
对不起
Excuse me.
你找到谁
Who’d you get?
什么
What?
找到辩护律师了吗
Did you find a lawyer?
我自己就是律师
I’m a lawyer.
你的孩子怎样
Hey, how’s your baby?
她很好
Oh, yeah. She’s, uh…
好极了
She’s wonderful, great.
她叫什么名宇
What’s her name?
拉莉
Larice.
很美的名字
That’s a beautiful name.
以我姐的名字取的
Named her after my sister.
听着
Look, I’m, uh…
他们怎知道你有艾滋
How’d they find out you have the AIDS?
其中一个合伙人见到我额头上的皮肤病变
One of the partners noticed a lesion on my forehead.
一个律师看见…
But how do you go from, uh…
你额上的皮肤病变也不代表什么
How do you go from a lawyer spotting a lesion, which could be anything…
怎么会因为任何可能造成的病变 就推断你得了艾滋
to the partners deducing that you have AIDS…
然后以这种推断开除你
and terminating you on the basis of that conclusion?
问得好
That’s a good point.
注意到病变的律师 叫沃尔特·肯顿
The partner who spotted the lesion, Walter Kenton…
曾在华盛顿的厄尔默布拉姆事务所上班
worked for Walsh, Ulmer and Brahm in D.C.
有个副手 梅莉莎·本尼迪克特
A paralegal there, Melissa Benedict…
差不多三年来都有这种病变
showed lesions on and off for the better part of two, three years.
用常识都知道那些伤由艾滋引起
She says it was common knowledge around the office they were caused by AIDS.
但他没解雇她
But they didn’t fire her.
不 没有
No. They did not fire her.
我明白了
I see.
你有相关的例子吗
So you got a relevant precedent?
雅莱决议案
The Arline decision.
-雅莱 -高等法♥院♥
– Arline? – Supreme Court.
1973年的联邦就业法
The Federal Vocational Rehabilitation Act…
拟订禁令
of 1973 prohibits discrimination…
只要他们能担任工作
against otherwise qualified handicapped persons…
不应有歧视
who are able to perform the duties required by their employment.
虽然法例没提到
Although the ruling did not address the specific issue…
艾滋病毒和对艾滋病患者的歧视
of HIV and AIDS discrimination…
但随后的决议规定
Subsequent decisions have held that AIDS is protected as a handicap…
艾滋也是伤残 因为病者身体上的限制
under law, not only because of the physical limitations it imposes…
并受到社会人士的歧视
but because the prejudice surrounding AIDS…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!